Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Jennytree wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    Didn't get much chance to speak to Dunc unfortunately as it was so close to PJ stage time. Jenny did you take your ferry trip yet?

Aye, wandered home slowly today! Took an age, but I didn't mind that tbh. The train along the coast of Wales to Holyhead was lovely, and I would do it again if I wasn't in a rush :D

As for Dunk - I shall neither confirm or deny anything - I will say that he still managed to make me laugh though, bless him :lol:

Sounds like a worthwhile trip anyway. Mine wasn't so nice. Departed Manc just after 7 on route to Aberdeen and after a lot of weather problems we were diverted all the way back again as there were no suitable airports available in Scotland! Finally got back home around half 5 but only after only getting on a cancelled seat. Should have been home at 10am... :roll: Nice to meet you again though and Al of course.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hello Crew!

Lovely seeing you all! Must do it again! ;)

Good luck to those at IOW!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    good luck to Sam.

So good to see you all and hang out, i'm still a happy bunny, but my house looks worse then the bathroom did after Dunks !!!!! :nono: :o
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Hello lovely Crew!!!!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I have been drinking now for some 20 years... and I can say hand on heart I've only ever puked once during the actual night of a session... and that was because I tried to swallow some mental whisky straight.... which would make me gag right now and I'm sober(ish).

I have been known to be sick the next morning but even then its sorta self-enforced just cos I feel yuck...

I can only apologise.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :fp:

esp. to Jen and VV..... hearing a scotsman puke up in a bathroom every hour was probably on your to-do list?

other than that.... and I'll say it in french .... encapsulated du awesomness!!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Just popped in to apologise to jrd for spitting crisps at him. :oops:

:lol::clap: :thumbup: That was spectacular Clare :fp:

memo to Claire - never own up to anything when other people are (clearly, i assume) p*ssed. :fp:

in other words, i didn't remember anything about said incident until you owned up!

as to whether i do or don't remember now... i'm not sayin' nuthin'... 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Dunk, don't worry as long as you are ok thats all that matters. not the first time I've heard someone being sick. but it does give us plenty of amo ! :lol:
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    How were everyone's heads this morning? ;)

Had a blast, especially yesterday, voice is shot to pieces, great to see you all again, change of scenery tonight, taking Emma out to nice restaurant, chances of a Norwegian Blue style sing-a-long there??? :?

i felt surprisingly OK.

felt retrospectively worse a couple of days later when back at home and i found a credit card bill from the Travelodge bar for nearly 24 quid for 7 pints of Stella... timed at 02:47am! my liver cringed...

i had no recollection of going back to the bar there, and still don't... apart from a vague memory involving the words "tongue like a fanny, he's got a tongue like a fanny"... :oops: :shock: :o

a couple of Al's pictures seem to sum up how i was feeling as the night progressed post-show... the lights were on, but...

bumped in to Dunk after meeting Mrs JRD at the station on Friday and the wee man looked fine, no indication that he'd been calling God on the great white telephone all night... :lol:

think my hangover kicked-in on Saturday, after spending 4 hours standing in the Etihad watching Bruce on Friday evening and then walking back afterwards. i felt AWFUL all Saturday, and my legs and internal organs are still aching!

fantastic few days overall... great to see you all and hang out/drink/sing/drink/puke/drink *

can't wait for the next time!

* delete as applicable
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Dunk,

No need for apologies, seriously. I felt so sorry for ye. After you had yer head hangin' over the railing for about 10 minutes, you just turned around very distressed looking and said in your fine Scottish accent "I feel a wee bit ill" :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    How were everyone's heads this morning? ;)

Had a blast, especially yesterday, voice is shot to pieces, great to see you all again, change of scenery tonight, taking Emma out to nice restaurant, chances of a Norwegian Blue style sing-a-long there??? :?

i felt surprisingly OK.

felt retrospectively worse a couple of days later when back at home and i found a credit card bill from the Travelodge bar for nearly 24 quid for 7 pints of Stella... timed at 02:47am! my liver cringed...

i had no recollection of going back to the bar there, and still don't... apart from a vague memory involving the words "tongue like a fanny, he's got a tongue like a fanny"... :oops: :shock: :o

a couple of Al's pictures seem to sum up how i was feeling as the night progressed post-show... the lights were on, but...

bumped in to Dunk after meeting Mrs JRD at the station on Friday and the wee man looked fine, no indication that he'd been calling God on the great white telephone all night... :lol:

think my hangover kicked-in on Saturday, after spending 4 hours standing in the Etihad watching Bruce on Friday evening and then walking back afterwards. i felt AWFUL all Saturday, and my legs and internal organs are still aching!

fantastic few days overall... great to see you all and hang out/drink/sing/drink/puke/drink *

can't wait for the next time!

* delete as applicable

By time I had a wee walkabout and bought a cheap hoodie cos i was soaked/frozen i was actually not too bad. :D

But that travelodge bar is a distant memory for me... i can almost remember it... well, the railing bit at least :oops:

I also remember trying to pull the mattress out :D that was a feat of gigantic proportions it seemed.

Only when I saw Al's photos did I remember speaking to that large bloke at the Bluu bar.... he kept me there for ages, I actually did the old "phone to the ear" trick to get away as I clearly had waaaay much more booze to get through.

7 pints of stella JRD?????? There was only 3 of us ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ladies there are some pics in the hot pics of ed thread that show him clearly swelling with pride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o :shock: :shock: :shock: :corn: :corn: :corn:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5950&start=7965
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    jrd wrote:

7 pints of stella JRD?????? There was only 3 of us ;)

obviously by that point i'd lost the ability to count properly... or at all... :fp:
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    jrd wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Just popped in to apologise to jrd for spitting crisps at him. :oops:

:lol::clap: :thumbup: That was spectacular Clare :fp:

memo to Claire - never own up to anything when other people are (clearly, i assume) p*ssed. :fp:

in other words, i didn't remember anything about said incident until you owned up!

as to whether i do or don't remember now... i'm not sayin' nuthin'... 8-)

I really thought everyone else was sober! I thought it was only me staggering round talking nonsense, I think I thought I was 'mingling'. I'm a little shy at times - perhaps not when alcohol is involved :oops:
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    veddertown wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    Didn't get much chance to speak to Dunc unfortunately as it was so close to PJ stage time. Jenny did you take your ferry trip yet?

Aye, wandered home slowly today! Took an age, but I didn't mind that tbh. The train along the coast of Wales to Holyhead was lovely, and I would do it again if I wasn't in a rush :D

As for Dunk - I shall neither confirm or deny anything - I will say that he still managed to make me laugh though, bless him :lol:

Sounds like a worthwhile trip anyway. Mine wasn't so nice. Departed Manc just after 7 on route to Aberdeen and after a lot of weather problems we were diverted all the way back again as there were no suitable airports available in Scotland! Finally got back home around half 5 but only after only getting on a cancelled seat. Should have been home at 10am... :roll: Nice to meet you again though and Al of course.

Dude it was so good to get to hang out with you..you are an absolute gent! ;)

I fuckin love you guys more every time we meet!!!!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

awwww mushy Dublin crew Love from Al, so sweet :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    *nonchalantly wanders into Dublin crew thread*
    Hello peeps,
    I just wanted to say thank you for all being lovely and just how ace it was to see you all last week (I can't believe it is a week already!)
    Hope you've seen the photo Bas took of the circle of love from night 2, it's a great pic.
    :D x
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

awwww mushy Dublin crew Love from Al, so sweet :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

We're all too mushy in this Crew! :lol:
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Something something something Amsterdam!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    *nonchalantly wanders into Dublin crew thread*
    Hello peeps,
    I just wanted to say thank you for all being lovely and just how ace it was to see you all last week (I can't believe it is a week already!)
    Hope you've seen the photo Bas took of the circle of love from night 2, it's a great pic.
    :D x

Great couple of evenings with you all.

Great photo :D
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    helloooooo!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    ....is it me you're looking for....
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

Don't start with the Lionel, Al...
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    jrd wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

Don't start with the Lionel, Al...

There's always time for Lionel. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    morning all !
    Emmi hi xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Emmi!

Quiet in here... page 2 :o
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Hi Emmi!

Quiet in here... page 2 :o

its that damn whats app hahaha
  • Options
    i've spent 1hour 24 minutes of my lunch watching quality videos of PJ in Manchester.... :corn: :corn: :corn:

might be the best wee break I've ever had.... 2 nights of fun, frolics and flagellation. or something.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i've spent 1hour 24 minutes of my lunch watching quality videos of PJ in Manchester.... :corn: :corn: :corn:

might be the best wee break I've ever had.... 2 nights of fun, frolics and flagellation. or something.
    How long do you get for lunch Dunc? :? :D

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

i can take up to 2 hours.... Cooncil worker big yin ;);)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

i can take up to 2 hours.... Cooncil worker big yin ;);)
    Ha ha, of course.... :lol: