Options

Poland shall not be forgotten or official 13th June Chorzow/Katowice show thread

Comments

• Options
    Laura_JayneLaura_Jayne Posts: 165
    Haha yeah, I'll believe it when I see it ;)

I'll be there all day so can meet you guys whenever.

So soon!!
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Haha yeah, I'll believe it when I see it ;)

I'll be there all day so can meet you guys whenever.

So soon!!
    Done! You believe me now? :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    I do, I do! Nearly fell off my chair in shock tho :)
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    I do, I do! Nearly fell off my chair in shock tho :)
    Im sorry :( I am really really bad. I feel bad.
    I'll buy you a pint in London. Prolly Katowice too :)
    Im sorry.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Not long now my little droogs!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    magdylmagdyl Posts: 86
    TEN CLUB TICKET DISTRIBUTION: 1:00pm (13.00)
    TEN CLUB EARLY ENTRY: 2:45pm (14.45)
    PUBLIC DOORS: 3:00pm (15.00)
    OPENING ACT SHOW TIME: 5:00pm (17.00)
    PEARL JAM SHOW TIME: 9:00pm (21.00)

I think I'm going to have to wear some kind of nappy

that was exactly my 1st thought :):):)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Hey Laura!
    Im hoping the bus will be there sometime in the AM; before noon :)
    Still not sure, tho, but I WILL email you, I promise. :)
    It would be a bit of a let down if this bus full of 10c'ers comes around to the venue AFTER the 15 minute early entry. We'd have to riot!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    so, do you think there will be a FOS area in the stadium?
  • Options
    Im sorry :( I am really really bad. I feel bad.
    I'll buy you a pint in London. Prolly Katowice too :)
    Im sorry.

Hehe don't worry lovely (& a beer would be very welcome :) )
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Hinny wrote:
    It would be a bit of a let down if this bus full of 10c'ers comes around to the venue AFTER the 15 minute early entry. We'd have to riot!

Not only a bus full of 10c'ers, but a bus full of people who have been on said bus for about 13 hours, sleep deprived, half drunk, all pumped to see another show after the excellence of Munich... thats a mob ye don't even wanna think about angering!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    take a look at this you polacks!!!!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=244579

21 more days to go..HURRY UP!!!
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • Options
    (:Smile:)(:Smile:) Posts: 117
    aah, polish people, could you help out a bit, please :)

could you somehow post in some kind of a schedule of the cheapest possibilities how to get from Bialystok to Katowice (train or bus). or maybe from Warszawa to K. or you could just post in a normal website where i could find it out. i'm going out of my mind trying to find a proper site on google without knowing polish.
    The man they call my enemy, I've seen his eyes
    He looks just like me, a mirror

The more you read, we've been deceived
    Everyday it becomes clearer,...

Clearer.
  • Options
    (:Smile:) wrote:
    aah, polish people, could you help out a bit, please :)

could you somehow post in some kind of a schedule of the cheapest possibilities how to get from Bialystok to Katowice (train or bus). or maybe from Warszawa to K. or you could just post in a normal website where i could find it out. i'm going out of my mind trying to find a proper site on google without knowing polish.
    Um, don't know about cheapest, but try this http://rozklad.pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?ld=pkp&seqnr=2&ident=5g.0335129.1179997987&getTariff=yes&outConId=C1-1

for the train trip. If that doesn't work, just go to http://rozklad.pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en and type in Bialystok and Katowice in the origin and destination bits. Comes out to be around 300 PLN
  • Options
    2.5 weeks to the show...............

we''ll be there
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I am so fucked. I haven't booked my Poland hostel, I'm flying into Katowice on the 12th of June. Any reccomendations?
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Me and my buddy are staying at the Flamingo Hostel in Krackow. My friend has been there before and he says its ok.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    Ok, I don't know how reliable it is, but the promoter is giving hints that there might be a separate space for the fanclub. We might not need nappies after all, but I guess it is gonna be a surprise.
  • Options
    jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    our final poland setlist.................

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=245037
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • Options
    roubal wrote:
    Ok, I don't know how reliable it is, but the promoter is giving hints that there might be a separate space for the fanclub. We might not need nappies after all, but I guess it is gonna be a surprise.

Oooooohh!! :D
  • Options
    roubal wrote:

Any links or source material for this. I hope thi is the case. Wooo not long now, 3 weeks tomorrow i'm flying out.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Crazy PearlCrazy Pearl Posts: 59
    mole1985 wrote:
    Any links or source material for this. I hope thi is the case. Wooo not long now, 3 weeks tomorrow i'm flying out.
    Don't you mean two weeks????? (For Katowice anyway.)
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    roubal wrote:

oh please god let it happen!
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    roubal wrote:
    i'm sorry for my confusion, but does this mean we'd have a place to stay after the show?
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    DarkStar wrote:
    i'm sorry for my confusion, but does this mean we'd have a place to stay after the show?
    ?? you're confusing US!

it means there might be a front area with a second barrier behind it (and you'll need a special bracelet to be allowed in it)
    I said ages ago that it was likely to happen considering the size of the place, for safety reasons; but I can bet anything you want that it won't be just for 10c though.
    10c and the first few hundred people with normal tickets.

but I sure hope it goes that way..6 hours of crap music without the help of beer is just not right!
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Pegasus wrote:
    ?? you're confusing US!

it means there might be a front area with a second barrier behind it (and you'll need a special bracelet to be allowed in it)
    I said ages ago that it was likely to happen considering the size of the place, for safety reasons; but I can bet anything you want that it won't be just for 10c though.

but I sure hope it goes that way..6 hours of crap music without the help of beer is just not right!
    thank you for the clarification. i understand now! :D

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    GTFGTF Posts: 57
    Got 1 standing ticket for sale - face value ofc. PM me. Thanks
    "How much difference does it make? Fuckin' tell them!" Eddie, Chorzów 13/06/2007
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Pegasus wrote:
    ?? you're confusing US!

So there will be an area only for the 10c members?
    Or do you mean like the one in prague last year, wich were for both 10c and regular?

Cause think it´s little unfar if you get that privilige without us other knowing.
    I´m not yealus(spelling?) but alot of money is spend on this trip with the imprecion(again spelling=) that i could get pretty near
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Kirkwood wrote:
    Or do you mean like the one in prague last year, wich were for both 10c and regular?

i understand that as an area for both that means the first let say 300-500 either 10c or regular. as 10c gets access 15 minutes earlier the chance is bigger to get there....
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Kirkwood wrote:

Cause think it´s little unfar if you get that privilige without us other knowing.
    I´m not yealus(spelling?) but alot of money is spend on this trip with the imprecion(again spelling=) that i could get pretty near
    Like Prague most certainly and that's far more than 300 in it..more like 1000, being a stadium possibly double or triple that (so ALL 10c, unless you arrive AFTER opening time, + the rest of regular tickets up to that number)

they never said it in advance when it happened (hence why all 10c emails say there'll be no reserved section..well there isn't anyway, since it's not 10c only), so it's the surprise when you get there.

so ASSUME it won't happen, and if it does, it's a pleasant bonus.
  • Options
    A little help please- can any locals give a rough estimate on how much it'd cost to take the train from Katowice to Krakow, then to catch a taxi from Krakow station to the airport there? We won't be staying, or paying for much more than maybe a bottle of water and a sandwich- we'll just be crashing at the airport overnight to catch some Zs there before we fly out in the morning.

With Poland being such a short stop, it'd be pointless to change too much of our Euro into Zlotys.