Options

What Is Next? (for PJ and "the guys")

124»

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Isn't a one to three month break a long time?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Brain of TreyBrain of Trey Jupiter Fl, new to Cambridge MA Posts: 55
    Since albums are not 1/10th the money maker of the past, these guys, to maintain a certain level of lifestyle, have to tour. So, i feel like every year from here on, you can expect at least a short 12 show leg a year. Thats just what I think. They toured A LOT in the past year. The album is still only one year old. I expect them to maybe take time off to record but every year they will be busy. They have kids, wives, etc. And its just unreasonable to me to see the 2007-2009 pre Crapspacer release to be that inactive. But I could be completely wrong. I just think touring brings in the flow.
    West Palm Beach 1998 (2nights) 2000 (2 nights) ,2003,2008 Tampa 2000 Atlanta 1994, 2000, 2012 Philly 2012
  • Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405

Since albums are not 1/10th the money maker of the past, these guys, to maintain a certain level of lifestyle, have to tour. So, i feel like every year from here on, you can expect at least a short 12 show leg a year. Thats just what I think. They toured A LOT in the past year. The album is still only one year old. I expect them to maybe take time off to record but every year they will be busy. They have kids, wives, etc. And its just unreasonable to me to see the 2007-2009 pre Crapspacer release to be that inactive. But I could be completely wrong. I just think touring brings in the flow.

I agree with everything except the "Crapspacer" comment :-t
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

making albums is very expensive and doesn't amount to much in profits. true. but the songs are what keep us coming back. at this point, i would compare making a new album most any kind financial investment. the payoff comes with time.

and Backspacer was not crap. it was great!!

I am glad the band at least makes an effort to keep putting out new music every few years. perhaps we got spoiled in the first few years where it seemed a new album was on its way just as we finished absorbing the last one. some good years!