Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Secret packages for the illuminati have today been sent to Dunkman, Stonesgstring and UKDave. Redrock's will follow tomorrow.

and your gift of silvery delight will be posted off tomorrow as well....

nice :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I would surely hope so!! If someone would send me a PM, I believe I know about this society and I believe I may have access to the "Dead Sea Scrolls"...*cough*

I believe NAH has the key that will unlock the chest containing goodies of unequivocal delight :)

can we have a song like Homer and co during the Stonecutters sequence...

who has access to the best band in the world
    we do... we do...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hey you guys - a quick one. I'm gonna TRY and create a blog for this Society stuff (and anything else we want). Never done this before but....

I would welcome any ideas on how you would like it set up, what you would like to see on it (think ahead...) besides the basic who and what (and then I'll just do a list thing because I can't do anything else!!!).

Any help is welcome - as I said... never created one before!

Also - what do you want to call this Society?

PM me with ideas.

Will sort other PMs I owe tomorrow.
    redrock wrote:
    Hey you guys - a quick one. I'm gonna TRY and create a blog for this Society stuff (and anything else we want). Never done this before but....

I would welcome any ideas on how you would like it set up, what you would like to see on it (think ahead...) besides the basic who and what (and then I'll just do a list thing because I can't do anything else!!!).

Any help is welcome - as I said... never created one before!

Also - what do you want to call this Society?

PM me with ideas.

Will sort other PMs I owe tomorrow.

great stuff

if i can help in anyway then give me a shout :)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dbk wrote:
    DAMN!!!!!!!! what was i thinking?????????
    spoken like a true pro
    hows it going mate??

Alrighty mate? Just got in from work. Feel like I've been put through the wringer....again! Work - who needs it? Bosses? Ants?
    O.k, serious business - I've been thinking (yeah me!) that It may not be a bad idea to take a massive union jack flag to the Dublin show, along with a massive Irish flag of course. We could then hang them from the balcony. Maybe HH or Irish Al can take care of the Irish flag, and I'll take care of the Union Jack. Let me know what you think. It's getting near people! I can almost feel/hear/taste it!!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Seems a good idea to me. Maybe we could on the Union Jack something about releasing the Astoria boot ;) Something about freedom, I dunno :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    FYI........my email got a response....

Sorry, we can’t do poster pre-orders or anything like that.

On 5/17/06 10:47 AM, newagehippie wrote:

Dear friends at 10C:

I have a question/suggestion to throw your guys way. I have been discussing the upcoming DUBLIN, Ireland show with fellow jammers around the globe. We first wanted you to know that we are VERY grateful for the opportunity that comes with the 10C seats bracelet. I will be traveling from KENTUCKY to IRELAND to see this epic show and am very excited.

We were wondering if there would be any possible way for us to grab a show poster when we first picked up tickets. I would never ask this, as I have been to several show and deal with the usual lines, but in this circumstance, with us being let in 15 minutes early, plus the possibility that they will not allow poster tubes in the show, on top of the fact that the show is General admission and it may be hard to preserve the condition of the poster, we were wondering if there was any way possible you could allow us to pick it up when we get our bracelet (pay for it of course) so we may store it in a safe place during the show or maybe pre-order one (for those who have 10C tickets) for these specific show and have you send them to us (c'mon Santos L. Helper).. ? I know we ask alot of you guys, and you guys always treat us right, so if it isn't a viable option that is understandable, I just thought I would throw it at you. I would hate to go across the world and not get that poster, then have to succumb to those rat bastards that put them on ebay and make money off of them. Thanks again for all you do...

-Casey (newagehippie)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Something about freedom, I dunno :D
    I dunno, best avoid anything political. Some may get agitated by the word freedom and end up burning the flag?? :eek: Or maybe I'm being paranoid? :eek: :confused:
    (newagehippie)

You should buy the poster and then stick it in a carrrier bag and stick it in the cloakroom to be picked up on your way out. No problemo! Problem Solved! I am great! :D
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I dunno, best avoid anything political. Some may get agitated by the word freedom and end up burning the flag?? :eek: Or maybe I'm being paranoid? :eek: :confused:

That's ok so long as they burn it AFTER the band see the message :cool: :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    O.k, serious business - I've been thinking (yeah me!) that It may not be a bad idea to take a massive union jack flag to the Dublin show,
    I'm sorry, I really don't think I would recommend that :o . I dunno, I've never seen a massive union jack in this country and can't say for sure how it would go down but I for one wouldn't risk it :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I'm sorry, I really don't think I would recommend that :o . I dunno, I've never seen a massive union jack in this country and can't say for sure how it would go down but I for one wouldn't risk it :o

O.k, how about the flag of Papua New Guinea, just to confuse the fuckers? :D

i agree...

