***Chicago II Fanviews 5/17 Here ***

thefireiscookingthefireiscooking Posts: 10
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

My Morning Jacket set list: At Dawn, Dondante, Off the Record, One Big Holiday, O Is The One That Is Real, Wordless Chorus, Anytime

Pearl Jam set list: Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Animal, Marker In The Sand, Do The Evolution, Whipping, 1/2 Full, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Gone, Insignificance, Better Man, Save it for Later, Down, Garden, Inside Job, Lukin, Why Go

1st encore: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Footsteps, Once, Alive

2nd encore: Last Kiss, Last Exit, Glorified G, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Crown Of Thorns, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Set list source tenclub.net and mymorningjacket.com.

~
bernadine holland
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• efrotenefroten Posts: 67
    Killed last nights show. KILLED IT. Cut its balls off, shoved them down its throat, and then killed it.

Wow. Thats it for now. I need sleep.
  • wow. i'm kind of pissed that i couldn't make it to this show tonight. i'm not going to knock last night's show because it was awesome and it was my first show so i was glad they played all their "hits". but holy shit.....this setlist is pretty amazing
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 725
    ~
    What’s a Fanview?

A Fanview is an exclusive Message Pit thread for fans that attend a concert and want to share their experience with fans that could not.

Does a Fanview need to be certain length?

No, your Fanview can be one word “AWESOME,” a few lines or a short story.

What if I’m not a great speller or the best at grammar?

Don’t worry about this, do the best you can. The Grammar Police take a holiday for these types of threads. Trust me, I speak from experience.

I have a couple incredibly interesting comments on the show -- but I wasn’t there -- should I go ahead and post them here anyway?

No, this thread is reserved for the lucky fans that attend the concert.

I need to ask a question about the concert -- but I wasn’t there. Should I ask it here?

No, I’m trying for pure Fanviews from the fans who attend the concert.

Are you a Ten Club member? Consider posting your member number and seat location with your Fanview.

A Fanview can include but is not limited to such things as your description of Pearl Jams set, the opening bands set, what it took or how you got to the show, how was the pre-party, what did you do after the show, how did you feel?
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    efroten wrote:
    Killed last nights show. KILLED IT. Cut its balls off, shoved them down its throat, and then killed it.

Wow. Thats it for now. I need sleep.

I agree BIG TIME!!!! This was a show for die hards!!!!!!!!!! This would have been DVD material if "Last Kiss" didn't have a echo but the fans helped Ed out. This might be the best set-list for this tour. I will post pictures tomorrow, buy this CD it is worth it........I am in shock........
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    The new songs are fucking GREAT live (not that the CD sucks). See you guy's at SummerFest.........
  • clk019clk019 Posts: 88
    For what's its worth, seen them seven times - but tonight takes the cake. Pearl Jam hit the gas pedal tonight and kept truckin. Mike's solos were insane...face melting, dervish whirling - wow.

The new stuff tonight is great live - marker....gone, inside job....

When Ed says this is about as far back as we go...footsteps. Then as soon as once came along, I think everyone knew what was next

I have no words now....too much to digest..

A robust show..It was a robust show.
    So held by these thoughts
    They refuse to slip away
    Hangman in dreamland
    About to call your name
    Much to be done
    Much to be

07/26/98, 10/08/00, 06/21/03, 09/09/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 05/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

• MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    I'd ike to post everyone's fanview on my site... just PM if its ok and it will be up within 24hrs... usually its right away, thanks!

Looks like I am going to have a video of comatose night 1 here momentarily... anyways check out my site and let me know if you want to contribute...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • ~

Set List: Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Animal, Marker In The Sand, Do The Evolution, Whipping, 1/2 Full, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Gone, Insignificance, Better Man, Save it for Later, Down, Garden, Inside Job, Lukin, Why Go

Encore 1 Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Footsteps, Once, Alive

Encore 2 Last Kiss, Last Exit, Glorified G, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Crown Of Thorns, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance

~

I'm really happy that aside from the new album's staples (WWS, Life Wasted, Severed Hand) the guys played the OTHER songs from it they didn't play last night. Gone was DISGUSTINGLY good and I have a completely new appreciation for it. Mamasan Triology - godDAMN sweet (Footsteps WITH harmonica). Glorified G - unexpected delight. Inside Job was SO intense. Insignificance - finally a Binaural song and they were just dead on. Coulda done without Last Kiss but at least Ed spruced it up by singing it at the soundboard (though did you notice some of the lyrics were a touch behind the music? It would be tough to hear it right on time from that distance). All in all, in my top 3 shows EVER. Such a warm crowd, such a gorgeous set. Rock.
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Show was awesome! Even better than Alpine '03 (although that show was a whole day of fun).

