Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Buru wrote:
    yup, Rita, VV, Helen... et all

I am there thursday through saturday. I leave on sunday 27th in the afternoon.

I have a couple of family things planned already, (it's a family trip) dinners etc... but I want to see you!

Helen, would be great if you were there that weekend :cool:

Marina.. set a day when you do not have family obligations so we can meet up (hopefully week-end!). :D:D:D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:
    aw shucks...

actually, according to nostalgiacentral it was from 1972!!!!

funny... i just remember thinking it was shite!

i wasnt born in 1972.. but i remember it.. like all kids shows they were repeated throughout the dark old days of 4 channel TV.

i spent a whole afternoon staring at that stupid girl with the blackboard once.. remember that!!!! i'm sure she was playing X's and O's ( i refuse to call it tic tac toe)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    :eek: How expensive is drink over there generally?

Stay away from all pubs? :o clubs I can do... but pubs... Al :eek: come on... be serious!

i went on a stag do in Amsterdam...errr...sometime in the 1990s... and i don't remember it being that expensive. but then i don't really remember that much about the weekend... :o apart from deciding to try and speak Italian to the night porter in our flea-pit hotel to find out what time breakfast was because he didn't speak English and I didn't speak Dutch. or Italian... needless to say, i didn't have any breakfast. ;)

actually, now i think about it, it was the year Chelsea played Middlesbrough in the FA Cup Final because we watched the game in an English pub... so there you go... beer wasn't expensive in Amsterdam in 1997!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    dunkman wrote:
    i wasnt born in 1972.. but i remember it.. like all kids shows they were repeated throughout the dark old days of 4 channel TV.

what about the even darker days of 3 channel TV...!!!???

i remember Muffin the Mule... which, like mountain goats, is illegal in many countries...
    i spent a whole afternoon staring at that stupid girl with the blackboard once.. remember that!!!! i'm sure she was playing X's and O's ( i refuse to call it tic tac toe)

every now and then, if you watched really, really closely, she'd blink. honest.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • jrd wrote:
    i went on a stag do in Amsterdam...errr...sometime in the 1990s... and i don't remember it being that expensive. but then i don't really remember that much about the weekend... :o apart from deciding to try and speak Italian to the night porter in our flea-pit hotel to find out what time breakfast was because he didn't speak English and I didn't speak Dutch. or Italian... needless to say, i didn't have any breakfast.

actually, now i think about it, it was the year Chelsea played Middlesbrough in the FA Cup Final because we watched the game in an English pub... so there you go... beer wasn't expensive in Amsterdam in 1997!
    :D well thanks for your help :):confused:

Marina, that's excellent. Well I've Amsterdam this weekend and Birmingham in two weeks :o so somehow in between I can book a flight to London... I was actually thinking about that weekend... could you be free on the Friday or Saturday night? Preferably Saturday night as I'd have to get a late flight over on the Friday
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    :D well thanks for your help :):confused:

Marina, that's excellent. Well I've Amsterdam this weekend and Birmingham in two weeks :o so somehow in between I can book a flight to London... I was actually thinking about that weekend... could you be free on the Friday or Saturday night? Preferably Saturday night as I'd have to get a late flight over on the Friday

Saturday night is perfect, that IS my free night :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Buru wrote:
    :D Excellent! Well hopefully I'll make it but you'll have a great time either way :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Buru wrote:
    Do a invite thingy on facebook! Everybody does it!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Al wrote:
    Tip no.1 do not drink in the grasshopper...my mate bought a round of 15 pints and it cost him €94

Oh yeah, don't ever buy alcohol in the coffee shops... complete rip-off!! Drink in the pubs, thats what they're there for :D

Nice to know you had a good time, m'dear! Don't think I like the place, still!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • What's up people?!! It's been ages since I've been here :(

What's been happening?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    glad to see Al's in 1 piece though clearly not himself any more !!!!! more words than u had on sunday hahahahahahahahaha

jrd niiiice that prodigy sp? song always makes me think of crystal tips hehehe

marina yes that would be FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB ooooo yayyyy it will be wonderful to see my PJ sistas ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jennytree wrote:
    Oh yeah, don't ever buy alcohol in the coffee shops... complete rip-off!! Drink in the pubs, thats what they're there for

Yeah its fairly sleezy, full of dunk-a-likes :D
    What's up people?!! It's been ages since I've been here
    What's been happening?

