Options

Bridge School announced

Comments

• Options

Booked flights yesterday I'm there sick line up ...

Damn! I wish I could join you this Oct.
    FUCK!!!
    Wish I could join you for this too Jose. Being in Colorado week before puts me soooooooooo close.

I'm on a permanent vacation & I can't seem to swing this trip either. Just too much time away from my wife prior to Bridge School shows :!! . I know she enjoys her time without me but there is just so much I'm able to get away with [-( :-\"
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777

FUCK!!!
    Me too. What an amazing weekend it's going to be.
  • Options

FUCK!!!
    Me too Mike i never thought i'd get myself out to this event once that line up was up i couldn't resist , two weeks ago i was done with traveling and now i'm headed to Bridge School lol plus i have Family there so this is a no brainer will miss you this time around ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

FUCK!!!
    Wish I could join you for this too Jose. Being in Colorado week before puts me soooooooooo close.

I'm on a permanent vacation & I can't seem to swing this trip either. Just too much time away from my wife prior to Bridge School shows :!! . I know she enjoys her time without me but there is just so much I'm able to get away with [-( :-\"
    hit me up if your coming out here for any trips Joe ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

I would recommend all Pearl jam fans to check out the Bridge School shows at least once. They are a blast! I was there in 2001 for both Saturday and Sunday shows and loved them. That was a hell of a line-up as well... PJ, REM, Dave Matthews, Neil Young, Ben Harper... and Billy Fucking Idol!

I've attended my fair share of BSB shows when PJ's been on the bill and imo the 2001 line up was by the far the best ever! With it being only a month removed from 9/11 many of the acts on the bill that night performed songs that had either a patriotic or political overtones to them which made the night even more moving and special. I can clearly remember how connected and overly kind everyone in the audience was with one another those nights. Definitely a vibe to remember.

RM
  • Options
    Air23 said:

Do tics usually sell out fast?

Does a bear live in the woods? The one thing that makes securing a decent ticket(s) to these shows all the more difficult is the fact that Shoreline Ampitheater season ticket holders get first dibs on these tickets. And since they know they can resell them for a crap ton of money they almost always do.

So consider yourself lucky if you're able to secure any ticket in the 200 sections when they go on sale as I'm pretty sure that's all that will be available besides lawn seats.

RM
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    I was able to score some seats in the 100 sections the last time PJ played, but it took a lot of checking for ticket releases the week of the concerts.
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 786
    Booked my hotel in Mountain View :)
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    bbisonbbison Posts: 219
    The Lawn doesn't usually sell out right away, unless it's an absolute blockbuster lineup. The Saturday show last year didn't sell out until after they added Arcade Fire. The Sunday show had tickets available day of.

It isn't just those with season reservations (do we know for a fact those include Bridge School?) at Shoreline--much of the 100 level goes to benefactors and those connected with the school. Those up close have likely donated many thousands of dollars to the cause.
    Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    iammine16 said:

Where are you staying?
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 786
    Air23 said:

iammine16 said:

Where are you staying?
    Avante Hotel

Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options

I would recommend all Pearl jam fans to check out the Bridge School shows at least once. They are a blast! I was there in 2001 for both Saturday and Sunday shows and loved them. That was a hell of a line-up as well... PJ, REM, Dave Matthews, Neil Young, Ben Harper... and Billy Fucking Idol!

I've attended my fair share of BSB shows when PJ's been on the bill and imo the 2001 line up was by the far the best ever! With it being only a month removed from 9/11 many of the acts on the bill that night performed songs that had either a patriotic or political overtones to them which made the night even more moving and special. I can clearly remember how connected and overly kind everyone in the audience was with one another those nights. Definitely a vibe to remember.

RM
    Agree 100%! People were so nice that weekend. Except for the street person downtown San Fransisco that threw my handful of change I gave him back at me. That wasn't very nice.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    My hotel is booked.

I have never been to BSB. Is re-entry allowed or should I budget $200/day for overpriced food and beer inside the venue?
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    edited September 2014
    CB6978 said:

My hotel is booked.

I have never been to BSB. Is re-entry allowed or should I budget $200/day for overpriced food and beer inside the venue?

No re-entry but you pack a small cooler and bring sealed water.
    They do check your stuff at the door.
    You can save a lot of $ by bring your own food....it's a long day so pack a snacks. :)

Check their web site, I believe all the details are spelled out.

Post edited by ItIsAllAboutPJ on
  • Options
    CB6978 said:

My hotel is booked.

This year my friends and I are going to tailgate before the show. Having just gone to Shoreline recently to see a concert I was amazed at the outlandish prices for food and beer. A pint of Lagunitas alone was $15!! So for anyone who is going to the show make sure you do your drinking beforehand.

RM

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Shit,I haven't been to BSB since 94. Damn, I would love to go this year. Looks like a real sick lineup. But doubt id make it. Have fun everyone.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    badbrains said:

Shit,I haven't been to BSB since 94. Damn, I would love to go this year. Looks like a real sick lineup. But doubt id make it. Have fun everyone.

That was my first one.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    KC2917 said:

badbrains said:

That was my first one.
    Shit, I didn't even know that. That was a sick line up to. Petty stole the night. Fucken absolutely insane he was.
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    This really is a cool line up! Would like to have the possibility to take part in this grear event!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    There no such thing as a grear event in my book...lol
  • Options
    It's too bad that tix for both days go on sale at exactly the same time. How do other people work it - trying to get good tix for both days? And is it easier to get the better seats on Sat. or Sun.? Or is there really no way to guess which day to purchase first?
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    Has anybody looked on sites like StubHub to see if they're for sale yet?

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Wouldnt it be good if you could only just sleep for tickets like you do when you line up for GA
  • Options
    Looked on StubHub. The 200 section is selling for mid-$200s. The lower section starts around $500 and goes up to almost $2,000 for several rows back from stage!! Insane! I sure hope I score tix online or else not going. I missed PJ20 and I've been sad since then. LOL Am looking forward to seeing PJ and Soundgarden on same day and maybe even together

• Options
    LyndsayLyndsay NEW BRUNSWICK Posts: 73
    Air23 said:

anybody going there from Denver?

We're going to Denver from Atlantic Canada, now we're looking into going to Bridge School...
    We're trying for tickets tomorrow anyway and going from there. We already have flight and hotel booked for Denver, so not sure what we can do to re arrange some dates.

• Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Does anyone think the bands bring it more (performance) on Saturday or Sunday?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    How'd people do with the on-sale? I was able to get a pair in the rear of section 203.....will def look for ticket releases closer to the show.
  • Options
    Got 202 Row S for Sunday
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Alright alright alright!
    Scored my best Bridge School seat ever: Saturday Night Sec.103 Row S Seat 17!
    See ya there!
  • Options
    200 Row U for Saturday. Pretty much on-cue with what I expected. This will be my 8th (?) Bridge School, and never got anything better than the rear 200's. Happy with having seats though, and even happier I'll get to see PJ this year! Can't fucking wait for this.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus