Options

Mystery poster? Ripped off!

13»

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    RD101189 said:

For the most part these were posters people aren't collecting and have low value on expressobeans unfortunately. I thought there would be more of the rarer ones shown in the picture. I knew it was a risk mystery buy, but thought I'd be seeing cooler posters posted by the buyers overall. I thought mine was bad until I saw people with this one and Cornice. Win some, lose some. Mystery boxes seemed like a better deal than just the mystery poster.

Generally, you aren't going to pay $30 to get a bunch of 1998's worth $250-$500. That's just common sense. The poster market in general isn't that great for Pearl Jam outside of the early stuff and pretty much with few exceptions anything from 2003 on (and a lot of 2000) aren't going to to fetch much in the sale market.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861

Yep, I take everything you guys are saying in. I get that it was a risk, I understand the concept of a 'mystery sale'. Was just hoping for something better, had a bit of a vent after opening it, got over it very quickly. As has been said 'ripped off' was probably the wrong term to use, 'disappointed' would have been more appropriate. But it was a mystery sale so I should have been ready for disappointment. I sucked down a few beers last night, changed my opinion, I'm happy. Thanks people.

Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    derbydave said:

If you REALLY don't like it...try trading it for one you want!!!
    There are probably a few folks here on the boards that would LOVE to have that one & may have got one they don't want!!
    :-bd

The man speaks sense.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

10C, I'm going to say to you the same thing I said to a friend years ago after going to the movies to watch Unbreakable...I want my money back! That was a rubbish movie and this is a rubbish 'poster'.

I work with a guy who almost landed the role of Sam Jackson's character as a child (during the flashback scene)

That's a tough road, having to live your life telling people that you were *almost* an extra in that one scene in that one movie... ;)
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    The kids, they would have called me Mr Glass...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    what is wrong with a gangbanger getting ready to hit someone after nuclear war?