America's Gun Violence

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Great so when can I expect to be able to carry out in open !

What are you talking about? In some states people have been able to carry out in the open for years. Although, judging by your picture, if you consume marijuana you are currently not legally allowed to purchase or own a firearm and cannot legally open carry anywhere.
    I figured you gun lovers will want to be able to carry in every state , so they drug test people before you can purchase a gun ?
    You can legally carry in pretty much every state if you follow the laws of those states. They do not drug test you before you can purchase a gun, but if you are going to lie on a federal document then that is your prerogative. If you are a holder of a medicinal marijuana card, it would be pretty easy for the Feds to prosecute you if they so chose. I think this has been quite the topic of controversy lately.
    Everyone can physically purchase or carry firearms anywhere they choose, only law abiding citizens will do so in a legal manner.
    You have a weed icon as your profile pic, and have made public statements about marijuana consumption...so there is that. If a prosecutor needed to prove you lied on a federal document or needed a warrant to have you drug tested for whatever gun related reason...you have made it pretty easy for them to do so.
    Now back to your question,"When can I expect to be able to carry out on the open"...are you asking about yourself from a legal perspective?
    So they are okay with drunks walking around with guns, but god forbid someone who uses medical marijuana has one! Makes sense. :neutral:
    Generally there are laws that prohibit the mix of alcohol and carrying but trust me when I say that the community comes down on those that do it.
    I'm sure that form doesn't ask people if they drink, forcing those who do use alcohol to lie on a federal form.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

What are you talking about? In some states people have been able to carry out in the open for years. Although, judging by your picture, if you consume marijuana you are currently not legally allowed to purchase or own a firearm and cannot legally open carry anywhere.
    I figured you gun lovers will want to be able to carry in every state , so they drug test people before you can purchase a gun ?
    You can legally carry in pretty much every state if you follow the laws of those states. They do not drug test you before you can purchase a gun, but if you are going to lie on a federal document then that is your prerogative. If you are a holder of a medicinal marijuana card, it would be pretty easy for the Feds to prosecute you if they so chose. I think this has been quite the topic of controversy lately.
    Everyone can physically purchase or carry firearms anywhere they choose, only law abiding citizens will do so in a legal manner.
    You have a weed icon as your profile pic, and have made public statements about marijuana consumption...so there is that. If a prosecutor needed to prove you lied on a federal document or needed a warrant to have you drug tested for whatever gun related reason...you have made it pretty easy for them to do so.
    Now back to your question,"When can I expect to be able to carry out on the open"...are you asking about yourself from a legal perspective?
    So they are okay with drunks walking around with guns, but god forbid someone who uses medical marijuana has one! Makes sense. :neutral:
    Generally there are laws that prohibit the mix of alcohol and carrying but trust me when I say that the community comes down on those that do it.
    I'm sure that form doesn't ask people if they drink, forcing those who do use alcohol to lie on a federal form.
    What form are we talking about? ATF 4473?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,451
    PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

If this schmuck is your PM, you may not post in this forum, lmao j/k
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/after-justin-trudeau-praises-fidel-castro-twitter-surges-with-trudeaueulogies-20161127-gsyqd5.html
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/27/world/justin-trudeau-castro-eulogy-parody/index.html

Where do they grow these types?
    Oh, Canada. lol

That is probably the dumbest reply I have ever seen in my life. Wtf is the link? And why in the fuck does it matter?
    he's had many just as stupid. you are best to ignore this one.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Looks like a Somalian(?) Student at OSU used his car and a knife to attack those people. The only gun used was by the cop.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

Looks like a Somalian(?) Student at OSU used his car and a knife to attack those people. The only gun used was by the cop.

and the media is uber upset he didn't have a gun wit a high round capacity clip
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

I'd have to look at the form again, but it is illegal to carry while intoxicated with alcohol or anything else. I'm trying to remember what it worded about being "addicted to or abusing".
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Dont forget "high powered" and "designed to kill".
    unsung said:

