Options

The Reading Festival PJ love camp!!!

Comments

• Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    for people travelling just for the sunday and in need of accommodation, I'm staying at the local travel lodge with AMENt TO THAT and wash_ on the saturday and sunday. It's best to try and get a group of three in a room for costs and at the moment it's £51 for a three person room. It looks very Alan Partridge! which is a good thing as you never know when a trouser press might come in handy........ :)

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/65/ReadingM4Westbound
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    AMENt TO THATAMENt TO THAT Posts: 541
    burtschips, how long will it take me to get to either Gatwick or Stansted from our hotel? Have ANY idea?
  • Options
    well i know it's four miles from reading station and reading is about 40mins i think from london. If you are going by train then gatwick is probably easiest, which would take about an hour. It's a bank holiday so best to check time tables, do you know where to look? if not I can have a scan for you.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    absolutely no idea! But this is kinda important, cuz I need to get to Copenhagen the day after to meet with pinon, a friend that I am traveling Europe with. any help is appreciated!
  • Options
    I'll find your best option. monday 28th right? I'll do it by train, if we have a car/van it will only improve.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    iwalkeiwalke Posts: 33
    I'll be there for the weekend, we'll have to set up a specific location to meet before the festival starts though cos you wont get any mobile reception there :)

Got a spare weekend ticket too... not sure what i'm doing with it yet!
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    I'll find your best option. monday 28th right? I'll do it by train, if we have a car/van it will only improve.

Excellent! EXCELLEEEEEEEEEEENT! I appreciate this!
  • Options
    Excellent! EXCELLEEEEEEEEEEENT! I appreciate this!

right AMENt, one problem, they don't show timetables more than three months away, but as a comparison I looked at times for Monday May 29th which is also a bank holiday. Gatwick is quickest and takes on average one hour 50mins in total, departing from about 9:00am, but there is one direct train that takes only one hour 15 mins. have a look at the link below. I can double check for you as of the end of this month to confirm definite times, but it looks like as long as your flight is from say 12:30 onwards you'll be ok or a bit earlier if you get the direct train.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/TimetableResult.asp?T2ID=805_200651191217
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    iwalke wrote:
    I'll be there for the weekend, we'll have to set up a specific location to meet before the festival starts though cos you wont get any mobile reception there :)

good point about mobiles, like you say we can designate a spot for the sunday. look forward to meeting ya.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    excellent! I'll need to look into it tomorrow. Gotta leave for work now.... workin late this week :( more money though ;)
  • Options
    so I should keep my foreign ass faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away form the camp then ;) no Norwegians alowed :D

Ok, PJ fans who are IN the UK, including Norwegians! I'm not xenophobic really!
  • Options
    AMENt, for some reason that link has gone all fucked up on me, but the main site is http://www.nationalrail.co.uk
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    iwalke wrote:

Would a pair of walkie talkies work? :p:D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Would a pair of walkie talkies work? :p:D

ha ha and we could wear pj head bands and go commando. I prefer smoke signals :D you listening to radio 1? or have i missed them ? tool playing now.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    ha ha and we could wear pj head bands and go commando. I prefer smoke signals :D you listening to radio 1? or have i missed them ? tool playing now.

PJ head band = yes
    commando = you're on your own mate! :D

I was listening to the radio but the shite music was slowly inducing a coma so I am listening to grunge fm which is awakening my senses :D.

PJ aren't on tonight, but will be on wednesday. That's what the folks over on the radio 1 forum say anyway.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    zoedivazoediva Posts: 48
    excellent- looks like we are getting quite a crowd!
    Am well up for flags and banners etc...
    will set up meeting points etc nearer the time...i usually camp near Reaper's Bridge anyway.

You PJ Love Army Captain
    Over and Out!!!
  • Options
    shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    I'll be at Reading for the full weekend...cant belive PJ are finishing the festival, its going to be intense at the barrier (where I expect us all to be, right?)

There will be three of us...all big PJ fans....
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I would be up for sharing a room on the Sunday night.

AMENt to THAT you can get coaches from Reading train station to Heathrow Airport if that is any help to you

http://www.railair.com/JPGs/timetable/to%20Heathrow.jpg
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    i got a feeling chris cornell will do a cameo on sunday and hunger will strike us...lollapalooza 92 revisited...
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    akuzedakuzed Posts: 63
    I'll be there with about 6-10 others, depending on who makes it. We've been going for years and normally stay around the bar :) We'll be at the bar nearest to the stage on the left as you look at the stage.

If you're looking for a decent pub the 3 Men in a Boat used to do breakfasts etc, but there was a rumour it was closing down. There's another pub just over the bridge from Richfield Avenue that's nice.

I highly recommend that cafe by the island/garage on Richfield Ave too :D
    Astoria - April 20th 2006
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Reading - August 27th 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    my parents are coming with me this year. they want to see pearl jam.

they even have the new album. i am proud :)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    jeaubong wrote:
    i got a feeling chris cornell will do a cameo on sunday and hunger will strike us...lollapalooza 92 revisited...

Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! that would be fucking A........!! :D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    jeaubong wrote:
    This is the EXACT reason why I was so desperate to get reading tickets...audioslave have a day off on the sunday :D. Musn't get my hopes up.....am trying!

Woooooooooooooo that would be awesome! :D:D
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    wash_ wrote:
    PJ head band = yes
    commando = you're on your own mate! :D

I was listening to the radio but the shite music was slowly inducing a coma so I am listening to grunge fm which is awakening my senses :D.

PJ aren't on tonight, but will be on wednesday. That's what the folks over on the radio 1 forum say anyway.

no, no i meant commando as in rambo or the like,.... you know headbands walkie talkies.... i'll defo be wearing briefs, maybe even a nappy just in case the excitment proves too much :D....
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    my parents are coming with me this year. they want to see pearl jam.

they even have the new album. i am proud :)

ohhh that's good going. I bet they have a great time. I got my dad listening to them when they covered masters of war and he loved crazy mary too but i pretended they wrote that so he would listen to some others :)
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    zoedivazoediva Posts: 48
    yeah should be good- loads of people have emailed me about this so i will start gathering names and contact details ASAP and get a good old plan together for meeting etc...

If you want in send me a PM or an email to zoemenday@hotmail.com with your details and i'll be in touch!

Captain of the PJ Love Army!
    Over and Out!
  • Options
    LoDoubleULoDoubleU Posts: 80
    V V wrote:
    I'm there for sunday too ! :) with Mr.V V and my sista Buru and my Welsh PJ lover LoudoubleU :D:D:D

Yep Whhoooo what a day its gonna be

Mr LoDoubleU will be joining us and my friends too - We're all going for the weekend though :)
    How to be happy and true....
    Is the quest we're taking together...
  • Options
    BeAStarBeAStar Posts: 61
    I'll be there and would love to meet up! (I sent you an email, zoediva!)
    nothing comes from nothing
  • Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    I'll be there with three others after Dublin and then onto Marseille and Berlin! It would be great to meet up as a group Zoe! (I've PM'd my details)
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22
  • Options
    given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    burtschips wrote:
    ohhh that's good going. I bet they have a great time. I got my dad listening to them when they covered masters of war and he loved crazy mary too but i pretended they wrote that so he would listen to some others :)

haha good plan ;p

it's like when my generally anti-pearl jam friend heard mankind and commented that the vocals sounded better than usual!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07