Options

PJ Performs "Let It Go" from "Frozen" as a Daughter Tag.

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Cosmo said:

I don't know why this is such a big deal.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I love how Ed and the guys are f*cking with everyone's head. These guys ain't dumb..... B-)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,991
    edited June 2014
    A 3 hour Pearl Jam rocking set with only a few seconds worth a Disney song cover from Ed, and the fans / media are loosing their minds!!! Ed's kids were there. Is it wrong just to play a small timbit for them? Any parent / vocalist would totally of done the same thing. Attempt to surprise their kids that are there with them @ the show. Maybe not cover the whole song completely, but a few seconds of it on a Daughter tag, LIVE, wasn't that bad at all. Maybe it was one of his kids birthday? Asked his dad to try to play a little bit of it. We don't know. If he made his kids very happy, then he did a job well done.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    pookasnakepookasnake Posts: 161
    Cosmo said:

Look at the bright side... it's not like they tagged 'Daughter' with, 'Its a Small World'. It could have been worse... it could have been a Justin Beiber song, right? That's worse, isn't it?

Can you imagine if it had been a One Direction song?

If I knew where it was, I would take you there....

9b62a062-ff5e-4ae3-9ff8-6d47ef18c764_zps86ddfa45.jpg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903

Cosmo said:

Rock bands don't cover Disney songs too often, if ever.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 545
    Ed was much more creative with the Daughter tags back in 98, 00, 03. Now it's pretty much WMA, another brick in the wall, or hey ho lets go. Let it go is new and i'll take it.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

Cosmo said:

Look at the bright side... it's not like they tagged 'Daughter' with, 'Its a Small World'. It could have been worse... it could have been a Justin Beiber song, right? That's worse, isn't it?

Can you imagine if it had been a One Direction song?
    I really hope Eddie reads this Message Board and DOES sing a 'One Direction' song... just to see the 'Hard Core' fanatics go ballistic.
    I'd like to see people's hair burst in to flames over something with such a high level nonsense. I mean, don't these people know what the fuck is going on in Iraq right now? Seriously.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I thought the tag was FUN!!
    Kudos to them for doing something different.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ51390 said:

JM44800 said:

I would respectfully like to point out that although the movie's main plot involves strong female characters, it is not just for girls! My son loves this movie, maybe I am getting my protective dad pants on thinking some of you are indirectly calling my son a wuss because he likes Frozen. ;)
    Anyways, showed it to him today and he loved it and is a huge Pearl Jam fan.

I agree, my son is almost nine, my daughter is six, they LOVE it. My wife loves it too. Go ahead...call my kid a wuss. I don't care. We watch it all the time. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. I do what I gotta do. If I want to keep putting PJ posters up and going to shows, I choose to keep momma happy.

That's it, I'm getting that boy a bowling ball ;)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    petejm043petejm043 Posts: 156
    I got two little girls who are always singing the song...now I gotta listen to Ed sing it too! The truth is that I though it was great gift for his daughters. If I could sing I would do the same thing for my girls was well.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,105
    Sing like no one is listening, petejm043.

Not like in the case of Ed, where $60,000 fans are singing. (please don't ask why I put a $ sign on that... just leftover OCD from lastnights impulse polls I created in Lost Dogs. - create polls like no one is reading =)) )
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    hedonist said:

The fuck is Frozen?

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839
    demetrios said:

A 3 hour Pearl Jam rocking set with only a few seconds worth a Disney song cover from Ed, and the fans / media are loosing their minds!!! Ed's kids were there. Is it wrong just to play a small timbit for them? Any parent / vocalist would totally of done the same thing. Attempt to surprise their kids that are there with them @ the show. Maybe not cover the whole song completely, but a few seconds of it on a Daughter tag, LIVE, wasn't that bad at all. Maybe it was one of his kids birthday? Asked his dad to try to play a little bit of it. We don't know. If he made his kids very happy, then he did a job well done.

Demetrios, how many reading this understood the "timbit" reference, do you think? ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,461
    I thought it was great
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,950
    Pearl Jam play a Christmas song in June and this is what people are thinking is odd?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    AY268609AY268609 Posts: 11
    edited June 2014

demetrios said:

Demetrios, how many reading this understood the "timbit" reference, do you think? ;)
    Mmmm timbits and a double double ~O)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    yup don't get it either, thought it was great and although I had no idea of what the track was initially, it was a great intro to Its OK
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    i dont get it...and i di t care..we got Wma and its ok togethet and was epic
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    kimdowdellkimdowdell NY Posts: 23
    lazloblue said:

I thought the tag was FUN!!
    Kudos to them for doing something different.

I totally agree! If you have kids you understand....and if your kids are signing it you most likely are too,(and not by choice!) I love that EV did that for his girls! Shows he has a good sense of humor!

1992- Saturday Night Live NY,NY, 2010 MSG 2, 2013 BKLYN 2, LA 1 & 2, NYC 2015
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    Cosmo said:

It's not a big deal...

Or they could've just thrown another blah, blah, another brick in the wall tag on it...actually nice to hear something different. Wouldn't be my first choice but it's a surprise and different...keeping it fresh.

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    demetrios said:

:)

https://twitter.com/tomtomorrow
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,480
    Makes so much sense to me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    I wonder if stone sang it better than Ed
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Can't wait for the Boots!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    edited June 2014
    "Tom Tomorrow @tomtomorrow
    He also wants everyone to know that his daughter sings it better."
    awwww. You know he wished he had hit that range. He gets a ton of dad points for trying though. Most dads couldn't hit it either. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @JeffAmentsArmy - Here it is: The "Let Stone Sing" improv and a Stone-cold rendition of "Let It Go."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe7qUd7rtW8#t=52
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    demetrios said:

@JeffAmentsArmy - Here it is: The "Let Stone Sing" improv and a Stone-cold rendition of "Let It Go."

Where exactly in that video is Stone singing "Let it Go"?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    BeerBaron said:

demetrios said:

Where exactly in that video is Stone singing "Let it Go"?
    2:29
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    demetrios said:

That was more than a little endearing.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Too funny...Stone is the man, would love to see him sing sometime. We need a Stone/RNDM tour!

When is this video from, after the Daughter tag I assume?
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.