Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jeffbr said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Alcohol kills people at times. This is true. Fat kills people too. So does a sedentary lifestyle. Don't forget the f**king sun too- bastard star that strikes us with cancer. And cars... the big comparison for gun strokers.

Big f**king deal. None of the above items have been designed for the purpose of killing things. Every death that results from the discharge of a firearm marks an event where the gun- as a tool- has performed admirably and served its purpose exactly as designed.

Stop trying to weakly validate guns and their rightful place in society by comparing them to esophagus sized wieners that people choke on and the like. If gun lovers would just say, "F**k you guys. I f**king love my military style assault rifle and shooting the shit out of my empty beer cans up at the landfill. You'll have to pry my 'fancy' gun from my cold dead hands before I give up shooting beer cans at the landfill... f**kers"... I'd have more respect.

Stop trying to convince intelligent people that there is a reasonable argument. There is not. It's not even close. It's not even remotely close. But as I said... most people aren't very smart and most people are very selfish: gun lovers do not need to fear having their guns taken from them. Instead, they can continue to fear hostile governments with devious plans and home invaders that are plotting an invasion of their home likely at this minute.

In my first post I said I wasn't trying to win anyone over. And I did say I shoot oranges and apples that are rotting at my parents orchard and hope to never shoot at anything else. More fun than empty beer cans, and it even helps with the compost.

I was merely pointing out all the attention that guns receive and a major topic at every debate. Why not spend some of that focus on something that kills even more, like drunk driving? Alcohol may not be designed to kill, but more innocent children die from drunk drivers than as a result from a homicide where a gun was used regardless of that fact. Alcohol is designed to impair judgment, and every time someone gets into a car and kills a 5 year old child because they were drunk and couldn't make the right judgment, the alcohol "has performed admirably and served its purpose exactly as designed." What difference does the purpose make? I think a ban on alcohol is extreme, but when was the last time you heard any politician talk about reducing DUI's? But they can't talk for 5 minutes without bringing up guns.

We can agree on one thing at least....That Bastard Star of ours!
    When people see a DUI checkpoint most people are glad the law is being enforced (except for the idiot who had too many and decided to drive).

If police enforced gun laws like they do alcohol laws people would bitch that they are trying to take their guns away.

And Most people are sheep. I don't want to live in a police state and NO human has the right to impead my travels on public lands.
    Are you serious? So you're against random checkpoints in high DUI areas? That's far from living in a police state.

And yes, the police do have the right to impede your travel if you are driving by car. A license isn't a right.
    I'm with Callen. Completely against random checkpoints. I see it as a violation of the 4th amendment and has no place in this country. It is a completely fascist notion. I understand that the Supremes made it legal in 1990, but it was a hotly debated issue back then and I completely disagree with their ruling that it isn't a violation of a persons protection against illegal search and seizure.Thankfully the Supremes left it up to states to decide, and I live in a state that doesn't allow it.
    a fascist notion is murdering 6 million Jews just cause.

we have random breath tests(RBT) here in Australia. no one think its a violation of any right. driving whilst over the legal limit is a crime here. isn't it over there?.
    if you make the stupid decision to get behind the wheel of a car drunk, putting not only your life but also the lives of others in danger then stiff shit for you if you get caught. better than having to inform ones next of kin youre dead cause you're stupid or informing someone else their child/father/husband/whatever is dead cause some arsehole decided driving whilst drunk was a good idea.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Alcohol kills people at times. This is true. Fat kills people too. So does a sedentary lifestyle. Don't forget the f**king sun too- bastard star that strikes us with cancer. And cars... the big comparison for gun strokers.

Big f**king deal. None of the above items have been designed for the purpose of killing things. Every death that results from the discharge of a firearm marks an event where the gun- as a tool- has performed admirably and served its purpose exactly as designed.

Stop trying to weakly validate guns and their rightful place in society by comparing them to esophagus sized wieners that people choke on and the like. If gun lovers would just say, "F**k you guys. I f**king love my military style assault rifle and shooting the shit out of my empty beer cans up at the landfill. You'll have to pry my 'fancy' gun from my cold dead hands before I give up shooting beer cans at the landfill... f**kers"... I'd have more respect.

Stop trying to convince intelligent people that there is a reasonable argument. There is not. It's not even close. It's not even remotely close. But as I said... most people aren't very smart and most people are very selfish: gun lovers do not need to fear having their guns taken from them. Instead, they can continue to fear hostile governments with devious plans and home invaders that are plotting an invasion of their home likely at this minute.

In my first post I said I wasn't trying to win anyone over. And I did say I shoot oranges and apples that are rotting at my parents orchard and hope to never shoot at anything else. More fun than empty beer cans, and it even helps with the compost.

I was merely pointing out all the attention that guns receive and a major topic at every debate. Why not spend some of that focus on something that kills even more, like drunk driving? Alcohol may not be designed to kill, but more innocent children die from drunk drivers than as a result from a homicide where a gun was used regardless of that fact. Alcohol is designed to impair judgment, and every time someone gets into a car and kills a 5 year old child because they were drunk and couldn't make the right judgment, the alcohol "has performed admirably and served its purpose exactly as designed." What difference does the purpose make? I think a ban on alcohol is extreme, but when was the last time you heard any politician talk about reducing DUI's? But they can't talk for 5 minutes without bringing up guns.

When people see a DUI checkpoint most people are glad the law is being enforced (except for the idiot who had too many and decided to drive).

If police enforced gun laws like they do alcohol laws people would bitch that they are trying to take their guns away.

And Most people are sheep. I don't want to live in a police state and NO human has the right to impead my travels on public lands.
    Are you serious? So you're against random checkpoints in high DUI areas? That's far from living in a police state.

And yes, the police do have the right to impede your travel if you are driving by car. A license isn't a right.
    Are you serious about living in a place where the police can stop you at anytime and fuck with you??? REALLY? Like in China and North Korea?

Cops pull everyone over Into a Church parking lot, file them through check point. Herding the sheep. And many just say bahhhhhh.

Fk that.

and the dwi thing so many are willing to give up their liberty, there's already an avenue, .."probable cause".

............fk imagine being a minority in fkn South Carolina coming up to a road block.

I've never said racism doesn't still exist, especially in my,state. I've never been through a checkpoint and been "herded" through a parking lot. Every single time ive been through one, the entire process took no more than 5 minutes. Seems like a small price to pay in an effort to decrease DUIs. But what do I know? I've only been a fireman for 13 years. I guess I haven't seen enough death yet directly caused by impaired driving.
    Horrible price to pay. Giving up your rights as a free human.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

jeffbr said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

I'm with Callen. Completely against random checkpoints. I see it as a violation of the 4th amendment and has no place in this country. It is a completely fascist notion. I understand that the Supremes made it legal in 1990, but it was a hotly debated issue back then and I completely disagree with their ruling that it isn't a violation of a persons protection against illegal search and seizure.Thankfully the Supremes left it up to states to decide, and I live in a state that doesn't allow it.

we have random breath tests(RBT) here in Australia. no one think its a violation of any right. driving whilst over the legal limit is a crime here. isn't it over there?.
    if you make the stupid decision to get behind the wheel of a car drunk, putting not only your life but also the lives of others in danger then stiff shit for you if you get caught. better than having to inform ones next of kin youre dead cause you're stupid or informing someone else their child/father/husband/whatever is dead cause some arsehole decided driving whilst drunk was a good idea.
    Sad sad sad.

Willing to give up a fundamental right so easily.

And we wonder how Hitler pulled it off.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379
    so a license and a car are a right? is that right? musta missed that in reading the bill of rights.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited May 2016
    mickeyrat said:

so a license and a car are a right? is that right? musta missed that in reading the bill of rights.