High capacity barrel shroud with a retractable flash button, lol
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,085
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Yeah your right I'll just go to the black market or gun show and just buy what ever gun I want they'll be lucky if I even give them legit documentation , I can get any fake document I need SSC , Drivers License !
    Once again, if you are going to break the law...then that is your personal prerogative. Sounds like you are now conspiring to participate in a felony. Maybe we should create some more laws for you to break! I think that what it boils down to is that the responsibility to not break the law is your own.
    Stop it I guess you don't know me I'm totally against guns I've never ever been in a cop car let alone arrested never ever shot a living thing or dead for that matter , I dont believe in guns !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Yeah your right I'll just go to the black market or gun show and just buy what ever gun I want they'll be lucky if I even give them legit documentation , I can get any fake document I need SSC , Drivers License !
    Once again, if you are going to break the law...then that is your personal prerogative. Sounds like you are now conspiring to participate in a felony. Maybe we should create some more laws for you to break! I think that what it boils down to is that the responsibility to not break the law is your own.
    Stop it I guess you don't know me I'm totally against guns I've never ever been in a cop car let alone arrested never ever shot a living thing or dead for that matter , I dont believe in guns !
    Right on, is it safe to say that you were just trolling then?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,085
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Yeah I'm guilty of it , go ahead carry on ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,934
    edited November 2016
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

The "community"? That's too funny. But I guess we'll trust you on that one since there's no real evidence of it.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Yeah I'm guilty of it , go ahead carry on ...
    No harm no foul, sometimes a person's gotta do a little trollin, lol
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

almost forgot sole purpose to mow down infants

rssesq said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

One trigger pull equals 1 million multi caliber ghost bullets all at once...
    unsung said:

I'd bet those same phrases are on signs advertising products at gun conventions.

www.headstonesband.com

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,934
    PJPOWER said:

rssesq said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

One trigger pull equals 1 million multi caliber ghost bullets all at once...
    We all love our toys.
    and he who dies with the most....

unsung said:

I'd bet those same phrases are on signs advertising products at gun conventions.
    No your party just uses it when they are standing on graves raising funds for their radical agenda.
  • rssesq said:

Looks like a Somalian(?) Student at OSU used his car and a knife to attack those people. The only gun used was by the cop.

and the media is uber upset he didn't have a gun wit a high round capacity clip
    I didn't see that. Can you reference a video or an article showing how upset the media is?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    unsung said:

unsung said:

No your party just uses it when they are standing on graves raising funds for their radical agenda.
    Tell me again which party is mine?

www.headstonesband.com

• Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited November 2016
    Carry on belittling those that see a problem for what it is... and keep washing that blood from your hands perpetuating it.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited November 2016

Carry on belittling those that see a problem for what it is... and keep washing that blood from your hands perpetuating it.

The problem is that many politicians don't know what the fuck they are talking about and should not be trying to create laws based on their ignorance. I will continue mocking them, thanks.
  • PJPOWER said:

The problem is that many politicians don't know what the fuck they are talking about and should not be trying to create laws based on their ignorance. I will continue mocking them, thanks.
    The problem is also that many people don't know what the fuck they are talking about as well and stymieing progress with their ignorance.

PJPOWER said:

The problem is also that many people don't know what the fuck they are talking about as well and stymieing progress with their ignorance.
    Amen, brotha!
  • PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Amen, brotha!
    lol

I think I'd like you.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Amen, brotha!
    lol

I think I'd like you.
    I'm a pretty cool dude when I'm not anonymously venting on online forums, lol
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,240
    Every time gun control comes up, I always see the same misconceptions. From my experience as a gun owner and knowing a lot of other gun owners, I would say the following is true for 99% of gun owners:
    We want gun control. No gun owners want just anyone to go and buy a gun.
    We are fine with reasonable restrictions.
    We don't think Obama (or the next democratic president) is going to come in our house and take our guns.

Background checks are good. No one wants a violent criminal owning a gun. But sometimes the process is just stupid. In California a safety test is required every 2 years. Good in theory, but the test is so stupid a well-trained monkey can pass it. With a state fee and a retailer fee to administer it, it is often seen as just a deterrent to purchasing a gun more than implementing safety rules. When purchasing multiple guns in a single order, often multiple background checks are required on the same person. What is the point in that? Again, the fee associated with that is often seen as just another deterrent.

