Options

Mystery poster? Ripped off!

Comments

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002

If size is what matters to you, I got a giant Berlin 2012 that I will trade for your Chicago 2006.

How funny dude. Was going to trade the same one. I feel this is much better than berlin 2012....
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    GeoScott said:

At least you didn't get this

=)) =)) =))
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    from the moment you didnt get VANCOUVER 11 ,you should be thankful
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    edited August 2014
    Unbreakable was fine until the end. It, like, just ended...boom...over.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Unbreakable was fine until the end. It, like, just ended...boom...over.

agreed.... was expecting a sequel actually.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934

Such a good movie!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    10C, I'm going to say to you the same thing I said to a friend years ago after going to the movies to watch Unbreakable...I want my money back! That was a rubbish movie and this is a rubbish 'poster'.

I work with a guy who almost landed the role of Sam Jackson's character as a child (during the flashback scene)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    JimmyV said:

Such a good movie!

Agree, I dig it.
    (And I liked the poster too...better than the one I got. ;) )
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Have you seen the 2006 Chicago AMES poster?????? You didn't even get the worst poster for the two Chicago shows.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360

Have you seen the 2006 Chicago AMES poster?????? You didn't even get the worst poster for the two Chicago shows.

Hahahahaha so true!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    The Happening is a misunderstood classic. One man's trash...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    I would frame this. :-)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    You ordered a poster and received a poster, so you were not ripped off. It's fair to say you received an ugly poster, but the Ten Club never promised you wouldn't. If you are not prepared to receive something you may not necessarily want, you should sit the mystery sales out.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456

I don't think I'm owed anything my friend, was just disappointed with the poster I got, that's all, but thanks for jumping on board with the criticism, hope you feel better.

While i think that guy's post was overly dramatic, you can't really object to some criticism when that's the whole point of your post.... to be critical of the ten club.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    you could have always gotten the immagine in cornice poster that some members got which has a street value of like $8.00.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    it is amazing to me that adults dont understand what a "mystery" sale means
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    my2hands said:

it is amazing to me that adults dont understand what a "mystery" sale means

bingo
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    The poster in question is better than one of my mystery box posters (Ottawa 2011). I would take it if you are looking for a good home. I'll even pay for shipping. Or we can trade my above mentioned one for yours.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Brad Klausen is very thoughtful about his work, so I'm sure there's a story behind it. Find that and you may be happier with your poster. Or not. There are definitely worse posters, though! You rolled the dice when you purchased a mystery poster.

I for one would have cried if I got this, even though it was a pretty awesome show.
    Courtesy of Expresso Beans
  • Options
    Guy has the right to complain. Doesn't mean he's right, but he should b able to express his disappointment.

That being said, "ripped off" is the wrong term. It was a mystery poster sale, and the guy got a poster. Worth, or perceived worth is irrelevant.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

I don't think I'm owed anything my friend, was just disappointed with the poster I got, that's all, but thanks for jumping on board with the criticism, hope you feel better.

While i think that guy's post was overly dramatic, you can't really object to some criticism when that's the whole point of your post.... to be critical of the ten club.
    You can object when the criticism is unwarranted. He ordered a mystery poster, he received a mystery poster. It's kinda like calling out the slot machine because it didn't pay out.
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683

Another 10 club member who thinks they are owed something

I'm not sure that's necessary. He just doesn't like the poster and is having a strop about it.

I like it though :)
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Suziemay said:

Brad Klausen is very thoughtful about his work, so I'm sure there's a story behind it. Find that and you may be happier with your poster. Or not. There are definitely worse posters, though! You rolled the dice when you purchased a mystery poster.

I for one would have cried if I got this, even though it was a pretty awesome show.

+ 1. How did this one get approved??
    Finally, Van 11 had some competition.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159

Suziemay said:

+ 1. How did this one get approved??
    Finally, Van 11 had some competition.

I agree
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    Yep, I take everything you guys are saying in. I get that it was a risk, I understand the concept of a 'mystery sale'. Was just hoping for something better, had a bit of a vent after opening it, got over it very quickly. As has been said 'ripped off' was probably the wrong term to use, 'disappointed' would have been more appropriate. But it was a mystery sale so I should have been ready for disappointment. I sucked down a few beers last night, changed my opinion, I'm happy. Thanks people.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I like this poster and both the Berlin 12 and Immagine In Cornice ones. I sort of wish I'd taken the gamble now although the thought of opening it to find the Vancouver sheep horrifies me!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    For the most part these were posters people aren't collecting and have low value on expressobeans unfortunately. I thought there would be more of the rarer ones shown in the picture. I knew it was a risk mystery buy, but thought I'd be seeing cooler posters posted by the buyers overall. I thought mine was bad until I saw people with this one and Cornice. Win some, lose some. Mystery boxes seemed like a better deal than just the mystery poster.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO