Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited December 2014
    I don't have a laptop or PC, and it let's me quote from my iPhone.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    But do you use the mobile version or the Web version on your iPhone? On my phone the mobile version has lost the ability to quote, post photos and links it really sucks hard.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    That's why I use the desktop version.
  • Options
    But do you use the mobile version or the Web version on your iPhone? On my phone the mobile version has lost the ability to quote, post photos and links it really sucks hard.

I use the full site version. I hate the mobile version.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    I really like the mobile version...it made the transition when they changed the forum last year relatively painless. Now, however it is almost useless and the full site version drives me crazy on my phone...really hope they get it all sorted soon!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    I really like the mobile version...it made the transition when they changed the forum last year relatively painless. Now, however it is almost useless and the full site version drives me crazy on my phone...really hope they get it all sorted soon!

Agreed. They really need an update for the mobile version. A back button, ability to refresh a page and post a pic straight from your phone.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    The desktop version on my phone is horrible, which is why I haven't been using it instead.... if this doesn't get fixed I guess I'll have to suck it up, but I really don't want to!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    If Tom Petty and Michael Cera were to have a kid, would it not look like Beck?
    Detour_2006_-_Beck.jpg
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    hedonist wrote: »
    If Tom Petty and Michael Cera were to have a kid, would it not look like Beck?
    Detour_2006_-_Beck.jpg

=))
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Why does it take FedEx 3 days to get a package OUT of Ohio, and less than 24 hours to get that same package from Missouri to Utah?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Just saw this on a commercial and it blew my mind.

Pizza is round, box is square, slices are triangle....puffff mind just exploded... =))
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »

Pizza is round, box is square, slices are triangle....puffff mind just exploded... =))

Here is one for you........
    What would a chair look like if our knees bent the opposite way?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    ^^^^puffff, what's left of my mind just exploded....
  • Options
    if cheddar cheese had added ingredients to make it orange-because naturally cheddar cheese is white, then why is white cheddar cheese more expensive if it has LESS ingredients?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »

Stop with the weed
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    RKCNDY wrote: »
    if cheddar cheese had added ingredients to make it orange-because naturally cheddar cheese is white, then why is white cheddar cheese more expensive if it has LESS ingredients?

It needs extra ingredients to make it a nice, clean white, not any old cheesy white.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Does PJ radio website = PJ radio XM?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    How does electricity really work? Can someone explain it to me like I'm a four year old?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    How does electricity really work? Can someone explain it to me like I'm a four year old?
    I could, but it would probably require a phone call. I don't think I'm smart enough to type it. Actually, I have no idea how it works other than its energy. I can tell you in detail how it's made.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I'm with you on this RKCNDY.although Im not a fan of the multiple cross tattoos,earring,bracelet combo guy.But I also spend a lot of time around people passionate about fitness.And I agree Judging a book by its cover is not fair.A lot of commitment and discipline goes into pulling that off.
    FoxyRedLa wrote: »
    Does PJ radio website = PJ radio XM?

No.But you can get Siruis Xm PJ channel on line also.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Thanks rr.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    why does Taco Del Mar have wildly different calories on the same food for different states???

example: chips and queso side order is: 730 calories in the Province/states of AB, AK, AZ, BC, CA, HI, IA, MI, MT, ND, NV, OH, OR, VA, WA but in all the other states, it's only 560 calories.

Or the Chicken Taco Salad is 640 compared to 560...that's a HUGE difference.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Why create the thread that doesn't want you to post in said thread?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2015
    I still to this day don't understand how a TV signal/picture/feed or whatever is processed through cables, satellites and monitors to be read and is understood by our eyes. Who is designing this technology? Have you ever seen a chipboard of even the most basic laptop? The pure design let alone the manufacturing to allow it to process what you want it to do with a keystroke is mind boggling. How does live news (or any television show) appear on your screen?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Does juggler know how to juggle?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

I still to this day don't understand how a TV signal/picture/feed or whatever is processed through cables, satellites and monitors to be read and is understood by our eyes. Who is designing this technology? Have you ever seen a chipboard of even the most basic laptop? The pure design let alone the manufacturing to allow it to process what you want it to do with a keystroke is mind boggling. How does live news (or any television show) appear on your screen?

Extraterrestrial technology????

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    How can one person produce so much snot???
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

How can one person produce so much snot???

:rofl::rofl:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    if all the birds from the east fly south for the winner shouldn't Florida be overwhelmed with birds?
  • Options

Actually this only happens because of electricity.. It's very complicated.. Thought the piece of technology that filters the pixelated information.. ( which believe it or not is actually a number in transfer, and is filtered into a pixelation of color.) is a tiny spec of pewter and copper slag. It's really crazy how it works..
This discussion has been closed.