Many of the gun restrictions are pointless. Many (not all) of the restrictions would not prevent a single crime, but are truly based on some politician's uneducated guess on how to make guns safer (or, more likely, harder even for a law-abiding citizen to obtain). Some features of a gun are banned based on their looks, and not their functionality. Just stupid. Limiting the purchases to 1 new gun per month. Maybe sounds reasonable at first, until you realize I can buy 1 gun a month all year, but if I don't buy any guns all year and there's a good black friday special, I cannot buy 2 of them to give to my 2 sons. Or what's even more dumb, I can buy 50 used guns, but only 1 new one, as if the used ones are less deadly? They just don't make sense, or were written with little thought. Most often they are though to be designed to hurt gun manufacture's, so they stop making and selling guns without changing the 2nd amendment. Other gun restrictions are a result of gun manufactures refusal to pay for the right to sell a gun in CA, since no other state requires it. Again, usually seen as a deterrent or money-making opportunity than actually dealing with the gun problem.

No one will come and take our guns. But the most realistic concern related to this, that has already started to take form, are restrictions on ammo that make it so expensive no one will be able to afford it. Restrictions and regulations that prohibit the sale of online ammo and limit the amount of ammo that can be purchased has already been challenged in California. And you may think "who needs 500 rounds?" Just like everything else, ammo is a lot cheaper online and in bulk. A box of 50 rounds may cost $25, while a box of 500 rounds online may be only $100. And if you take 3 or 4 friends shooting for an afternoon, you can go through 500 rounds in 2 hours of target shooting. A push to serialize ammo will increase the cost. I believe California just passed a law restricting re-loading ammo. My dad owns several unique collector guns that if you happen to find ammo it is $2-$3 a round (and it is very difficult to find even at that price). Many people rely on reloading, especially for ammo that is just too ridiculous to buy
    mace1229 said:

Every time gun control comes up, I always see the same misconceptions. From my experience as a gun owner and knowing a lot of other gun owners, I would say the following is true for 99% of gun owners:
    We want gun control. No gun owners want just anyone to go and buy a gun.
    We are fine with reasonable restrictions.
    We don't think Obama (or the next democratic president) is going to come in our house and take our guns.

Background checks are good. No one wants a violent criminal owning a gun. But sometimes the process is just stupid. In California a safety test is required every 2 years. Good in theory, but the test is so stupid a well-trained monkey can pass it. With a state fee and a retailer fee to administer it, it is often seen as just a deterrent to purchasing a gun more than implementing safety rules. When purchasing multiple guns in a single order, often multiple background checks are required on the same person. What is the point in that? Again, the fee associated with that is often seen as just another deterrent.

Many of the gun restrictions are pointless. Many (not all) of the restrictions would not prevent a single crime, but are truly based on some politician's uneducated guess on how to make guns safer (or, more likely, harder even for a law-abiding citizen to obtain). Some features of a gun are banned based on their looks, and not their functionality. Just stupid. Limiting the purchases to 1 new gun per month. Maybe sounds reasonable at first, until you realize I can buy 1 gun a month all year, but if I don't buy any guns all year and there's a good black friday special, I cannot buy 2 of them to give to my 2 sons. Or what's even more dumb, I can buy 50 used guns, but only 1 new one, as if the used ones are less deadly? They just don't make sense, or were written with little thought. Most often they are though to be designed to hurt gun manufacture's, so they stop making and selling guns without changing the 2nd amendment. Other gun restrictions are a result of gun manufactures refusal to pay for the right to sell a gun in CA, since no other state requires it. Again, usually seen as a deterrent or money-making opportunity than actually dealing with the gun problem.

No one will come and take our guns. But the most realistic concern related to this, that has already started to take form, are restrictions on ammo that make it so expensive no one will be able to afford it. Restrictions and regulations that prohibit the sale of online ammo and limit the amount of ammo that can be purchased has already been challenged in California. And you may think "who needs 500 rounds?" Just like everything else, ammo is a lot cheaper online and in bulk. A box of 50 rounds may cost $25, while a box of 500 rounds online may be only $100. And if you take 3 or 4 friends shooting for an afternoon, you can go through 500 rounds in 2 hours of target shooting. A push to serialize ammo will increase the cost. I believe California just passed a law restricting re-loading ammo. My dad owns several unique collector guns that if you happen to find ammo it is $2-$3 a round (and it is very difficult to find even at that price). Many people rely on reloading, especially for ammo that is just too ridiculous to buy

that 99% is nowhere near indicitive of the percentage of folks on this website that believe the democrats are vying for your guns. unless this fanclub is a massively gross exaggeration of that perception, I'd say that figure is quite high.

the rest of what you say I can get down with.

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,366
    Mace, you can't reload in California?! Wtf? Where is the rationale behind that.
    Otherwise great post.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.