Well, they are personal property, falling under illegal search and seizure...
    http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/search-and-seizure-and-the-fourth-amendment.html

I guess you could argue that they are homes on wheels as well if you want to jump back into the 2nd Amendment and discuss the castle doctrine rulings.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    and you must follow direction of traffic control devices. BITCH all you like , the
    courts have ruled

pay attention to news cuz they must be announced. you can then exercise ylur free will to avoid th accordingly.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Are you serious about living in a place where the police can stop you at anytime and fuck with you??? REALLY? Like in China and North Korea?

Cops pull everyone over Into a Church parking lot, file them through check point. Herding the sheep. And many just say bahhhhhh.

Fk that.

and the dwi thing so many are willing to give up their liberty, there's already an avenue, .."probable cause".

............fk imagine being a minority in fkn South Carolina coming up to a road block.

I've never said racism doesn't still exist, especially in my,state. I've never been through a checkpoint and been "herded" through a parking lot. Every single time ive been through one, the entire process took no more than 5 minutes. Seems like a small price to pay in an effort to decrease DUIs. But what do I know? I've only been a fireman for 13 years. I guess I haven't seen enough death yet directly caused by impaired driving.
    I disagree. I'm not giving up any rights by complying with a checkpoint. If you do not want to drive through one, you can certainly take another route. There may be exceptions, but most checkpoints are publicly advertised in newspapers and county websites
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mickeyrat said:

and you must follow direction of traffic control devices. BITCH all you like , the
    courts have ruled

pay attention to news cuz they must be announced. you can then exercise ylur free will to avoid th accordingly.

As with the 2nd Amendment!!! Where have I been, when did this topic become about traffic stops?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

The right to not have another human being impede on your freedom! Being able to force you to do something. Take your time. Resources And that of the police. Directed by government, politicians!

• Options

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Fk that.

I disagree. I'm not giving up any rights by complying with a checkpoint. If you do not want to drive through one, you can certainly take another route. There may be exceptions, but most checkpoints are publicly advertised in newspapers and county websites
    Of course you are. You are giving the government the right to stop you. Search your shit. You gave up your freedoms while not realizing it and gave the "authorities" power to interfere with me.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

courts have ruled

And the courts are many times wrong.

Result of that utterly idiotic belief courts should be balanced. Yeah riiiiight. With conservative corporate zombie Jesus backed judges. Woo hoo.
  • Options
    callen said:

mickeyrat said:

The right to not have another human being impede on your freedom! Being able to force you to do something. Take your time. Resources And that of the police. Directed by government, politicians!

The government and police indirectly directed by the people.

Man, Callen... you talk of living in fear... yet here you oppose routine traffic stops that are placed with the safety of the general public in mind.

If they start stopping cars to discover your political affiliations... let us know and we can have a discussion. Right now... they are trying to make a presence to deter drunks from killing our children- hardly something to frown upon.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited May 2016

callen said:

mickeyrat said:

The government and police indirectly directed by the people.

Man, Callen... you talk of living in fear... yet here you oppose routine traffic stops that are placed with the safety of the general public in mind.

If they start stopping cars to discover your political affiliations... let us know and we can have a discussion. Right now... they are trying to make a presence to deter drunks from killing our children- hardly something to frown upon.
    then sell your car callen. be free from government overreach and tyranny.

• Options
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Fk that.

Of course you are. You are giving the government the right to stop you. Search your shit. You gave up your freedoms while not realizing it and gave the "authorities" power to interfere with me.
    They are not searching me. I've never been searched at a check point.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    I hate the fact that dui checkpoints are announced. What's the difference between that and fish and game looking over my license, gun and harvest when hunting? or checking out my cooler after i fished to make sure I didn't take more/short fish than allowed?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    mcgruff10 said:

I hate the fact that dui checkpoints are announced. What's the difference between that and fish and game looking over my license, gun and harvest when hunting? or checking out my cooler after i fished to make sure I didn't take more/short fish than allowed?

