Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Moooorning! Listening to the new Foo's this morning, anything to get me through the day!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    Good night! I had an awesome night. Put the newspaper together and had the office listen to the Tres Mts CD.

To put this in context, it was a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds, who normally make me listen to Kanye West and Lady Gaga on Tuesday nights, so to have them bobbing their heads to some real music is always fulfilling.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    Mornin'!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Moooorning! Listening to the new Foo's this morning, anything to get me through the day!
    I've only gone for the one play-through so far - highly impressed with it (although I think it tails off with the last three tracks - good songs, just feel wrong in that order). I'm waiting till release to play it to death though :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    I dunnae wanna listen to it too much until I go see the doc in the cinema tomorrow. Very excited - Foo's and nachoes and maybe a sneaky cider out of the bag :twisted:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I dunnae wanna listen to it too much until I go see the doc in the cinema tomorrow. Very excited - Foo's and nachoes and maybe a sneaky cider out of the bag :twisted:

On a school night!!!??!? Tsk Tsk :P

I'm really looking forward to going tomorrow - glad I got tickets now after umming and ahhing about it :)

• Options
    Still haven't booked tickets for it, waiting for the boy to make up his mind. This is what happens when men are left to decide things!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Eurghhhhhhhhhhhhh :sick: :yawn:

I sooooo haven't recovered yet :(

AWESOME weekend though! Helen looked GORGEOUS and Simon scrubbed up pretty good too :D

I was badly behaved (as usual) and Dave was unashamedly drunk :mrgreen:

Apologies to those I forgot to include pictures of, it wasn't intentional as I did them in a hurry the day before.

Jenny - I miss the Knorr seasoning for meat from Dunnes... :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

I might remember this next time I'm in Doooones :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Eurghhhhhhhhhhhhh :sick: :yawn:

I sooooo haven't recovered yet :(

AWESOME weekend though! Helen looked GORGEOUS and Simon scrubbed up pretty good too :D

I was badly behaved (as usual) and Dave was unashamedly drunk :mrgreen:

Apologies to those I forgot to include pictures of, it wasn't intentional as I did them in a hurry the day before.

No worries, dear, I know you love me. ;):mrgreen:

Hope you feel better soon!!

:wave: all! Bought a jackety thing today for 10 Euro, would've been criminal not to! I've still gotta get used to the colour though, a sort of beige-y, powdery rose-y shade.

EDIT: Actually I think it's a bit peachy.. :think:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    so jenny has not scared off the boy yet :o
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    The boy is more resilient than one thinks!

'morning all. Another beautiful day forecast in this part of the world!
  • Options
    Hahaha, that's what I was thinking too ;)

This rainy here in Doooblin, but the day is young 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    The boy is more resilient than one thinks!

either that or he's been strapped to the bed and can't escape... ;)
    'morning all. Another beautiful day forecast in this part of the world!

it is indeed a luvverly day in these parts... must try to escape from the basement office... :roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    I'm loving the wedding pics... :D
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Evening all ;)

I know, I know... hardly get a moment's opportunity at the moment though :roll:

So what's new? Just renewed membership (the analogue version thingy) - downloaded Newark, looked an interesting set... and checking out the Vs / Vitalogy expansions as I type 8-)

Wedding date set for 16th Sep, Martha now 17 months old :shock: David temporarily back from Brazil (awaiting clearance for full work visa) and Sam studenting at Leeds :ugeek:

What's the goss?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    :o and what's all this Tres Mts. stuff then?? Only just found out about it and was a HUGE King's X fan when they first came out, saw them play the Newcastle Riverside (tiny venue) in er... 88? 89? something like that... anyone heard it? :eh:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Dave!!!!!!!! Nice and quick lil' recap of the last year or so! :mrgreen: Congratulations on the wedding date! All these weddings make me go soft inside :mrgreen: All is well with Jr? Enjoying Brazil? I'm sure Sam is enjoying his student life at uni! We need recent pics of Martha!

You reminded me that I also have a download to do - don't know which one. Any suggestions guys?

'morning all my lovelies.

