How do you think the world will end?

124»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hottle noted that the road problems do not mean the volcano is showing signs of an impending eruption. "The supervolcano is not going to blow," he said.

Famous last wor...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:
    Hottle noted that the road problems do not mean the volcano is showing signs of an impending eruption. "The supervolcano is not going to blow," he said.

Famous last wor...

Yeah right! If they weren't scared it might blow there wouldn't be teams of scientists monitoring it 24/7.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Famous last wor...

Yeah right! If they weren't scared it might blow there wouldn't be teams of scientists monitoring it 24/7.
    I have to say, quite honestly, if it goes in my lifetime I'd want to be right there when it happens.

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Annafalk said:

ldent42 said:

No way man. Geography isn't what I'd call my strong suit, but I would get my butt to new Zealand if that happened.

New Zealand seems very nice but we don't have volcanos here either I think you all should come here it would be fun :) (unfortunately Swedes aren't as easy going as Americans, maybe you wouldn't like it here) but still.
    Anna they got Volcanoes in NZ lol I think they're all dormant and have been for years - I remember climbing one and posting photos to make my friends jealous. But I was really thinking about survival odds. They got way more space (and sheep) than they do people, the climate doesn't have crazy extremes like some places and it's pretty clean compared to other places. I'll just bring a suitcase full of sunblock and I'll be good!

Also, can I just say HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS IN THE US!?!?!?!?! I never knew where Yellowstone was - if I would've guessed I'd have assumed it was in Canadia.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    ldent42 said:

Annafalk said:

ldent42 said:

No way man. Geography isn't what I'd call my strong suit, but I would get my butt to new Zealand if that happened.

New Zealand seems very nice but we don't have volcanos here either I think you all should come here it would be fun :) (unfortunately Swedes aren't as easy going as Americans, maybe you wouldn't like it here) but still.
    Anna they got Volcanoes in NZ lol I think they're all dormant and have been for years - I remember climbing one and posting photos to make my friends jealous. But I was really thinking about survival odds. They got way more space (and sheep) than they do people, the climate doesn't have crazy extremes like some places and it's pretty clean compared to other places. I'll just bring a suitcase full of sunblock and I'll be good!

Also, can I just say HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS IN THE US!?!?!?!?! I never knew where Yellowstone was - if I would've guessed I'd have assumed it was in Canadia.
    Lol, I should have looked it up.... :\">
    It would be nice to visit NZ some day but it's so freaking far away :)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

hedonist said:

Our own demise isn't the same as the world ending - though some may see it that way ;)

The arrogance of humans. ;)
    Either that or the Sun going Supernova.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i_lov_it said:

hedonist said:

Our own demise isn't the same as the world ending - though some may see it that way ;)

Which for all we know could already have happened
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • cydoniacydonia Posts: 456
    Life's eternal, life never dies, we were created by a freak accident , sorry god!, and when this planet dies, the dust from a supernova or galactic collision will drift off into space and start all over again. So as we're just holographic illusions, the program will upload another reality and start with a different reality, oh yeah that's the matrix , sorry!! So nothing ever ends.......

i_lov_it said:

hedonist said:

Which for all we know could already have happened
    Don't they have telescopes checking out the sun pretty much all the time somewhere on the planet? I think we'd actually know if it went supernova pretty much when it happened... not that it would do us any good!

But for comfort, I also believe there are warning signs before stars explode.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Book of revelations tells you it wont end but most people on it will...
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol. Sounds ridiculous. I looked it up and there are a bunch of links but only for random sites I've never heard of. No legit news sources. Anyway, South Africa would be fucked too. Just not as quickly as North America.

Anyway, yeah this Yellowstone thing scares the shit out of me.

It does sound ridiculous!

And not that I believe the story to be true, but a quick note on 'random websites' and what we consider 'legit' news sources.

Many of these weird, small web sites have often mentioned stories that eventually have come to be shown as true.

So because we may not of heard of a certain web site, does not really mean the info is false.
    Idris said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol. Sounds ridiculous. I looked it up and there are a bunch of links but only for random sites I've never heard of. No legit news sources. Anyway, South Africa would be fucked too. Just not as quickly as North America.

Anyway, yeah this Yellowstone thing scares the shit out of me.

It does sound ridiculous!

And not that I believe the story to be true, but a quick note on 'random websites' and what we consider 'legit' news sources.

Many of these weird, small web sites have often mentioned stories that eventually have come to be shown as true.

So because we may not of heard of a certain web site, does not really mean the info is false.
    Yes, you're right, for sure. But they often turn out to be false too... so, you know .... we know nothing, lol. ;)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    when the eagles win the super bowl.
    www.myspace.com
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Don Henley can't throw for shit.
    JWPearl said:

The book is called Revelation (no "s").

Brian, all due respect, but you got two vowels off ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPi4Bkh8H_o

hedonist said:

Brian, all due respect, but you got two vowels off ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPi4Bkh8H_o

:)) I'm looki' at my dictionary and lookin' at the on-line dictionary and lookin' at the Bible in the other room and lookin' and lookin' and lookin' and thinking, WTF! Did getting my eyes dilated today totally wreck my vision?

Then I hit play.

OK!! :-D

brianlux said:

JWPearl said:

I stand corrected :D;)
    JWPearl said:

brianlux said:

JWPearl said:

I stand corrected :D;)
    No worries- a common error. Becides, speling wuz never my bessed subjecked. :-B

Meteor is non-sense, it will just be a destruction of mass population that dont make the good books if you ask me, true story...
    Meteor or any other nature-related shit is no less likely than self-destruction.

In fact, maybe more likely.

Maybe non-sense is subjective.
    My prediction: Non-sense, degrading culture, bad TV, a steep decline in intelligence and education and persistent ennui will bring the human world to the brink collapse but we will be saved in the nick of time by the release of "The Decline of Western Civilization Part II".

edited September 2014
    ***fucking edit/draft functions.

That'll be the end of me :D
  • If the war on fresh water doesn't happen first, I no doubt believe that the US govt will end life on earth as we know it.
  • cydoniacydonia Posts: 456
    Nothing ends the sun will naturally burn up and transform into a brown drawf star, the surrounding cosmic debris will travel and through gravity collapse and spin and form another star, it's a constant circle. So yeh it'll end naturally, whether we're here or not, andromedas on its way!!
    all the stars will turn into warewolves me being one of the best ones lol... and the rest of the world will turn into a dense slow people and we are going to tear them apart according to our own colours and then we are going to fly away lol
    has that ever happened...