Options

degenerate gambling football league - season 5

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    0 for 6. Fuck me. This has been my worst year of gambling on the NFL. Losing money like it's my job.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    week 13

4 WINS

***fmeinthebrain
    *south of seattle
    **********rstein27

3 WINS

*******thejuggler
    *rustneversleeps
    **********poncier
    **********njnancy
    ****mamasan23
    *******last12exit
    **********jweyers

2 WINS

**********ea5429
    ************horos
    ********dougfloyd
    ***********TWTM

1 WIN

**************vt21
    **********pj51390
    ****************ed

0 WINS

***indifference71
    **********phardin

pick of the week / mamasan23 / stl -7.5 vs oak /

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    after week 13

52 WINS

**********rstein27

46 WINS

*rustneversleeps

44 WINS

*******thejuggler

43 WINS

***indifference71

42 WINS

**********poncier

41 WINS

**********jweyers
    ********dougfloyd

40 WINS

***fmeinthebrain
    *******last12exit

39 WINS

**************vt21
    ***********TWTM

36 WINS

************horos
    **********phardin
    *south of seattle

34 WINS

****mamasan23
    ****************ed

33 WINS

**********ea5429

30 WINS

**********pj51390

16 WINS

**********njnancy

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    24 games still remain to be picked

plenty of time to catch up
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I plan to go 6-0 from here on out.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684

amen brother!
    (i have not gone 6-0 in all of the years picking in this pool lol)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

amen brother!
    (i have not gone 6-0 in all of the years picking in this pool lol)
    Neither have I, lol. Even if I did go 24-0 in December I would still fall short of first place!
  • Options
    This o for 6 performance last week really screwed me. Gotta bounce back these last few weeks and hopefully finish in the money.
  • Options
    Is there anything for 3rd place? I can't remember. Not that I'm gonna finish 3rd. More like 30th.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Is there anything for 3rd place? I can't remember. Not that I'm gonna finish 3rd. More like 30th.

I'll let ha know. That's where I plan to be after this week!
  • Options
    I'd love to pick the bears tonight. I think they beat Dallas. I just can't pull the trigger because their defense is soooooo bad.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359

I'd love to pick the bears tonight. I think they beat Dallas. I just can't pull the trigger because their defense is soooooo bad.

yeah i'm in agreement with this.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I barely even want to watch this game tonight, let alone have any action on it. The Bears are the worst.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684

I barely even want to watch this game tonight, let alone have any action on it. The Bears are the worst.
    I'm watching Hockey and flipping to NFL when it starts to see how it goes. If it is a good game, NFL will win. If it is not compelling I will watch Kings play Coyotes on they start. (I HATTTTEEEEE Dallas Cowboys. HATE. HATE. HATE. Really dont like them.)
  • Options
    Ever since Romo hurt his back, he doesn't get hit. If he sees a rusher get close, he just falls down. I love it. He's a puss. Lose Dallas. Finish 8-8 again. That would be better than buffalo winning the super bowl!
  • Options
    Actually Romo is pretty tough. He plays through pain. And if he drops to protect himself, so what? It's smart. He'll play longer if he does that. Why take a shot and end his career? It doesn't matter. You hate him and he's my favourite player, so we'll never agree on anything lol.
  • Options
    Watched hockey through most of it but switched back when Chicago started scoring. Cutler cost us an entertaining end. Murray was a beast.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Actually Romo is pretty tough. He plays through pain. And if he drops to protect himself, so what? It's smart. He'll play longer if he does that. Why take a shot and end his career? It doesn't matter. You hate him and he's my favourite player, so we'll never agree on anything lol.

I'd hate to think we will never agree on anything, but you like Dallas, so you're probably correct! =))

And I know it's smart. It's happened about 4 or 5 times since he's returned from that back injury. It reminds me of Brett Favre falling down when Strahan got the sack recored. It makes him LOOK weak.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    It's all a matter of perspective. If you like the QB you're gonna think to yourself "good job." If you hate him you think "what a pussy."
  • Options

It's all a matter of perspective. If you like the QB you're gonna think to yourself "good job." If you hate him you think "what a pussy."

