Options

PJ Performs "Let It Go" from "Frozen" as a Daughter Tag.

Comments

• Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    I loved this tag. Showed great warmth and humour :)

Also added another layer to the 'Daughter' story.

For me, Ed's interpretation uncovered a searing psychological pain in the Disney lyric too. Pure genius!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    could this be the most amount of press pearl jam has got since the "bushleaguer" incident in denver 2003?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    The composer of Frozen, Bobby Lopez, had a pretty funny response to this:

@lopezbobby: Pearl Jam trying to ride our coat tails again. http://t.co/nHPRCwPWwg

He is also the composer of Avenue Q and Book of Mormon.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I thought this was a total joke when I read the post title yesterday. Until last night when my girlfriend texted me the video link. Our 3yr old daughter, like a lot of other young girls, LOVES this song. When she watches the DVD she goes into full on "diva performance" mode when this song comes on. So for me, this is a fucking great daughther/it's ok tag. As someone else stated earlier, the tags for daughter have gotten pretty stale in the last 10 years and I'd much rather hear something goofy and new vs hearing "another brick in the wall 2", again and again and again....
    Or even wma for that matter...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited June 2014
    Just when I thought I would never hear that song again........
    Yes, I too have a daughter who has worn out copies of that movie

But maybe it will get her to like EV a bit more
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    for a short 15 seconds snuck inbetween WMA and its ok, this story really went viral...a bit out of eds vocal range...if he was going to do this, wish he wouldve nailed that vocal...
  • Options
    I have to wonder if this is one of Ed's "ototo" moments or if the fact that it has blown up so big will inspire him to give it a better shot. My kids thought it was awesome seeing daddy's favorite band doing their favorite song.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    edited June 2014
    Can someone enlighten me please? What's the big deal about PJ singing 'Let it Go'? I know it's the song from that animation 'Frozen', but I haven't seen the cartoon, and I haven't heard the song. Is the world that mesmerized by a song from an animated feature film?
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options

Can someone enlighten me please? What's the big deal about PJ singing 'Let it Go'? I know it's the song from that animation 'Frozen', but I haven't seen the cartoon, and I haven't heard the song. Is the world that mesmerized by a song from an animated feature film?

Yes.
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    Only about 93 million reasons to hate and despise. As the father of young daughter, the movie's themes are great, but this song is grating...GRATING.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=frozen+let+it+go
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited June 2014

Yes...from the theater release of Frozen, to Travolta's butchering of the singer's name at the Oscars and now with the bluray release and the resurgence that's come with it, it's been the biggest song of the last 8 or 9 months. If to have young daughter it's taken over your entire world and you know the words to it, along with other song a from the film(Do You Wanna Build a Snowman, anybody?) even if you've never sat and watched the movie.

As someone posted above....the line to meet the princesses at Disney World was several 3 or 4 hours. For comparison, the most popular rides have a wait time of an hour or 2 at the very most.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The fuck is Frozen?
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    edited June 2014
    I would like to buy this boot!
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    hedonist said:

The fuck is Frozen?

the highest grossing Disney animated movie of all time.

Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Mine too. Couldn't reach the high notes. Going to be funny on the bootleg.

Well he definitely doesn't have the same range that he used to (when he MAYBE could have pulled it off), but i think he was just trying to make it work in the context of an It's Ok tag.
  • Options
    Cigarettes are a despicable product...
    BinFrog said:

PP193448 said:

Well he definitely doesn't have the same range that he used to (when he MAYBE could have pulled it off), but i think he was just trying to make it work in the context of an It's Ok tag.
  • Options

Cigarettes are a despicable product...

BinFrog said:

PP193448 said:

At least he quit.

Plus he's approaching 50...not too many singers have their 20's range well into their 40's.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    BinFrog said:

hedonist said:

The fuck is Frozen?

I know nothing about that. No kids here so my last foray into Disney films was circa Fantasia. Maybe a bit later.

Ha!

(ain't it sad that "highest-grossing" is the term quickest attributed to a film these days? It's become an accolade.)

• Options
    hedonist said:

BinFrog said:

hedonist said:

The fuck is Frozen?

I know nothing about that. No kids here so my last foray into Disney films was circa Fantasia. Maybe a bit later.

Ha!

(ain't it sad that "highest-grossing" is the term quickest attributed to a film these days? It's become an accolade.)

Sad commentary or not, the movie is an absolute behemoth.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899
    I'm fine with it because it was a quick tag- full song I would not be too happy :))
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

I'm fine with it because it was a quick tag- full song I would not be too happy :))

Yup. It's just Ed being Ed and having some fun.
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    edited June 2014
    smarchee said:

the cold never bothered me anyway

Ha ha...
    Someone should label this as a "likely for parents only" thread. Glad to see there isn't as much knocking of this tag here as there is on MSN and Yahoo...I support the break from the norm, and even if Ed didn't nail it (at least from what the very average at best audio reveals). They deserve to have a little fun without expectation of perfection.

And agreed with other post saying tag is ok, but here's hoping PJ doesn't make it a full cover any time soon :)
    Post edited by PJinIL on
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I'm glad the whole world thinks that Ed's voice is awful. He absolutely butchered that high note.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,852
    No way Ed quit smoking. I call bullshit on that claim.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    edited June 2014
    Awesome that they tagged this IMHO. Fun, light hearted stuff. I played the link for my 6 & 8YOs and they concluded "that sounds pretty bad" :)) Regardless of how it sounded that particular night would enjoy hearing it again.
    Post edited by jjflash on
  • Options
    JM44800JM44800 Posts: 106
    I would respectfully like to point out that although the movie's main plot involves strong female characters, it is not just for girls! My son loves this movie, maybe I am getting my protective dad pants on thinking some of you are indirectly calling my son a wuss because he likes Frozen. ;)
    Anyways, showed it to him today and he loved it and is a huge Pearl Jam fan.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    JM44800 said:

I would respectfully like to point out that although the movie's main plot involves strong female characters, it is not just for girls! My son loves this movie, maybe I am getting my protective dad pants on thinking some of you are indirectly calling my son a wuss because he likes Frozen. ;)

I agree, my son is almost nine, my daughter is six, they LOVE it. My wife loves it too. Go ahead...call my kid a wuss. I don't care. We watch it all the time. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. I do what I gotta do. If I want to keep putting PJ posters up and going to shows, I choose to keep momma happy.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    I don't care ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    PJ51390 said:

JM44800 said:

I agree, my son is almost nine, my daughter is six, they LOVE it. My wife loves it too. Go ahead...call my kid a wuss. I don't care. We watch it all the time. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. I do what I gotta do. If I want to keep putting PJ posters up and going to shows, I choose to keep momma happy.

Good man. LOVE this. :-h
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Look at the bright side... it's not like they tagged 'Daughter' with, 'Its a Small World'. It could have been worse... it could have been a Justin Beiber song, right? That's worse, isn't it?
    I don't know why this is such a big deal.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!