Options

Apple gives U2 album away for free...thoughts?

124»

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    JWPearl said:

Your opinion stick with you only^
    I think the album is brilliant and the more you listen to it the better it gets, its not hard heavy rock you know and once it hits the airwaves their gonna sell

It really reminds me of earlier material. I highly enjoy it!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    vaggar99 said:

the new U2 album is sadly disappointing. I don't know how David Fricke at Rolling Stone was able to give it 5 stars. But its not surprising, he's got a track record of giving high marks to mediocre albums from one time superstars.

I think U2 had to know the record wasn't very good and no one was going to actually buy it. Someone in their management figured out this clever ploy to get Apple to pay for it. And here we are, U2 is 100 million richer and Apple 100 million poorer, but both parties with egg all over their faces.

Lesson learned: We know how to free music, we've been doing it for 15 years now. So, if you are gonna force free music on us, it better be damn good.

It's damn good to a lot of people in this free format who will go out and buy this album next month. I'm one of them and guarantee you U2 won't be the last band to ever do this. Many times when one is the first to do something even if its free you are going to be ridiculed until it becomes the norm.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)