Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm being very English at the moment and eating strawberry's and cream at my desk. :D

I'm being very English too :D I'm having a scone with cream and strawberry jam (from M&S ;)) and a nice mug of tea :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm being very English at the moment and eating strawberry's and cream at my desk. :D

no way! ooh, that's so unfair!! my mum ate our last strawberries last night.. :o (well, better that she did, they would've gone rotten if she hadn't.)

I want to be English too! :p:D:D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:

whilst cleaning your Morris dancing shoes and telling people from Malta that 'we fahkin saved you during the war' and telling each other that the Queen Mum did her bit for her country during the blitz, god bless her an all... she was loved by those pearlie kings and queens wasnt she... ironic considering her own pearlies resembled a row of houses after the germans had indeed blitzed them...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Chime wrote:
    I'm being very English too :D I'm having a scone with cream and strawberry jam (from M&S ;)) and a nice mug of tea :D

I'm being very scottish.... i killed an Englishman and then deep fried him and ate him....washed it down with Buckie.... then wiped the blood of me chin with my kilt... and then i went home to eat haggis with a ginger person called Hamish :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm being very scottish.... i killed an Englishman and then deep fried him and ate him....washed it down with Buckie.... then wiped the blood of me chin with my kilt... and then i went home to eat haggis with a ginger person called Hamish :)

Did you put him in batter before you fried him? otherwise that is just ridiculous behaviour :rolleyes: Have you advised that nice English band you've invited to visit about this particular local custom?

Whose for battered pizza? :eek:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    whilst cleaning your Morris dancing shoes and telling people from Malta that 'we fahkin saved you during the war' and telling each other that the Queen Mum did her bit for her country during the blitz, god bless her an all... she was loved by those pearlie kings and queens wasnt she... ironic considering her own pearlies resembled a row of houses after the germans had indeed blitzed them...

Funny that, I was on the phone this morning to someone from Malta. I didn't tell him that 'we fahkin saved you during the war' though, I just fobbed him off to our switchboard coz he was boring.

Did you toss your caber on your way home? Or did you wait till ya got indoors where no one was looking? :confused::D
    Chime wrote:
    Did you put him in batter before you fried him? otherwise that is just ridiculous behaviour :rolleyes: Have you advised that nice English band you've invited to visit about this particular local custom?

Whose for battered pizza? :eek:

everything goes in batter... even wee-er bits of batter get re-battered then fried again!!!

I'm pleased as hell to get that tribute band up here!!! I'll need to get my cricket bat out for managerial duties :cool:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Funny that, I was on the phone this morning to someone from Malta. I didn't tell him that 'we fahkin saved you during the war' though, I just fobbed him off to our switchboard coz he was boring.

you were on the phone??? dont they give you chairs.... man!!!

i went to malta for my hols once and all i have never seen so many bulldog tattoos in all my life!! all these British peeps loved Malta... for the scenery? for the history? for the culture and laid back way of life? .....noooo, it was because they drove on the fucking same side of the road as us, and they spoke decent English... :rolleyes:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Did you toss your caber on your way home? Or did you wait till ya got indoors where no one was looking? :confused::D

did you rub your genitals with a Princess Di tea-towel :)

and yes i waited till i got indoors :o
    from Wikipedia:

"The caber toss is a traditional Scottish athletic event involving the tossing of a large wooden pole called a caber, similar to a telephone pole."

I don't know why but that sentence to me is fecking hilarious. :D maybe it's cause of the "similar to a telephone pole". :D:D:D:D

lol. I don't mean to mock any Scots by that though. :p:):D tee hee hee, but you're throwing telephone poles! :D:D:D :p

(oh and just for the record, I did know what a caber is but I just wanted to make sure what I knew was right so I checked it. :):p)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    did you rub your genitals with a Princess Di tea-towel :)

Nah, but I shot my wad into a Queens silver Jubilee tea cup right before auntie ethel took a swig! :eek:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Nah, but I shot my wad into a Queens silver Jubilee tea cup right before auntie ethel took a swig! :eek:

just a teacup..... hmmmmm... disappointing... up here we use old whisky casks... no spillages allowed :)
    just a teacup..... hmmmmm... disappointing... up here we use old whisky casks... no spillages allowed :)

That's all that porridge you eat. :rolleyes:
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    :D

Well I'm just drinking water :confused:

I'm about to fall asleep though - very heavy day today or something, can't keep me eyes open
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    eMMI wrote:
    from Wikipedia:

"...similar to a telephone pole."

Dunkmans chest swells with pride! (Chest, I said! Chest!) :eek:
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    I remember that some one - I think it was dunk mentioned their friend had moved to " anagassan" however i could be wrong just not 100% anyhow I actually drove by it at the weekend and saw the sign posts and thought - shit I have to remember where this is anyway it was between Dundalk and Drogheda .................... just some useless information.

Helen keep your purple band on for as long as you so wish !! I hate those bands though they have a habit of making me itchy. Glad you enjoyed oxegen !!!
    I was talking to my brother last night he had a great weekend and also came home sunburnt but a bit soggy from the rain.
    We're all thinking of doing Glastonbury next year - I've yet to go and would love to.
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
    siochan wrote:
    I remember that some one - I think it was dunk mentioned their friend had moved to " anagassan" however i could be wrong just not 100% anyhow I actually drove by it at the weekend and saw the sign posts and thought - shit I have to remember where this is anyway it was between Dundalk and Drogheda .................... just some useless information.

