i won't be at either :cry:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    redrock wrote:
    V V wrote:
    oh dear page 2 !!!! I see red hasnt made her morning post ~ hope ur ok sweetie ! xxx

morning/evening D crew, I got to get my act together and pack. if I dont get back on have a good few days and pray for clear skys XXX hugs n kisses ;)

I'm OK.. In a rush this morning. I was soooo tired, I tried to cheat a bit and 'sleep' for an extra 15 minutes (not that it did me any good!).

V.... http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

damn, cold summer :lol:
    it was nice and 7 degrees when i got up this morning heading for a top of 14 in Sydney, coldest day in a while here 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    redrock wrote:
    Oh B!!!! Are you in 'discussions' with the mods?

Just the usual shit 8-)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    The sun (or at least brighter light!) is trying to break through the clouds here....

B... at least you haven't been banned (yet?).....

Have a good day all!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Morning all! Hope everyone is doing well on this fine day :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Afternoon all :D

So difficult to get any time at the moment, hope you're all well? All good here, we have 20 week scan on July 1st, David jnr now in China, Sam finished his exams and looks like house sale going through on their place so fingers crossed we can look at buying now. Work picked up too... sure I've forgotten something major :?

Catch you all soon ;) xx
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Hi Dave! Looks like all is well in your world! David Jnr should meet up with Byrnzie (or maybe not.... might be a bad idea :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hi Dave! Looks like all is well in your world! David Jnr should meet up with Byrnzie (or maybe not.... might be a bad idea :mrgreen: )

I think they are reasonably close... same province anyway, maybe 4 hours apart? He has his contact details which were very kindly supplied :D

Yeah all good, just crazy as per usual... how are you and yours now?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    . how are you and yours now?

Me knackered, Rob plodding along. Things are a bit different here...
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    . how are you and yours now?

Me knackered, Rob plodding along. Things are a bit different here...

Different how? Have I missed a whole lot of news then? Or do you want to pm me?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    you going to be there on the sunday beforehand for drinky winkys?

nope :(
    going up to Mancville on the Monday, getting in about 3 in the afternoon.
    'twas the most i could wangle - means i can take the Spud to school, go in and do a couple of hours 'work' and then slope off with people still thinking i'm in all day :twisted: (well, that's the theory!)

so, beers from about 3:30pm, if you're all not horribly hungover, of course... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    you going to be there on the sunday beforehand for drinky winkys?

nope :(
    going up to Mancville on the Monday, getting in about 3 in the afternoon.
    'twas the most i could wangle - means i can take the Spud to school, go in and do a couple of hours 'work' and then slope off with people still thinking i'm in all day :twisted: (well, that's the theory!)

so, beers from about 3:30pm, if you're all not horribly hungover, of course... :D

Think we'll be similar, maybe a bit later, working Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon to cut it down to 2 days hols so will be up there around 3ish too...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ah well... monday afternoon pints it shall be.... 8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    hi guys!

so i hope i'm not totally off here! but i'm guessing that the majority of poeple on this thread live in dublin? i am moving to dublin to 2 weeks and would be grateful of any good places to go out, etc... i'm also looking for a job! anyone got any advise on the best places to try, really just looking for bar type work!
    thanks in advance!
    x
  • Options
    SarahLou wrote:
    hi guys!

so i hope i'm not totally off here! but i'm guessing that the majority of poeple on this thread live in dublin? i am moving to dublin to 2 weeks and would be grateful of any good places to go out, etc... i'm also looking for a job! anyone got any advise on the best places to try, really just looking for bar type work!
    thanks in advance!
    x

only about 2 of them in Dublin! :lol:

wear that top in your avatar and go see Seamus at O'Hooters... he'll give ye a job.

best of luck!!! ;)

p.s. why are you moving to Dublin... its Europe's fastest and deepest shrinking economy... the country is like Iceland but more ehhhh catholicy... ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Think we have one person who lives in Dublin that posts regularly :oops: one or two that post occassionally

Most of us were at the Dublin show ... and others just hang around. We may not be the best use but someone might be able to help.

Hi Dave good to see you around whenever you can drop in :D ... hope all is going well for Dave jnr.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Think we have one person who lives in Dublin that posts regularly :oops: one or two that post occassionally

Most of us were at the Dublin show ... and others just hand around. We may not be the best use but sure someone might be able to help.

Seamus at O'Hooters will help!!!!!

why do we use this thread all the time!!! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    dunkman wrote:
    SarahLou wrote:
    hi guys!

thanks in advance!
    x

wear that top in your avatar and go see Seamus at O'Hooters... he'll give ye a job.

best of luck!!! ;)

p.s. why are you moving to Dublin... its Europe's fastest and deepest shrinking economy... the country is like Iceland but more ehhhh catholicy... ;)

You're a charmer!! :lol:

Is it nearly August yet??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    SarahLou wrote:
    hi guys!

thanks in advance!
    x

best of luck!!! ;)

You're a charmer!! :lol:

Is it nearly August yet??

its getting closer every day... how many sleeps is it guys? someone give me a sleeps total!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

its getting closer every day... how many sleeps is it guys? someone give me a sleeps total!!! :mrgreen:

68 including tonight and Sunday 16th Aug... assuming you sleep once a day (night)...!
    sounds alot... :x

at least we've got Bruce at the end of this month 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Chime wrote:

Most of us were at the Dublin show ... and others just hang around. We may not be the best use but someone might be able to help.

Hi Dave good to see you around whenever you can drop in :D ... hope all is going well for Dave jnr.

:roll: i am just a hanger arounder....
    was not even at that great dublin show which was nearly 3 years back :o
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Good morning everyone...

So... a band called Gomez opening in Europe. V... did Logan not sell his band to PJ????? Need to get on his case for the 'real' tour!
  • Options
    i guessed Gomez back on 6th May... i wish i could claim insider knowledge but i was just thinking about what kinda band i'd like to see open up for them... i love the first 3 Gomez albums.

quite chuffed we have a decent support.

no support at Astoria... so wee shit at Dublin... who was the Wembley support? i never saw them whoever they were.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Gomez should be good :)

Faith No More were :shock: :twisted: :D8-) ... I'm still recovering :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    SarahLou wrote:
    hi guys!

thanks in advance!
    x

I live in Dublin - you can fire any questions at me!

What kinda music or entertainment do you like? That'll decide where I recommend to you ;)

And as Dunk mentioned, unemployment is rising my hundreds if not thousands per week - so I hope you are prepared to go a few months without working here. The government have brought in a rule that a job has to be advertised for two months to Irish citizens before it can be offered to non-Irish. You may still get a job doing barwork, but it may be paid under the counter. I reckon your best bet would be to go into bars and ask. Dublin is expensive - more than you can imagine! Do you have a place to stay already?

I'm not really sellin' it, am I?!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Pearl jam rocks motherfuckers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i guessed Gomez back on 6th May... i wish i could claim insider knowledge but i was just thinking about what kinda band i'd like to see open up for them... i love the first 3 Gomez albums.

never (knowingly) heard anything by 'em. :oops:
    suppose i'll have to have a trawl of youtube... any recommendations (about Gomez) ?
    who was the Wembley support? i never saw them whoever they were.

i believe, young Dunk, that we were in a pub at the time that Idlewild were doing their thang :lol:
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

never (knowingly) heard anything by 'em. :oops:
    suppose i'll have to have a trawl of youtube... any recommendations (about Gomez) ?
    who was the Wembley support? i never saw them whoever they were.

i believe, young Dunk, that we were in a pub at the time that Idlewild were doing their thang :lol:

Idlewild were on?!?!?! i had more fun in the pub i reckon. :lol:

anything from 1st two albums on Spotify and you'll have a good Gomez start.
  • Options
    I know there is a lot of chatter about EV but still... Dublin Crew on 2nd page??? :o

Good Friday to all.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    redrock wrote:
    I know there is a lot of chatter about EV but still... Dublin Crew on 2nd page??? :o

Good Friday to all.... :mrgreen:

Absolutely shocking :o :shock: :lol:8-)

Red cancel your holiday and come to manc & London :lol:;)
    I need a coffee!