***Chicago II Fanviews 5/17 Here ***

Comments

• inmytree29inmytree29 Posts: 77
    Teb Club: 305xxx
    Seats: Sec. 5 Row 4

This show definatly compares to Grand Rapids '04 as one of the greatest shows I have ever witnessed. It started off just like last night's show with very similiar song selections. However, as the night went on, the show grew stronger and stronger.

Song highlights: Glorified G, Inside Job, 1/2 Full, Why Go, Once,
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

6/13/99 ;6/18/03 ;6/21/03 ;10/02/04 ;10/03/04; 9/12/05 ;5/16/06 ;5/17/06 ;5/19/06 ;5/20/06; 6/24/06 ;6/30/06; 8/21/08; 8/22/08
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    four or five virgins ..............and a pelican.......

holy fuckballs...............

Damn you ;)

Since I read this post all I've done is sing "four or five virgins and a pelican"...
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    CaterinaA wrote:
    Damn you ;)

Since I read this post all I've done is sing "four or five virgins and a pelican"...

I had to sing it once during the show. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Section 122 seat 3 and 4...awesome seats...these were the equivalent of the 14th and 15th row on stone side....i was kinda scared that i wouldn't have the greatest seats but tenclub takes care of me once again. awesome awesome show!

oh yeah, my number is 218xxx...

i saw garden live...my life is complete.
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    sparky1231 wrote:
    Just a side note...The mirror/light stunt during 1/2 full is nothing new...They did that in the 03' many times I believe...Philly-Spectrum was one of those shows....It is sweet when he does it though

Was that the first time he did it with his guitar though? I haven't heard of him doing that. Before, it was just a mirror.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    sec 113
    row 3, 9 and 10

Holy crap!! I can't even begin to put into words what I amstill recovering from!! Two nights of the greatest band in the world topped off with the most amazing show I have ever had the priveldge of witnessing. The best parts had to be the Footsteps-Once-Alive mini-opera that has only been odone once in the history of the band, along with Ed singing Last Kiss from the sound board, and then to top it all off my favorite PJ song, 1/2 Rull and without a mirror he improvises and uses the guitar!! I can't belive I get to go to 3 more shows!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    ok well I dont even know how to begin. I, like others around here, consider myself a pearl jam nutcase. I have every live show in exsistence (almost), about 20 posters, my ipod nano has nothing but pj on it, etc etc. This was a show for the die hards. I was praying for breath or crown of thorns and wow it happened. Footsteps, once, alive. wow. This show speaks for itself. it really was amazing. My 2 biggest points of the show...... After hearing tons of versions of Evenflow and Alive, I honestly would say this is one of the best versions of these songs I ever heard. maybe i am bias cuz i was there, but get the boot and listen. Mike blew away the solo at evenflow and the crowd was so into Alive during the "yea!" chants it was beautiful.

new songs rocked. Severed hand is so fucking good live. marker in the sand is one of my favs and sounded awsome.

Save it for later was alot more then a tag this time. it was almost like a full seperate version and it was great. i hope that makes the boot.

one of the funny moments was before and after small town. eddie was callin out a bunch of suburbs and got boos. not at eddie but at the town he mentioned. after the song eddie said hey I have another one for you...park forest...which got boos and eddie started laughing and said come on what the fuck is wrong with park forest. he mentioned it cuz the guitar player from matt's soundgarden was from there. anyway, crowd and the band got a kick out of that.

Eddie singing on the other side of the stadium was really cool during last kiss, must have been a huge treat for the people on the floor. the whole show you cant see shit and then eddie is basically standing next to you singing an encore song.

after watching and listening to so many boots of garden and why go, it is so great to finally sing along with them in the present day. and garden is slightly different but not really, it is still one of their best songs ever.

This show was a classic. BUY the boot and listen for yourself. see you in cincy and philly!!!!!

~[/quote]
  • member # 164xxx; section 2, row 19. dead center.
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~
  • Truth MachineTruth Machine Posts: 113
    Show was great as usual. My favorite part was the jackass that tried to run down the aisle in section two during Rockin' only to be ejected from the building when all he had to do was listen and return to his seat. Serves all of the morons that try that shit right. Another thing, the people that think it's cool to sneak friends into a different row without repercussions have another thing coming.
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • My thoughts:

PJ flat out rocked. Couldn't have asked for a better set list. The new songs bring a fresh energy and and absolutely rock live. The vibe in the room was amazing. Mike McCready is a god. Jeff and Stone playing face to face during "Crown of Thorns" made me weep. "Alive" was un-effin-believable. I thought they were going to break into "Outshined" or some other Soundgarden song during the suburbs/Park Forest chat. Mike McCready is a god. Drunk Eddie is fun. Great, great show. "Insignificant", "Garden", "Footsteps", "Save it for Later" - if you are only going to buy 1 bootleg, buy this 1. This is the show I will forever compare future show to. It was that good.
  • Best show of my life!!!!!!!
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/08/00 East Troy, 10/09/00 Chicago, 6/6/03 Las Vegas, 6/15/03 Fargo, 6/16/03 St. Paul, 9/9/05 Thunder Bay, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/26/06 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • clk019clk019 Posts: 88
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3252408#post3252408

And being satisfied and estatic after the first night, what came on Night 2 was nothing but icing. Got to the UC about 3:30 p.m. Checked in Morettis where the day before I had met a lot of cool people. Walked back over and got our tickets – Sec. 101. – nice seats.

We hung out in the parking lot and the attendants let a lot of us just hang out. To the guy who got his car hit by the football…sorry about that again. It was a high toss but I have hops. Just wasn’t ready.

Then the clouds rolled by and hail was what we had. A blasted hail storm..so we took to the car and got out in the rain. Anyway to make a long story short…ups and downs in the weather department but the vibe was straight chill the whole way.

So the show.

They hit the gas with Severed Hand and shifted with World Wide Suicide. When it hit Animal I was like woah just cause that’s a lot of racing. Then Marker (great live song), Evolution and how can you keep going – Whipping of course which I hadn’t heard live in person since 2000 and I was ready for it again.

Then ½ Full – a very underrated song I must say. And the mirrored effect. Just the imagery of it (this is what a light show gives you)... “Won't someone please save the world” as the spotlight is shining on Eddie. And all the media-driven “Yeah, Eddie please save us” nonsense that little kids are made of and then no -- It's all of you that have to make change and do something and he points that out during a wicked jam....great stuff.

The whole night was like this little boy coming home and showing his hometown...hey - here I am. I did this...you can too. Great stuff. Eddie’s stage presence was that off elder rock statesman. How many bands have come and gone in the past 16 years. How many one- two-, or three-hit/album wonders have been peddled to us and here they are still kicking.

Night 2 was the thing DVDs are made off. The band’s energy was incredible.

And as good as McCredy’s Evenflow solo was the night before, the second night it was nonsense. No one should pull that much out of a guitar. five, 10 minutes I don't know. It felt like it went on for 10 minutes – incredible….. Like in dazed and confused…. “Mike McCredy did a 45 minute guitar solo. 45 minutes on guitar, you can’t handle that shit on strong acid man.”

Other highlights –

Gone live and Inside Job. Both excellent

Insignificance is a nice pull….hoped to the heavens for slight of hand but Insig is great

Hearing Down for the second time in three shows

I’ve been annoying my girlfriend walking around singing “Don’t run away, don’t run away, don’t run away, don’t run away…”

Last August, I lost my grandfather who was a great man – fought in the battle of the bulge, police chief and kindest man alive, so Man of the Hour was tough for me but worth it til the end.

All day my friend was saying “When Ed comes out with the harmonica for Hide your live he should bust into Smile. They should play Footsteps and then go into Smile.” Wouldn’t you know it…Footsteps…and what do we get after it….Once which made me Smile and it dawned on me halfway through what came next as did most everyone else. Killer.

Last Exit, Glorified G (second time for me) and then Crown of Thorns….

RITFW and Bedder to go to bed,

Usually when I leave a show, I'll crank some music in the car. After Night 2, I didn’t have words. Drove in silence. I didn't want to dampen what I had heard. People will ask, was it really that good.