I dont like Romo because he plays for Dallas but I do think he is tough. Just one of those guys who is always injured. And, unlike his hero Favre, he cannot stay on the field all of the time due to how/where he gets injured. I am biased against him though, due to the way I feel against his team.

The guy has good taste in women, I can tip my hat to his excellence off the field!
  • Options

I dont like Romo because he plays for Dallas but I do think he is tough. Just one of those guys who is always injured. And, unlike his hero Favre, he cannot stay on the field all of the time due to how/where he gets injured. I am biased against him though, due to the way I feel against his team.

The guy has good taste in women, I can tip my hat to his excellence off the field!
    I'm in that boat as well. I hate the cowboys. I hate players that played for the cowboys and now play elsewhere. I hate emmit Smith, troy aikmen, Jimmy Johnson, Michael Irving, Tony Romo, demarco Murray, etc........... This is a long list.

So yes, I have a strong bias against Romo. But to just fall down when a guy gets near him, that's being a pussy. I'm not saying you have to take every hit. Hell, how did his back get injured in the first place a few games ago? He saw the rush and turned his back to the guy that was tackling him. Dude needs to man up. Even Dan Marino (who I didn't like either) took a sack better than Romo does.

He's falling down because he sees it coming..... Come on man. At least try go avoid it!
  • Options
    I guess we are just haters!

Well, here is some love for Tony.

If we would have bet on the Cowboys last night how agonizing would that ending have been!

• Options

So yes, I have a strong bias against Romo. But to just fall down when a guy gets near him, that's being a pussy. I'm not saying you have to take every hit. Hell, how did his back get injured in the first place a few games ago? He saw the rush and turned his back to the guy that was tackling him. Dude needs to man up. Even Dan Marino (who I didn't like either) took a sack better than Romo does.

He's falling down because he sees it coming..... Come on man. At least try go avoid it!
    The guy has broken bones in his fucking back. Why the hell would he take an unnecessary hit if he didn't have to? Call him a pussy all you want, but he's being smart about it. And for the record, I can't stand Romo and the Cowboys.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

That's why he's got broken bones in his back. He tried to fall before this guy hit him but didn't have time, so he turned his back to him. Pussy! =))
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options

I'm in that boat as well. I hate the cowboys. I hate players that played for the cowboys and now play elsewhere. I hate emmit Smith, troy aikmen, Jimmy Johnson, Michael Irving, Tony Romo, demarco Murray, etc........... This is a long list.

you should be an eagles fan with all that cowboy hatred. as a birds fan, I don't think he's a pussy, but he sure looks like one going down like that. this picture is really amazing too, by the way. the way the sun is coming in like that. just looks awesome.

so, not a pussy.....but a choke artist, for sure. haha.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a bills fan, from the late 80's to now. So you can understand my hatred. I'm not an eagles fan, but their defense is giving me great points on my fantasy team!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/really-great-photo-tony-romo-getting-sacked

This is the website that that picture came from. It is a really good picture.
  • Options
    Seahawks are going to cruise tomorrow. I'm not betting so much that I can't root for them to lose since I can't stand them.....but they are going to harass Dirty Sanchez and win comfortably. Taking the money line for an outright win.
  • Options

Seahawks are going to cruise tomorrow. I'm not betting so much that I can't root for them to lose since I can't stand them.....but they are going to harass Dirty Sanchez and win comfortably. Taking the money line for an outright win.

I think the eagles keep it close for a while. But I also thought the bears were going to beat Dallas.....
  • Options

I think the eagles keep it close for a while. But I also thought the bears were going to beat Dallas.....
    eagles win by 3
    chinese-happy.jpg