Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

PJSiren said:

How can one person produce so much snot???

:rofl::rofl:
    Glad I could make you laugh...but I am very serious...since I've been sick, I just don't get it...it's an overwhelming amount... :lol:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    pjhawks said:

if all the birds from the east fly south for the winner shouldn't Florida be overwhelmed with birds?

They like inhabited tiny little islands.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    You know this water crisis in California? Is there a reason they can't have water imported from Canada or something? Grab a few sheets of ice out from under a polar bear or something and toss it in the reservoirs? Why is that not an option?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,799
    ldent42 said:

You know this water crisis in California? Is there a reason they can't have water imported from Canada or something? Grab a few sheets of ice out from under a polar bear or something and toss it in the reservoirs? Why is that not an option?

Because no, you can't just take something from another country because you squandered your resources. Stay the ford away from our water.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    yea yea i get that but I think you know what I'm asking. Pretend I said Alaska instead of Canada. I'm curious about the like logistics or practicality or whatever. Can fresh water not be imported from elsewhere?
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    ldent42 said:

yea yea i get that but I think you know what I'm asking. Pretend I said Alaska instead of Canada. I'm curious about the like logistics or practicality or whatever. Can fresh water not be imported from elsewhere?

William Shatner started a kickstarter campaign to raise 40 billion to build a pipeline from Washington down to Cali. He said he knows he won't get the 40 billion so the money will be donated to the appropriate politician who takes this up as a cause. If you can move oil through Alaska why not water down the west coast. Plus if it were to ever leak its just water so who cares.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

ldent42 said:

Because no, you can't just take something from another country because you squandered your resources. Stay the ford away from our water.
    Fuck that, let's start a campaign dedicated to stealing all of Canadas fresh water!
  • Options

ldent42 said:

Fuck that, let's start a campaign dedicated to stealing all of Canadas fresh water!
    What are they going to do? Stop exporting maple syrup to us. Create the pipeline but don't stop in washington. If they bitch and moan we start a petition to congress to enact a law PJ is no longer allowed to play in Canada. We give PJ, they give water. Seems like a fair trade.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

ldent42 said:

What are they going to do? Stop exporting maple syrup to us. Create the pipeline but don't stop in washington. If they bitch and moan we start a petition to congress to enact a law PJ is no longer allowed to play in Canada. We give PJ, they give water. Seems like a fair trade.

Don't Canadians try and claim Washington state sometimes anyway?

I kid. All in good fun.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,799
    cdysinge said:

ldent42 said:

This would almost work except for the wee detail that this would break PJs heart because they love Canada, then they would break up and now the world is very angry with you......probably not the best way to go. Also since I have to travel 800miles to get to see them in the closest location they ever get to me what's a few hundred more meh.

You still can't have our water, we're not that polite. But we will share pictures of water with you......

and the winter view
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    That is cruel. This will be all of cali in a year:

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    cdysinge said:

That is cruel. This will be all of cali in a year:

Lmao isn't that Cali NOW??
  • Options
    Only parts, growing bigger by the day. Pretty soon it will all be like that. I grew up in cali in a major drought that involved having to share bath water with your siblings (gross) and many other things that should not happen in America. They waited on this problem so long its going to take a herculean effort to fix it.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Only parts, growing bigger by the day. Pretty soon it will all be like that. I grew up in cali in a major drought that involved having to share bath water with your siblings (gross) and many other things that should not happen in America. They waited on this problem so long its going to take a herculean effort to fix it.

Yeah I grew up out there when we had the drought of 88-92. We were allowed one gallon per person and a rationed amount for animals as well. I had to obtain 'sponsors' to pay to water my horses. It was horrid.. All the creek beds dried up.. Our lake became a puddle, then a piddle, then disappeared... It was scary..
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Why do stores that have those stupid posts on their shopping carts to prevent you from stealing said carts sell huge heavy products that require you to use said carts to get those products out to your car?

I'm glad I left your stupid cart at the exit door...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Why do people troll? I don't get it.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

they have nothing else better in their lives to live for.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    ldent42 said:

I don't get it either. Some people have whole bands of other people following their trolling and encouraging them too, and trying to do it themselves because it's so much fun. It's bizarre, and mean-spirited.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

I don't get it either. Some people have whole bands of other people following their trolling and encouraging them too, and trying to do it themselves because it's so much fun. It's bizarre, and mean-spirited.
    That's exactly how I see it. Bizarre and mean spirited. I saw something on Facebook earlier and I don't know how to process it. Like is it a frat house type hazing thing? In which case could it be testosterone fueled which would explain why I don't get it? But I'm pretty sure it's not gender related cuz I've seen females do shit like that too. So weird.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

Yeah.. Makes me think of a certain person that posts here.......
  • Options
    Are you supposed to flip tater tots half way through cooking them? Cuz I don't.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Anarchist.
  • Options

Anarchist.
    My wife pretty much called me that too.
  • Options
    if baseball players have their little "good luck lick wipe tug lick tap tug adjust lick wipe lick tug" routine before a play, do they also do that in bed before they hit a home run with their partner?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,517
    RKCNDY said:

if baseball players have their little "good luck lick wipe tug lick tap tug adjust lick wipe lick tug" routine before a play, do they also do that in bed before they hit a home run with their partner?

jeter gives them a gift basket, your boy a-fraud let's his half a-fraud/half horse picture get them in the mood.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,517

How does electricity really work? Can someone explain it to me like I'm a four year old?

while you're at it, explain vinyl records.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

How does electricity really work? Can someone explain it to me like I'm a four year old?

while you're at it, explain vinyl records.
    Vinyl re IrDA are actually easier to explain versus electricity.
  • Options
    Where the FUCK has TWTM been? Guess k gotta PM him again.. This is why we need to tag our degenerates!!
  • Options
    You have 2 jugs. A 3 gallon jug and a 5 gallon jug. How do you get exactly 4 gallons into one of the jugs. You must be precise. One ounce to much or to little means you will explode.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838

You have 2 jugs. A 3 gallon jug and a 5 gallon jug. How do you get exactly 4 gallons into one of the jugs. You must be precise. One ounce to much or to little means you will explode.

You measure it, of course. Your question does not preclude that option.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.