I'm craving for next tour already!
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Wow. I can't really explain how fucking awesome this show was. It definitely blew last night away, and last night was fucking nuts. The crowd was really into it and actually drowned out eddie on a couple songs. This is a boot that's definitely worth buying.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • I am in awe! My second show and this one was awesome! Glad I could be apart of it!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • releaselaurenreleaselauren Posts: 384
    I wasn't planning on going to the show tonight but after last night, I decided that I must return tonight. Thanks to a supporting husband who stayed home to watch the kids, my sister and I were able to go back and immensely enjoy ourselves.

Last night was wonderful but I am beyond estastic that I went tonight. I've heard a lot of songs that I wanted to hear live and I really I wanted to hear "Insignifance".....and it happened....and I am beyond happy! A harder "Garden" was a treat, "Animal" rocked, "Lukin"!!!!, "Whipping"!, "Down"....."Crown of Thorns"! the new songs that I heard tonight "Gone" "Marker in the Sand" and "Inside Job" had me in awe.....

...I can't say anything else because I have the past two nights replaying in my head and I am practically rendered speechless.

great wonderful fantastic marvelous evening!
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • yeah, both of these shows were great...well worth the 12 hour drive...I hope they are not the only ones I get to see this tour.
    PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH...at least Atlanta/Nashville!
    “The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson
  • worldworld Posts: 266
    That was the best show Ive ever seen. The first night was awesome, but tonight had that special untangilbe that was just increadible.

best. . . show. . . ever. . .
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    my best show yet! EUROPE HERE I COME!
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • roninhackroninhack Posts: 5
    yes awesome show

10c # 287xxx
    section 5 row 1 right in the middle of the floor.

completely different set than last night some core basics but awesome none the less.
    Footsteps Crown of thorns, GARDEN... wow

more later.
    "So It's ok, do you want some more, I said YEAH
    You'll see Dragons after 3 or 4, I said YEAHHHHH"

Alpine 6/26/98 & 6/21/03 UnitedCenter 5/16/06 & 5/17/06 Grand Rapids *5/19/06 Milwaukee Summerfest *6/29/06 & *6/30/06
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,416
    four or five virgins ..............and a pelican.......

holy fuckballs...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuadrupleDekeQuadrupleDeke Posts: 168
    footsteps ---> once ---> alive

but, but... its backwards !!! :(
    7/1/03 ... 9/28/04 ... 5/30/06 ... 6/3/06 ... 6/30/08 ... 8/2/08 (ev solo) ... 10/30/09 ... 10/31/09 ... 5/17/10 ... 5/21/10 ... 3/27/11 (tres mts) ... 6/16/11 (ev solo) ... 10/19/13 ... 8/5/16 ... 8/7/16 ... 9/2/18 ... 9/4/18 ... 9/15/24 ... 9/17/24
  • blueredgrayblueredgray Posts: 25
    I'm really happy that aside from the new album's staples (WWS, Life Wasted, Severed Hand) the guys played the OTHER songs from it they didn't play last night. Gone was DISGUSTINGLY good and I have a completely new appreciation for it. Mamasan Triology - godDAMN sweet (Footsteps WITH harmonica). Glorified G - unexpected delight. Inside Job was SO intense. Insignificance - finally a Binaural song and they were just dead on. Coulda done without Last Kiss but at least Ed spruced it up by singing it at the soundboard (though did you notice some of the lyrics were a touch behind the music? It would be tough to hear it right on time from that distance). All in all, in my top 3 shows EVER. Such a warm crowd, such a gorgeous set. Rock.

I agree with everything you said. The set just had a great flow, too. I'd just add that I also loved Animal, Whipping, Down, Garden, Why Go, and Last Exit even though I'd heard some of them numerous times. And we got a good, silly little speech on Democracy from Ed right before YL that he saved by saying, "I should just shut the fuck up and have another drink."
    2003 - Champaign (first show), Chicago, Uniondale, MSG II, State College, Alpine Valley; 2004 - Toledo, Grand Rapids; 2005 - Kitchener, London.
  • thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    this was my first pearl jam show, and it was incredible ... especially the encores, freaking amazing
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • roninhackroninhack Posts: 5
    was it just me or did it seem like mike was just hurling picks all over the place??
    "So It's ok, do you want some more, I said YEAH
    You'll see Dragons after 3 or 4, I said YEAHHHHH"

Alpine 6/26/98 & 6/21/03 UnitedCenter 5/16/06 & 5/17/06 Grand Rapids *5/19/06 Milwaukee Summerfest *6/29/06 & *6/30/06
  • CocacolakidCocacolakid Posts: 14
    Tonight's show was very tight, the band sounded better than night 1, and the setlist was fantastic! I thought night 1 was a really good performance but kind of lacked something special. Tonight had Special dripping all over it...

Some of the memorable moments...the couple who were in front of me for night one were again two rows in front of me for night two, in section 1, seats 1 and 2. They were married last weekend and the bride walked down the aisle to Lowlight, which was played last night and the couple were still pumped up that it was played in Chicago.

Mike was extremly tight on Evenflow, one of his best performances I've ever heard in person. He made up for last night when he seemed to have some tech problems during that song. As he was ending his blistering guitar work on Evenflow, Ed stood center stage, looked over at the crowd, and back at Mike and put out a hand like, "can you believe this guy?" The crowd went nuts. Mike really had everyone eating out of his hands tonight, including myself. Yesterday we sat centerstage in row 4, tonight we were row 3, far left, near Mike and you see such a different show from different seats. Mike dominated our side. I've never seen someone appear to get high off music as much as Mike does, and he does it consistently. It's a real joy to watch him.

Eddie bantered with the crowd a couple of times about where people were from, and he named off several Chicago area towns, Rockton, Schaumburg, Naperville, etc. The crowd seemed to half-assed boo some of the towns, to Eddie's chagrin. Eddie said something like, "what, you don't like some of these towns? You hate these towns? What towns do you like?" And the crowd screamed out wherever they were from. Before the next song started, Eddie added, "Park Forest?" Which brought more boo's. Then they played a song and Eddie ran over to Matt as it finished, asked him something, and came back to the mic. He said, "Matt, as you know, was also in...also...foremost in Soundgarden. And the guitar player in Soundgarden, KIM THAYIL, is from Park Forest, so there!" Which elicited laughter.

The real highlite was so many b-sides and songs they haven't played very often the last few tours...Save it for Later by itself, not as a tag, Down, Lukin, Why Go, Man of the Hour, Footsteps (as part of the reverse mamasan trilogy), Crown of Thorns.

For the second encore, as the rest of the band took the stage, we could hear Eddie's voice talking but he wasn't on the stage. Then the band started Last Kiss and the spotlights came on to show Eddie way in the back of the stadium. His microphone kept cutting out, but it was very cool and made me think of The Rolling Stones Bridges to Babylon tour, or some of the U2 tours where they went out into the audience to sing. A very unexpected surprise.

Earlier in the show Eddie was singing, not sure which song, and he strapped on a guitar he didn't play all night, it was a dark brown. Then he set it on his head, like he was going to play like Mike, but used it to reflect a spotlight that beamed down on him out into the crowd. This was really cool - he pointed the guitar as he sang and covered all three decks of the stadium, one at a time, with light, moving the light beam over every section of the crowd. He never played the guitar during the song, he just played with it. It was like a giant spotlight. Another surprise by the boys!

Another lyric change tonight...during Glorified G, Eddie changed the lyrics from...

"Got a gun, 'fact I got two,
    That's ok man, 'cause I love guns!"

to

"Got a gun, 'fact I got two,
    That's ok man, 'cause I'm the vice president"

Eddie also made a very small political speech near the end, either before Rocking in the Free World or Yellow Ledbetter, about how we live in a democracy, "actually we do not have a democracy, we live in a country that is trying to have a democracy," which got a round of applause by some people but other's were suspiciously quiet, like suddenly some people were on edge. Eddie sensed this because he cut it short, and said that people need to participate for it to be a democracy, and then said, "I'll shut the fuck up now and play some songs" and the crowd cheered. It was a little surprising to me that there was such a raw nerve hit by any mention of politics when there are several very political songs on this album, which the crowd went nuts for earlier. Before tonight I thought it might be safe for them to bring Bushleager back out sometime, given how the political climate has changed in three years and Bush's approval ratings are so low. But I think the reaction to that mini-speech showed that's not true. I'm curious to hear this on the bootleg, although you won't pick up the sudden feeling of nervousness I felt in the crowd. It was an odd moment, I'm glad it only lasted a few seconds.

Eddie was again in a very giving mood during the final two songs. He must have thrown out at least 6 tamborines, maybe more. He also smashed two of them up during Rockin' in the Free World.

A buddy and I commented on how a casual fan might have been slightly disappointed in the setlist - no jeremy, no daughter, etc. But for anyone who saw both nights, or a die hard fan, the setlist and the peformance were both fantastic. A great change and one of the best Pearl Jam concerts I've ever seen.
    One man, with a dream at leisure
    Can go out to conquer a crown,
    But three, with a new song's measure
    Can crumble an Empire down.

From "Ode" by Arthur O'Shaunessy (d. 1889)
  • Pearl Jam 5/17/06
    by TruantOranje

After Chicago I, there is no way Chicago II could possibly be better. That was my sentiment for exactly 24 hours. That sentiment has since expired. Tonight's show at the United Center was beyond devastating. It was beyond any previous musical experience.

I arrived behind schedule due to unforseen traffic issues and missed My Morning Jacket much to my chagrin; they'd impressed me the night before. I grabbed my tickets from the fan club booth and headed inside. After swallowing a $7 beer and listening to the closing of MMJ from the lobby, I waited for the house lights to come on and then made my way to the floor. I watched the techs line check the equipment and made small talk with the folks nearby. My wife was worried that at 5'2" she wouldn't be able to see from the floor, so she wore boots with 4 inch heals, which I found unsettling as she was able to look me in the chin rather than the chest. But this small adjustment and all small talk evaporated as Master/Slave clanked out of the stage speakers and the house lights first dimmed, then darkened. The crowd, no longer 15,000 separate voices, became one crushing cheer. And then Master/Slave flawlessly slid into the back-masked guitar intro of Severed Hand and the night was on.

No matter how often I see it, it still pinches my flesh into goosebumps to see those five shadow-figures step onstage. The crowd exploded into uproar as the band launched into Severed Hand full-throttle. After World Wide Suicide and Life Wasted (staple live songs from the new record and all performed the night before, but no less powerful mind you) came Animal - to keep the blood flowing - followed by an intense Marker in the Sand that threatened to blow the roof off the place. The band kept the tempo quick with Evolution (crowd SCREAMING "It's Evolution Babeeeeey!") and a blistering Whipping(!!!) before steaming into 1/2 Full. Ed brought out a Fender Telecaster polished to a mirror-shine which he raised overhead and used to reflect one of the stage halogens into a makeshift spotlight he then played over the crowd. No section went untouched by this stunning brilliance. I'm still seeing spots from it. It was like a lighthouse shooting rays over an ocean in search of lost ships. "Won't someone save...won't someone save...the world?" Outstanding.

The guys kept us safe with I Am Mine before Mike KILLED the solo in Even Flow - perhaps the finest I've heard it yet. Gone was a revelation and gave me a renewed appreciation for its brilliance. People jigged and bounced all over to the chorus. Insignificance was utterly astounding and came after a brief aside from Ed who called out the names of several Chicago suburbs (garnering mass response from the locals) and saying it was all right to have pride for one's hometown.

Save it for Later was actually separate from Better Man - it's own entity, like a parasite detached from its host. We were treated to Down in which Mike was all over the stage, grinning and playing to the crowd. Garden was rocked harder than it ever was before (especially fun to watch Stone and Jeff singing backup, as in the days of old). Inside Job was overshot with green lasers that served to intensify the experience of its beauty. Boom nailed the piano arrangements. I think my heart stopped once or twice during this.

What better way to follow up Inside Job than with Lukin? And of course what's a more apt main set closer than Why Go?

Something to keep in mind: the crowd did not quiet after Ed's final "Why?!" It just kept chanting/squealing/whistling/shrieking. It was something living.

The first encore started out with slower numbers, perhaps required after all the blood-pumping heat of the main set: Man of the Hour followed a chiming Wasted Reprise performed by Ed and Boom. Then one of the night's finest gems was unearthed: the Mamasan Triology. Yes, that's right. Footsteps (with Ed on harmonica), into Once, into Alive. Wow. Wow. One more. Wow.

Encore two began with two lasts - one a kiss and one an exit. The first was an experiment. When the band reemerged from the break, it was evident Ed was not among them, though his voice was speaking to the crowd as if from heaven. It finally took two spotlights to pick him out at the soundboard near the back of the floor at which time the band broke into Last Kiss. Ed had some microphone trouble (or it could be that in the vastness of the room, there was a delay in what was being played onstage and what he was hearing in his position), but the lyrics were a bit delayed at times. No matter - Ed let the crowd sing most of the song for him. Afterward, he was rushed back to the stage where Matt busted the intro to Last Exit wide open and Stone, Jeff, and Mike followed suit.

