Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    mcgruff10 said:
    But I thought Sandy Hook didn't happen that it was a false flag event created by President Obama.....

Not a fan of this at all.  What is next, suing Ford after a drunk driving accident?
    Nope, suing the bar.
    Yup, which is already a thing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,026
    mcgruff10 said:
    Doesn’t get any more “responsible” than this.

https://apple.news/ATFVSo-l2Q3WZ_UNohEZy1A
    The gun was locked in his car.  How the kid knew that is beyond me.  The kid has a screw loose.  Can't you see that?
    Does he have a screw loose or was he just another pissed off pre-teen with access to a gun? Is locked in a car an acceptable means of firearm storage? Department policy when not with the firearm?
    Let us know the answers after you find them out.
    Sorry, I’m not your google machine. And I read the full article when I posted it. Maybe one of the “responsible” gun owners on here can speak to whether a firearm locked ina car is an approved, legal or acceptable method of safe firearm storage?

Since it wasn't a rhetorical question, you always answer your own question as to the "responsible" part.  If you're reading about it in a story then most likely not responsible.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    mcgruff10 said:

The gun was locked in his car.  How the kid knew that is beyond me.  The kid has a screw loose.  Can't you see that?
    Does he have a screw loose or was he just another pissed off pre-teen with access to a gun? Is locked in a car an acceptable means of firearm storage? Department policy when not with the firearm?
    Sorry, I’m not your google machine. And I read the full article when I posted it. Maybe one of the “responsible” gun owners on here can speak to whether a firearm locked ina car is an approved, legal or acceptable method of safe firearm storage?

Since it wasn't a rhetorical question, you always answer your own question as to the "responsible" part.  If you're reading about it in a story then most likely not responsible.
    What makes you claim that the kid, "had a screw loose?" The article stated "behavior issues in school." Does that now equate to "having a screw loose?"

As for responsibility, its spouted ceaselessly by the pro-gun crowd that the majority of gun owners are "responsible." I counter that they are until they're not by posting newsworthy articles of "responsibility" and its consequences. The pro-gun crowd rails that because the majority of gun owners are "responsible," additional or expanded gun laws are unnecessary and would be a violation of their rights under the 2A. Further, when those "responsible" gun owners do do stupid shit with their guns, like in the articles I link to, the "responsible" gun owner is very rarely held to account, so I beg to differ. While the state police patrolman in the Shangra La of Indianer most likely won't suffer any legal consequences of failing to secure his firearm in a safe and "responsible" manner, because Indianer doesn't have a safe firearm storage law, he seemingly failed to follow the guidelines his employer reminds all gun owners to follow when possessing a firearm, particularly when children are present or in the household. As such, I'd argue that not only was the trooper a "responsible" gun owner, he's also a "responsible" parent.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

What makes you claim that the kid, "had a screw loose?" The article stated "behavior issues in school." Does that now equate to "having a screw loose?"

As for responsibility, its spouted ceaselessly by the pro-gun crowd that the majority of gun owners are "responsible." I counter that they are until they're not by posting newsworthy articles of "responsibility" and its consequences. The pro-gun crowd rails that because the majority of gun owners are "responsible," additional or expanded gun laws are unnecessary and would be a violation of their rights under the 2A. Further, when those "responsible" gun owners do do stupid shit with their guns, like in the articles I link to, the "responsible" gun owner is very rarely held to account, so I beg to differ. While the state police patrolman in the Shangra La of Indianer most likely won't suffer any legal consequences of failing to secure his firearm in a safe and "responsible" manner, because Indianer doesn't have a safe firearm storage law, he seemingly failed to follow the guidelines his employer reminds all gun owners to follow when possessing a firearm, particularly when children are present or in the household. As such, I'd argue that not only was the trooper a "responsible" gun owner, he's also a "responsible" parent.
    Shooting someone over video games?  It's premeditated as he had to go out to the car to retrieve the firearm. That's having a screw loose.

There isn't a single statistic, article, meme. gif or conversation that I could have with you that would ever sway your view on firearms.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

Shooting someone over video games?  It's premeditated as he had to go out to the car to retrieve the firearm. That's having a screw loose.

There isn't a single statistic, article, meme. gif or conversation that I could have with you that would ever sway your view on firearms.

So the state trooper bears no “responsibility?” Guess he should have just left the gun on the kitchen table, loaded with a round in the chamber?

And no amount of posting articles about “responsible” gun owners will convince the pro-gun crowd to stop paying their NRA dues or vote for candidates who support sensible gun control legislation. And I hope your reference to having “a screw loose” isn’t a reference to mental illness as if it is, you’re denigrating the majority of those with mental illness. Can you clarify?

And to your last statement, correct. Although I’d be willing to bet that if we discussed the topic in full, there’d be common ground.

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

So the state trooper bears no “responsibility?” Guess he should have just left the gun on the kitchen table, loaded with a round in the chamber?

And no amount of posting articles about “responsible” gun owners will convince the pro-gun crowd to stop paying their NRA dues or vote for candidates who support sensible gun control legislation. And I hope your reference to having “a screw loose” isn’t a reference to mental illness as if it is, you’re denigrating the majority of those with mental illness. Can you clarify?

And to your last statement, correct. Although I’d be willing to bet that if we discussed the topic in full, there’d be common ground.

I've come to realize that there is no common ground or compromise with you, so no.

You can google the term screw loose.  

I'm sure your mention of "Indianer" wasn't meant to be poking fun at the people in Indiana as hicks or backwoods people or anything, would it?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I've come to realize that there is no common ground or compromise with you, so no.

You can google the term screw loose.  

I'm sure your mention of "Indianer" wasn't meant to be poking fun at the people in Indiana as hicks or backwoods people or anything, would it?
    Well, that’s too bad. But it is funny to me how you direct me to google rather than explain it yourself and as for Indianer? I don’t know, I’ve never been there but I do know that they have lax gun laws, hence the issues in Chicago and a poster on here thought it was an idelic place to live in peace. Maybe Mike Pence can explain? But I do know the Colts suck in the NFL, hiring a tea bagger to be their QB and hanging banners after one something or other. Guess I might just assume “screw loose” has a broad definition, then?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mcgruff10 said:
    But I thought Sandy Hook didn't happen that it was a false flag event created by President Obama.....

Not a fan of this at all.  What is next, suing Ford after a drunk driving accident?
    Completely agree, makes no sense to me at all.
    In order for a lawsuit to be successful, wouldn't the defendant have to have done something wrong? I have never heard anything suggesting that Remington did anything illegal or against protocol. No matter how much someone hates guns, there's no evidence Remington has did anything to cause this. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Completely agree, makes no sense to me at all.
    In order for a lawsuit to be successful, wouldn't the defendant have to have done something wrong? I have never heard anything suggesting that Remington did anything illegal or against protocol. No matter how much someone hates guns, there's no evidence Remington has did anything to cause this. 
    Yeah, it’s a bit ridiculous.  In regards to the similarity of a bar being sued for serving someone they should not have, the more appropriate comparison would be suing the maker of the alcohol for a person driving drunk and killing...does that make any sense at all?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    A more apt comparison is suing tobacco companies for the health impacts of smoking.... And most seem to think that was justified.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    A more apt comparison is suing tobacco companies for the health impacts of smoking.... And most seem to think that was justified.
    I don’t think that is justified either.  The marketing to kids maybe, but to sue the company for something you chose to partake in...knowing the risks...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don’t think that is justified either.  The marketing to kids maybe, but to sue the company for something you chose to partake in...knowing the risks...
    K. But most people seem fine with it, that's all I'm saying. I actually don't agree with it either... I also don't give a shit, really. I feel the same about the gun thing. Fuck the gun manufacturers - I am against guns enough to not give a flying if the manufacturers get sued.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    K. But most people seem fine with it, that's all I'm saying. I actually don't agree with it either... I also don't give a shit, really. I feel the same about the gun thing. Fuck the gun manufacturers - I am against guns enough to not give a flying if the manufacturers get sued.
    You are right, but people are usually fine with this stuff until the precedent is used in a manner that they do not agree with.  From what I can tell with this lawsuit, it is about the way they marketed (haven’t read the details), so it may be “more” in line with some of the cigarette company lawsuits.  I do think some gun companies’ marketing is borderline ridiculous, but I’m not sure how that specifically lead to the shooting...which is what I believe they are going to have to prove, but I could be wrong.  
  • Options
    The Tobacco thing to me is way different.  They spent billions of dollars concocting additives to make it addicting, kind of like the pharmaceuticals now.

No advertising or concoction is making people want to buy guns and go shoot up people/places, and please don't say the NRA is.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,646

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mcgruff10 said:

you're not his google machine? didn't you ask the original question? That's pretty rich. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mcgruff10 said:

you're not his google machine? didn't you ask the original question? That's pretty rich. LOL
    That he did lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That he did lol
    You’re a gun owner, right? Is storing them in a locked vehicle an acceptable and “responsible” firearm storage method? There, I asked you a direct question. LOL.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That he did lol
    You’re a gun owner, right? Is storing them in a locked vehicle an acceptable and “responsible” firearm storage method? There, I asked you a direct question. LOL.

If you don’t have some sort of trigger lock on it especially with kids then it is a no go for me.  But how messed up is your kid that they broke into your police vehicle because you took away their play station?! Can a policeman lock up their work firearm?  (I have no clue, honest question)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    A leader, a government,  a country that knows how to be sensible and do the right thing......

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    More people were killed in Chistchurch by that one guy in a couple of hours then are murdered in ALL of NZ in a whole year.
    Read that again America
    And then again
    And let's be sure to do NOTHING in regards to stricter gun control.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    More people were killed in Chistchurch by that one guy in a couple of hours then are murdered in ALL of NZ in a whole year.
    Read that again America
    And then again
    And let's be sure to do NOTHING in regards to stricter gun control.
    Yeah I will never understand. I mean there are a lot of issues that need fixed to stop this...but the first and easiest step should be separating killing machines from people. The next is to ensure ownership of other, lesser weapons is well tracked and understood. Along with that, strict standards on how people must control these weapons and very strict penalties should you not.

Then you can go after the mental health issue and hate issues. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I know the pic is used to grab attention but it always bothers me when the topic is about a specific firearm and not a one can be spotted in the bunch.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    edited March 2019
    I know the pic is used to grab attention but it always bothers me when the topic is about a specific firearm and not a one can be spotted in the bunch.
    lol ok 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    That is an interesting point.  Most, if not all, in that photo just look like your run of the mill hunting rifle and shotgun.  No AR-15s in a photo promoting banning AR-15s, weird...?
This discussion has been closed.