Well that's more of a sustainability issue. If everybody took home 10 trout every time they fished it would seriously deplete the river hence catch and release.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Teen Dad Shot Dead Stepson, 3, Who Wouldn’t Stop Jumping On The Bed

http://time.com/4342861/teen-dad-shoots-stepson-texas/
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/20/furniture-firepower-gun-sales-drive-specialty-concealment-craze.html?intcmp=hpbt3

next on my have to have list...well a Desert Eagle first then a cool headboard that will conceal a shotgun.

Godfather.
  • Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/20/furniture-firepower-gun-sales-drive-specialty-concealment-craze.html?intcmp=hpbt3

next on my have to have list...well a Desert Eagle first then a cool headboard that will conceal a shotgun.

Godfather.
  • Options

Godfather.

You could be just like James Bond.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    callen said:

jeffbr said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Sad sad sad.

so you think its a right to drive drunk?

sad sad sad

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

callen said:

jeffbr said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Sad sad sad.

sad sad sad

I can't tell if you're just reading what you want into this discussion, are intentionally misconstruing what people are saying, or just not understanding, but nobody is condoning drunk driving. Some of us just have a different tolerance level for authoritarian state actions.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Sad sad sad.

sad sad sad

I can't tell if you're just reading what you want into this discussion, are intentionally misconstruing what people are saying, or just not understanding, but nobody is condoning drunk driving. Some of us just have a different tolerance level for authoritarian state actions.
    I have no tolerance for drunk driving. If you feel your rights are being violated by a check point, you can give up your license and take public transportation. Chances are, you will never go through a check point again.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

callen said:

jeffbr said:

callen said:

eddiec said:

mace1229 said:

F**k.

Sad sad sad.

sad sad sad

I have no tolerance for drunk driving. If you feel your rights are being violated by a check point, you can give up your license and take public transportation. Chances are, you will never go through a check point again.
    It's hard enough to keep drunks off the road as it is. We need to support mechanisms designed to safeguard our roads. People need a better perspective: it's not a violation of our rights... it's a proactive measure implemented to keep our roads safe.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Back on topic.....

Louisiana Girl, 5, Fatally Shoots Self While Playing With Gun
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisiana-girl-5-killed-after-apparently-playing-handgun-n578176
  • Options

Back on topic.....

Louisiana Girl, 5, Fatally Shoots Self While Playing With Gun
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisiana-girl-5-killed-after-apparently-playing-handgun-n578176

your point ? or what message are you trying to relay ? gun right's taken away from Americans ?
    or are you saying stricter gun laws would have saved this girls life ? stricter gun laws will not stop an accident like this they only make it harder for responsible gun owners to have gun's and will not affect the criminals, it seems you keep posting this stuff in effort to tell all of us you want guns taken away from everybody.

gun laws are stricter than they ever have been and cities that ban guns still have gun related killings and robberies ......showed them uhh ?

the only people being affected by gun laws are the responsible gun owners, the criminals don't give a shit about strict gun laws, go ahead and search for how well the strict gun laws are helping America I'm sure some politician has drummed up some propaganda malarial to suit the needs of their fear of guns followers.

I'm a responsible gun owner and let me tell you something amigo, I sleep good at night.

Godfather.
  • Options
    stricter in a few select places. Ohios laws are very very loose. minimal at best. thousands go out of state and are later found to have been used in crime elsewhere. thats thousands of initially legal purchases.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    mickeyrat said:

stricter in a few select places. Ohios laws are very very loose. minimal at best. thousands go out of state and are later found to have been used in crime elsewhere. thats thousands of initially legal purchases.

In nj when I buy a gun the serial number is registered under my name. Is it the siniliar in Ohio?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    no. it isn't.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

All guns, at some point during their lifespan, have been legal.

GF... the point is obvious: more guns equals more deaths by guns. Period.
This discussion has been closed.