Chef SPEEDY

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

Healthy and easy and very tasty.Old bay is the important seasoning here.I skip the bread,but momma is all over it.Mussels and crab can be added.

Yesterday I did my shopping for the week
    3lbs ground turkey
    2lbs chicken breast
    5 pork cutlets
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    Brussel sprouts
    Onions
    Spinach
    Avocado
    Mushrooms
    Corn
    All for under $40
    Enough for meals to feed the 2 of us, lunch and dinner, the entire week. Yet people still want to convince me its cheaper to eat fast food/junk food? I am still not buying it.

I'm with you 100% on that position Speedy.It takes effort.Most people are lazy.Take your push up thing.Whats it take 5 min a day?Peeps will say I have no time to eat right and work out. Bullshit I say!!!!
    I see no fish on that list????
    ldent42 said:

Wednesday looks delicious.

Butterball all white breast 2/3 lb.Fresh squeezed juice and spices.Slow roasted at 300. Super simple and you get a nice flavorful skin and super moist tender meat.So much meat you can do multiple lunch and dinners
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Nice menu plan! I'm totally with you. Take a few moments, plan the menu, buy healthy whole foods. Don't buy junk so it won't be around to grab on a whim when hungry. Eat consciously. Take care of this amazing machine we all are given by eating well and moving a lot. Recognize your gratitude.

Now go do some push ups
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    rr165892 said:

I see no fish on that list????

I have plenty of perch in the freezer.
    Perch that I caught.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Well done.The self cught makes it that much better.
    I do like to mix in wild caught gulf shrimp and Scallops.Great protein.No fat and great with anything from Italian dishes to Thai or home style.
    So this slow cooker pork chop recipe I followed, turned out pretty damned good. I just need to maybe buy some bigger cuts, and make sure they are bone in, for the next time I make this.

Pork chops, or cutlets.
    Garlic and plenty of other spices.
    Some chopped green olives
    Red peppers
    Yukon Gold potatoes
    Tomato sauce

All layered in a crock pot
    Cooked slow for about 6-7 hours.

It turned out DELICIOUS!!!
    Sounds real good.Maybe pork butt would work better and give you a real tender "pulled pork" situation.
    rr165892 said:

Sounds real good.Maybe pork butt would work better and give you a real tender "pulled pork" situation.

Actually, I just need to buy the "bone in" chops. I screwed up and bought the cutlets. By the time I checked the crockpot, 5 hours later, I realized those cutlets were DONE!!! hahaha
    So I just set the crock pot to warm, and called my wife and told her to get her ass home form work, or she was going to be eating "mush chops".

Ive done the pulled pork thing a few times too. Good stuff.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Chef Speedy can you help a girl out? What's for dinner at your place this weekend? I need some ideas?

Also do you have any pressure cooker tips? I'm a wuss and don't know where to begin.

Thanks!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLa said:

Chef Speedy can you help a girl out? What's for dinner at your place this weekend? I need some ideas?

Also do you have any pressure cooker tips? I'm a wuss and don't know where to begin.

Thanks!

Summertime!
    Its all about the grilling.
    Throw some steaks, burgers, chicken, etc. on the grill.
    Roast some fresh veggies. Maybe throw a nice cheese sauce or a hollandaise sauce on the veggies.
    Make a nice salad, with plenty of fresh veggies, and whatever dressing you prefer.
    Don't forget the summer fruit, melons, peaches, nectarines, plums, cheeries, etc. Kathy makes a great fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries, cool whip, and angel food cake.

But its all about the grilling.
    Tonight its simple for me.
    Ribeyes on the grill
    Roasted cauliflower
    Salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes from the garden, peppers from the garden.
    Sweet corn
    Baked potato with chives from the garden.
    Mmmm! You're hired!
  • FoxyRedLa said:

Mmmm! You're hired!

Never done anything with a pressure cooker. I have no clue.

