• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    The humour is rapidly going downhill I tell ya ;):D:p

:) It is monday after all :)

Which is better....bad jokes or smut ??? :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ah Monday Aggression.....I love it ;)
    Look if you had to deal with the idiots I work with you wouldn't be making fun of my agression :D

But yeh, it's just being one of those days - and I have two burnt fingers and a burnt thumb :o which doesn't help either :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just when I was beginning to forget that incident you have to remind me :eek: ;)

I finally downloaded the only Astoria boot that's floating around and listened yesterday (as much as you could listen to it :eek: ) so got to hear the incident all over again :D :eek: :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Buru wrote:
    you best friend stole your thunder!
    ;)

Hey, is everyone getting really excited thinking of what rarities will be whipped out in Europe? I know I am!!!
    :D

I noticed they played 'I'm open' at Albany, New York on Thursday. I've not seen them play that anywhere before.
    Chime wrote:
    I finally downloaded the only Astoria boot that's floating around and listened yesterday (as much as you could listen to it :eek: ) so got to hear the incident all over again :D :eek: :D

Where dya get that? Is there a link??? :confused:
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I Scot Id already whipped out his rarity at the Astoria.... :p;)

astoria... astoria....

bootleg now please :(

hahahaaaa!!
    :D:D:D

can't top that!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Irish Al wrote:
    Me and my mate decided after the semi that we would go. Paid a fortune, flight out was delayed by 2 1/2 hours (but dublin airport were serving booze at 5 in the morning :D), just had time to call into the hotel for a shower then off to the match. ONly one road into the ground so took ages but the banter on the bus was class. got there, amazing game (as everyone knows), then we came out and we couldn't find our bus anywhere. Had to try and get taxi but they were trying to charge €1000 for a €50 trip so we were saing fuck off. then these two scoucers in a taxi passed us and asked if we wanted to share....happy days. The taxi man tried to charge us €400 when we got into centre but we said eh no and gave him €120, he was happy out. Then turned out there were 3 hotels with the same name as ours and we were at the wrong one, so another taxi. Got to the hotel at 7.30 in the morning having not eaten since 5 the previous morning. Got in and the bar was jumpin, so had a few scoops and cold steak sambos then back on the bus to the airport. Got to the airport and flight delayed by 7 hours, so we all kicked up and amazingly a plane appeared on the tarmac two hours late. Got home and it was all worth it!!

I tell ya if they had of lost someone would have been killed at the airport ;)

Wow, I'd of loved to have gone. Just didn't have the dosh at the time. I was gutted about missing the 2001 F.A Cup final aswell.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I noticed they played 'I'm open' at Albany, New York on Thursday. I've not seen them play that anywhere before.

yes, it was the first time this song was played live
    pretty special
    :)

I still can't believe it!
    The spoken intro was missing though, and that's such a big part of the song
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Look if you had to deal with the idiots I work with you wouldn't be making fun of my agression :D

But yeh, it's just being one of those days - and I have two burnt fingers and a burnt thumb :o which doesn't help either :(

Poor you, you need to just go home and get under the covers with Pearl jam on the stereo and a big bag of malteasers and a six pack. THen you'll be alright:) and yes I am having a feminine moment darlings ;);)
    I need a coffee!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Where dya get that? Is there a link??? :confused:

It's on this thread

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=190960

Quality is not great gets better towards the end but nothing like the IP boot that is going around so you won't listen to it much but is good for hearing Eddie chatting. Above incident is at the start of Elderly Woman.
    Irish Al wrote:
    Poor you, you need to just go home and get under the covers with Pearl jam on the stereo and a big bag of malteasers and a six pack. THen you'll be alright:) and yes I am having a feminine moment darlings ;);)

malteasers are sooo good, specially in icecream
    I've only tried them in England when I was there years ago, they need to export them more!!
    Irish Al wrote:

:D thanks :)

Yep, I think I'll be going home and getting into my pj's, having a big mug of hot chocolate/whiskey, going to bed with a hot water bottle and waking up sometime around Thursday :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Yep, I think I'll be going home and getting into my pj's, having a big mug of hot chocolate/whiskey, going to bed with a hot water bottle and waking up sometime around Thursday :)

Now that is what I call a plan :)
    Chime wrote:
    Now that is what I call a plan :)
    Yep :) and all going to plan I'll have Irving Plaza to keep me company - I'll just have to close my eyes and pretend it's Astoria :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yep :) and all going to plan I'll have Irving Plaza to keep me company - I'll just have to close my eyes and pretend it's Astoria :(

The IP boot is pretty good quality (take it you haven't dl'd it yet :confused: ). Comedy listening to the two guys who recorded it :D
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613

Sounds like a very good idea. I've had way to many late nights recently.
    It's all Dave and Dunk's fault mind. They are always on when I log on here late and start chatting to them :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chime wrote:
    The IP boot is pretty good quality (take it you haven't dl'd it yet :confused: ). Comedy listening to the two guys who recorded it :D

I'm in the middle of downloading it - hopefully! Since nothing has worked before I'm being quite optimistic about this :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Chime wrote:
    I think I've already said happy birthday but now it's been confirmed

:):D:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY :):D:)

Hope you are fully over the kidney stone and had a good day.

EDIT: forgot how few vacation days you guys get :(

I actually passed it about 1/2 hour ago...:(

But I think I am still alive...

Buru wrote:
    you best friend stole your thunder!

I know...but it's cool. There were 3 of his groomsmen having birthdays this weekend....twins on Sat and me on Sun, but remember, I was born on Mother's day....so I am the gift that keeps on giving...:D

But yeh, it's just being one of those days - and I have two burnt fingers and a burnt thumb which doesn't help either
    Did I miss your post about how/why this happened? If so PM it to me...:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Sounds like a very good idea. I've had way to many late nights recently.
    It's all Dave and Dunk's fault mind. They are always on when I log on here late and start chatting to them :D

Yeh yeh yeh, I don't see you protesting too much - do you post under duress??? :D

Well I've been up since 4.30. I was in a good mood til around breakfast and then everything went arseways but it seems to be sorting itself out - just have to get out of this mood.

Well the cute engineer may not be here but I had the cute courier and he was in a bad mood and he's so cute when he's pissed off and he was telling me about his problems and I just wanted to laugh :o I'm not a great listener, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Did I miss your post about how/why this happened? If so PM it to me...:D

No I didn't post about it. I was lifting stuff out of the oven yesterday with a tea towel but it was a bit wet and it just burnt straight through. But I was afraid to drop it on the floor covering so I had to hold it til I could throw it on the top of the oven. The fingers aren't too bad but my thumb's all blistered - cos we'd no burn stuff :(

So the gift that keeps giving eh??? :) so what did you give your mother for your birthday then? :D Glad you passed :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yeh yeh yeh, I don't see you protesting too much - do you post under duress??? :D

Well they aren't here to defend themselves so yes, yes I do ;):D
    Well I've been up since 4.30. I was in a good mood til around breakfast and then everything went arseways but it seems to be sorting itself out - just have to get out of this mood.

Well the cute engineer may not be here but I had the cute courier and he was in a bad mood and he's so cute when he's pissed off and he was telling me about his problems and I just wanted to laugh :o I'm not a great listener, lol.

Aww bless him! I like it when people are pissed off and they are cute while doing it :o Sorry I'm strange like that :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    No I didn't post about it. I was lifting stuff out of the oven yesterday with a tea towel but it was a bit wet and it just burnt straight through. But I was afraid to drop it on the floor covering so I had to hold it til I could throw it on the top of the oven. The fingers aren't too bad but my thumb's all blistered - cos we'd no burn stuff :(

So the gift that keeps giving eh??? :) so what did you give your mother for your birthday then? :D Glad you passed :o

Was the food good?? :D

That sucks....but seems you will be okay!!

I just got my mom a card and went out to dinner with the mom, dad, and brother....they were at the wedding so we kinda clebrated there too.

We try not to make a big deal outta b-days...they aren't as exciting as when we were kids...LOL :D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Well they aren't here to defend themselves so yes, yes I do ;):D

Aww bless him! I like it when people are pissed off and they are cute while doing it :o Sorry I'm strange like that :D
    Lol, yeh me too. Cos he's always in a good mood so when he comes in bitching it's just hard to take him seriously :D . Anyway he laughs at me when I'm in a bad mood so I suppose it's only fair.

Good girl - blame them for everything :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Was the food good?? :D

That sucks....but seems you will be okay!!

I just got my mom a card and went out to dinner with the mom, dad, and brother....they were at the wedding so we kinda clebrated there too.

We try not to make a big deal outta b-days...they aren't as exciting as when we were kids...LOL :D
    Yeh, it seems I'm gonna live anyway :D and at least I don't use the left hand thumb for any typing :) If it was the right one it might annoy me a bit. The food was definitely worth it :) we had steak :)

I know what ya mean. I still actually like birthdays and want to celebrate them but other people think I'm too old to do anything :o so it sounds like a busy weekend for you then?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I'm in the middle of downloading it - hopefully! Since nothing has worked before I'm being quite optimistic about this :)

If it doesn't just piece together all the songs from other boots you have :) That's what I'm going to do next weekend with the Astoria show :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    If it doesn't just piece together all the songs from other boots you have :) That's what I'm going to do next weekend with the Astoria show :D

Lol, where did you get the idea that I would have a clue how to do that? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, where did you get the idea that I would have a clue how to do that? :D

Oops sorry! :o Am I turning into, :eek: Dunk! :eek:???

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:
    It's on this thread

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=190960

Quality is not great gets better towards the end but nothing like the IP boot that is going around so you won't listen to it much but is good for hearing Eddie chatting. Above incident is at the start of Elderly Woman.

I downloaded that as well but when I try to unpack it using unrar, it wants a password! Did you come up with anything like that?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

i could think of worse things to turn into.... like a gorilla or a stork..

or a worm... or a worm thats been forced to wear leiderhosen... or something

anyway if you do turn into me then no fondling of the bum cheeks... ok maybe a wee fondle but definitely no parting of them :mad:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

:D Ahhh don't talk about yourself like that!

:o sorry dunk!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life