*** Trieste Fanviews Here 6/22/14 ***

124»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    OMG.....WHAT A FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE...PERFECT..THE BOOTLEG GOT IT PERFECT..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    rgambs said:

i saw lots of folks hard drinking! But i was speaking about the boards, there have been quite a few pukers and fainters throughout the threads and none of them were ever drinking...seems fishy lol again im not accusing anyone in this thread, just stating that overall, im not buying it!
    Drinking at shows is the most annoying thing, spilling beer everywhere, cups all over the floor, and the coming and going back and forth for beer and pissing is so fucking annoying! The biggest thing that bothers me about drinking at shows is folks cant hang for 3 hours. The crowd should get louder as it goes but those euro crowds peaked around songs 5 to 10 or so and got quieter and quieter, i was dissapointed with the amount of noise at the end. Everyone looked zombified!

Not sure what shows you're talking about, but Amsterdam and Trieste were nothing like you describe. Guess you were around the wrong people.

And you don't get the drinkers at US shows?.. seriously..haha

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    yeah at the US shows everyone is bombed to start and never gets loud to begin with! Il take Europe every time! Great shows! Cant wait for the boots!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    My experience was extremely good at Trieste. People were drinking, including me, watching football, and generally enjoying the atmosphere. I left for loo breaks during the football but after that i was by my son and stayed all through the gig,5/6 rows from the rail. And saw the second best Pearl Jam gig that i have seen. I don't disagree you can get some arseholes at gigs that do take the piss. But Trieste??
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    milan was worse than trieste, but neither were bad. It was just an ill conceived rant about drinking at concerts in general. I would say there is more drinking at the Europe shows in general, but with more people able to hold their booze! It beats america thats for sure!
    This show was amazing, the crowd, the setlist, and mostly, the amount of fun the guys were having up there! I feel so lucky to have been a part of what was clearly one of their greatest runs of shows in their history together. These shows blew away the lightning bolt fall tour, and those were some damn good shows!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Was fourth from the front. The initial energy of the first 10 songs did mellow out in the pit. It always does. The drinkers get wound up and body slamming, however they can't sustain it so it gets a little easier to hold your ground.
    I'm not complaining I like it! We just bounced our way through 15-20 rows to get as close to the rsil as possible lol.
    It's the same in any concert, any band, anywhere I've ever been.
  • GUlGUl Germany Posts: 22
    edited August 2014
    I was lucky to have seen both shows, Milan and Trieste. Eddie it was not so good, in spite of his leg, he never stood almost still. The best group in the world, the best musicians because they love what they do. Unforgettable! You make me happy. Thank you!
    instagram.com/p/rh2vv1GxYM/?modal=true
    instagram.com/p/rh2bQPGxXi/?modal=true
    Post edited by GUl on
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    GUl said:

I was lucky to have seen both shows, Milan and Trieste. Eddie it was not so good, in spite of his leg, he never stood almost still. The best group in the world, the best musicians because they love what they do. Unforgettable! You make me happy. Thank you!
    instagram.com/p/LkL69RGxby/?modal=true

Nice photo
    edited August 2014
    chelsea48 said:

GUl said:

instagram.com/p/LkL69RGxby/?modal=true

Nice photo
    I've just seen your profile, with all the beautiful autumn images. Wonderfull. Is that in UK in London?
    2014 Trieste - Milan
    2013 San Diego - Los Angeles - Oakland - Seattle
    2012 Berlin - Amsterdam
    2011 Costa Rica
    Post edited by GUl on
    Hello,
    who knows what is meant by the number 21, which Eddie has on his T-shirt?
    Thanks in advance.
    2014 Trieste - Milan
    2012 Berlin - Amsterdam
    2011 Costa Rica
    edited August 2014
    Good question... The #34 shirt he wore during the tour was a Walter Payton Chicago Bears jersey,,,

Post edited by myoung321 on

Thank you myoung321, that`s really kind. Maybe it can have someone yet to find out.
    You also liked, the magical and full of energy concert in Trieste. Wow, great pictures of your photography page. Last year I was in Amsterdam 1&2, too. I had to make lots of pictures of the bikes, like you. That does not exist in Germany. Have fun in Tulsa and Denver. Wish, I was there:)

2014 Milan - Trieste
    2013 San Diego - Los Angeles 1/2 - Oakland - Seattle
    2012 Berlin 1/2 - Amsterdam 1/2
    2011 Costa Rica
  • GeoScottGeoScott South Carolina Posts: 151
    GUl said:

Hello,
    Thanks in advance.
    2014 Trieste - Milan
    2012 Berlin - Amsterdam
    2011 Costa Rica

Our investigators discovered that the "21" shirt is a Roberto Clemente t shirt from the Clemente museum in Pittsburgh

:)
    GeoScott said:

GUl said:

Hello,
    Thanks in advance.
    2014 Trieste - Milan
    2012 Berlin - Amsterdam
    2011 Costa Rica

Our investigators discovered that the "21" shirt is a Roberto Clemente t shirt from the Clemente museum in Pittsburgh

Thought it might be Clemente...

GeoScott said:

GUl said:

Hello,
    Thanks in advance.
    2014 Trieste - Milan
    2012 Berlin - Amsterdam
    2011 Costa Rica

That's it. Thank you for your effort. You're a good investigator :)
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    just got this cd today wow this must have been sweet to see live. Definately diggin let me sleep. Dam I miss seein these guys live. Lets do Madison Square Garden as a warm up before the south american tour this fall. Garden is way over due, all the renovations are complete!!
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    Mccready is a beast on this bootleg. Impressive!
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Watching this whole concert on YouTube. Hard to believe it's over a year ago now.
    The band was ON. What a show.