Yup!
    So held by these thoughts
    They refuse to slip away
    Hangman in dreamland
    About to call your name
    Much to be done
    Much to be

07/26/98, 10/08/00, 06/21/03, 09/09/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 05/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

• eddieved24eddieved24 Posts: 107
    Why is this not a sticky!! I am bumping in hopes someone will notice and make it stay up!
    all those paper plates......
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I sat section 122, row 7 and thought night 1 although the setlist was very predictable, was an awesome show, night 2 I predicted very few repeats, but damn, we got so many awesome songs that we didn't for night 1. I didn't expect Once, Crown of Thorns, or Footsteps! The view from our seats was awesome, Severed Hand was a great opener, nothing much to add that already hasn't, this was my 21st PJ show and it just never gets old, you never know what they will play. Wish I could have made it the pre party a little earlier, but had fun hanging out with STPMatt, Senrock, Lucky15, and PJammer. Can't wait for the gorge shows guys! But first a week worth of shows awaits! Camden - East Rutherford! Oh yea, STPMatt your nationals owned Kerry Wood. Poor cubbies!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    After a solid but relatively unspectacular night one, I told my traveling companion, a friend of mine who flew out to Boston with me in 04 and who is a rather casual fan, that something special was going to happen tonight. I told him 'mark my words'.

We spent the day around downtown Chicago having lunch, getting rained on, having a couple beers, and getting hailed on before making our way to the UC. Our tickets were a bit better compared to the night before in terms of rows- we moved up 7 rows from the previous night- but we were actually farther away from the stage this night. It was all good though as we got aisle seats, so I didn't feel constricted and could move around at will.

On to the show:

Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted: The SH intro looped while the band got their instruments and stuff ready. Once the music started it was balls to the wall. The lasers on SH are a bit much for PJ I think, but damn if this song doesn't get you moving. I said YEAAAAAAH! The lighting on WWS is awesome.

Animal: Always a great track to get the crowd into a show, and with the crowd already well into it, this was icing. Hands in the air all around, counting off those numbers. Amazing to watch.

Marker In The Sand: The first song from the new record not played the night before and it was great. I love the guitar playing on this track and live it was even better. These new songs are getting over very well in the arenas I think.

Do The Evolution, Whipping: And the band just keep on rocking. What an amazing start to the show. Evolution burned- Eddies vocals were insane. Admire Stone! And Whipping!

1/2 Full, I Am Mine: Yay, some Riot Act love! I'll take Half Full at any show. On the record it's an OK track, but live it is awesome. Ed makes do without the mirror and uses his guitar to reflect the light around and around.

Even Flow: Like the night before my goal was to make it back before Mike's solo. And like the night before, I missed it by about 15 seconds, even though I was a bit farther away from the bathrooms. Tonights solo was all over the place. Mike is god.

Gone: Meh. I'll be fine if this is the only airing I ever hear of it. Just doesn't do anything for me and one song too many in the PJ catalog involving a car.

Insignificance: Finally some Binaural. Ed sings the middle section this time around too- they seemed to have been ignoring that part recently. The best version of this song I've heard. Usually it gets a bit sloppy but it didn't seem that way this time.

Better Man, Save It For Later: I had always hoped to hear a SIFL tag on Betterman and was disappointed when the song ended as usual. And then something strange happened. All of the sudden Ed starts playing the chord progession. Then he turned around and walked up to the mic and started strumming and singing all by his lonesome, "Two dozen other dirty lovers..." Slowly, but not very surely, the rest of the band join in. I go nuts. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Down: Flippin' sweet, that. Fan clubbers loved this one from the looks of it.

Garden: I think the heavy intro isn't working for me. Something about this performance seemed a bit off, too. Crowd around me loved it, though, and we sang it loud.

Inside Job: So glad I got to hear it here. Seeing Mike play a double necked guitar was quite the treat. For those wondering about the piano- Boom plays it. It's a beautiful song, but I was actually a little disappointed in the live version. Just didn't have the same feeling to the album one and seems clear they're still adjusting to playing it.

Lukin, Why Go: Lukin almost seemed an off-the-cuff, unplanned performance. And it also seemed Ed had something else in mind before Why Go as he grabbed his guitar but put it back when Matt started the intro. Hearing Why Go was phenomenal. One of my first favorite PJ songs that I am glad has been resurrected. I looooooove that bass.

1st Encore: Wasted Reprise: Boooooooooooooooooom! My friend asked me after the show why everyone was booing.

Man Of The Hour: The third of a whopping 7 songs I'd yet to hear at a PJ show. To say this band isn't amazing is blasphemy. I'm playing this song at my funeral.

Footsteps, Once, Alive: Unfuckingbelievable. And, strangely, it didn't occur to me that this was reverse Mamasan until I read the RM board after I got back. I told my friend the show would be special, and after Once, I said 'I told you so'. And it wasn't over yet! Wow! Just wow!

