Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Morning everyone! Beautiful day ahead.

Take care of your sunburns eMMI - don't want to peel! Did you have a good week then?

Byrnzie - you're gonna have a good time! Enjoy yourself in finland. If you come across Matti - say hi to him from me!

Chime - good day yesterday? Taylor sang....... :D

Posters - check if the venue has a cloakroom, bring a poster tube, buy your poster and then put it all in the cloakroom. My guess is that if you leave it until after the concert, they will be all gone!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    Morning everyone! Beautiful day ahead.

Take care of your sunburns eMMI - don't want to peel! Did you have a good week then?

yeh, beautiful indeed. :) luckily I've got some nice "flowy" long pants and a light long sleeved shirt so I can go outside too! :)

taking the best care I can. thankfully my mum's got this amazing aloe vera gel/lotion thing and it seems to be working wonders! :) and my arms are a lot better today than they were yesterday, it's my legs I've got a prob with. :o

yeh, I was on two camps, the first was for kids aged 7-9 and the other 11-14. :) lotsa work on both with the kids. cause it was so hot luckily on the older kids' camp I really just needed to make sure everyone was eating and drinking enough.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    eMMI wrote:
    do you have any specific plans for Helsinki? or is it just a go-with-the-flow kinda trip? :)

I'm flying into Tallin and I'll get the ferry up to Helsinki and meet my mate who now lives there. Gonna watch the England vs Sweden game round his place. Will probably go back to Tallin on the Wednesday. Basically just gonna spend the week getting trashed and having a laugh. Will spend half my time in Tallin and half in Helsinki.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm flying into Tallin and I'll get the ferry up to Helsinki and meet my mate who now lives there. Gonna watch the England vs Sweden game round his place. Will probably go back to Tallin on the Wednesday. Basically just gonna spend the week getting trashed and having a laugh. Will spend half my time in Tallin and half in Helsinki.

Byrznie hope you had a great weekend and have a great holiday :D

redrock read the Astoria thread first so have answered you there but WOW :D:D:D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    now i'm not saying this to be pedantic or reactionary or anything... but Hellsy aint gonna be my host :p I say this because i will be in Dublin for this gig and I dont think i'll even see her as she is going to stand in the queue from about 9am or something... ;);):D how can someone be a host when there not even meeting us :confused:;)
    Ha dunk, I was waiting for that :rolleyes: and no one bit, eh? Funny that! You’re just jealous cos you’re staying in a hotel and you’re gonna have to behave yourself :D

RR and chimey – sounds like yas had an absolutely amazing night :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Well what a tough day today, the missus has gone back to work today so she's well upset and I had to drop the baby off to her sister's and it was very strange :(

Wish I earned enough so she could stay home with the youngster :( :(

I need some cheering up today :(
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Well what a tough day today, the missus has gone back to work today so she's well upset and I had to drop the baby off to her sister's and it was very strange :(

Awww Al :o How's this?

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/gallery/2003/06/28/PAgemmaother3.jpg
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Awww thanks Hells, that brought a smile to me face :);)

How is everyone else today??
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:

Ah poor Al. *gives Al a hug*

You need a distraction to take your mind off it. Think today would be a good day to set your self that 1000 post target.

HH yep was really good. I thought heading down after work would mean standing at the back, but that would have been fine as the venue was so small. Couldn't believe I was front row :) Stage was so small we didn't see Taylor during the whole gig as his drumkit was behind Dave and Chris' equipment :D

redrock the person we couldn't see that people were having photos taken with was I think Pat Smear. Hear he was there and was really rocking out :D
    Chime wrote:
    Ah poor Al. *gives Al a hug*

You need a distraction to take your mind off it. Think today would be a good day to set your self that 1000 post target.

HH yep was really good. I thought heading down after work would mean standing at the back, but that would have been fine as the venue was so small. Couldn't believe I was front row :) Stage was so small we didn't see Taylor during the whole gig as his drumkit was behind Dave and Chris' equipment :D

redrock the person we couldn't see that people were having photos taken with was I think Pat Smear. Hear he was there and was really rocking out :D

Thanks chimey.....a hug is sometimes the best thing in the world.......right nice distraction....1000 here I come. Watch out HH I'm gonna be a gone too :D
    I need a coffee!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Howdy cow girls and boys!! I'm doing nothing today except packing to go on holiday, eating pizza, and watching the world cup. Ahhh, if only every day were like this. Hey Al, just sit back, grab that remote control and chill bruv! :D
    Chime wrote:

Wow! So the foos or the Astoria??? :p Careful and remember where you are!!! :D

So Al, you're not happy with 1000 and reckon you're aiming for me? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Howdy cow girls and boys!! I'm doing nothing today except packing to go on holiday, eating pizza, and watching the world cup. Ahhh, if only every day were like this. Hey Al, just sit back, grab that remote control and chill bruv! :D

How about I grab the laptop and tell everyone in work to kiss my ass :D

You all have cheered me up already....Cheers :D:D:D

By the way had a great first Fathers Day ;)

So Al, you're not happy with 1000 and reckon you're aiming for me? :D

I have you in my sights young lady :D ....am feelin pumped man (wtf?) :eek:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:

I have you in my sights young lady :D ....am feelin pumped man (wtf?) :eek:
    Huh??? You can see me? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Obviously Astoria as it is PJ and I can't get as excited about any band like I can for them :) and I love all the songs. Hard to remember life before I was a PJ fan :D the whole experience was so surreal and they were awesome (sure Dunk will agree I've used the word correctly ;)).

