Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    this seems to be a gunfight over stupid shit.

not that the festival was a target.
    That's what i figured.  
    I am sure the shooter went through all the proper background checks, fingerprinted, got a referral from his boss and had a current firearms id card.
    Scruffy are you being sarcastic?
    But of course (although that is what you actually have to go through in nj to get a firearm).  He was a known gang member who just got out of jail for homicide; legally he can't even own a firearm.

Just checking.

Are you rocking the high seas these days?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  
    I am sure the shooter went through all the proper background checks, fingerprinted, got a referral from his boss and had a current firearms id card.
    But of course (although that is what you actually have to go through in nj to get a firearm).  He was a known gang member who just got out of jail for homicide; legally he can't even own a firearm.

I’d be willing to bet that gun laws weren’t even on the gangsta’s radar. 

Yeah I believe he had an extended mag which are illegal in the people's republic of new jersey.
    PJpower you'll love this: nj just changed their tight gun laws yet again to 10 rounds max.  So I know have to either forfeit all my 15 round mags or pay to get them blocked.  I hate this state.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Yeah I believe he had an extended mag which are illegal in the people's republic of new jersey.
    PJpower you'll love this: nj just changed their tight gun laws yet again to 10 rounds max.  So I know have to either forfeit all my 15 round mags or pay to get them blocked.  I hate this state.
    I’m sure all residents are good little law abiding citizens like you and will comply with those magazine laws.  How are the authorities going to even know who is complying and who is not?  I’m guessing they are not going door to door checking everything everyone owns...I bet it makes someone feel good, though.  Gotta pander to the gun control crowd’s feelings now and then when not actually doing anything to make a difference.   

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

I’m sure all residents are good little law abiding citizens like you and will comply with those magazine laws.  How are the authorities going to even know who is complying and who is not?  I’m guessing they are not going door to door checking everything everyone owns...I bet it makes someone feel good, though.  Gotta pander to the gun control crowd’s feelings now and then when not actually doing anything to make a difference.   

Exactly, it's such a dumb feel good law.  I'll just buy new mags for the range.  
  • Options
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

That is why I am a big proponent of H-Bombs for all.  If criminals can get their hands on them, we might as well make them legal then.  Same with bank robberies.  Criminals do them so let's just make it legal for all.  Give me your address and I'm going to steal your TV and valuables since that is currently illegal, but in your world there is no need for laws if people just break them.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Just mark the old ones as 458 SOCOM mags, lol. 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

That is why I am a big proponent of H-Bombs for all.  If criminals can get their hands on them, we might as well make them legal then.  Same with bank robberies.  Criminals do them so let's just make it legal for all.  Give me your address and I'm going to steal your TV and valuables since that is currently illegal, but in your world there is no need for laws if people just break them.
    No, I understand the need for laws, just not ones that absolutely cannot be enforced.
    Also not a fan of laws that essentially turn someone into a criminal for possession of something they purchased legally.  Thanks again captain exaggeration.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Will do! lol
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Will do! lol
    I think they even sell stickers to distinguish your 10 round .458 mags from your 30 round .223 mags.  Don’t want those to get mixed up, lol

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

No, I understand the need for laws, just not ones that absolutely cannot be enforced.
    Also not a fan of laws that essentially turn someone into a criminal for possession of something they purchased legally.  Thanks again captain exaggeration.
    You only support laws when they conveniently line with your opinion.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Here's a quick pro tip, when someone commits a crime with a banned weapon or accessory they will probably have added charges and jail time. Does that make you feel better?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Here's a quick pro tip, when someone commits a crime with a banned weapon or accessory they will probably have added charges and jail time. Does that make you feel better?
    I have zero problem with that.  I do have a problem that these new laws have effectively made hundreds of thousands of gun owners criminals after they were purchased legally. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

I have zero problem with that.  I do have a problem that these new laws have effectively made hundreds of thousands of gun owners criminals after they were purchased legally. 
    Is there any kind of buyback program? And if there is not I'm sure they give you a certain window of time to turn in the weapons/accessories to comply with the law. If they don't then I could see why people would be pissed.

• Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Is there any kind of buyback program? And if there is not I'm sure they give you a certain window of time to turn in the weapons/accessories to comply with the law. If they don't then I could see why people would be pissed.

No buyback program bud. If I want to block the mag to 10 rounds it cost $20 a mag. Some magazines you can block and others you can not so they are useless. I believe I have three months but I am not sure of it.
    Some of these mags cost me a pretty penny so I am definitely not happy.  

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

And do you support laws that are not in line with your opinion?  Lol

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,751
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

No buyback program bud. If I want to block the mag to 10 rounds it cost $20 a mag. Some magazines you can block and others you can not so they are useless. I believe I have three months but I am not sure of it.

can those be resold out of state through  a dealer?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Exactly!  I know we were joking about I earlier, but what about calibers that use the same mags (.458 socom and .223)?  If it were labeled a .458 SOCOM mag, would it be legal since it can only hold 10 rounds of that caliber?  There are so many loopholes...but if it makes people feel good, then I guess it is a good law.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

can those be resold out of state through  a dealer?
    Yeah I'm sure I could just sell them on eBay (which actually might be a good idea).
  • Options

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Exactly!  I know we were joking about I earlier, but what about calibers that use the same mags (.458 socom and .223)?  If it were labeled a .458 SOCOM mag, would it be legal since it can only hold 10 rounds of that caliber?  There are so many loopholes...but if it makes people feel good, then I guess it is a good law.
    I would think that it would be legal.  I have an ithaca .22 lr that my grandmother gave my grandfather before entering the service during ww2 (made around 1942)...it is a tubular magazine that holds 15 rounds.  I'm guessing I have to turn that in (which is complete bs)?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  
    it was a gang member shooting at a rival gang. don't try to equate this with a kid taking his parents guns to school and shooting up his classmates.    of course those parents were law abiding gun owners

the question that should be asked in the Trenton case is who thought it was a good idea to have an all-night festival in a warehouse in t he heart of Trenton NJ? 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

I would think that it would be legal.  I have an ithaca .22 lr that my grandmother gave my grandfather before entering the service during ww2 (made around 1942)...it is a tubular magazine that holds 15 rounds.  I'm guessing I have to turn that in (which is complete bs)?
    Yikes, I haven’t read your new law, but are you sure it does not just apply to detachable mags (no tubular)?  Sorry you are having to “try” to comply with poorly constructed feel good laws.  What is keeping you in NJ?  Texas has plenty of opportunities and you would not be a criminal here, lol

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

And do you support laws that are not in line with your opinion?  Lol

The dude abides.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  
    it was a gang member shooting at a rival gang. don't try to equate this with a kid taking his parents guns to school and shooting up his classmates.    of course those parents were law abiding gun owners

the question that should be asked in the Trenton case is who thought it was a good idea to have an all-night festival in a warehouse in t he heart of Trenton NJ? 
    I'm totally not trying to equate this to a school shooting.  
    And you are 100% right, who decided to have an all night festival in the middle of trenton?  Nothing good happens at 3am.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Yikes, I haven’t read your new law, but are you sure it does not just apply to detachable mags (no tubular)?  Sorry you are having to “try” to comply with poorly constructed feel good laws.  What is keeping you in NJ?  Texas has plenty of opportunities and you would not be a criminal here, lol

My family keeps me here. I'm remarried so I have partial custody for my son.  There is no way I could move away from him.  But when they get older I do plan on moving out west somewhere.  I still have to visit Texas!  What is a good place to start?
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,595
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

My family keeps me here. I'm remarried so I have partial custody for my son.  There is no way I could move away from him.  But when they get older I do plan on moving out west somewhere.  I still have to visit Texas!  What is a good place to start?
    Next to the fertilizer warehouse that the realtor can’t legally tell you might explode, never mind that it’s next door 

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Really depends on what you are looking for.  Great thing about Texas is that there are mountains, canyons, flatlands, forests, beaches, wetlands, and everything in between :).  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Off topic.. but here's the thing about the west, in my experience.  And this is particularly true of the coastal west (not TX).  CA gets a bad rap from conservatives for lots of reasons (I guess it's bad to have the 6th largest economy in the world), but there is one thing that I really like after having worked with west coast people a lot.  

On the East coast, where I've lived all my life, including metro DC, people define themselves by their job.  On the west coast, I find that people define themselves by what they do with their free time.  In other words, a job is simply a facilitator for a better, more fulfilling life.  I think it's damn true that east coasters do define themselves by work.  I think the west coasters have got it right in this case and that's really appealing to me.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

Off topic.. but here's the thing about the west, in my experience.  And this is particularly true of the coastal west (not TX).  CA gets a bad rap from conservatives for lots of reasons (I guess it's bad to have the 6th largest economy in the world), but there is one thing that I really like after having worked with west coast people a lot.  

On the East coast, where I've lived all my life, including metro DC, people define themselves by their job.  On the west coast, I find that people define themselves by what they do with their free time.  In other words, a job is simply a facilitator for a better, more fulfilling life.  I think it's damn true that east coasters do define themselves by work.  I think the west coasters have got it right in this case and that's really appealing to me.  
    I have never thought about it that way, but I do think that is pretty true outside of agriculture (farmers/ranchers are usually pretty defined by those roles).  In Austin, though, many people go to work in their swimsuits and hit the springs as soon as they get off.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's what i figured.  

I never thought of it that way but you are right.  My next trip out west is gonna be either montana, idaho or wyoming.
    I absolutely love california (been there about 8 times) but despise los angeles and the surrounding areas.
This discussion has been closed.