Friday.. Yay! And don't even have to get up early (ish) on Saturday to drive G anywhere.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mornin' all :D

Foo's movie was REALLY good last night - really made me miss being in a band again though :(
    Had the album on repeat since - it's properly epic... new favourite album for sure :mrgreen:

(Oh, and Walk - track 11 - is totally my song.. bloody love it. Sums up everything I feel :mrgreen: )

• Options
    UKDave wrote:
    :o and what's all this Tres Mts. stuff then?? Only just found out about it and was a HUGE King's X fan when they first came out, saw them play the Newcastle Riverside (tiny venue) in er... 88? 89? something like that... anyone heard it? :eh:

how much did you buy that rock for? You know, the one you've been living under.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    Very much enjoyed the Foo's doc last night, even if Dave came across as a bit of an asshole :roll: When the gig at the end kicked off, the sound was AWFUL, like listening to a scratched CD bouncing off a blackboard. Ended up going for a bit of a snooze before we gave up and went homewe did get about 3/4's of the way through the album though.

Yey for Friday! Cannae wait to have my 12 hour sleep marathon tonight, I haven't had one in aaaages :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    WaveRyder wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

how much did you buy that rock for? You know, the one you've been living under.

btw: I didnt mean anything by that. Just giving you some shit. ;)
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Very much enjoyed the Foo's doc last night, even if Dave came across as a bit of an asshole :roll: When the gig at the end kicked off, the sound was AWFUL, like listening to a scratched CD bouncing off a blackboard. Ended up going for a bit of a snooze before we gave up and went homewe did get about 3/4's of the way through the album though.

Yey for Friday! Cannae wait to have my 12 hour sleep marathon tonight, I haven't had one in aaaages :D

Sounded good in Brum - hate it when cinema's screw up like that... remember the IiC showing in Manchester when it was only shown in yellow and blue - was quite a surreal experience :P

I didn't think Dave came over as an asshole. I think he's done some asshole things, but he's reached that place where he realises if he didn't do those things he wouldn't be who/where he is now so isn't as repentant about them as someone may expect. I appreciate that way of looking at things though - I have things in my past that I should regret (and to an extent, do), but if I hadn't done them I wouldn't be me... and I quite like me tbh ;)
    Think he came across as a great dad though.. the subtitled bit with his daughter wanting to go for a swim was hilarious :lol:

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V... this Salome en Noir thingy... any timings for your dancing?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    redrock wrote:
    V... this Salome en Noir thingy... any timings for your dancing?
    morning ! I was just reading back catching up on this thread.

umm no but I'm assuming the dancers will be on b4 midnight. I will check with Katie. Looking forward to a good boogie after :mrgreen:

Hi Dave, agreed we need a new pic of Martha, thanks for the up date and YAY congrats on the wedding.
    seems like everyone is getting married this year, a whole bunch of the dancing girls are getting wed. as well as you lot :lol:

Jen where are the wedding vids ?? I cant find em xxxx
    Post edited by V V on
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday jrd ! xx
  • Options
    V V wrote:

Go to Jen's profile, click on her photo's link, then select view all videos from the top photo section... should bring 'em up

• Options
    V V wrote:

Go to Jen's profile, click on her photo's link, then select view all videos from the top photo section... should bring 'em up

ace thank you
    and for you a bit of drumcorps, want to know what you lot fink of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30dtvQiP2SQ
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    V V wrote:
    Happy Birthday jrd ! xx

cheers V! :D

woke up this morning and got presented with a pressie which turned out to be a Kindle. cool.
    don't know what i'm going to use it for because i still like real books... but it's a nice gadget.
    and i like gadgets too...! 8-)

anyway, it's a gorgeous day again, going out for some nosh tonight, going on a tour of Twickenham tomorrow, and out for another meal with the family on Sunday. all good. so i don't know why some cheerful Pink Floyd lyrics sprang to mind today:
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

:lol:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    jrd wrote:
    V V wrote:
    Happy Birthday jrd ! xx

cheers V! :D

woke up this morning and got presented with a pressie which turned out to be a Kindle. cool.
    don't know what i'm going to use it for because i still like real books... but it's a nice gadget.
    and i like gadgets too...! 8-)

anyway, it's a gorgeous day again, going out for some nosh tonight, going on a tour of Twickenham tomorrow, and out for another meal with the family on Sunday. all good. so i don't know why some cheerful Pink Floyd lyrics sprang to mind today:
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

:lol:

Happy! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."