Lately we have been doing a lot of turkey burgers on the grill. We spice them up with seasoning, some hot sauce, and believe it or not some shredded carrots. We mix it all together, make some patties, and throw them on the grill. When most people think of turkey burgers, they think of dried up YUCK! But these turn out moist and delicious. I top off with some cheese, low-fat mayo, tomato slice, and a pickle.
    Everything sounds so delicious! All foods I love. Thank you this helps make some dishes we haven't had in a while!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279

FoxyRedLa said:

Mmmm! You're hired!

Never done anything with a pressure cooker. I have no clue.

Lately we have been doing a lot of turkey burgers on the grill. We spice them up with seasoning, some hot sauce, and believe it or not some shredded carrots. We mix it all together, make some patties, and throw them on the grill. When most people think of turkey burgers, they think of dried up YUCK! But these turn out moist and delicious. I top off with some cheese, low-fat mayo, tomato slice, and a pickle.
    Yeah, turkey burgers can be amazing when done right.
    Might do some tonight.
  • FoxyRedLa said:

Everything sounds so delicious! All foods I love. Thank you this helps make some dishes we haven't had in a while!

If you want to go to a website that has TONS of great recipes, and is a little on the healthier side.
    Check out skinnytaste

My wife and I have made a dozen or so recipes from there, and each and everyone of them has been terrific. They have a lot of recipes for the crock pot (slow cooker), that my wife ends up taking to work, for her lunches, for the entire week. Lots of pulled chicken, and pulled pork recipes. Stuff to throw over rice or noodles.
  • FoxyRedLa said:

If you go to skinnytaste.com today.
    They have a picture of their strawberry-cucumber salad.
    It looks INCREDIBLE!
    Plus it just has Summer written all over it.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    You know what really sucks about not having a grill? (Or even the option to have a grill)
    Corn on the grill is about a million times better than corn any other way.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Thanks Speed that's a great site! Yum!
  • And when grilling steaks or chicken?
    Always sauté some mushrooms, for a side dish.
    Mix and match several varieties, or just go with your favorite.

• If you want to go to a website that has TONS of great recipes, and is a little on the healthier side.
    Check out skinnytaste

Just checked this site out and liked what I saw! That salad looks delicious and I am going to try the zucchini meatballs. We always have lots of zucchini and it's nice to have some different recipies to use it up. Thanks Speedy!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • So a good friend of mine, and his family, went apple picking last week. I was given 25 or so apples.

I have made apple butter. DELICIOUS!
    And I am making an apple pie, as I type this.

WOO HOO!
  • A BIG weekend in the SPEEDY kitchen.

Slow cooker Chicken and Dumplings.
    Slow cooker Chicken Chili.
    Chicken Soup
    (Yeah chicken was on sale last week) Ha!

Sunday dinner was a nice Eye Of The Round roast, with Mashed Taters and Gravy.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

A BIG weekend in the SPEEDY kitchen.

Chicken Soup

Well, at least I know it's kosher to eat at speedy's house this weekend. Don't see any swine on the menu. Too bad I'm not gonna be in Illinois this weekend, menu looks delicious.
  • badbrains said:

Chicken Soup

Well, at least I know it's kosher to eat at speedy's house this weekend. Don't see any swine on the menu. Too bad I'm not gonna be in Illinois this weekend, menu looks delicious.
    Go Blackhawks!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

Chicken Soup

Go Blackhawks!
    Wait, what? Haha, fucker! But we did beat you opening night chef.
  • Baked chicken breasts rolled with spinach topped with pomodoro sauce and melted mozzarella.

A dish the whole family will love! Hahaha

And only 194 calories per serving.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I made steamed crab legs for dinner.

I win.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    I just have to post and rub in that I just had 2 delicious oh soo good bowls of gwumps!! Mmmmmm! Gwumpkies!!! (Stuffed cabbage)

YUMMMMMMMM!

Merry Christmas Speedy and family!
    So they had Turkey Breast for $0.99 a pound.
    I couldn't resist.

So this Saturday I am having a Thanksgiving dinner!

Roasted Turkey Breast
    Mashed Potatoes/Gravy
    Roasted Brussel Sprouts
    Corn On The Cob