Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Buru wrote:
    hmm is it newagehippies birthday or did I misread completely the list in "todays bbirthdays"?

If it is... happy birthday man!!
    :D

If not, happy birthday all the same
    ;)

newagehippie if it was your birthday yesterday I hope you had a splendid day :):D:)

Birthday on a weekend what could be better :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i got an answer from Basecamp about the boot... its not a no and its not a yes... but it looks like its been recorded!! well maybe thats optimistic interpretation :)

on a side note... due to my continuing obsession with this band i forgot about our 7 year anniversary today... must buy flowers and a card later :o:o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    i got an answer from Basecamp about the boot... its not a no and its not a yes... but it looks like its been recorded!! well maybe thats optimistic interpretation :)

on a side note... due to my continuing obsession with this band i forgot about our 7 year anniversary today... must buy flowers and a card later :o:o

thanks for making me giggle. You're the first person I've seen put a reason for their edit. I think we may have found a new toy :D:D:D

So how far in the bad books are you Dunk :confused: I mean you are taking her to PJ :o
    Chime wrote:
    So how far in the bad books are you Dunk :confused: I mean you are taking her to PJ :o

i'm not even on the cover of the bad books... she wasnt to bothered at all!!

normally we have a big meal planned or we do something, but with Astoria, holiday in 2 weeks, and birthdays, etc... we just decided to get a big takeaway on Sat night!! so because there was no hoohah about it i kinda forgot :o she got me a card so i'll get her a card and some flowers and some wine to make up for it :)

she knows how forgetful i am.... i once took the Sky remote control to a wedding :eek: .... i put it into my shirt pocket and i was having my meal and i had the bloody sky remote in my shirt pocket :D:D

i must say that this was the old analogue sky remote by Pace... and not the huge big one we have nowadays ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Has everyone received their pre-order albums yet? Mine came Saturday.

And has anyone heard Neil Youngs new one? It's called 'Living with War' and really sticks it to Bush.

I.e, 'Let's Impeach The President'

Let's Impeach The President for lyin'
    And misleading our country into war
    Abusing all the power that we gave him
    And shipping all our money out the door

Who's the man who hired all the criminals?
    The white House shadows who hide behind closed doors
    They bend the facts to fit with their new story
    Of why we had to send our men to war

Let's impeach the preseident for spyin'
    On citizens inside their own homes
    Breaking every law in the country
    Tapping our computers and telephones

What If Al-Quaeda blew up the levees
    would New Orleans have been safer that way
    Sheltered by our government's protection
    Or was someone just not home that day?

Let's impeach the president for hijacking
    Our religion and using it to get elected
    Dividing our country into colours
    And still leaving black people neglected

Thank god he's cracking down on steroids
    Since he sold his old baseball team
    There's lots of people looking at big trouble
    But of course our President is clean

Thank God
    i'm not even on the cover of the bad books... she wasnt to bothered at all!!

normally we have a big meal planned or we do something, but with Astoria, holiday in 2 weeks, and birthdays, etc... we just decided to get a big takeaway on Sat night!! so because there was no hoohah about it i kinda forgot :o she got me a card so i'll get her a card and some flowers and some wine to make up for it :)

she knows how forgetful i am.... i once took the Sky remote control to a wedding :eek: .... i put it into my shirt pocket and i was having my meal and i had the bloody sky remote in my shirt pocket :D:D

i must say that this was the old analogue sky remote by Pace... and not the huge big one we have nowadays ;)

Good :cool:

I could never understand the people who get really stressed about these kind of things.
    Byrnzie wrote:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll be racing home every night now until it arrives
    Byrnzie wrote:

And has anyone heard Neil Youngs new one? It's called 'Living with War' and really sticks it to Bush.