if it were a Kaiser Chiefs show maybe.... Oh I predict a Riot... I predict a riot!!!!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    O.k, how about the flag of Papua New Guinea, just to confuse the fuckers? :D

Yeh that should do it :D

Sorry though :o . It might be ok (I doubt it though) but ya don't want to take that risk of it ruining your night.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    what about makin ur own counrty and flag and beging PJ to play there , that would confuse the band ! :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Wasn't there some talk about having a scottish flag. I know Neil and Fraser aren't going to be there but someone was going to carry the flag for them (or have I been dreaming all of this?) :confused:
    great stuff

if i can help in anyway then give me a shout :)

Thanks :) You'l probably hear me all the way from down here in an hour or two - I have absolutely no idea of what I'm doing!! :D:D:D
    redrock wrote:
    Wasn't there some talk about having a scottish flag. I know Neil and Fraser aren't going to be there but someone was going to carry the flag for them (or have I been dreaming all of this?) :confused:

in Ireland (and Hellsy will correct me i'm sure) but you'd get away with a Scotland flag no problems

but first sign of the Union Jack and they'll chuck potatoes at you and basically will chop you up and boil you for exactly 800secs.. i have no idea what that is in minutes and nor do i know the gas equivalent they will boil you at but at electric ring status it'll be a 4 if that helps :)
    God Dunk... you have such a way of messing up minds so early in the morning! I'll be confused all day long now!
    in Ireland (and Hellsy will correct me i'm sure) but you'd get away with a Scotland flag no problems

but first sign of the Union Jack and they'll chuck potatoes at you and basically will chop you up and boil you for exactly 800secs.. i have no idea what that is in minutes and nor do i know the gas equivalent they will boil you at but at electric ring status it'll be a 4 if that helps :)

Yep, this is true!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    God Dunk...

at last someone has recognised me for what i truly am :);)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Secret packages for the illuminati have today been sent to Dunkman, Stonesgstring and UKDave. Redrock's will follow tomorrow.

Cheers Byrnzie... arrived this morning ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    V V wrote:
    what about makin ur own counrty and flag and beging PJ to play there , that would confuse the band ! :D

haha that would work for me

I'll have the sunshine state of carrickfergus annexed from the rest of County Antrim

hmmm maybe not - I'm actually coming with the Czech flag!

Prague is going to be some craic I'm tellin ye!!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • LoDoubleULoDoubleU Posts: 80
    Good God!!
    This thread is way too huge!!!
    I've lost all track of whats been going on! haha
    How to be happy and true....
    Is the quest we're taking together...
    LoDoubleU wrote:
    Good God!!
    This thread is way too huge!!!
    I've lost all track of whats been going on! haha

Not much really :D

Did you have a good weekend with all the Munster people?

I reckon we can get this one up to 4000 by lunch :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    13 weeks today
    Whooooo!!

I'll be in Dublins fair city singing 'Alive Alive Oh!!!' heehee
    LoDoubleU wrote:
    13 weeks today
    Whooooo!!

I'll be in Dublins fair city singing 'Alive Alive Oh!!!' heehee

:eek: Fuck! Is that all??? It's been 5 weeks since the Astoria and that flew in so it will be in no time at all... And we missed the three month from yesterday thing :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Not much really :D

Did you have a good weekend with all the Munster people?

I reckon we can get this one up to 4000 by lunch :)

I must say that I didnt venture into town on Saturday, I spent most of it in bed with a monster hang over!!

BUT, on Friday, my friends dad's pub was closing for a refurb and we 'drank the bar dry'. Well, there were some guys there who were staying nearby for the rugby. I'm sure they were Scottish. They had kilts on, and as the night went on, they got more....well....confident. Got flashed a few times and might have some pics too. Ah the drunkness

NEVER DRINK AFTERSHOCK, IT IS EVIL!!!

Some friends went into town on Saturday though and said it was the busiest theyve ever seen but it was a good night :)
    LoDoubleU wrote:
    I must say that I didnt venture into town on Saturday, I spent most of it in bed with a monster hang over!!

BUT, on Friday, my friends dad's pub was closing for a refurb and we 'drank the bar dry'. Well, there were some guys there who were staying nearby for the rugby. I'm sure they were Scottish. They had kilts on, and as the night went on, they got more....well....confident. Got flashed a few times and might have some pics too. Ah the drunkness

NEVER DRINK AFTERSHOCK, IT IS EVIL!!!

Some friends went into town on Saturday though and said it was the busiest theyve ever seen but it was a good night :)
    Lol, oh you'll have to scan those pictures in :D . Yeh there were people from all over to support Munster - would have had tickets from early on. Oh and apparently the country is all sold out of Munster jerseys til July :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life