Options

Canadian Soldier shot on Parliament Hill

124»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^ That makes no difference (not to mention just totally made up by you). The guy happens to be right, and it's obvious.

You are right. It is made up by me. I just automatically associate this guy with her boobs.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Ottawa Killings: Who Wins? Russell Brand The Trews (E174)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEaAAU3KAE

He's dead on.
    I am just hoping that Canadians don't fall for that bullshit.
    Just got done watching the news and they interviewed a bunch of people who went to the cenotaph's today and so many used the word terrorist ... so I think their falling for it ... unfortunately so many are to lazy to switch off the latest reality tv show and get informed. Not to mention how many mentioned they had the military men and women in "their thoughts that are overseas fighting for our freedom" ... even though where not under attack, where not being invaded ...
    I am still hoping that this will.wear off pretty quick once the emotions calm down. The Canadian media is relatively liberal too... i think that this issue will not be so much advanced by the media when the waters settle as it will be criticized. People are already discussing it all over social media and it's only been a few days. And during an election race this matter isn't about to go unaddressed by the opposition.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

The incident in Ottawa is being used to advance a narrative to further wars abroad and inhibit our freedom - Russell Brand

This is coming from a guy who dated a person solely for her breasts.
    You're a little huffy today.

Say what you want about Brand... but he's a smart guy.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

The incident in Ottawa is being used to advance a narrative to further wars abroad and inhibit our freedom - Russell Brand

You are right.

I did not mean to derail this thread.

I am bowing out.

• Options

lukin2006 said:

You are right.

I did not mean to derail this thread.

I am bowing out.

I think you have some things to say.

Stick around!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Ottawa Killings: Who Wins? Russell Brand The Trews (E174)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEaAAU3KAE

He's dead on.
    I am just hoping that Canadians don't fall for that bullshit.
    Just got done watching the news and they interviewed a bunch of people who went to the cenotaph's today and so many used the word terrorist ... so I think their falling for it ... unfortunately so many are to lazy to switch off the latest reality tv show and get informed. Not to mention how many mentioned they had the military men and women in "their thoughts that are overseas fighting for our freedom" ... even though where not under attack, where not being invaded ...
    I am still hoping that this will.wear off pretty quick once the emotions calm down. The Canadian media is relatively liberal too... i think that this issue will not be so much advanced by the media when the waters settle as it will be criticized. People are already discussing it all over social media and it's only been a few days. And during an election race this matter isn't about to go unaddressed by the opposition.
    Yes I hope ... but our current government still has a year or so to use this incident to push their agenda.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    So weird to see Canada in the midst of this kind of craziness but I guess it shouldn't be a surprise seeing as the whole world is going batty. I once wrote a really amateur song called "Blue Empyrean" when I was living on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington while staring across the Strait of San Juan de Fuca towards Canada because that country seemed like a refuge of sorts. Maybe yes, maybe no.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Russell Brand should thank his lucky stars he has a british accent and not a southern accent. He should get with Ted Nugent and start a reality series.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Jason P said:

Russell Brand should thank his lucky stars he has a british accent and not a southern accent. He should get with Ted Nugent and start a reality series.

Why? He's right...I also think in days to come most Canadians will settle down and accept what has happened in the past week as just a couple of loonies attacking innocent people, just as we have realized that the attack on the 3 mounties was just about the same.

If someone wants to do harm, they will ... all we can do he learn from this and be better prepared to deal with the situation if it arrises again.

I should state that our current government will use the incident to further their agenda ... but i'm confident most Canadians will see through it. But as I've stated in the past we live in a fake democracy (a say every 4 years), their agenda will get through even if 90% of the country disapproves and then in 2015 our current government will likely be replaced with another government with a similar agenda and on and on our fake democracy goes ... quite sickening.

Post edited by lukin2006 on
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    This is unique to us Canadians ...

Canada Honours Nathan Cirillo On The Highway Of Heroes (PHOTOS)

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/24/nathan-cirillo-highway-of-heroes-photos_n_6043546.html

• Options
    Haven't read a lot about the first onto the scene ... here's a great

Ottawa lawyer describes the surprisingly calm, passionate bystander attempt to save Nathan Cirillo’s life

articlehttp://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/23/ottawa-lawyer-describes-the-surprisingly-calm-passionate-bystander-attempt-to-save-nathan-cirillos-life/

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Thanks for all that lukin.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Thanks for all that lukin.

You welcome ... I was especially moved by the lawyer who ran back and helped the soldier ... she a hero and should have been honoured at the hockey games Saturday night (maybe she was).

• Options
    Outstanding
    Video: Pre-game tribute honours fallen soldiers

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/video-pre-game-tribute-honours-fallen-soldiers/

Pittsburgh Penguins play O Canada to honour those affected by Ottawa attack

http://o.canada.com/sports/video-penguins-play-o-canada-to-honour-those-affected-by-ottawa-attack

and Detroit did similar as probably other teams did...

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited October 2014
    The response by Canadians in general (and our friends to the south) has been fantastic. The response by our government still remains to be seen.....but so far not so good.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    brianlux said:

So weird to see Canada in the midst of this kind of craziness but I guess it shouldn't be a surprise seeing as the whole world is going batty. I once wrote a really amateur song called "Blue Empyrean" when I was living on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington while staring across the Strait of San Juan de Fuca towards Canada because that country seemed like a refuge of sorts. Maybe yes, maybe no.

I think it's fair to say it still is. This kind of thing is still rare here at least.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    I do love the way most Canadians have been reacting to the unfortunate events that have happened in Canada recently. Makes me proud of the people here. I read about the youtube video below this morning where three people decided to do an experiment in Ottawa to see how people would react to racism towards Muslims days after the shooting. I think its worth checking out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGGZNE9Oc8
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I do love the way most Canadians have been reacting to the unfortunate events that have happened in Canada recently. Makes me proud of the people here. I read about the youtube video below this morning where three people decided to do an experiment in Ottawa to see how people would react to racism towards Muslims days after the shooting. I think its worth checking out:

Nicely done, Walking the Miles and Canadian citizens! Not sure we would get the same results in many street corners down here but I hope so! I couldn't quite get what the negative thing at the end was but the fact that so many at the bus stop stood up for the guy playing the part of a Muslim- that was cool!

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I guess the negative thing was the fact that he got punched out. It looked like that didn't feel to good.
    I also like at the end of the video when the guy says to the officer, No I didn't see who did it, was from behind so I can't identify. (A lie to keep anyone from being arrested for assault). Took his lumps for the cause.
    Post edited by Walking the miles on

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    I thought the blood was fake. Didn't he have fake blood before they started shooting? If he did get punched- that sucks.

• Options
    No, he was punched, the intro was recorded after I'm pretty sure. See my edit on my previous post (done after your post).

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

This was cool. Good for you Canada!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Was it not in Hamilton?

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    edited October 2014
    You're right, my mistake. It was in Hamilton, which is where the victim of the shooting was from.

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    rel="badbrains">

that right there is why canada is a great country