Foos is a great rock show. Dave Grohl is such a great performer great at chatting to the audience and lots of foot on the monitor rocking out.

:D Both were just amazing experiences :D I've had a lucky couple of months.

I thought Astoria was a small venue for a huge band to play but can't explain just how small the underworld is. PJ wouldn't be able to play there as you couldn't fit 5 guys (6 if you include Boom) on the stage. The guitar techs had to hand the guitars over a railing at the side of the stage as they couldn't come out onto the stage. It's the kind of place you expect to go to see your mates bands play. I had been to the pub before but never down into the club.
    Huh??? You can see me? :eek:

Yes you're wearing a Black top and trousers today covering a pink bra and no knickers :eek: :D:D:D :eek:
    I need a coffee!
    Ok nobody seems to be around today....so here's my predictions for today......

TOG 0:1 SUI
    KSA 0:3 UKR
    ESP 7:0 TUN

:D:D:D:D:D
    I need a coffee!
    godday everybody. :D

lol. what a nice way to start the day - somebody asked me, "Are you a Lancome or Estee Lauder representative?" :D:D lol.
    apparently I've got beautiful skin. :confused: if ya ask me, it's a mess at the mo. :( and still burnt. :( (but what do ya expect though? :rolleyes: )
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    godday everybody. :D

lol. what a nice way to start the day - somebody asked me, "Are you a Lancome or Estee Lauder representative?" :D:D lol.
    apparently I've got beautiful skin. :confused: if ya ask me, it's a mess at the mo. :( and still burnt. :( (but what do ya expect though? :rolleyes: )

Mornin eMMI...glad to hear your skin is in such good condition....and I will refrain from any smut talk today...thats a promise :D:D:D

Hope you had a good weekend ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Mornin eMMI...glad to hear your skin is in such good condition....and I will refrain from any smut talk today...thats a promise :D:D:D

Hope you had a good weekend ;)

morning Al. :)

lol. you better keep that promise then.

I had a nice weekend, I liked Sunday the best cause I got to sleep. :D;):p
    eMMI wrote:
    morning Al. :)

lol. you better keep that promise then.

I had a nice weekend, I liked Sunday the best cause I got to sleep. :D;):p

I will, scouts honour :p

Sunday was best for me too, my first Fathers Day :D:D
    Was working on Sat....pain :(
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    I will, scouts honour :p

Sunday was best for me too, my first Fathers Day :D:D
    Was working on Sat....pain :(

nice. :D:p

well, congratulations on that then. :):D:):)
    I worked on Sat too.. not too hard work though. :o
    eMMI wrote:
    nice. :D:p

well, congratulations on that then. :):D:):)
    I worked on Sat too.. not too hard work though. :o

I had to deliver 1500 leaflets to 1500 house....I was knackered :( ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    I had to deliver 1500 leaflets to 1500 house....I was knackered :( ;)

well, that's not nice.. :o

I had to sit on the beach for 3 hours (that's when I got burnt) and then I had to make sure kids would eat. :rolleyes: :D
    eMMI wrote:
    well, that's not nice.. :o

I had to sit on the beach for 3 hours (that's when I got burnt) and then I had to make sure kids would eat. :rolleyes: :D

OOOOHH Very tough day at the office, although having to get kids to eat....not easy :eek:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    OOOOHH Very tough day at the office, although having to get kids to eat....not easy :eek:

I know. :eek: :D

well, the kids were aged 11-14 so there was no problem with getting the boys to eat but the girls.. :eek: I don't understand.. :eek: they basically just wouldn't eat food. :eek: growing girls! :eek:
    Chime wrote:
    Hard to remember life before I was a PJ fan :D the whole experience was so surreal and they were awesome (sure Dunk will agree I've used the word correctly ;)).
    Huh??? Life before PJ? :eek: Nah, there wasn't one, was there? My PJ life began at 12 and I started off completely obsessed and I still am! I wonder what sort of life I woulda had had I never heard PJ :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    eMMI wrote:
    I know. :eek: :D

well, the kids were aged 11-14 so there was no problem with getting the boys to eat but the girls.. :eek: I don't understand.. :eek: they basically just wouldn't eat food. :eek: growing girls! :eek:
    Yah, silly silly girls, lol. Probably won't be seen eating in front of the boys or something :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    ....and they were awesome (sure Dunk will agree I've used the word correctly ;) ).

anytime the word 'awesome' is used in context of PJ at the Astoria, then it is indeed, correct :)

its when Americans use it for things like the describing the taste of Oreo Cookies or the stereos in their car :(

monkeys playing drums is awesome.... eating a hotdog isnt :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ok nobody seems to be around today....so here's my predictions for today......

TOG 0:1 SUI
    KSA 0:3 UKR
    ESP 7:0 TUN

:D:D:D:D:D

ooooohhhh fancy abbreviations from Al today :)

togo 1 - 2 Swiss
    Saudi 0 - 2 Ukraine
    Spain 4 - 0 Tunisia
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.