***Chicago II Fanviews 5/17 Here ***

13»

Comments

• krobbinz wrote:
    Does anyone have pictures to share? My digital wasnt working, so sadly I wasnt able to take pics.

I have a few short video clips from the 6th row (Center). I lucked out and met someone on the board who had an awesome 10c number.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    I have a few short video clips from the 6th row (Center). I lucked out and met someone on the board who had an awesome 10c number.
    That would be soooooooooooo awesome!!...please send them!
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    krobbinz wrote:
    Does anyone have pictures to share? My digital wasnt working, so sadly I wasnt able to take pics.

i have some pretty good ones. pm me your email and i will send them
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    ~
    http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~bmosier/edwho004.jpg

Pre-Concert Chicago II Guest Photographer

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~bmosier/edwho012.jpg

Mike, Ed, Jeff and Stone Chicago II Picture by Clint

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~bmosier/edwho013.jpg

Mike and Jeff Chicago II Picture by Clint

Just in case you weren’t aware: after you open the links (picture) move the curser to the lower right corner of the picture and a ‘Button’ to enlarge the photo will appear. Use this if you’d like to see a larger image, click again to go back.

A special Thank You to “mozman88” for hosting.
    ~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• drollydrolly Posts: 41
    Part one: setlist...
    Setlist was good, not the best i've ever seen personally. Only one YIELD song, I had hoped for more. More of the Ten album than I expected. Rockin' in the Free World...well...rocked (It was the best I've ever heard it, in person or on bootleg). Lukin is always a treat. It works well after Inside Job, I hope that combo becomes a regular thing. The 1/2 Full guitar-light-thing was cool, I've heard of it, but never seen it personally. Wasted Reprise really worked live, I didn't think it would out of the studio. But most of all, THEY PLAYED CROWN OF THORNS!!!!!! They've only played it seven times. If I had missed the rest of the show, that alone made the trip from St. Louis worthwhile.

Part two: band...
    Everyone seemed really on the ball, except Ed. Not that he was bad, just not spectacular. He had an average night, and the rest of the band had an incredible night.

Part three: crowd...
    Let me preface this by saying that my last show, Vote For Change In St. Louis, was the best night of my life. We (the crowd) were so intense that I remember thinking that the poor old Fox Theatre wouldn't be standing after the show. So when I say the crowd in Chicago seemed kind of flat, I may have set my standards a little too high. This was an arena show, after all. But I think we could have shown a little more love...

Sorry for my negativity, but this is my honest opinion of what was still a really good show. B+, if I had to give it a grade. But...FUCK IT! THEY PLAYED CROWN OF THORNS!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!! THINKING OF IT A WEEK LATER STILL GIVES ME CHILLS!!!! I guess I'll shut up now................

Agree. Granted, wasn't there for the St. Louis show, but I've definitely seen crowds more into a show. But, I'm guessing that was due to more than a few "obscure" songs being played. While that reason alone may not account for it, a lot of those obscure songs are slower and harder to "get into".

I disagree with the person who said this was better than Alpine '03. Personally, that was the best PJ show I've ever been to. Just because they played some rarer songs in this show doesn't make it a better show, IMO. The crowd was insane (at least under the canopy) for that Alpine show and this show lacked that energy.

The guitar/light beam was awesome to witness live. Already mentioned, but some problems with the mic during Last Kiss, plus Ed was a bit off due to being so far away (used to have the same problem at UW football games..speakers are on the opposite side of the student section so if you happen to be near the speakers, student section always seems off). Might have had something to do with the echo in the building too, which got a little annoying during the show).

10c member 261XXX, seats were Sec 112. Don't remember the exact row and seats, but I want to say row 11, it was right next to the entrance. And not to rip on anybody, but I've been lurking and reading on here how PJ fans are the friendliest people, etc etc. but the guys next to me must not have gotten that memo.
    I always finish what I sta
  • faithfull79faithfull79 Posts: 24
    drolly wrote:
    Agree. Granted, wasn't there for the St. Louis show, but I've definitely seen crowds more into a show. But, I'm guessing that was due to more than a few "obscure" songs being played. While that reason alone may not account for it, a lot of those obscure songs are slower and harder to "get into".

I disagree with the person who said this was better than Alpine '03. Personally, that was the best PJ show I've ever been to. Just because they played some rarer songs in this show doesn't make it a better show, IMO. The crowd was insane (at least under the canopy) for that Alpine show and this show lacked that energy.

The guitar/light beam was awesome to witness live. Already mentioned, but some problems with the mic during Last Kiss, plus Ed was a bit off due to being so far away (used to have the same problem at UW football games..speakers are on the opposite side of the student section so if you happen to be near the speakers, student section always seems off). Might have had something to do with the echo in the building too, which got a little annoying during the show).

10c member 261XXX, seats were Sec 112. Don't remember the exact row and seats, but I want to say row 11, it was right next to the entrance. And not to rip on anybody, but I've been lurking and reading on here how PJ fans are the friendliest people, etc etc. but the guys next to me must not have gotten that memo.

Alpine '03? Could you be a little more specific? I would love to get a bootleg of that show, if it's as good as you say, but I have no idea of where Alpine is. An approximate date of the show and the city/state would be greatly appreciated.
    ...so i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream, where i'm not ugly and you're looking at me...
  • NutmegNutmeg Posts: 6
    Alpine '03? Could you be a little more specific? I would love to get a bootleg of that show, if it's as good as you say, but I have no idea of where Alpine is. An approximate date of the show and the city/state would be greatly appreciated.

It's Alpine Valley in East Troy, Wisconsin. That show was amazing: East Troy, June 21, 2003. Alpine is just a really great place to see a show and the crowd is always really into it...even in October (the Ice Bowl)!
    Go Sox...White Sox, that is.
  • faithfull79faithfull79 Posts: 24
    Nutmeg wrote:
    It's Alpine Valley in East Troy, Wisconsin. That show was amazing: East Troy, June 21, 2003. Alpine is just a really great place to see a show and the crowd is always really into it...even in October (the Ice Bowl)!

Awesome! Thanks a million.
    ...so i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream, where i'm not ugly and you're looking at me...
    Awesome! Thanks a million.

No problem. I think everyone should hear how great that show was...one of my favorites too. I have the bootleg on cd if you want me to burn a copy for you and send it out, (I bought a new computer and ended up erasing all my MP3's). Just let me know.
    Nutmeg wrote:

Just dont get tickets in the Lawn!
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • drollydrolly Posts: 41
    krobbinz wrote:
    Just dont get tickets in the Lawn!

Ha, the Ice Bowl was the last time I had lawn "seats" for a show. It's bad enough standing on an incline for 4 hours, but then you mix in near freezing temps, wow!
    I always finish what I sta
    drolly wrote:
    Ha, the Ice Bowl was the last time I had lawn "seats" for a show. It's bad enough standing on an incline for 4 hours, but then you mix in near freezing temps, wow!

That was the last of the lawn shows for me as well! Plus, I was with a friend who wasn't very excited about the show, but I went to the St. Louis show next and ended up with awesome seats.
  • dadowdstadadowdsta Posts: 15
    I'd have to say that seeing them in Council Bluffs, Iowa 2003 was a little better.......Like someone else said that the echo was kinda annoying at the United Center. I thought so as well. But still just witnessing Pearl Jam play is quite an accomplishment!
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    some more pics of the Chicago shows. There are a lot more pics on my photobucket page along with these. but some good 05 tour pics too.
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c269/dustinpardue/
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • mjohnson68mjohnson68 Posts: 57
    some more pics of the Chicago shows. There are a lot more pics on my photobucket page along with these. but some good 05 tour pics too.
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c269/dustinpardue/

You must have been right next to me on the second night. I was in section 107 row F. It was pretty cool when Ed came back there to sing Last Kiss (even though it sounded horrible).
  • boxerorabagboxerorabag Posts: 47
    I've only been to two shows..this and soldier field..way back.

Seems like I picked two really good shows.

Loved the sets.

Was half expecting them to open with hail,hail though since it hailed quarter sized stones on us in the parking lot as we were waiting for the doors to open.

Wouldn't that be the worst way to go..to be killed in the parking lot BEFORE the show.

see you at summerfest
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I escaped it...a life wasted...and I'm never going back again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    ~

http://www.jeffzika.net/photos/pearljam/Ed-Jumps-CHI-c.jpg

Ed & Matt Photograph by Clint

http://www.jeffzika.net/photos/pearljam/Ed-Looks-over-Drums-C-MC-w.jpg

Ed & Matt Color - Photograph by Clint

http://www.jeffzika.net/photos/pearljam/Ed-Looks-over-Drums-BW-MC-w.jpg

Ed & Matt Black and White - Photograph by Clint

Thanks for your hard work processing and providing links FreemdomLover, edwho

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• i thought the show was pretty good, but last kiss kills a show for me so quickly especially when it was so out of sync.
    don't sweat the petty things
    pet the sweaty things
  • just an awesome concert, Last kiss did not ruin it at all, made it better infact. This concert was byfar better than the concerts i went to in 98 and 03, Alive and Rockin' in the freeworld were just amazing with the crowd eckoing through the whole place.

Best concert i have ever been to.
    06/29/98
    06/18/03
    05/17/06
    07/03/06
    8/21/08 - Ed Solo
    08/23/09
    The way everything went that day, there is not much that could kill such a legendary show.

Last Kiss, even with its technical problems could not rain it out. It was such a great show, one that I will be talking about for years on end!

Thanks everyone
  • pearljamspearljams Posts: 3
    Dudes, that show was cool but tuesday nights show was the shit. They played everything I wanted to hear on tuesday. This was my first time seeing pearl jam and to be honest I was a little dissapointed. Not that wed night didn't have any good songs, cause it did. However, tuesday night was far better for seeing pj for the first time. It was "weak wednesday" for me.
    "Feelin cocky and strong"

"Tell the captain the boats not safe, we're drowning......turns out, he's the one makin' waves"
    pearljams wrote:
    Dudes, that show was cool but tuesday nights show was the shit. They played everything I wanted to hear on tuesday. This was my first time seeing pearl jam and to be honest I was a little dissapointed. Not that wed night didn't have any good songs, cause it did. However, tuesday night was far better for seeing pj for the first time. It was "weak wednesday" for me.

It was probably weak because it was your first show, my cousin came with me to night II and he wasnt overly impressed with it due to the fact he didnt know very many of the songs that were played and he has been listening to Pearl Jam as long as I had.
  • SmallTownSmallTown Posts: 152
    pearljams wrote:

They played Crown of Thorns on Wednesday...you lose. And reverse Mamasan...sorry, you definately lose.
    10-08-00 Ice Bowl
    06-21-03 Alpine
    09-09-05 Thunder Bay
    05-17-06 Chicago
    06-26-06 St. Paul
    07-22-06 The Gorge
    07-23-06 The Gorge
    05-07-10 Noblesville
    09-03-11 PJ20
    09-04-11 PJ20
    09-21-12 Pensicola
    09-22-12 Atlanta
    SmallTown wrote:
    They played Crown of Thorns on Wednesday...you lose. And reverse Mamasan...sorry, you definately lose.

thats what i was thinking...

Originally Posted by pearljams
    Dudes, that show was cool but tuesday nights show was the shit. They played everything I wanted to hear on tuesday. This was my first time seeing pearl jam and to be honest I was a little dissapointed. Not that wed night didn't have any good songs, cause it did. However, tuesday night was far better for seeing pj for the first time. It was "weak wednesday" for me

not to say your less of a fan or anything, but if you knew what you were "buying" you would have been able to enjoy it a lot more..i know that there are thousands out there that would have given anything to be there
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    So I have a question for those who were there. What the FUCK does Mike do after Gone that makes the crowd go nuts? Then Ed is like "Goddamn. Are you telling me it's that easy?" And then he does it too and the crowd goes more nuts. WHAT do they do?
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
    strilo wrote:
    So I have a question for those who were there. What the FUCK does Mike do after Gone that makes the crowd go nuts? Then Ed is like "Goddamn. Are you telling me it's that easy?" And then he does it too and the crowd goes more nuts. WHAT do they do?

He raises his hands in the air and the section near him goes nuts!

Pretty funny
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    That's it? It's not about slaving away day in and day out trying to find just the right chord changes and the perfect words? All you have to do is... //raises hands//
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23