Options

The Reading Festival PJ love camp!!!

zoedivazoediva Posts: 48
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello all,
I know i havent posted a lot but i have been a fan since Ten, i have seen PJ with Neil Young (minus Ed) at Reading a few years back and a couple of times at Wembley (arena) since.
I have weekend tickets for Reading and would love to know who else is about that weekend so we can set up a PJ camp area!!
let me know and we can set up our own PJ love camp!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Im gonna be there. But just for the Sunday =\
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    thats still cool- you can come and join our camp for the day! there will be beer, PJ and doritos!
  • Options
    Il be there then ;)

• Options
    c'mon there must be more of you! I have a vision here; hundreds of PJ fans all camping together, drinking beer, eating crap and talking about PJ til we're sick....join me in my vision!!!!
  • Options
    nikosnikos Posts: 9
    I will be there only on Sunday as most of the people around here I guess... You see, most of the bands on the other days are crap :-(

HOWEVER, it would be a good idea to get all together and drink a few beers on Sunday morning somewhere in the camp... And when Placebo appear march towards the stage and try to get front rows for our guys who are next! It will be easier if we do it alltogether and we won't need to put up with my chemical romance :-)

Let me know... I would really be glad to meet British PJ fans! I'm from Greece, so then you could come to me for the Athens gig ;-) hehe
    I'll rise and fall, let me take credit for both...
  • Options
    sounds like a plan! i am going for the whole weekend as Audioslave are playing on the Friday and i HAVE to see them!
    right, once we have a ton of people we will form the PJ army and set up meeting points etc
    if anyone wants to email me im at zoemenday@hotmail.com and i'll keep track of who's coming!!
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    lots of people from here going... so i'm sure we'll all meet up! i'm there for the sunday, you should be nice and greasy by then!! ha ha.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    IM THERE TOO!!! Got my dublin ticket, so im now going to dublin, leeds and reading (and paris and lisbon)! Woooooooooooooooooo!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I'll be there on sunday
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    zoediva wrote:
    sounds like a plan! i am going for the whole weekend as Audioslave are playing on the Friday and i HAVE to see them!
    right, once we have a ton of people we will form the PJ army and set up meeting points etc
    if anyone wants to email me im at zoemenday@hotmail.com and i'll keep track of who's coming!!

Zoe sweetie I'll pop in and see you :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    monkaymonkay Posts: 40
    Yeah baby!! I'm there!! Well lookin forward to it!! Only there for the Sunday though as I didn't manage to get a weekend ticket!! Obviously being there Sunday is the important thing!!
    http://www.myspace.com/funkymonkay

Please check out my bands website and give some of our song's a listen!!

http://www.myspace.com/dekolta

London Wembeley Arena 2000
    Reading Festival 2006
    London Wembeley Arena 2007
  • Options
    londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    am there for the whole weekend :)
  • Options
    Excellent news that you lot are going to be there! I will begin planning all sorts of PJ related activities and fun for us all to have!!!

Look out for updates and email me if you want aswell!

Captain of the PJ Love Army! xx
  • Options
    harper11harper11 Posts: 47
    going to reading for the day sucks
    you dont get in the vibe
    it just sucks basically

epsecially if you only want to see one band
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006
  • Options
    harper11 are you coming for the weekend then or not coming at all????
  • Options
    harper11 wrote:
    going to reading for the day sucks
    you dont get in the vibe
    it just sucks basically

epsecially if you only want to see one band

Unless that band is Pearl Jam

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I'm there for sunday too ! :) with Mr.V V and my sista Buru and my Welsh PJ lover LoudoubleU :D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    harper11harper11 Posts: 47
    im getting there on thursday

muse will be great

and wolfmother

and the shins

and pj of course
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006
  • Options
    yeah im going down on the thursday too....looking forward to Audioslave too!
  • Options
    Can't wait... when will the tickets be sent out???
  • Options
    think its usually fairly close the the actual festival that they send out tix to try and make it harder for people to sell on.
    but then last year i know people who go them a month before!
  • Options
    Who else is coming then? I am far too excited about Reading this year and have now had some (a lot of!) wine so its getting worse!!!!!!!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm there for Sunday too :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    nikosnikos Posts: 9
    you think so? On the other hand is around £60 more and I have already spent enough to see RHCP, Tool and Pearl Jam in Athens. And in case I come up with money I prefer to go to Download Fest for the Tool day! I think it makes more sense, doesn't it?

And I don't like those "dream-team" bands like audioslave or velvet revolver. I saw velvet revolver last year, hoping that despite their average songs the gig would rock considering the band members. That day both Weiland and Slash really let me down... I'd rather never had seen them and I could still think of them in the S.T.P. and G.N.R era. Anyway...
    I'll rise and fall, let me take credit for both...
  • Options
    aaah i saw velvet revolver last year too but i thought they did ok- but then i have some special love for Slash!
    am loving both of audioslaves albums so really looking forward to seeing them live as already seen Soundgarden and RATM.

Anyway- best set at Reading will of course be PJ!
  • Options
    I'm there for just the day as I missed out on weekend tickets, oh well I'm only there for PJ anyway! I'm really up for meeting up with fellow UK Jammers - certainly one of the highlights of the Astoria gig!
  • Options
    AMENt TO THATAMENt TO THAT Posts: 541
    I'm really up for meeting up with fellow UK Jammers - certainly one of the highlights of the Astoria gig!

so I should keep my foreign ass faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away form the camp then ;) no Norwegians alowed :D
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    you can count me in for the reading camp!! i am going by myself so the more ppl to meet up with the better :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    sjduerdensjduerden Posts: 2
    zambian1 reporting in for duty at the PJ love camp!!!...just gonna be there for the sunday then it's a long walk to France for the Marseille and Paris shows. :D
  • Options
    miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    il see you there mate... we'd camp with u in a little PJ camp if u want lol

im thinking massive 'ten club' and 'pj' flags.....
    myspace.com/airstriponeuk