Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    Speaking a AIC - HH the other day we were speaking about Velvet Revolver/G'n'R and Duff. Didn't realise that Duff was playing with AIC during their tour that just started yesterday!!!! Billy Corgan is also with them!
    Really??? :confused: I saw some programme about GNR last night and they were making complete fools out of them... like Duff was going on about water skiing - 'it's just me and the ski man' :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    danmac wrote:
    Unless they bring Layne back from the dead, it aint AIC! Is Jerry broke or something? Why are they doing this?
    Duff is from Seattle, so maybe theres a link there. Billy Corgan though. Doesnt do it for me.

That's the problem with bands who lose a very charismatic front man - it's just not the same. I might get lynched for this but if you take Eddie out of Pearl Jam, it's just not Pearl Jam. These kind of guys can't be replaced. My thoughts anyway - example also (though a bit old - The Doors: they went on without Jim but.....)
    ... like Duff was going on about water skiing - 'it's just me and the ski man' :rolleyes:

That was from a long time ago. Back then Duff (and the others) was TOTALLY out of it all the time. Couldn't string two words together. Alcohol & drug abuse nearly killed him - and we know what that did to Steve!
    redrock wrote:
    That's the problem with bands who lose a very charismatic front man - it's just not the same. I might get lynched for this but if you take Eddie out of Pearl Jam, it's just not Pearl Jam. These kind of guys can't be replaced. My thoughts anyway - example also (though a bit old - The Doors: they went on without Jim but.....)

I don't think PJ would continue if they lost any of them - well maybe they would, who knows, but it's very hard to imagine them with another line up :eek: :( and I don't want to imagine that anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Woiuldn't want to either!! Just finished listening to the Astoria boot - what should I listen to now??? What the hell - I'll just listen to it again after I've put Come Back on for good measure (gotta get my fix of that song!).
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    As far as I was aware, duff isn't in GNR anymore :confused: and on AIC I don't thing it would be the same without layne but as Jerry sang most of the later songs anyway, there is a bit of leaway (spelling?) :cool:

PJ have carried on when members left....dave k, matt chamberlain (I know he doesn't really count :D), Dave A and Jack....but I get your drift :p
    I need a coffee!
    Duff is Velvet Revolver. Yeah PJ have carried on with different drummers but I think the rest of them have all really had time to make their mark on the band.

But Layne was sooooo..... I don't know how to put it! His voice but also he's.... don't now - he's just there (or was...)!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    redrock wrote:
    Duff is Velvet Revolver. Yeah PJ have carried on with different drummers but I think the rest of them have all really had time to make their mark on the band.

But Layne was sooooo..... I don't know how to put it! His voice but also he's.... don't now - he's just there (or was...)!

:D True :D:p
    I need a coffee!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    wow... I haven't been here in about two weeks! What have I missed?!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    wow... I haven't been here in about two weeks! What have I missed?!

about a week ago they decided that all the people on this thread were so great that if they replied by 4pm last friday to meettheband@pearljam.com then we would indeed meet the band at the Dublin show... pretty cool huh ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Ha ha ha ha :D
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    about a week ago they decided that all the people on this thread were so great that if they replied by 4pm last friday to meettheband@pearljam.com then we would indeed meet the band at the Dublin show... pretty cool huh ;)

haha... I'll never leave again!!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    haha... I'll never leave again!!!

Actually you mainly missed:

