Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    do you guys know the pub "The Apple Tree"???

45 Mount Pleasant
    Clerkenwell

is it an ok type of bar!??!!

Sorry I don't know it :o You planning a visit?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:
    From about 7:30 :)

I may well pop in Keith. I'll be on Upper Street later anyway. I'll be in the Hope Anchor at 6pm.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Not heard of it. Why's that fella? :confused:

i'm going there at start of August to see some weird band my mate likes The Dials... from Brighton not Chicago!!!

having a weekend down in Londinium with my matey from Southampton... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Keithos wrote:
    From about 7:30 :)

Hmm I don't know it but may drop by before running off to the suburbs :o:p
    i'm going there at start of August to see some weird band my mate likes The Dials... from Brighton not Chicago!!!

having a weekend down in Londinium with my matey from Southampton... :)

Cool! If ya getting down to Londinium early enough in the day then maybe a few of us could come and impose ourselves upon your person in the vicinity of said public house for some jovial jesting and jolly japes? :confused:
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Em LOL :D

:D:D:p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Byrnzie wrote:
    What's also weird is that in 3 days time everyone you hear/see/touch? will be speaking in Scottish accents! :eek: :D

I know. :eek: but that's fine by me, a Scottish accent is indeed one of the things that make my knees weak. :o:D;)
    I just hope I understand it. :eek: :o:D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Cool! If ya getting down to Londinium early enough in the day then maybe a few of us could come and impose ourselves upon your person in the vicinity of said public house for some jovial jesting and jolly japes? :confused:

i'm there from Saturday until monday.... be great to meet some folks again.. run it past me buddy and i'll let you know... out at this pub on the Saturday night and then feck knows the rest of the time.... although i want to go to Imperial War Museum and the Science Museum :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    i'm there from Saturday until monday.... be great to meet some folks again.. run it past me buddy and i'll let you know... out at this pub on the Saturday night and then feck knows the rest of the time.... although i want to go to Imperial War Museum and the Science Museum :o

Cool and the gang! :cool:

Edit: If your serious about the museums then the British museum's the one to check out if you haven't already. Just keep in mind you'd need a whole day for either one of these 3 babies and that would infringe upon some valuable drinking time.
    Byrnzie wrote:

in-diddily-deed :)

do you commute every day then Byrnzie... where Hertfordshire in relation to City Centre.
    in-diddily-deed :)

do you commute every day then Byrnzie... where Hertfordshire in relation to City Centre.

Yeah I commute and I hate it. I wouldn't mind commuting if the train was empty but I don't like other commuters. I wake up feeling like Gregor Samsa Monday - Friday. Hertford's about 30 miles north of central London.

Keep us updated. Have a few things going on at weekends in August but if I'm free and you mange to find the time :p would be good to meet up with people again :D

Been to the Imperial War Museum (with my Dad :p) but not the Science Museum.

As Byrnzie said British Museum is great. Would take a week to look at the whole thing. Also I like the military stuff at the V&A. Lot of armour and Samurai stuff. I remember being fascinated by the Samurai following my first visit to the V&A.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    eMMI wrote:
    I know. :eek: but that's fine by me, a Scottish accent is indeed one of the things that make my knees weak. :o:D;)
    I just hope I understand it. :eek: :o:D

Lol, you haven't got a fuckin hope in hell ems :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Lol, you haven't got a fuckin hope in hell ems :o

you think? :o :eek:

very encouraging Helly, thanks for that. :rolleyes: :p lol. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    you think? :o :eek:

very encouraging Helly, thanks for that. :rolleyes: :p lol. :D

Well I can't understand the Scots half the time - some of them are alright. I can understand most of what dunk says... but I shared a house with two Glaswegians once and any conversations basically consisted of sign language :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Anyone see this thread on 'Given to fly'??......

Movie Filmed At Santa Barbara Bowl Tonight!!

All around the venue, the following sign was posted:

"We are filming a motion picture currently entitled "Iconoclasts". Your presence here shall be deemed your irrevocable consent to the unconditional use of your likeness in such motion picture in all media forever and throughout the universe and all ancillary uses and related advertising, promotion, publicity and marketing."

I wonder if this will be a strictly PJ concert movie or something else? Interesting. :confused:
    Well I can't understand the Scots half the time - some of them are alright. I can understand most of what dunk says... but I shared a house with two Glaswegians once and any conversations basically consisted of sign language :D

well.. shite. :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Anyone see this thread on 'Given to fly'??......

Movie Filmed At Santa Barbara Bowl Tonight!!

All around the venue, the following sign was posted:

"We are filming a motion picture currently entitled "Iconoclasts". Your presence here shall be deemed your irrevocable consent to the unconditional use of your likeness in such motion picture in all media forever and throughout the universe and all ancillary uses and related advertising, promotion, publicity and marketing."

I wonder if this will be a strictly PJ concert movie or something else? Interesting. :confused:

haven't seen it. :confused:

"...in all media forever and throughout the universe..." :eek:

eMs you could get a Scots to English dictionary :D:p they do exist by the way :o I lived there (Scotland) for a few years and can now talk with the accent if necessary. You may need to ask people to slooow down sometimes but I'm sure most will try not to use as much slang when they realise you're not a Weegie ;)
    eMMI wrote:
    haven't seen it. :confused:

"...in all media forever and throughout the universe..." :eek:

Apparantly ir's a TV show where one 'icon' interviews another :o

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/01/01/062459.php
    Byrnzie wrote:

Edit: If your serious about the museums then the British museum's the one to check out if you haven't already. Just keep in mind you'd need a whole day for either one of these 3 babies and that would infringe upon some valuable drinking time.

have done the British Museum... but to be honest i gave it 5-6 hours of my time and i still didnt get round the fucker :(

its massiff (this is how my daughter says massive) :)

War Museum is a must for me as they have a Holocaust exhibition on!! i feel the need to make myself cry :( :)
    Chime wrote:
    eMs you could get a Scots to English dictionary :D:p they do exist by the way :o I lived there (Scotland) for a few years and can now talk with the accent if necessary. You may need to ask people to slooow down sometimes but I'm sure most will try not to use as much slang when they realise your not a Weegie ;)

a good idea, but where the feck am I supposed to get one NOW?! :D lol.

I'm clinging onto this thin ray of hope I will understand and be understood. :D;)
    I can understand most of what dunk says...

i was putting on me posh voice though :o

me and Hells kept on doing the old "sorry what was that again" when in London... i could understand her most of the time but needed a 2nd listen to really make sure :)
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Chime wrote:
    eMs you could get a Scots to English dictionary :D:p they do exist by the way :o I lived there (Scotland) for a few years and can now talk with the accent if necessary. You may need to ask people to slooow down sometimes but I'm sure most will try not to use as much slang when they realise your not a Weegie ;)

This is gonna be great, we will have the irish accent, the scottish, the english(as in UK) accent, the finnish, and the kentucky accent, we are sure not to understand anything anybody says.....lol....it should be a blast.......I'll bring pen and paper.....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....

me and Hells kept on doing the old "sorry what was that again" when in London... i could understand her most of the time but needed a 2nd listen to really make sure :)

why do you have a 'posh voice'? :confused::p

lol. well, I usually need to ask people what they were saying all the time. I just hope that I understand it the 2nd time around cause I don't wanna ask too many times. :o:):D
    This is gonna be great, we will have the irish accent, the scottish, the english(as in UK) accent, the finnish, and the kentucky accent, we are sure not to understand anything anybody says.....lol....it should be a blast.......I'll bring pen and paper.....:D

the strangest thing is.... once we all get drunk then we all revert to the language of Slurland.. and everyone can understand each other then :)

this is true.... except the Slurland country... i made that up.... but one day we Slurian people will be free... freeshdom ya bashturhds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I'm not sure which I understand less, the scots or irish... :p

I think the irish
    so I hope y'all will slow down when speaking to me!!!
    :D

crazy how much irish slang there is...
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?

Lol, yeh yeh yeh!!!!!!!!!!

That's your posh voice? :eek:

Fuck, I think I had mine on too :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Lol, yep it should be interesting alright :eek:

Buru :o the Irish are easy to understand :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    War Museum is a must for me as they have a Holocaust exhibition on!! i feel the need to make myself cry :( :)

If I'm not mistaken the War museum's just by London Bridge Station, so after you've made yourself cry you can go and scare yourself aswell by walking round the corner and popping into the 'London Dungeons'.:eek: By the time you get to the pub you'll be an emotional wreck and will look exactly like this smilie: :eek: