Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    edited November 2014

RKCNDY said:

And you know he keeps in contact with the people he liked.. So it's all good for him. :-)

Glad to know he doesn't like me!
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

all I know, is if Jeb runs and gets elected, I'm moving to Canada

We'd be happy to have you. :-bd
    yay! Though I'm not sure I could afford to live in Vancouver...I'd have to live in a small town.
    Serious or kidding RCKNDY?

And Canada sounds awesome!
    I have a couch, a love seat, a floor, and a storage room. If we split my rent 4 or 5 ways we'll be golden. Let's spend all our money on sushi and concerts and records. <:-P
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

And you know he keeps in contact with the people he liked.. So it's all good for him. :-)

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

yay! Though I'm not sure I could afford to live in Vancouver...I'd have to live in a small town.

I have a couch, a love seat, a floor, and a storage room. If we split my rent 4 or 5 ways we'll be golden. Let's spend all our money on sushi and concerts and records. <:-P </p>
    Whoo
    Hooo!!!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

I have a couch, a love seat, a floor, and a storage room. If we split my rent 4 or 5 ways we'll be golden. Let's spend all our money on sushi and concerts and records. <:-P </p>
    I'll come visit on weekends.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

^^^^

That stupid statement, produced a stupid question:

Has anyone actually scored tickets to a show and said "these seats suck". I feel kinda bad saying this, but outside a PJ show. Some of you people expect Ed on your lap.

I've seen The Who multiple times...I feel graced, I'm in my 30's for less than 20 days. My best seats were in Hershey, PA 20 some days after Entwistle died. I figured that's it.

Caught them again in Philly a few years later, pre gamed at a bar asking "trivia"..sorry folks who were there, but DJ who asked questions and I agreed. You are in a fucking building with Pete Townshend. I've been upper deck ever since, and those in 204 in Philly Quadrophenia tour, I'm not sitting down.

So, I will not say anything negative towards you, but have you gone to a show and said these seats stink?

When we saw the Who in...1979 or 80, I think...our seats were literally in the top row. I didn't care! Was just enamored to be seeing them - albeit without Keith, but still. Plus, everyone's pot smoke rose up to us :D

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,391

Oh no not page 3, whatever shall we do....

I couldn't help with the 12 hour day I had to put in crazy busy...besides I don't know how to sex by numbers. Is it like paint by numbers?

Usually everything leads to Seinfeld, but I thought this clip from Friends works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLeBWcARXYo

seven...Seven...SEVEN....SEVEN!!! :))
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    edited November 2014
    Why does a POS '76 ford pick up need a high tech alarm system??? Everytime we drive by it in my hubs diesel truck we set the alarm off....it's quite funny!!! But seriously, who is going to try to steal that POS???
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,825
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hobbes said:

Oh no not page 3, whatever shall we do....

I couldn't help with the 12 hour day I had to put in crazy busy...besides I don't know how to sex by numbers. Is it like paint by numbers?

Usually everything leads to Seinfeld, but I thought this clip from Friends works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLeBWcARXYo

seven...Seven...SEVEN....SEVEN!!! :))
    Soooooo are you trying to say I have to provide an instructional diagram.....that sounds like a lot of work *sigh*
    I'm gonna stick with the abstract concept....

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Why is something beyond the usual called extraordinary?

Shouldn't extraordinary mean even more run-of-the-mill than typical?

The English language can be a mindfuck.
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    Longueuil said:

=))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Stupid question: how long after an election should people continue to have campaign signs on their lawns? The election is over, people, take that shit down.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Longueuil said:

Wow.. Just wow!
  • Options
    Longueuil said:

I haven't laughed that hard in a while....thanks!!! =))
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Longueuil said:

That's a good one!!! =))
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I call snow, Cloud Poop!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

Longueuil said:

I haven't laughed that hard in a while....thanks!!! =))
    Right?? I read that to my niece, and we laughed for like twenty minutes!!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    SD48277 said:

Stupid question: how long after an election should people continue to have campaign signs on their lawns? The election is over, people, take that shit down.

One reason I absolutely despise Election Day...the signs. I passed 4 on the main road toda to work. If you put them up, take them down!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Where does motivation go when you have days off?

• Options

It hides!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

It hides!
    Or it points itself right towards relaxing
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Mine hides!! Lol
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    does it bother you when people question you or ask for things all the time?
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    JWPearl said:

does it bother you when people question you or ask for things all the time?

Depends on the person, but most times: yes.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    The mailman left a note for me in the mail box today. He did not come around and knocked on my door, I was there the whole time. We share a house with another person and none of us has their name on the door. So my question is why do people over here not have their names on their door?

Oh, and our landlord plastered the front lawn with election campaign posters. The neighbour, who is also a renter, destroyed them all because he doesn't like politicians. We let them there cause we like our landlord... And he took them away soon enough.
  • Options

The mailman left a note for me in the mail box today. He did not come around and knocked on my door, I was there the whole time. We share a house with another person and none of us has their name on the door. So my question is why do people over here not have their names on their door?

Oh, and our landlord plastered the front lawn with election campaign posters. The neighbour, who is also a renter, destroyed them all because he doesn't like politicians. We let them there cause we like our landlord... And he took them away soon enough.

Usually here in the states, we put our names in the inside of the mailboxes. :-)
  • Options
    Why can a contractor/construction crew never maintain a deadline, I mean seriously I get that shit happens but to blow every freakin deadline by a month or more! WTF??????

• Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

Why can a contractor/construction crew never maintain a deadline, I mean seriously I get that shit happens but to blow every freakin deadline by a month or more! WTF??????

Because whoever bid the job is operating in pretend time.

AKA: a time frame in which sounds reasonable to the costumer, who has no real idea how long the job will really take but it sounds good so they hand over the money thinking that their complete home remodel will take 16 hours to complete. But it's ok because the salesman bidding the job probably has no idea what he's even doing in the first place.
  • Options
    yellowwho said:

Because whoever bid the job is operating in pretend time.

AKA: a time frame in which sounds reasonable to the costumer, who has no real idea how long the job will really take but it sounds good so they hand over the money thinking that their complete home remodel will take 16 hours to complete. But it's ok because the salesman bidding the job probably has no idea what he's even doing in the first place.
    This isn't a home reno, they are building a new hospital and we have set move dates for patients and transferring equipment as well as delivery dates for new equipment based on adding a month to their "expected" finish date. They are now blowing all of this out of the water, because ya it is real easy to find somewhere else to put hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and who the hell needs a functioning hospital, oh right those pesky patients.

All I can say is someone is about to get a steel toe up the ass real soon!

This discussion has been closed.