Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,036
    Pearl Jam should not promote the slaughter and eating of animals. In newsletters or anywhere else. 
    Repugnant ethical compass. 

Nothing worse than people telling strangers how to live their lives. 
    Well, some people would just walk past e.g. a stranger beating up his child or wife in public with that same thinking you have.

Nothing worse than that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    This is cool, actually using the "european" shop. But they should have that shop in a country that didn't leave the EU. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,808
    Pearl Jam should not promote the slaughter and eating of animals. In newsletters or anywhere else. 

Well, some people would just walk past e.g. a stranger beating up his child or wife in public with that same thinking you have.

Nothing worse than that.
    Yes… good equivocation.  Because these are definitely very similar things you just compared.  I admire your commitment to bringing negativity here everyday.  Sometimes I don’t see a post from you and I say to myself… maybe today’s the day he takes a day off.  But nope… before too long you drop us a gem.  You are the Cal Ripken of negativity! 🫡
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• $35.40 US to ship to the US.  I feel the pain I often read about from the overseas fans!
    it's all about you...
  • $35.40 US to ship to the US.  I feel the pain I often read about from the overseas fans!

That's for a football jersey, sticker, and pin.

it's all about you...
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,237

Nothing worse than that.
    Or even worse, if some people witnessed an alien abduction and did nothing to stop it!!!
    This is cool, actually using the "european" shop. But they should have that shop in a country that didn't leave the EU. 
    The country is literally in “Europe,” which has been recognized as a continent since the 8th century, so it’s totally appropriate to call it the “European Shop.”

The European Union on the other hand, didn’t exist until 1993, which is around 1,300 years later. 

Imagine thinking Europe didn’t exist until 1993.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,408
    You make a good point 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,670
    Cool with the Wreckage video
    I miss igotid88
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,269
    edited August 10
    All the main merchandise companies (Probity Merch are about the largest) have their European bases in England. So bound to be sold from here. Same with Foo Fighters, QOTSA, etc.

Agree though that they could rename it U.K. store 
  • ThePietThePiet Posts: 21
    However, apart from Europe's temporal history, it is a fact that the UK's (stupid) exit from the EU will result in customs duties and import sales tax. So it's basically a stupid idea to have a store in the UK if you only serve mainland Europe.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,217

😂😂😂

“Repugnant”???  Because they posted some recipes?  WTF 🤦‍♂️

😂😂😂

Spiritual Chaos despises meat eaters. He despises them as he rides comfortably in his leather seat, every time he flies the friendly skies, 40,000 feet above. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,796
    The next newsletter comes out on a Tuesday.

Big things (used to) happen here on Tuesday.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,217

😂😂😂

Spiritual Chaos despises meat eaters. He despises them as he rides comfortably in his leather seat, every time he flies the friendly skies, 40,000 feet above. 
    If that’s true he ain’t gonna like me much then because I fucking love meat.  In fact, just had an absolutely delicious steak for dinner tonight. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,287
    What's the First nation word for vegetarian? Bad hunters.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,219
    edited August 11

So you would take laws against murder, theft, assault, etc., off the books because we shouldn't tell others how to live their lives? I guess you wouldn't have been much of a fan of abolitionists back in the day, telling strangers how to live their lives back when certain kinds of people were treated as chattel, like animals? Maybe in 150 years humanity will look back on our treatment of other animals with the same horror that we look back on our treatment of other people 150 years ago.

Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.

😂😂😂

This is absurd, both as a "gotcha" and also because many airlines don't even have leather seats.
  • halvhalv Posts: 697

😂😂😂

How does he have any choice of what airline seats are made of? What a ridiculous statement. 

Seems to me he’s asking Pearl Jam to show some consistency with their moral outrage. They preach environmentalism while promoting meat which is environmentally devastating. They preach decency and kindness while promoting food that literally tortures and kills sentient animals. 

on2legs said:

Nothing worse than that.
    Yes… good equivocation.  Because these are definitely very similar things you just compared.  
    Well, if your point is that people and animals are different, I agree. One way they're different is that people have the capacity to recognize the suffering of animals and make ethical choices not to participate in that suffering.

I should say that I'm a vegetarian (obviously) and, these posts notwithstanding, I don't try to convert people to vegetarianism. If someone asks me why I decided to stop eating meat, I will tell them. It's a personal choice that people have to come to, if they're going to come to it, through their own experience and their own ethics. I do think that a lot of people remain willfully ignorant of the treatment of the animals that end up on their plates, and that's unfortunate.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,408
    Each to their own
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    BF25394 said:

😂😂😂

This is absurd, both as a "gotcha" and also because many airlines don't even have leather seats.
    The steering wheels are definitely leather. Gotta stick to your principles, not just when it’s convenient!
    BF25394 said:

So you would take laws against murder, theft, assault, etc., off the books because we shouldn't tell others how to live their lives? I guess you wouldn't have been much of a fan of abolitionists back in the day, telling strangers how to live their lives back when certain kinds of people were treated as chattel, like animals? Maybe in 150 years humanity will look back on our treatment of other animals with the same horror that we look back on our treatment of other people 150 years ago.

Why are you assuming these animals were murdered and didn’t die of natural causes? 

Always assuming the worst in people. Maybe the cow had a heart attack. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,569
    BF25394 said:

Why are you assuming these animals were murdered and didn’t die of natural causes? 

Always assuming the worst in people. Maybe the cow had a heart attack. 
    From too much red meat in her diet.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 169
    Great to see Pearl Jam Scotland get a mention,they have done some great charity work for years.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 90,665
    The next newsletter comes out on a Tuesday.

Big things (used to) happen here on Tuesday.
    Those were the days. 
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 456
    According to musicglue-customer service, the shop uses the ioss-system. So there should be no additional import charges for orders to the EU below 150 EUR.

Still crazy shipping costs to the EU though. 40 EUR to ship the vault record. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,022
    BF25394 said:

Vegetarians doing their part to reinforce the earned reputation of vegetarians 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,022
    Maybe in 150 years carrots will evolve to grow vocal cards and you'll understand the true depth of suffering you're causing 
    edited August 12
    The country is literally in “Europe,” which has been recognized as a continent since the 8th century, so it’s totally appropriate to call it the “European Shop.”

The European Union on the other hand, didn’t exist until 1993, which is around 1,300 years later. 

Imagine thinking Europe didn’t exist until 1993.
    In this context, what a completely moot and pointless post. Bravo