Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,675
    edited November 2014

Why does the NFL cancel a game because of to much snow in buffalo of alll places? It's fucking football people. And I don't want to hear any nonsense about fans travelling safely. Horseshit. Play the damn game.

It is pretty stupid. They have shitoads of money - why not just clear the feild, and whoever can make it makes it? Surely things will be somewhat back to normal by Sunday.... if the whole city isn't flooded, that is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul said:

Why does the NFL cancel a game because of to much snow in buffalo of alll places? It's fucking football people. And I don't want to hear any nonsense about fans travelling safely. Horseshit. Play the damn game.

It is pretty stupid. They have shitoads of money - why not just clear the feild, and whoever can make it makes it? Surely things will be somewhat back to normal by Sunday.... if the whole city isn't flooded, that is.
    9 1/2 feet covering a 100 yard by 53 1/3 yard area (add more for the sidelines). Where do you put all of it?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

PJ_Soul said:

9 1/2 feet covering a 100 yard by 53 1/3 yard area (add more for the sidelines). Where do you put all of it?
    Well, at least we know they won't be in drought conditions anymore.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    How cold does it have to be outside for a dog to not want to stick its head out the window of a moving car?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    SD48277 said:

How cold does it have to be outside for a dog to not want to stick its head out the window of a moving car?

Depends on the dog. My wolf dogs used to drive me nuts in the winter!! It'd be -10 degrees, and we'd be rolling down the interstate at 40-50 MPH ( cleared roads, mind you) and they'd want to be hanging out the damned window!! But the Heeler?? Wanted no part if that!
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah I think the temps are supposed to rise enough this weekend to melt it. I saw something on tv saying it will be the equivalent to 7 or 8 inches of rain? If that's accurate it will be a nightmare.
    Good news is I have to work Sunday and will now be able to watch the Bills Monday night! I'm a silver lining kind of guy!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

If it's in a recycling bin outside a building I definitely wouldn't call it stealing since the people who put them there basically chucked them out (to be recycled for no deposit return). In essence, the people going into recycling bins and taking the bottles and cans are preventing the complete waste of the deposit money. If they didn't take them it is literally like throwing money in the garbage (and then saying that a person who found the money in the garbage stole it).

we got a recycling credit on our bill...if there was no recyclables in there, we didn't get the credit.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    How do I get cat hair off blankets? Am I seriously going to have to go over the entire thing with tape?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

How do I get cat hair off blankets? Am I seriously going to have to go over the entire thing with tape?

best. thing. ever.

it even gets the hair that has magically woven itself into fabrics...basically sheets of micro-fine velcro
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,822
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

best. thing. ever.

it even gets the hair that has magically woven itself into fabrics...basically sheets of micro-fine velcro
    Are you serious??? Where did you get it?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

best. thing. ever.

This works amazingly!!
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

best. thing. ever.

I found it at Target, you can get it on Amazon too-prob at that evil low wage slave company (walmart) too. You will go through sheets pretty fast, I tried to get a few extra uses out of them by using a fine tooth comb to comb out the hairs when it would get full.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

best. thing. ever.

I found it at Target, you can get it on Amazon too-prob at that evil low wage slave company (walmart) too. You will go through sheets pretty fast, I tried to get a few extra uses out of them by using a fine tooth comb to comb out the hairs when it would get full.
    Thanks, going to search amazon now. Best question/answer ever, of course now it will have to be moved to the correct thread.

Do we have a good and rational question thread?

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    I thought we did have a questions thread...but the search function on here is horrible...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I thought we did have a questions thread...but the search function on here is horrible...

This is not a questions thread...this is a stupid questions thread. Not a dumb question thread...just stupid
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

RKCNDY said:

This is not a questions thread...this is a stupid questions thread. Not a dumb question thread...just stupid
    The official stupid questions thread.
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

My bad. Not OFFI-cal...hasn't reached that status. Just official.

Stupid question:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if that varmint could in fact chuck wood?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2014

RKCNDY said:

I like this version,
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

I like this version,
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Do the answers differ?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Can a woodchuck chuck wood? Like does he eat it first then upchuck it or does he just toss it around willynilly?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

best. thing. ever.

I came across something similar made by Pledge or Swiffer, I think - bought it a few years ago and found it while cleaning out a cabinet.

IT WAS AMAZING.

I think similar to what you use. We need this, especially with Shedder #1.
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

best. thing. ever.

Thanks, going to search amazon now. Best question/answer ever, of course now it will have to be moved to the correct thread.

Do we have a good and rational question thread?
    We do now!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Can a woodchuck chuck wood? Like does he eat it first then upchuck it or does he just toss it around willynilly?

Depends on how much he has had to drink ;)

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,675
    edited November 2014

PJ_Soul said:

I dunno... Maybe blow hot air at it? Or free snow cone day? Or giant snowball fight for the tailgaters? *-:)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

best. thing. ever.

I came across something similar made by Pledge or Swiffer, I think - bought it a few years ago and found it while cleaning out a cabinet.

IT WAS AMAZING.

I think similar to what you use. We need this, especially with Shedder #1.
    awesome! I'm gonna look for it tomorrow. Then order it from Amazon on Sunday when I can't find it locally.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    How does one cook Thanksgiving dinner?

I have a turkey.
    Sweet potato.
    a box of stove top
    A frozen roll of pork sausage
    marshmallows
    a can of something called Jellied Cranberry Sauce because apparently "you can't have turkey without" some red goop in a can!
    crescent rolls
    and String Beans, because Goddamnit I'm making SOMETHING for me to eat.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp.

• Options
    ldent42 said:

How does one cook Thanksgiving dinner?

I have a turkey.
    Sweet potato.
    a box of stove top
    A frozen roll of pork sausage
    marshmallows
    a can of something called Jellied Cranberry Sauce because apparently "you can't have turkey without" some red goop in a can!
    crescent rolls
    and String Beans, because Goddamnit I'm making SOMETHING for me to eat.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp.

do you have an oven?
    :))

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    you know, you laugh. but the knob/dial thing actually no longer has numbers on it. So all these instructions like "preheat to 350, cook for 2 hours then crank heat to 425 and cook for one hour" have me thinking I'm gonna have to kinda guess about where the numbers are supposed to be.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

you know, you laugh. but the knob/dial thing actually no longer has numbers on it. So all these instructions like "preheat to 350, cook for 2 hours then crank heat to 425 and cook for one hour" have me thinking I'm gonna have to kinda guess about where the numbers are supposed to be.

hey, you are talking to the guy who forgot to defrost his turkey and tried to thaw it in the bathtub.
    I fucking kid you not. =))

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
This discussion has been closed.