I.e, 'Let's Impeach The President'

Let's Impeach The President for lyin'
    And misleading our country into war
    Abusing all the power that we gave him
    And shipping all our money out the door

Thank God

i'll need to listen to his new album actually

i take it this is third person narrative from Neil as he's Canadian :D

all this "our" business... is he american now :confused:

well he can be whatever he wants... he's great :cool:

i take it this is third person narrative from Neil as he's Canadian :D

all this "our" business... is he american now

I suppose that seeing as Bush see's himself as 'President of the world', then 'we' are allowed a bit of poetic licence in these matters. And I mean, hey, he did lead 'our' country to war, though somewhat indirectly. And far as I know, Canada has been sending troops over to Iraq aswell. So, yeah, we'll forgive Neil. :cool:
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Byrnzie wrote:

When did you order your's? Was it quite close to it being announced?
    I only ordered mine a couple of weeks before it was actually due to be released, so I may have to wait longer :confused:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles

When did you order your's? Was it quite close to it being announced?
    I only ordered mine a couple of weeks before it was actually due to be released, so I may have to wait longer :confused:

I oredered it ages ago - pretty soon to when it was first announced. I doubt you'd have to wait too much longer though.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I oredered it ages ago - pretty soon to when it was first announced. I doubt you'd have to wait too much longer though.

I was thinking they would send out on order basis maybe. The earlier you ordered the more important kind of approach.
    Is the case a jewel case as opposed to fold out?

Awfully quiet around here today isn't it? :(

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘P.s, Litmanen was quality’

Litmanen’s a legend. I support Ajax and he was brilliant playing for them even – pure quality.

‘My first trip overseas to Ireland in August...my first passport is in the process as we speak’

Awww :) Shite, that’s a lot of pressure on me then to show ya the right places :eek:

‘Helen's super cool for letting me crash at her place and showing me around, along with Irish Angel...they rock’

:) Yip!!!!!!!

So was it your birthday yesterday??? :eek: Hmm… better not see you around here today then :p

So how’s everyone?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I was thinking they would send out on order basis maybe. The earlier you ordered the more important kind of approach.
    Is the case a jewel case as opposed to fold out?

Awfully quiet around here today isn't it? :(

It's a fold out case. I don't know what a jewel case is. It's like a booklet. Quite hard packaging, possibly not like the standard version which might be flimsier. I looked to see if there was anything written inside which showed it was a fan club version but couldn't see anything.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It's a fold out case. I don't know what a jewel case is. It's like a booklet. Quite hard packaging, possibly not like the standard version which might be flimsier. I looked to see if there was anything written inside which showed it was a fan club version but couldn't see anything.

The shop bought one is Trifold and I think 10c is like Vitalogy but hard back . Also think 10C no bar code or record company info :confused:

Hello Helen :)
    Byrnzie wrote:

Ahh I see. A jewel case is the usual plastic case you get CD's in. :)

I just checked and no nothing was delievered in a jiffy bag to my house :( How disappointing :(

Morning Helen! :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chime wrote:
    The shop bought one is Trifold and I think 10c is like Vitalogy but hard back . Also think 10C no bar code or record company info :confused:

Hello Helen :)

The 10 club isn't tri-fold. It's hard back. The bonus c.d is in a basic cardboard case, a bit flimsy. I haven't played it yet.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hello all,

The wonderful girlfriend just rang me to say that a cd from ten club just arrived in the post, cannot wait to get home tonight!

Hope all had a great weekend, I did "COME ON YOU REDS". Thank fuck stevie g didn't leave for the chelski scum in the summer. As he ran up to the ball I shouted at the screen "DON'T SHOOT" cause he'd sky'd his last two before that, how wrong I was, def goal of the season! Byrnzie, can't remember if you said you'd been in istanbul last year or not but the reds certainly know how to scare the shit out of us ;)

Its a rainy day out but I'm really fucking happy with life :D
    I need a coffee!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I want my 10c cd!

I'm off work with a fucking killer migraine (yeah beng on the pc isn't helping so I'm going in a minute - was just emailing afternoon lessons to school) and the posts already been so I'm not happy!

I'm exhausted - anyone else find they need at least 12 hours sleep a night to function properly? I'm gonna have to start going to bed as soon as I get in from work!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hello all,

The wonderful girlfriend just rang me to say that a cd from ten club just arrived in the post, cannot wait to get home tonight!