Glorified G. That's all I have to say about that. Just Glorified G.

Elderly Woman was gorgeous with the crowd singing "HELLLLOOOOOO" at full volume with arms upraised; it was enough to make your eyes water. Two covers came next, back to back. The first was Crown of Thorns, after Ed spoke a short diatribe about how it was reserved for special occasions. It was nothing short of jaw-dropping. A solid Rockin in the Free World and Yellow Ledbetter closed the night out with a shattering crescendo from the crowd before the mass exodus.

Chicago I was special in its own way, like a kid who tries hard to imitate his big brother but just misses the grade. As of this writing, I am spent to the point of exhaustion from the sheer exhiliration of a top-shelf performance. My wife had to drive me home as I was too wired to sit and steer. Thank you, gentlemen, for an overwhelming evening. See you in Milwaukee.
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~
  • awesome thread
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Lost doggies, yeah!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited for Boston.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • dthomasdthomas Posts: 99
    sorry to repost this but here's mine with pics
    http://www.deadlinepublishing.com

my personal blog. I don't make money on it but spent a lot of time on the post so please take a look.
    30+ Shows over 15 years
    http://www.fightingthesuburbs.com
  • pjdeadheadpjdeadhead Posts: 71
    Holy Cow!! Last night was one of those special nights! This was my 23rd show and it is right up near the top of the list for so many reasons. For those of you not there, buy this boot!!! Our seats where great. First row of 115 just a few feet to the right of the madman himself, Mr McCready! The new stuff just rocks! Animal was great! Marker was so good, that song touches a nerve on me! 1/2 Full was a very pleasant surprise, and so good! Ed's guitar/spotlight trick was cool! I remember him doing something like that in St Louis back in '03. I Am Mine was very good too. Even Flow, well it was Even Flow, off to the bathroom, back in time for the solo! Gone and Inside Job were surreal. Inside Job, WOW! So good! Down was another surprise, and very well received. Garden rocked hard. I think Matt cost us an extra song. Did anybody else hear Ed start into Corduroy after Lukin?? Matt started the drums to Why Go, and Ed looked up, shrugged and handed off his guitar. The first encore was great, Man of the Hour is such a beautiful song. I could have done without the guy behind me who decided to talk through the entire song! Just because you don't know the song, don't ruin it for does of us who do! Then it happened!! After waiting 22 shows and 14 years, they finally gave me Footsteps!!! I scared the crap out of my buddy standing next to me with my reaction! That was a very special moment, I will never forget. Then into Once and Alive, are you kidding me?? I knew the 2nd encore would be something special after that! Last Kiss, ok. Last Exit, smoked! Glorified G, F'n A!! Crown of Thorns!!!!!! Holy shit! Tears in my eyes for the second time of the night! RITFW brought the house down, and Yellow Ledbetter capped off a great 2 night stand! Tuesday was an intense romp through the standards. Last night was for the freaks!! See you boys at Summerfest!
    3/28/92 3/10/94 3/14/94 7/8/95 7/9/95
    7/11/95 6/26/98 6/27/98 6/29/98 6/30/98
    7/2/98 8/18/00 10/8/00 (coldest show ever!!)
    10/9/00 4/21/03 4/22/03 4/23/03 4/25/03
    6/18/03 6/21/03 6/22/03 5/16/06 5/17/06
    On the horizon....
    6/29/06 6/30/06
  • sparky1231sparky1231 Posts: 19
    Just a side note...The mirror/light stunt during 1/2 full is nothing new...They did that in the 03' many times I believe...Philly-Spectrum was one of those shows....It is sweet when he does it though
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Wow you guys got a great show..lucky bastards.oh well come on summerfest.
  • clk019clk019 Posts: 88
    sparky1231 wrote:
    Just a side note...The mirror/light stunt during 1/2 full is nothing new...They did that in the 03' many times I believe...Philly-Spectrum was one of those shows....It is sweet when he does it though

Just the imagery of it...won't someone please save the world and the spotlight is shining on him and yeah Eddie please save us nonsense that little kids are made of and then no, it's all of you that have to make change and he points that out during a wicked jam....great stuff. The whole night was like this little boy coming home and showing his hometown...hey - here I am. I did this...you can too. great stuff.
    So held by these thoughts
    They refuse to slip away
    Hangman in dreamland
    About to call your name
    Much to be done
    Much to be

07/26/98, 10/08/00, 06/21/03, 09/09/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 05/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.