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yep - it's all been happening at the Astoria thread! :)
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Okay….where do I start?? On Thursday night we departed out of Cincinnati Ohio and made our way toward Grand Rapids Michigan. The trip included myself and 3 of my good friends, who ironically are HUGE Pearl Jam fans as well. We make our way along the 6.5 hours drive rocking out to Pearl Jam and My Morning Jacket, after all they are from KY, the entire way. We arrive at Grand Rapids @ 2:30 in the morning, can’t get a room, so we crashed with the other car load of us that drove up, and proceeded to drink alcohol and what not.
    We wake up Friday morning, get checked into our rooms, get cleaned up, grab some food, and we are on our way. To the bar that is. We stop at our motel bar, have a few drinks, and eventually make our way down to the CCFA fundraiser/pre-party. Once there we continue drinking donate some money, and meet up with all the wonderful PJ fans we have known over the years. Amongst them was luvisatower, lbc72, and foxymop. Enough about that, let’s get to the show.
    We enter the arena just as doors open, grab a poster and t-shirts, and head to our seat. Ed came out and sang dead man and played the first song with MMJ. MMJ absolutely rocked the house. I may be biased, but I love their music. They played a very progressive set list, and included songs off of albums from the past 6 years. Now on to PJ
    HAVE you seen the setlist?????:eek: HOLY SHIT!! I was a little thrown off with Small Town for an opener, but man did it do the trick. The crowd was on cue from then on. There were several times when someone would look over and say, “well we got about 3 more”, and nope….they played at least 12 after that!! They didn’t wanna stop playing and you could tell! It was evident that they were changing the setlist as they went, we were floored when we got songs like Why Go, SATAN’S BED, Slight of Hand, the list goes on and on. At one point Ed said “we can do around the bend if you’d like” the place went nuts. “we haven’t even practiced it, but we will play anyway”. And let me tell you, they nailed it!! They did a sit down entire second set, that was phenominal!!! The version of blood they did was absolutely amazing, it was the biggest “rocker” of the night in my opinion. Over all the show was amazing, or Awesome, if dunk likes that better. They played for damn near 3 hours, and didn’t wanna go. Most likely the best show I have ever seen. I’m not a big fan of their new laser show, but they can do whatever they want!! :D
    After they show we went to the motel bar, loads of folks from the show was there, the music sucked, Chris, my good friend, took his guitar up there and played 2 PJ songs, and brought the house down. The bar shut down, so we ended up with like 45 PJ fans in our room singing to Chris play, it was nice, but I had to go to bed.
    The next morning we got up and drove 5 hours to Cleveland. The drive sucked, we got there just around 3:30 or so, checked in our room, cleaned up, drank some beers, and went to the Preparty/CCFA fundraiser. Pretty much the same story as the night before. I didn’t get in to see Ed’s pre-set or MMJ, after all I had more drinking to do. The Cleveland show was great in it’s own rite, but couldn’t touch the night before. We did get a gem in “don’t gimmie no lip” which I had never heard. They highlight of the night was Yellow Ledbetter, not because of the song, but because Mike played it in it’s entirety behind his back, the whole fucking song!! I was absolutely amazed, and I was to mike's left so I could see they whole thing.
    Then I went to the pub and got rocked….end of trip.
    It was great to see the guys really enjoying themselves, especially on Friday night. Going into this tour I was afraid of rumors and things flying around about this being the last tour, NO fucking way!! There is no way those dudes will ever not play…..especially if you would’ve seen what we saw that night!! It was a super long weekend, and I am glad I can now recoup a little. I can not wait to see them in Dublin with all you guys for my 15th show!!!!. One word of advice, ladies, DO NOT WEAR MAKEUP, because you are gonna get your faced rocked off!!!!!!!!! Until August…..take care……sorry it is so long, there was so much more I wanted to put in there, just not enough time at work. On a side note, I was at the PUB Sat, and we saw Barbaro go down, such a shame…..no triple crown this year….maybe next………Have they announced the opening band yet?????? PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Wow newagehippie - makes us wanting to have been there! GR is one to download then! Sounds like an awsome night! Don't apologize for length of post - one like that is never too long!

And about that make-up thing... there's lots of good waterproof (sweatproof) stuff about!

Now only... how many more days to Dublin?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    newagehippie you lucky thing :) You must still be on a high. :D

Have pencilled GR in for my first download ;)

Sure you passed on a message to the guys to play an amazing set for us in Dublin :p

BRING IT ON :D:D:D:D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Actually you mainly missed:

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

'Bump'

what.... eight pregnant women standing in a line :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Over all the show was amazing, or Awesome, if dunk likes that better.

awesome is indeed ok when describing the gigs of Pearl Jam... awesome :)

nice story there NAH... could be another downloader i think :)
    nice story there NAH... could be another downloader i think :)

Chime said she is considering that one...

Still trying to download bloody Chicago 2!
    Okay….where do I start??

Wow that all sounds absolutely fucking brilliant :) and I think we all know how you're feeling right now :D

On a side note, Ireland have the triple crown this year ;)

So where are the pictures?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    Chime said she is considering that one...

yes Chime can join our Secret Society cant she ;);)
    yes Chime can join our Secret Society cant she ;);)

;);) if she wants to... ;);)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Are we missing any at the moment...?

Society Members that is... ;) :cool:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Haven't from Stoney....
    UKDave wrote:

:mad: Well I don't like being left out of stuff... but I've a feeling I'd be useless to your society :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Aawwww, don't feel left out! All societies need supporters, ummmm cheerleaders (for Dunky or was it Dave?)... a guide in Dublin....

We can work something out!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    UKDave wrote:

Do I need to "recruit" any of our recent American friends to the society? ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    I think newagehippie is part of the family now, isn't he?
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    redrock wrote:
    Haven't from Stoney....

*ears prick up* I heard my name mentioned...anything I should be aware of :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles