16. Even Flow
17. Down
18. Unthought Known
19. Infallible
20. Whipping
21. Do The Evolution
22. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1

(Ed thanks the audience for inviting them to this beautiful city. He thanks the touring crew and the local crew. He notes that after only five days in Italy his youngest daughter already knows how to shout things in Italian to rude people.)

23. Let Me Sleep
24. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns-(Mother Love Bone, A. Wood)
25. Jeremy
26. State Of Love And Trust
(Ed introduces the band. He mentions the single time he drove a Ferrari. He was a valet at hotel and took it out at 3 am. He says Matt Cameron is way better engine than even that car. He also hopes people will take the time to think about the ones they have loved and don’t regret that you didn’t get to spend more time with them.)
27. Wasted Reprise
28. Life Wasted
29. Porch

Encore Break 2

30. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
(the audience unfurls a banner that spreads almost across the entire pit. It is the colors of the Italian flag and says “We Keep Rockin’ In The Free World With You”. Ed declares it the best sign at a rock concert in history. He says Trieste wins the prize for choreography)

31. Once
32. Alive
33. Rockin’ In The Free World
34. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Tagged:

Comments

• SmeeDogg1SmeeDogg1 Dublin Posts: 21
    edited June 2014
    Just back from the show! Epic time and great set list. Preferred it to Milan. This was my 10th show and finally heard crown of thorns. Delighted!!
    Berlin, Germany 15th August 2009 Dublin, Ireland 22nd June 2010 Isle of Wight, UK 23rd June 2012 Berlin, Germany 4th July 2012 Berlin, Germany 5th July 2012 Stockholm, Sweden 7th July 2012 Copenhagen, Denmark 10th July 2012 Brooklyn, USA 19th October 2013 Milan, Italy 20th June 2014 Trieste, Italy 22nd June 2014 Leeds, UK 8th July 2014
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Sea said:

the audience unfurls a banner that spreads almost across the entire pit. It is the colors of the Italian flag and says “We Keep Rockin’ In The Free World With You”. Ed declares it the best sign at a rock concert in history. He says Trieste wins the prize for choreography

I hope this moment was caught on film because that will be really special for those that weren't there to see.

• GivnerGivner Posts: 54
    Awesome shows in Italy. You can't beat outdoor shows when the weather is on ... and the band is on! Inner Prato is my new favourite term! :). They were two very different shows so not sure how to pick a winner ... not sure we need to. Both were great.

Milan had an amazing setting in San Siro, a setting that even blew Ed away when he sang "Oh dear Dad, can you see me now?" in the Release opener.

Trieste had a very cool set list. I thought my head would explode with the pre-break run of:
    Even flow
    Down
    Unthought known
    Infallible
    Whipping
    Evolution
    Rearview

You kidding me? Epic.

Then the encores ... need we say more? Amazing evening. Great crowd and the stadium-wide RITFW banner was wicked. Kudos to whoever put that one together!

As for specific songs on my list, it was nice to finally see Sad in Milan and I must be on a fairly short list of those who were in Seattle and Trieste to have seen Let Me Sleep both times since '94. :-) Let's check the roll call! Some day I will see Fatal!

Great meeting many new people from all over the world. Now back to our Italy family vacatiom.

Have fun on the rest of the tour!

Cin cin!
  • wigoutdcpwigoutdcp Posts: 273
    The RITFW banner was also at Milan although it was hung just below the first over hang and was unveiled during first encore break. Wish they would have stuck to set list and played. BABA! STILL AMAZING SHOW!
    ?? shows and counting....GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    what a show...thw best of 4 i saw so far...crazy vibe.the band at their best...i had a blast..couldnt walk when i arrived..took very stronge pain killers for can stand and enjoy the show and the energy was so fuckin amazing gave me huge power to forget the whole...the setlist was great.....had handshake with eddie ..and mike said hi Greece!!!
    this show was unique...the bwst moment was the lights during Come Back...that thing was UNREAL....
    VIENNA next..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788

what a show...thw best of 4 i saw so far...crazy vibe.the band at their best...i had a blast..couldnt walk when i arrived..took very stronge pain killers for can stand and enjoy the show and the energy was so fuckin amazing gave me huge power to forget the whole...the setlist was great.....had handshake with eddie ..and mike said hi Greece!!!
    this show was unique...the bwst moment was the lights during Come Back...that thing was UNREAL....
    VIENNA next..

so you have had the rail at every show so far?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    You get a small glimpse of the big banner here!! Anyone else have the intro to Once where it may show it better?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogj2GXUl2sE
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!

VIENNA next..

so you have had the rail at every show so far?

at italian shows only..huge scene and even i arrive late people go at center and leave sides free..at amsterdam was back at the end of floor.at the light booth..all was greatm..was matters was to protect my lev from people pushing and git hit by accident
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • joergjoerg Austria Posts: 123
    thank you so much guys for another great evening. it was the first time for me to see them two times in a row (milan and trieste) and you guys really make my world.

sadly on wednesday my euro tour 2014 will be over with the last show for me this year in vienna. i really do hope that the guys are playing SMILE in vienna, that would be awesome and a great gift for my "last" show this year!

thank you soooo much pearl jam

CHEERS!!!
    ... wind in my hair i feel part of everywhere ...
  • rival_AK71rival_AK71 Posts: 33
    they brought it as hard as I've ever seen. Getaway to Got Some made the hair stand up on my neck. Whipping! a lot of repeats from Milan, but I ain't complaining... I'm just super psyched I made the trip.

long shot, but if anyone found the Sony cybershot digital camera that hopped of my pocket in the pit, please pm.

see you in the states this fall!
  • canesaziocanesazio Posts: 2
    I think that the show in Trieste was one of their best ever: fantastic and relaxed atmosphere in a cozy stadium with 30000 fans who literally made the show together with the band.
  • REDVEDREDVED Posts: 65
    Sounds pretty amazing, bit gutted I wasn't there but here's hoping vienna will blow the socks off it
  • mamacilmamacil Posts: 44
    When i leaved Milan on friday, i thought the show IVe just seen was the best of my life (it was fantastic and spécial with so huge stadium, cool atmosphère, family of the band...), and then, i saw Trieste....!
    Im shocked, yet this morning, i will need some days to get back on earth cause they make us fly very very high on that show!
    Beginning I think, how...lot of songs heard in Milan, cool but no more, then arrived crowns of thorn.... state of love, And I have been propulsed in 1994 or something like that.... And then connexion between band and crowd was incredible... Every one jump, shout, sing, be 100% present..
    My heart crushed when ed give his bottle to the woman beside me, and I taste the wine!
    I will remember also Mike and Jeff laughing together at my request (nothing as it seems) ...

The band was more applicate, and I've never seen ed so relax..

So, thank you Italian people, that's up to you the shows goes so well

Thx pearl jam for living together this great experience of music, love and faithful
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • I think one of the best set list I have ever seen, and the show was amazing!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    My what a nice setlist, anything is possible with PJ it would be cool if you get a say in before the show for a good setlist, one can dream..
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    edited June 2014
    You never know before hand which show is going to be THE ONE...In my mind, Trieste was going to be Milan's little sister, in terms of size of the stadium, the love they have for Milan, and the fact that I grew up a few yards from San Siro. But boy did little sister BLOW ME AWAY!

I have been to 21 shows. Magic ones for setlists (Grand Rapids 06), magic ones for atmosphere and significance (PJ20), magic ones for crowds (many Italian ones, MSG)... but I have NEVER seen so much energy on stage. It was absolutely incredible. Keep in mind that Ed seemed to be struggling with knee issue and pain in Milan. HE WAS A DIFFERENT PERSON last night... they rocked so hard, the pit was crazy. Ed shared his sadness over the passing of his friend, and essentially brought us in to make things better. It was a deep, energetic hymn to survival and living in the moment.

It was perfect rock and roll. And then they played Crown of Thorns. The jams to RVM and Porch were unbelieavable... Seriously... this may be our favorite shows ever. Thank you best band in the world, thank you Ed for wearing your heart on your sleeve so that you can make your own struggles as instruments to help with our own. Unforgettable show, well worth the long drives from Milan. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

PS: Ed, I don't think Trieste was less loud than Milan. It's just that the volume of the speakers was way higher in Trieste :)

PS2 I think the banner was the same that was hanging in Milan at the base of the second ring, and at the Forum in 2006. It's great, but I wish we could hear Baba in Italy once in a while :)

PS3 We saw a couple of accidents in the Trieste-Venezia stretch of the highway driving back. I hope no one was seriously hurt.
    Post edited by meme on
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • SAMCROSAMCRO PJ show, Mike's side Posts: 449
    edited June 2014
    There's not enough words to describe last night so I'll put it simple:
    1) Thank you (from left to right) Mike, Jeff, Eddie, Matt, Boom, and Stone for playing such an incredible show.
    2) Thank you people from all over the world for making this night one of the best ever.
    Trieste \m/ ^:)^
    I'll end this post with a small request: next time when you come so close to Croatia, please, please, please, make that detour on the way from Trieste to Vienna. Me and my friends promise that we'll make it a night to remember. ZAGREB REMEMBERS!
    Post edited by SAMCRO on
    Želio bih nazdraVITI, HRVATskoj! Hvala što ste nas pozvali i drago nam je što smo napokan u vašoj zemli!
    We gonna love you long time.
    ZAGREB! This is MIKE McCREADY! MIKE McCREADY this is ZAGREB!
    meme said:

You never know before hand which show is going to be THE ONE...In my mind, Trieste was going to be Milan's little sister, in terms of size of the stadium, the love they have for Milan, and the fact that I grew up a few yards from San Siro. But boy did little sister BLOW ME AWAY!

I have been to 21 shows. Magic ones for setlists (Grand Rapids 06), magic ones for atmosphere and significance (PJ20), magic ones for crowds (many Italian ones, MSG)... but I have NEVER seen so much energy on stage. It was absolutely incredible. Keep in mind that Ed seemed to be struggling with knee issue and pain in Milan. HE WAS A DIFFERENT PERSON last night... they rocked so hard, the pit was crazy. Ed shared his sadness over the passing of his friend, and essentially brought us in to make things better. It was a deep, energetic hymn to survival and living in the moment.

It was perfect rock and roll. And then they played Crown of Thorns. The jams to RVM and Porch were unbelieavable... Seriously... this may be our favorite shows ever. Thank you best band in the world, thank you Ed for wearing your heart on your sleeve so that you can make your own struggles as instruments to help with our own. Unforgettable show, well worth the long drives from Milan. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

thats exactky us the key...bands performance
    and with that type if criwd make if unique

• FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    I was 2 rows back in Milan on Mike's side and 10 rows back in Trieste but in front of Eddie and I've got to say the crowd, the amazing people I met, and energy of this show was incredible. Yes, it felt like 1994. Freaking crowd Surfing and moshing!!!!! I was twitching to get lifted up on State of Love and Trust.
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    That is an awesome setlist!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • rival_AK71rival_AK71 Posts: 33
    FaezaM said:

I was twitching to get lifted up on State of Love and Trust.

hahaha Faeza all you had to do was ask and we would have launched you up there like a rocket! Oh and great meeting you :):)

• saw all 4 shows in Europe and this one was THE best to me. Great sound, the atmosphere was magic, the venue looks beautiful from the floor and the band played amazingly well ^:)^
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    Sea said:

Encore Break 1

(Ed thanks the audience for inviting them to this beautiful city. He thanks the touring crew and the local crew. He notes that after only five days in Italy his youngest daughter already knows how to shout things in Italian to rude people.)

Interesting way to put it... what made the audience laugh is that she actually shouted what in Italian sounds like "fucking asshole" :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • jp267921jp267921 Posts: 4
    Hands down one of the most amazing nights of my life!!!! Loved meeting all my fellow jamer family!!!! Did San Siro and Trieste both EPIC!!!!!! Everyone in the inner Prato was so kind it was unbelievable, love my ten club!!!!!!
    Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
    jp267921 said:

Hands down one of the most amazing nights of my life!!!! Loved meeting all my fellow jamer family!!!! Did San Siro and Trieste both EPIC!!!!!! Everyone in the inner Prato was so kind it was unbelievable, love my ten club!!!!!!

GA works just fine..is so great vith italian shows!!
  • TK262896TK262896 Turku, Finland Posts: 18
    Wow what a setlist! Can't wait for Berlin and Stockholm, my first gigs...
    Berlin 26-06-14 * Stockholm 28-06-14
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    FaezaM said:

I was 2 rows back in Milan on Mike's side and 10 rows back in Trieste but in front of Eddie and I've got to say the crowd, the amazing people I met, and energy of this show was incredible. Yes, it felt like 1994. Freaking crowd Surfing and moshing!!!!! I was twitching to get lifted up on State of Love and Trust.

Hey Faeza, I think we met there. I am the Turkish guy. Cheers to you and the nice guy who was with you. (Michael, if I remember correct)

I was lucky enough to meet a bunch of nice people from different nationalities who had a lot of high energy and we had a blast together.

Faeza is right, it was like we got into a time tunnel and was reliving the kind of shows of incredible energy from early 90's, that we see from YouTube videos today. All that jumping, dancing and singing for 2.5 hours. No ways to describe the energy at GA area.

I never thought I would have such a blast, I just wish to live a night like this once more again. It was that unique and incredible.

The band built on the energy of the crowd and was so tight, I think this will be a good boot for the collectors. .)

The setlist turned out to be not as I expected. I expected some rarities but the band played a lot of energy songs, in line with the crowd.

One caveat was the nice guy from Canada, who got sick during the show, I hope he feels better now.

One thing for true: I will never forget this show as it was one of the best 2.5 hours of my life.

What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • mamacilmamacil Posts: 44
    REDVED said:

Sounds pretty amazing, bit gutted I wasn't there but here's hoping vienna will blow the socks off it

meme said:

exactly!

The words "never give up...." Between State and Life wasted are still travelling in my brain since yesterday...
    I think realise hé's very Lucky and happy and share this positive love energy with all of us... Waou!
    Will never Forget, as a strong memory and in managing personnal life...
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • sdoughersdougher Posts: 5
    Huge HUGE thanks to the security & 10c folks around us on Stone's side on the rail for my 10yo daughters first show.

She got picks from Ed and Mike - way cool of you guys to make sure she got them - thanks. She is still smiling today!

See you in Vienna.