Hope all had a great weekend, I did "COME ON YOU REDS". Thank fuck stevie g didn't leave for the chelski scum in the summer. As he ran up to the ball I shouted at the screen "DON'T SHOOT" cause he'd sky'd his last two before that, how wrong I was, def goal of the season! Byrnzie, can't remember if you said you'd been in istanbul last year or not but the reds certainly know how to scare the shit out of us ;)

Its a rainy day out but I'm really fucking happy with life :D

It was another amazing game. Liverpool certainly like to win in the most dramatic ways possible. I reckon they probably started feeling a bit over confident. I kind of hoped West ham would score early as it would give Liverpool the drive to crank it up a notch. We normally play better when up against it. Gerrards second goal was awesome. Bring on the World cup.

P.s, I wasn't in Istanbul. I haven't seen em' for a few years now. I'm gonna have to try and get up there next season.
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749

:) Yip!!!!!!!

So was it your birthday yesterday??? :eek: Hmm… better not see you around here today then :p

Yep....just another day!! I was at my best friend's wedding all weekend....unfortunately, I didn't talk him out of it...LOL....

I was going to take off work today, but if I did , I wouldn't be able to take off for a week in August...so here I am!!
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Yep....just another day!! I was at my best friend's wedding all weekend....unfortunately, I didn't talk him out of it...LOL....

I was going to take off work today, but if I did , I wouldn't be able to take off for a week in August...so here I am!!

I think I've already said happy birthday but now it's been confirmed

:):D:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY :):D:)

Hope you are fully over the kidney stone and had a good day.

EDIT: forgot how few vacation days you guys get :(
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It was another amazing game. Liverpool certainly like to win in the most dramatic ways possible. I reckon they probably started feeling a bit over confident. I kind of hoped West ham would score early as it would give Liverpool the drive to crank it up a notch. We normally play better when up against it. Gerrards second goal was awesome. Bring on the World cup.

P.s, I wasn't in Istanbul. I haven't seen em' for a few years now. I'm gonna have to try and get up there next season.

Me and my mate decided after the semi that we would go. Paid a fortune, flight out was delayed by 2 1/2 hours (but dublin airport were serving booze at 5 in the morning :D), just had time to call into the hotel for a shower then off to the match. ONly one road into the ground so took ages but the banter on the bus was class. got there, amazing game (as everyone knows), then we came out and we couldn't find our bus anywhere. Had to try and get taxi but they were trying to charge €1000 for a €50 trip so we were saing fuck off. then these two scoucers in a taxi passed us and asked if we wanted to share....happy days. The taxi man tried to charge us €400 when we got into centre but we said eh no and gave him €120, he was happy out. Then turned out there were 3 hotels with the same name as ours and we were at the wrong one, so another taxi. Got to the hotel at 7.30 in the morning having not eaten since 5 the previous morning. Got in and the bar was jumpin, so had a few scoops and cold steak sambos then back on the bus to the airport. Got to the airport and flight delayed by 7 hours, so we all kicked up and amazingly a plane appeared on the tarmac two hours late. Got home and it was all worth it!!

I tell ya if they had of lost someone would have been killed at the airport ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473

you best friend stole your thunder!
    ;)

Hey, is everyone getting really excited thinking of what rarities will be whipped out in Europe? I know I am!!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Buru wrote:
    Hey, is everyone getting really excited thinking of what rarities will be whipped out in Europe? I know I am!!!

I Scot Id already whipped out his rarity at the Astoria.... :p;)

astoria... astoria....

bootleg now please :(
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

Good choice :) on both points! But yeh, that was pretty selfish of your friend :mad:

Want me to sort him out for ya?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Good choice :) on both points! But yeh, that was pretty selfish of your friend :mad:

Ah Monday Aggression.....I love it ;)
    I need a coffee!

why?? is he a some form of human Rubiks Cube :confused:

has he been unalphabeticalised??? :confused:
    I Scot Id already whipped out his rarity at the Astoria.... :p;)

astoria... astoria....

bootleg now please :(

Just when I was beginning to forget that incident you have to remind me :eek: ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    why?? is he a some form of human Rubiks Cube :confused:

has he been unalphabeticalised??? :confused:

The humour is rapidly going downhill I tell ya ;):D:p

Rockin' out to Creadles