2nd Encore: Last Kiss: Ed is at the soundboard for this one and his earpiece must've been delayed because he was a half step behind. His mic kept cutting out, too. I'll be surprised if they keep this on the boot. A nice try, but technology can be a bitch sometimes.

Last Exit, Glorified G: GLOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRIFIED! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! That's okay cuz I'm vice pres!

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town: The most I've seen a crowd into this song, ever. I'm tired of this song, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't awesome this evening.

Crown Of Thorns: I nearly cried. I NEVER thought I would hear this. Never. Ed says they bring this one out on special occasions. I nudged my buddy and said, again, 'I told you so'. Amazing on so many levels.

Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter: After CoT, I was stoked, even for these staples. I sang every word. Air-strummed every note. Pearl Jam did no wrong tonight, and continued to amaze me in ways I'd thought would not be possible.

How Chicago 2 will go down on this tour will remain to be seen, with so many dates left who knows what we'll be seeing at shows in the future. But for now this is one of the great experiences in my life. An amazing, amazing night.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Excellent show! Not because they played the exact songs I wanted them to play (i.e. Leash campaign) but because they were in a great mood so we all had a great time.
    Those green laser lights were out of this world.
    Also, I'd like to say hello to people who were at section 2 Rows 19 and 20 seats 1 thru 7 or 8. We just kept the party going didn't we guys??
    HEY WAIT! ARE YOU THE ONE THAT SAW ME AFTER THE SECOND SHOW ON THE FLOOR???
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    AndySlash wrote:
    After a solid but relatively unspectacular night one, I told my traveling companion, a friend of mine who flew out to Boston with me in 04 and who is a rather casual fan, that something special was going to happen tonight. I told him 'mark my words'.

. . .

How Chicago 2 will go down on this tour will remain to be seen, with so many dates left who knows what we'll be seeing at shows in the future. But for now this is one of the great experiences in my life. An amazing, amazing night.

Excellent review!! I can't wait for Vegas / SD!!!
  • SmallTownSmallTown Posts: 152
    I agree with everyone that's said this show was amazing. The best part for me was bringing a longtime friend to his first PJ show. He didn't know the new stuff at all, but got a fair share of TEN songs to rock out to (along with every other person in attendance). Then Crown of Thorns starts and all of a sudden he goes completely crazy...I look at him in amazement that he knows what this is..."fuckin Mother Love Bone?" he questions me. "Yeah" I reply. "Nobody is going to believe me. This was my favorite song in college." I had no idea, and he had no idea of the PJ ties to MLB.

Going to be very tough to beat this performance, but here's to hoping they do it at the Gorge!
    10-08-00 Ice Bowl
    06-21-03 Alpine
    09-09-05 Thunder Bay
    05-17-06 Chicago
    06-26-06 St. Paul
    07-22-06 The Gorge
    07-23-06 The Gorge
    05-07-10 Noblesville
    09-03-11 PJ20
    09-04-11 PJ20
    09-21-12 Pensicola
    09-22-12 Atlanta
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    couple of great nights. i just wish i could get a F'n taxi after the shows. it was either an hour walk or an hour wait...
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Zillah13Zillah13 Posts: 135
    I was at the first two shows of the tour. Toronto I & Toronto II..... But from what I saw of the set list for Chicago II..... man that show must have been frickin awsome. Toronto II was bordering on brilliant. You all should check out the set list from it!!!! It should be a dvd... it was that good!!!!

But off topic...... You got to hear Crown of Thorns.
    I think that might be the only song that I haven't heard live yet!!!!
    SHIT!!! SHIT!!! SHIT!!!!!

Man do I wish I could've afforded to go to more shows!!!
    Man..... I wish I could put a Pearl Jam pic in here as my siggie!!!! LMFAO!!
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    did anyone get a picture of the marquee outside either night? i was so busy trying to find the jordan statue i totally forgot to get one.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    ~

So it’s Wednesday afternoon and everyone’s doing their best to dodge the rain and meet up once again at Moretti’s, unlike yesterday afternoon when the skies were clear by party time today it would rain on and off most of the day. My sister “thefireiscooking” is back for night II with her friend Miranda. My concert buddy from Elmhurst Marge got my extra. This would be her first Pearl Jam concert. Clint’s back also and we sold his extra (face) to some cool local people. Hung out a bit with AtPeacew/MyLust, SmallTown and his bud came down from Wisconsin. This party was a go! Later at our seats we would hook up with PJINFLA and Catherine.

They had a different band rocking the pre-party / fund-raiser this afternoon. Good long set and I think a guest vocalist or two. It should be said that all the organizers and volunteers did a fantastic job on the Chicago parties and CCFA Fund-raiser. The restaurant seemed better staffed on Wednesday and although it was raining we once again fill the joint.

Marge and I sat 10c section 3 row 1 seat 9 & 10 - front row stone. :p

I loved “avocado” before the new album and I still do. Avocado is always best fresh. I like the 3 new songs to start the concert. Nice and fresh. Animal mightily launches “Chicago Night II Vs. Assault!” Let's rock! Before the concert I was hoping for all the new songs that we hadn’t heard last night. Marker In The Sand is next and has me paying attention. The way Ed sings over the bands jam / groove. Oh, man! I Do The Evolution and Whip stuff. 1/2 Full gets the guitar strings bending and screaming. I Am Mine - beautiful as always, Even Flow had “the Master” once again shining and impressing…for a long time! Gone I’m not. Insignificance is significant to me. Can’t find a Better song to sing-a-long! Save it for Later was full, flavorful and it smelled good. Oh, wait it’s the neighbors…pass it dude, I got Down and my Garden is a new one this year. I will admit to seeing the Red Gibson Double Neck strapped around Mike’s neck before the song. The start of Inside Job is light, slow, and soft than slowly builds faster and darker later. Slow haunting, wining guitar leads over acoustic guitar and very nice piano, and than Ed’s vocals come in, great song, great performance of it. I’d go to Lukin’s in a second. Why Go? The encores are next. Wasted Reprise; don’t get me started. The quite, smooth organ intro and than Ed comes in singing those lyrics “I have faced it, a life wasted, I’m never going back again.” Man Of The Hour or Band Of The Hour I can’t decide. Footsteps, Once and Alive is our beginning too. Last Kiss; where is he? Last Exit can’t be nooooooo. Glorified G (#8) and Elderly Woman (#9) Vs. songs over two nights...that was cool. Crown Of Thorns had me looking like a rookie and than smiling wide once I caught the lyric. Rockin' In The Free World was cool but I was missing Robert Plant on guitar and I’m not ready to go home just yet. Although Yellow Ledbetter announces goodbye for now at least it leaves me in the perfect Pearl Jam state of mind.

I wonder who lives in Rockton?

~

November 1, 1992 Mountain View
    October 28, 1993 San Francisco
    October 2, 1994 Mountain View
    November 4, 1995 San Jose
    October 20, 1996 Mountain View
    November 12, 1997 Santa Cruz
    June 27, 1998 East Troy
    October 30, 1999 Mountain View
    August 18, 2000 Indianapolis
    October 21, 2001 Mountain View
    December 8, 2002 Seattle
    June 18, 2003 Chicago
    October 6, 2004 Asheville
    September 9, 2005 Thunder Bay
    May 17, 2006 Chicago

~

9 Days in Chicago Rock May 13 - 21

Saturday: Tool at the Auditorium Theatre
    Sunday: Mothers Day dinner :) so no Ed at Wrigley :(
    Monday: off
    Tuesday: Pearl Jam at the United Center
    Wednesday: Pearl Jam at the United Center
    Thursday: Nationals vs. Cubs at Wrigley Field
    Friday: off
    Saturday: 40th Birthday party for my sister and cousin
    Sunday: Alice In Chains at the Metro

Lucky me, edwho

52xxx established February 1994

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    elstongunn wrote:
    couple of great nights. i just wish i could get a F'n taxi after the shows. it was either an hour walk or an hour wait...

getting a taxi was a pain in the ass wasn't it. I grabbed one and told this couple i was waiting with to get in and let's share, and the cab driver wouldn't let us and started yelling for them to move away from the cab. I felt so bad, so if those two are on the board and read this post, I am very sorry.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    did anyone get a picture of the marquee outside either night? i was so busy trying to find the jordan statue i totally forgot to get one.

I shot the marquee in 2003. If you want that one PM me your e-mail address.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• jwb22jwb22 Posts: 5
    Went to both shows. Loved My Morning Jacket. Only heard one song from them on xrt . Have to say drmmer looks like cousin IT bass looks like Dav Grohl and Guitarist looks like Pete Yorn.

I have ben going since 91' and evn though the mosh pit has retired i still get into it. Lots of fans have come and gone but i do appreciate the number 1# fan who sits in the first row concert after concert. I had 7th row dead center the first night and 6th row left side on night 2. First night was full of energy. 2nd night braught out all the classics. I do have to say this album is probably one of my favs except vs. I can live without the new video and probably make a bettr one tha does not look like a tool video.
    "I Wanna Be Sedated"
  • krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    Loved the show and meeting the great folks at the preparty!! Hope to run into you all again soon, and I thank you for all for making it a special night and for the memories that will last a lifetime!
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • dadowdstadadowdsta Posts: 15
    WOW! I was very excited to see Eddie and the rest of the gang have yet another beautiful show!

I'm from Iowa so really I don't get a chance to see a good show like the one on Wednsday night! Some of the songs that they played I was basically dumbfounded when they played them. Take for instance Footsteps, Crown of Thorns, and the all famous Keep on Rockin' in the Free World.

Nuckin' Futs is all I have to say. Great Time.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
  • krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    Does anyone have pictures to share? My digital wasnt working, so sadly I wasnt able to take pics.
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • faithfull79faithfull79 Posts: 24
    Part one: setlist...
    Setlist was good, not the best i've ever seen personally. Only one YIELD song, I had hoped for more. More of the Ten album than I expected. Rockin' in the Free World...well...rocked (It was the best I've ever heard it, in person or on bootleg). Lukin is always a treat. It works well after Inside Job, I hope that combo becomes a regular thing. The 1/2 Full guitar-light-thing was cool, I've heard of it, but never seen it personally. Wasted Reprise really worked live, I didn't think it would out of the studio. But most of all, THEY PLAYED CROWN OF THORNS!!!!!! They've only played it seven times. If I had missed the rest of the show, that alone made the trip from St. Louis worthwhile.

Part two: band...
    Everyone seemed really on the ball, except Ed. Not that he was bad, just not spectacular. He had an average night, and the rest of the band had an incredible night.

Part three: crowd...
    Let me preface this by saying that my last show, Vote For Change In St. Louis, was the best night of my life. We (the crowd) were so intense that I remember thinking that the poor old Fox Theatre wouldn't be standing after the show. So when I say the crowd in Chicago seemed kind of flat, I may have set my standards a little too high. This was an arena show, after all. But I think we could have shown a little more love...

Sorry for my negativity, but this is my honest opinion of what was still a really good show. B+, if I had to give it a grade. But...FUCK IT! THEY PLAYED CROWN OF THORNS!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!! THINKING OF IT A WEEK LATER STILL GIVES ME CHILLS!!!! I guess I'll shut up now................
    ...so i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream, where i'm not ugly and you're looking at me...
  • M T BEERM T BEER Posts: 5
    Part one: setlist...
    Setlist was good, not the best i've ever seen personally. Only one YIELD song, I had hoped for more. More of the Ten album than I expected. Rockin' in the Free World...well...rocked (It was the best I've ever heard it, in person or on bootleg). Lukin is always a treat. It works well after Inside Job, I hope that combo becomes a regular thing. The 1/2 Full guitar-light-thing was cool, I've heard of it, but never seen it personally. Wasted Reprise really worked live, I didn't think it would out of the studio. But most of all, THEY PLAYED CROWN OF THORNS!!!!!! They've only played it seven times. If I had missed the rest of the show, that alone made the trip from St. Louis worthwhile.

Part two: band...
    Everyone seemed really on the ball, except Ed. Not that he was bad, just not spectacular. He had an average night, and the rest of the band had an incredible night.

Part three: crowd...
    Let me preface this by saying that my last show, Vote For Change In St. Louis, was the best night of my life. We (the crowd) were so intense that I remember thinking that the poor old Fox Theatre wouldn't be standing after the show. So when I say the crowd in Chicago seemed kind of flat, I may have set my standards a little too high. This was an arena show, after all. But I think we could have shown a little more love...

Sorry for my negativity, but this is my honest opinion of what was still a really good show. B+, if I had to give it a grade. But...FUCK IT! THEY PLAYED CROWN OF THORNS!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!! THINKING OF IT A WEEK LATER STILL GIVES ME CHILLS!!!! I guess I'll shut up now................

I feel the same about this show, GREAT SHOW but the last show I saw was also at the Fox in St Louis. Hard to beat that night!!!!!