Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    hedonist said:

You do realize this would open a door which can never be closed?

I know and I'm willing to take that risk...pretty sure they know how but the lazy bastards just won't!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

"I want my Nickelback".

Answer to Jeopardy category: "Things you hear after a Nickelback concert. "

"God, this band really sux!"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    badbrains said:

"I want my Nickelback".

Answer to Jeopardy category: "Things you hear after a Nickelback concert. "

"God, this band really sux!"
    Yes they do but nothing is as bad as Mars Volta....they made we want to never hear again and hope for a brain injury so that I could forget that I had ever heard them....but still retain the knowledge that they suck rotting monkey balls.
    Post edited by northerndragon on

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,571
    ldent42 said:

How did anyone like The X-Files? What a horrible show.

Blasphemy!!!!!!
    The truth is out there.
    I Believe.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Why is it that you put your two cents in but it's only a penny for your thoughts?
    Somebody's making a penny.

Steven Wright.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Ha! I love Steven Wright. Another favourite of mine from him:

I'm a peripheral visionary. I can see the future, but only the bits way off to the side.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Dumb
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Ladies, chest hair or no?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

Dear God no.

It's not very attractive on men either, particularly in abundance. A little bit of fine/thin/light hair isn't a deal breaker, but a good rule of thumb is always "less is more"
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    love a hairy chest :x ...
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :)) Agree with Ident. Not attractive on women hahahhahahahhahaa

I second JW. I vote chest hair.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Depends.. I deal with each person as an individual.. Some guys it may look good, others, blech!!! But as a general rule, a little is good!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    ldent42 said:

Dear God no.

It's not very attractive on men either, particularly in abundance. A little bit of fine/thin/light hair isn't a deal breaker, but a good rule of thumb is always "less is more"
    =)) =))
  • Options
    edited December 2014

This has changed so much over the years it's funny, there was a time I was done if there was any now I like it if there is a little hair on the chest. If it's kept well groomed no real issues with it. But if it's a furry forest I'm not down.

Post edited by northerndragon on

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I like some chest hair. But I am picky with it too. It shouldn't be too much and I never warmed up to guys with dark hair. Dark hair on pale skin... Oh, and hair on the back. Not my thing.
    But everybody likes different things and the teddybears are loved as much as the snails.... My hubs has the PERFECT amount of hair. On the body, in his face, and on the head. I hit my personal jackpot :D
  • Options

I like some chest hair. But I am picky with it too. It shouldn't be too much and I never warmed up to guys with dark hair. Dark hair on pale skin... Oh, and hair on the back. Not my thing.
    But everybody likes different things and the teddybears are loved as much as the snails.... My hubs has the PERFECT amount of hair. On the body, in his face, and on the head. I hit my personal jackpot :D

TMI, Leezestarr. TMI.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Dumb
    Yes, it was a dumb show.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Does anyone else find Penn Jillette sexy in a bigbrain way?
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Why are Canada geese called Canada geese and not Canadian geese?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited December 2014
    SD48277 said:

Because they don't have the passport
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Because they're loud and messy and obnoxious, so they're not really very Canadian, so we just call them Canada Geese. :D
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

How does one cook Thanksgiving dinner?

I have a turkey.
    Sweet potato.
    a box of stove top
    A frozen roll of pork sausage
    marshmallows
    a can of something called Jellied Cranberry Sauce because apparently "you can't have turkey without" some red goop in a can!
    crescent rolls
    and String Beans, because Goddamnit I'm making SOMETHING for me to eat.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp.

How did your dinner go?

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Very good thanks. I was very surprised.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Why do people announce "i think the baby is sick", and then ' the baby' (who happens to be 2) throws up all over the couch, and they decide to take the baby home, but before leaving, insist everybody kisses the baby goodbye?

What the hell am I supposed to say?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Just say no I do. I just disclaimer it with "I love the wee one to death but I'm so not touching him/her right now". Been saying it for years and there hasn't been any pushback about it yet. I figure if the get all bent out of shape over that then they may be a wee bit too crazy even for me.

• Options
    Even if the baby is your great niece?

Ugh, this is why I don't hang around kids...they are cold magnets and love spreading them out like a stripper with a bucket of glitter.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

Ugh, this is why I don't hang around kids...they are cold magnets and love spreading them out like a stripper with a bucket of glitter.

I don't care how great she is :D

Yeah, I find being asked to kiss/hug/touch someone who's sick more off-putting than refusing to do so.

• Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited December 2014
    Light back rub and kiss on the forehead are my method to avoid to be sick around a sick kid.
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    RKCNDY said:

Kids are germ sponges. Just say [-X
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

I don't care how great she is :D

Yeah, I find being asked to kiss/hug/touch someone who's sick more off-putting than refusing to do so.

Okay good. I need to come up with some excuse for not touching any of the kids in the first place. I suspected she was sick the first day we saw her, but the family is so huggy/touchy/smoochy...

I feel like hell right now.

- Christopher McCandless
This discussion has been closed.