Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Right! And it's not color, it's COLOUR!

and re endings not er (eg theatre) got marked down in an English class when I lived Stateside for spelling mistakes for this :eek:

Although to balance things out when I first moved to Scotland people saying 'how' when they meant 'why' really confused me :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    shano wrote:
    Games I've been to:

15 Sep 1996 - Chelsea (5-1) Fowler 15', Berger 42', Myres 45' og, Berger 49', Barnes 57', Leboeuf 85' pen.

23 Feb 1998 - Everton (1-1) Ferguson 58', Ince 67'

20 Feb 1999 - West Ham (2-2) Fowler 22', Lampard 24' pen., Owen 45', Keller 74'

11 Mar 2000 - Sunderland (1-1) Berger 2' pen., Phillips 79' pen.

08 May 2001 - Chelsea (2-2) Owen 7', Hasselbaink 13', Owen 60', Hasselbaink 66'

23 Dec 2001 - Arsenal (1-2) Henry 45', Ljungberg 53', Litmanen 55'

15 Jan 2005 - Man Utd (0-1) Rooney 21'

02 Nov 2005 - Anderlecht (3-0) Morientes 33', Garcia 60', Cisse 89'

21 Feb 2006 - Benfica AWAY (0-1) Luisao 84'

Looks like you havn't had a great deal of good fortune. A lot of the above results went the other way. Do me a favour and stay away from Cardiff tomorrow will ya? :D

P.s, Litmanen was quality. Why did Houllier not see it?
  • rock_goddessrock_goddess Posts: 970
    Hey Byrnzie! Still racing ya to 4000, how many to go???
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
    Chime wrote:
    and re endings not er (eg theatre) got marked down in an English class when I lived Stateside for spelling mistakes for this :eek:

Although to balance things out when I first moved to Scotland people saying 'how' when they meant 'why' really confused me :(

You got marked down? That is sooo wrong! I mean is it referred to as the American language, or as the English language?

By the way, Newagehippie - were winding you up here! You are welcome to return the abuse! :D
    Hey Byrnzie! Still racing ya to 4000, how many to go???

I don't know, my MATHS are no good! :D

Sorry Newagehippie, my MATH is no good!
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Chime wrote:

what about

me thinks vs. I think?????
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    what about

me thinks vs. I think?????

That makes no sense because Americans don't think! :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You got marked down? That is sooo wrong! I mean is it referred to as the American language, or as the English language?

I should probably have thought about it. What shocked me was that an ENGLISH teacher didn't realise we spelt things differently :o

We just know about the American spelling of words but he didn't know about the English spelling :confused:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I don't know, my MATHS are no good! :D

about 570 to go
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    I should probably have thought about it. What shocked me was that an ENGLISH teacher didn't realise we spelt things differently :o

We just know about the American spelling of words but he didn't know about the English spelling :confused:

Middle America or one of the coast states?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    about 570 to go

We should be there in a few days then. You know I will defeat you! The 4000 is mine! :D
    UKDave wrote:
    Middle America or one of the coast states?

Middle America. Quite close to where newagehippie is originally from ;)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    That makes no sense because Americans don't think! :D

:D

We don't have to ....it just comes to us.....
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Chime wrote:

That explains it then... ;) % of population with passport........? :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Byrnzie wrote:
    We should be there in a few days then. You know I will defeat you! The 4000 is mine! :D

No it's mine i'm determined to get there before u!!! I'll do the same as nik the other day, i'll be cunning!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

Chime wrote:

Where is middle america?? Is that a new continent?? I know where North and South America are....where is middle, is that like central??

I didn't think you lived down there, I thought you were in the states??

I guess we aren't the only ones that refer to the States as "America".....LOL:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Where is middle america?? Is that a new continent?? I know where North and South America are....where is middle, is that like central??

I didn't think you lived down there, I thought you were in the states??

I guess we aren't the only ones that refer to the States as "America".....LOL:D

Also known as the "Bush" states... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    That explains it then... ;) % of population with passport........? :eek:

We don't need one....US is the world...didn't you know that?? (that is a huge joke btw...)

There are a large number of hill jacks in the central states region....but I am sure there are large numbers of those people in every country....you must remember...we only need pass port to travel out of country....not state to state or to Canada or Mexico....(as of now)....and our state to state is like Europe's country to country...roughly speaking....so it's not that we don't travel....;)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

UKDave wrote:
    Also known as the "Bush" states... ;)

only some........:)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

We don't need one....US is the world...didn't you know that?? (that is a huge joke btw...)

There are a large number of hill jacks in the central states region....but I am sure there are large numbers of those people in every country....you must remember...we only need pass port to travel out of country....not state to state or to Canada or Mexico....(as of now)....and our state to state is like Europe's country to country...roughly speaking....so it's not that we don't travel....;)

In all honesty I am almost as ignorant of the States as 95% of Americans are of the rest of the world so in no position to criticise...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    so it's not that we don't travel....;)

I know. Where I was a lot of people went to Florida for Spring break :D

I'm trying to think but I don't think any of them had been to another country other than a few on Spanish class trips to Mexico :confused:

I was in a very rural part of Indy though.

My first ever trip abroad was San Fran at 5 months old :)
    Chime wrote:
    I know. Where I was a lot of people went to Florida for Spring break :D

I'm trying to think but I don't think any of them had been to another country other than a few on Spanish class trips to Mexico :confused:

I was in a very rural part of Indy though.

My first ever trip abroad was San Fran at 5 months old :)

I've never been overseas!! Never had a passport.....

Not that I didn't want to....but my family really couldn't afford a trip overseas for 4 growing up. Now that I am on my own I still can't really afford it, but I only have to pay for one..not the whole family.....

My first trip overseas to Ireland in August...my first passport is in the process as we speak......

Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I'd never been abroad either until I went to Seattle in 2004. The plane journey kinda freaked me out a bit I can tell you. :eek:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I've never been overseas!! Never had a passport.....

Not that I didn't want to....but my family really couldn't afford a trip overseas for 4 growing up. Now that I am on my own I still can't really afford it, but I only have to pay for one..not the whole family.....

My first trip overseas to Ireland in August...my first passport is in the process as we speak......

Yay. It's quite exciting seeing someone who will be on their first trip abroad :D

We take it for granted a little how easy it is for us to fly a couple of hours and be in another country (although my San Fran thing was visiting relatives who were working there).

I mean for me I think my flight to Dublin is an hour. Do you have a lot of changes? Think I did Heathrow -> Minneapolis -> Louisville then Louisville -> Detroit -> Heathrow

and don't get too excited about the passport. The picture is bound to be the worse one you have seen of your self and then you have to carry it around for 10 years ;)
    Chime wrote:
    Yay. It's quite exciting seeing someone who will be on their first trip abroad :D

We take it for granted a little how easy it is for us to fly a couple of hours and be in another country (although my San Fran thing was visiting relatives who were working there).

I mean for me I think my flight to Dublin is an hour. Do you have a lot of changes? Think I did Heathrow -> Minneapolis -> Louisville then Louisville -> Detroit -> Heathrow

and don't get too excited about the passport. The picture is bound to be the worse one you have seen of your self and then you have to carry it around for 10 years ;)

Cincy > Atlanta > Dublin.....

there was also the choice of

Cincy > London >Dublin......

so not many layovers....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Should have done a layover in London we would have shown you around :)

Or if your layover was on the way back you could have come to Reading with us on the Sunday and had more PJ for your trip :D

Wow must be really exciting doing this trip. How long will you be visiting Helen for then ;) Is my first trip to Dublin aswell :)

Hey, you should have gone through London! Mind you, when they say London they could have meant 'London Luton', or 'London Stansted', which make no sense as they aren't in London, they're both in Hertfordshire. Still, I'm flying from Stansted, so I could have bought you a half sized can of warm beer on the plane for about 5 euros.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey, you should have gone through London! Mind you, when they say London they could have meant 'London Luton', or 'London Stansted', which make no sense as they aren't in London, they're both in Hertfordshire. Still, I'm flying from Stansted, so I could have bought you a half sized can of warm beer on the plane for about 5 euros.

And I'm flying from Heathrow so think whichever London it was you would have found one of us ;)
    Chime wrote:
    Should have done a layover in London we would have shown you around :)

Or if your layover was on the way back you could have come to Reading with us on the Sunday and had more PJ for your trip :D

Wow must be really exciting doing this trip. How long will you be visiting Helen for then ;) Is my first trip to Dublin aswell :)

The layover in London would have been about 3 hours, not much time to leave the airport...ya know?? Plus they spell theater wrong :D But I haven't booked the flight yet....as soon as I get the $$$ I will....hopefully next week!

I will be in Dublin for a week. Helen's super cool for letting me crash at her place and showing me around, along with Irish Angel...they rock. I've heard it is nice....we shall see....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

The layover in London would have been about 3 hours, not much time to leave the airport...ya know?? Plus they spell theater wrong :D But I haven't booked the flight yet....as soon as I get the $$$ I will....hopefully next week!

I will be in Dublin for a week. Helen's super cool for letting me crash at her place and showing me around, along with Irish Angel...they rock. I've heard it is nice....we shall see....:D

Ah OK pity you couldn't have got a day in our fair capital. Think theres a fair few of the Astoria crew based here so you would have given as an excuse for a good night out :)

Dublin is meant to be great though so don't think you'll miss us too much ;)