I'm broken................
    V V wrote:
    glad to see Al's in 1 piece though clearly not himself any more !!!!! more words than u had on sunday hahahahahahahahaha

I have a vague recolection of texting you....can you pm me and remind me what I said :o
    I need a coffee!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Oh yeah, don't ever buy alcohol in the coffee shops... complete rip-off!! Drink in the pubs, thats what they're there for :D

:) thanks for the advice Jenny.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:

I'm broken................

I have a vague recolection of texting you....can you pm me and remind me what I said :o

no need for pm's !

1st " I'm fucked "

2nd " I'm dead "

LOL :D
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:

sounds like my kinda town... sounds like Jenny and mines kinda town... sounds like VV, Jenny and mines kinda town... sounds like Redrock, VV, Jenny and mines kinda town.... North Dulwich is JRD's kinda town
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    hahahahahahahahahaha :p
    dunkman wrote:
    sounds like my kinda town... sounds like Jenny and mines kinda town... sounds like VV, Jenny and mines kinda town... sounds like Redrock, VV, Jenny and mines kinda town.... North Dulwich is JRD's kinda town

:D

i used to DREAM of living in North Dulwich... of course, that was during the 3 years i was living in Glasgow...
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    V V wrote:
    no need for pm's !

1st " I'm fucked "

2nd " I'm dead "

LOL :D

.....and the memories come flooding back :D
    I need a coffee!
    Pip... at 2.15pm, I could still have had standing if I wanted. But I didn't. :D
    morning :)

oh boy I've bought some silver isis wings they came to day hahahaha they are so funny huge ! wait let me show you what they look like
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L89buEltRzk&feature=related
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=axS5faNtEg4&feature=related

but i'm not belly dancing with them I have to pretend to be a butterfly hahahaha
    V V wrote:
    morning :)

oh boy I've bought some silver isis wings they came to day hahahaha they are so funny huge ! wait let me show you what they look like
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L89buEltRzk&feature=related
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=axS5faNtEg4&feature=related

but i'm not belly dancing with them I have to pretend to be a butterfly hahahaha

cool...
    but can you actually fly with them ? maybe you should enter one of those "who can fly the furthest from the end of the pier" competitions they have in the summer... ;)
    jrd wrote:
    cool...
    but can you actually fly with them ? maybe you should enter one of those "who can fly the furthest from the end of the pier" competitions they have in the summer... ;)

oooo yeah that would be fun :p better wear trousers !

have u ever tryed to fly? ( not in airoplanes)
    ooOOoo they look cool! When are you going to pretend to be a butterfly? You should belly dance with them - it looks gorgeous :)
    V V wrote:

no, i'm too.... stout... :o
    and besides, it makes my arms ache.
    V V wrote:

I did! Does handgliding count? Def no airplanes!!!! :D:D I flew, I flew... la la la.. :D
    redrock wrote:
    I did! Does handgliding count? Def no airplanes!!!! :D:D I flew, I flew... la la la.. :D

ooooo yay she can fly she can fllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

jrd you are NOT stout pah ! (as the flying lady would say)

i had a lil go with the wings it was so fun, like a little child fluttering about I might well do any dance with them.

the Butterfly dance is for a trailor for a film that my friend is trying to get funding to make so all fingers crosseed and it might be on in Leicester square on day :D
    V V wrote:
    i had a lil go with the wings it was so fun, like a little child fluttering about I might well do any dance with them.

the Butterfly dance is for a trailor for a film that my friend is trying to get funding to make so all fingers crosseed and it might be on in Leicester square on day :D

Yay! VV on the big screen... (one day!). Those wings sound like fun... bring them over next time you come here! :D
  • As it's 1148 I can still get away with saying MORNING! :D

How are you all? AND I have to let y'all know that sadly my planned birthday festivities are not going to happen for a few weeks as I've got a lot on and left organisation too late.

What's new in internetland??
    hello scratchy man :D

I'm busy making a balloon party for Herb who will be 6 on the day you will be ........ 21 ;)
  • V V wrote:
    hello scratchy man :D

I'm busy making a balloon party for Herb who will be 6 on the day you will be ........ 21 ;)
    A balloon party?! Sounds cool! Scary to think that I was fifteen six years ago...