Helen keep your purple band on for as long as you so wish !! I hate those bands though they have a habit of making me itchy. Glad you enjoyed oxegen !!!
    I was talking to my brother last night he had a great weekend and also came home sunburnt but a bit soggy from the rain.
    We're all thinking of doing Glastonbury next year - I've yet to go and would love to.
    Glastonbury's not a bad idea with enough plannign. Although it's fucking shit enough having to drag everything from the car, never mind from the car to the plane, from the plane to the bus, from the bus to the campsite... and back again :eek: . Don't think I'd really fancy that, lol. But yep, sunburnt and soggy :D . I keep sneezing too. Oh where is it you're from again - we'd a load of northern lads camped beside us. They were all about 21 though.

Edit: Yep, I see Belfast in your location, lol, and was thinking Belfast. They were from Belfast... although there was probably 10,000 21 year old Belfast people there, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    siochan wrote:

me and my pal are as well... never done Glasto... bit more of a family vibe to it... T in Park is more of a boozers weekend...

i've never been a festival fan but as i get older i feel like i must go before i'm actually taking my kids to them instead... :)
    me and my pal are as well... never done Glasto... bit more of a family vibe to it... T in Park is more of a boozers weekend...

i've never been a festival fan but as i get older i feel like i must go before i'm actually taking my kids to them instead... :)

I want to take my daughter also - she loves music and has quite an eclectic taste for a ten yr old - I think even taking into consideration the hassle of travelling and camping it would be cool if planned right.
    I'm not so much a festival fan either our experiences as mother and daughter are more likely to be jumping around protesting than going to gigs - the bigger protests are just as big a pain in the arse as i imagine trailing around our gear to a festival would be so we should be ok!

To my knowledge Glastonbury does have a good family atmosphere and quite a bit of child friendly area. It sure sounds like fun anyhow !!
    siochan wrote:
    I want to take my daughter also - she loves music and has quite an eclectic taste for a ten yr old - I think even taking into consideration the hassle of travelling and camping it would be cool if planned right.
    I'm not so much a festival fan either our experiences as mother and daughter are more likely to be jumping around protesting than going to gigs - the bigger protests are just as big a pain in the arse as i imagine trailing around our gear to a festival would be so we should be ok!

To my knowledge Glastonbury does have a good family atmosphere and quite a bit of child friendly area. It sure sounds like fun anyhow !!

I've only seen the footage... but it is very family orientated.. they have a family only part of the festival camping area... just so that you arent pitched next to 4 drunk fuckwits from Plymouth!!

if you have satellite TV then very very very soon there is a documentary film by Julien Temple coming on that tells the history of Glasto... looks good... i'll try and find out when its on :cool:

anyway, i;m sure VV will have been... she's practically down the road!!! plus she's into fairies and mental stuff, so she's bound to have been before ;)
    I've only seen the footage... but it is very family orientated.. they have a family only part of the festival camping area... just so that you arent pitched next to 4 drunk fuckwits from Plymouth!!

if you have satellite TV then very very very soon there is a documentary film by Julien Temple coming on that tells the history of Glasto... looks good... i'll try and find out when its on :cool:

anyway, i;m sure VV will have been... she's practically down the road!!! plus she's into fairies and mental stuff, so she's bound to have been before ;)

-I've seen footage too of the family areas which at a festival is very cool -
    -I do have satellite TV so if you find out you can give me a shout and let me know...
    - And finally in regard to fairies .... I'm named after one of the fairy goddess' from Irish mythology.
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Chime wrote:
    Did anyone just hear something? :confused::o:p

eMMI wrote:
    I.. I think I heard something.. maybe it was just crickets?

And to think I was just starting to warm up to you non-american women......:p

Ya had to go and ruin it, didn't ya??

and eMMI, you were so close to getting my cell number....

:D;)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    siochan wrote:
    I'm named after one of the fairy goddess' from Irish mythology.

ohhh poor you... not to worry...;)

i'm named after the Gaelic for Brown Warrior Chief. :) :cool:

i'll have a lookie for that Glasto thing...right....now!!!
    I think I heard there were family areas at Oxegen too. Or those pod things would be very handy. Or even hire a camper van for the weekend or something.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    ohhh poor you... not to worry...;)

i'm named after the Gaelic for Brown Warrior Chief. :) :cool:

i'll have a lookie for that Glasto thing...right....now!!!

Àine is a kick ass fairy !!!!!
    I'd rather be a fairy goddess than a Brown Warrior Chief ...... is that to take into account the love of deep fried things - maybe your parents really wanted to eat you !!
    And to think I was just starting to warm up to you non-american women......:p

Ya had to go and ruin it, didn't ya??

and eMMI, you were so close to getting my cell number....

:D;)

aww no! we have now lost everything, newagehippie isn't fond of us anymore, what to do?! what to do!? :rolleyes: :p

ah shite, I'm gonna have to start all over again. :D;):p
    eMMI wrote:
    aww no! we have now lost everything, newagehippie isn't fond of us anymore, what to do?! what to do!? :rolleyes: :p

ah shite, I'm gonna have to start all over again. :D;):p

lol, nice...
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

lol, nice...

ain't it? :D:p;)
    eMMI wrote:
    ain't it? :D:p;)

yep

:D:);):o:p
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE