Lottery Wins and Losses

Comments

• Options
    JA222408JA222408 Posts: 40
    Denver Reserved: WON
    Milwaukee Reserved: Lost
    Denver GA: N/A
    Milwaukee GA: Lost

Wanted to go to more than one show on the tour but pumped to be going to the finale in Denver!
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Cincy G.A. - Won
    Detroit - 0
    Moline - 0

Will still be roadtrippin' to Detroit [again] & Moline this fall. :-&
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    Wells21Wells21 Posts: 24
    cincy ga-won
    cincy res-na
    st louis res-lost
    st louis ga-lost

Sorry to hear my disappointed and frustrated fellow family....especially the "senior" members. But as a long long long time fan and short time member 49X,XXX I feel like I am every bit the fan and every bit "deserving" as the next. Love this band and love this site! We are all a passionate part of one of the greatest fan bases in all of the world!
    8/15/2000-Memphis TN (The Pyramid)
    7/12/2003-Hershey PN (Hershey Park)
    5/7/2010-Noblesville IN (Deercreek)
    9/22/2012-Atlanta GA (Mid Town)
    10/1/2014-Cincinnati OH (US Bank Arena)
    10/3/2014-St Loius MO (Scottrade Center)
    4/16/2016-Greenville, SC (Bon Secours Wellness Arena)
    4/26/2016-Lexington KY (Rupp Arena)
    8/22/2016-Chicago IL (Wrigley Field)
  • Options
    AssronBAssronB GB WI Posts: 3
    Mke reserved 1st choice won, Mn GA 2nd & reserved lost. Confirmation 6pm cst.
    8.29.92 AlpineValley / 7.9.95 Milwaukee / 6.26.98 AlpineValley / 6.21.03 AlpineValley / 5.16.06 Chicago / 7.6.06 Las Vegas / 8.5.07 Chicago / 9.3.11 AlpineValley / 7.19.13 Wrigley / 11.16.13 OKC
  • Options
    USMC_SgtUSMC_Sgt Posts: 17
    Put in for St. Louis reserve as first and only choice. Got them. Already booked a hotel and reserved airline ticket. Really looking forward to the trip.
    Once a Marine, Always a Marine...
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    got Detroit reserved! boom
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Wells21 said:

cincy ga-won
    cincy res-na
    st louis res-lost
    st louis ga-lost

Sorry to hear my disappointed and frustrated fellow family....especially the "senior" members. But as a long long long time fan and short time member 49X,XXX I feel like I am every bit the fan and every bit "deserving" as the next. Love this band and love this site! We are all a passionate part of one of the greatest fan bases in all of the world!

I don't care about seniority in qualifying for tickets.

It just seems like more people are pissed off with the lottery than happy with it.
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Da kid got shut out of moline milwakee and St. Paul no worries still going to milwakee baby!
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    Yeah I've won my fair share through the lottery. 1 show this tour. I still don't like the lottery.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Put me on the 'poor little baby didn't get his tickets and is going to cry about it' list. !

Are you the same guy (Sean) crying about it over on the Ten Club facebook page? Dude, there's still the general public sale. All is not lost.
    You were TEN (not quite) when I joined and it just seems that loyalty is no longer being reciprocated. I know I can get on Ticketmaster with a million other people and try and get tickets for a show, but I shouldn't have to. And I probably won't. I used to sit within five rows and now I am supposed to be okay with sitting in nose bleeds with people who don't even know any songs other than five or six from Ten. No, I'm not the guy from Facebook. I am from Buffalo.
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,313
    1st - MIL GA - Won
    2nd - Moline GA - Lost
    3rd - Lincoln GA - Won
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Wells21 said:

cincy ga-won
    cincy res-na
    st louis res-lost
    st louis ga-lost

It just seems like more people are pissed off with the lottery than happy with it.
    Honest question, do you think the more senior members (who got shutout) are just the loudest?
    Post edited by Wells21 on
  • Options
    silentJsilentJ Columbus, OH Posts: 199
    1st Cin Res lost
    2nd Cin GA lost

Going somehow. I gave away FREE my extra GA ticket for San Diego 2013. Hoping for some karma baby!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,747
    edited May 2014

Put me on the 'poor little baby didn't get his tickets and is going to cry about it' list. !

Are you the same guy (Sean) crying about it over on the Ten Club facebook page? Dude, there's still the general public sale. All is not lost.
    You were TEN (not quite) when I joined and it just seems that loyalty is no longer being reciprocated. I know I can get on Ticketmaster with a million other people and try and get tickets for a show, but I shouldn't have to. And I probably won't. I used to sit within five rows and now I am supposed to be okay with sitting in nose bleeds with people who don't even know any songs other than five or six from Ten. No, I'm not the guy from Facebook. I am from Buffalo.
    Edit: I had a whole thing here but I'd rather not shit on your already bad day.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Only sent in for Cinci GA and got it.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Wells21 said:

Wells21 said:

cincy ga-won
    cincy res-na
    st louis res-lost
    st louis ga-lost

Honest question, do you think the more senior members (who got shutout) are just the loudest?
    Probably. Obviously there are less tickets than requested so someone is going to be upset they missed out. But on the 2010 tour Kansas City, St. Louis, Indy were all up for at least 24 hours on the website. I like those shows off the beaten path and those used to be easy to get under the old system (and no one complained about those cities either under the old system). Thank the northeast for the lottery.
  • Options

Wells21 said:

Wells21 said:

cincy ga-won
    cincy res-na
    st louis res-lost
    st louis ga-lost

Probably. Obviously there are less tickets than requested so someone is going to be upset they missed out. But on the 2010 tour Kansas City, St. Louis, Indy were all up for at least 24 hours on the website. I like those shows off the beaten path and those used to be easy to get under the old system (and no one complained about those cities either under the old system). Thank the northeast for the lottery.
    fair enough....I "blame" the band *disclaimer- I fully believe that they have absolutley earned the right to tour whenever and wherever the freaking want...but bottom line is if this was a true 30+ city tour it would solve most of these issues JMO
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441

Im 28, so you are saying a fan such as my self that was a fan when i was younger but couldnt go to shows and didnt know about a fan club shouldnt get the shot at seeing there favorite band up close? everyone should have that experience a few times i got 3 ga for this tour and have seen them 13 times before this this is the first time we get to be this close
  • Options
    Okay so we'll need to make two separate entries on the "poor little baby didn't get his tickets and is going to cry about it' list: you and the guy on facebook.

And who cares if I was ten when you joined the fanclub? All that means is you're too old to cry about something like not getting concert tickets.

You are right I am too old to cry about it and I have lots of great memories of when things were the way they used to be. For which I am grateful. I am at a point in my life where it seems like hard work and loyalty should be honored and not dismissed. Too many (and I don't know you, so I am certainly not saying this about you) other "fan" club members are part time fans and do things like buy a copy of Sevens to sell for $500 and make a quick $400+. There are soulless among us. I am really just venting and joking (a little) about crying about it. I will probably wake up tomorrow, grab a random bootleg and rock out on the way to another ten hour workday.

• Options
    PJfanJenPJfanJen Florence, SC formerly East Peoria, IL Posts: 58
    Thank you Ten Club, my eight year drought is finally over. Going to see PJ in Moline, GA tickets. This was my first time trying the lottery and it worked out for me.
    1998--Alpine Valley, WI
    2000--Deer Creek Music Theater, Indianapolis, IN
    2003--U of I Assembly Hall, Champaign, IL
    2003--Alpine Valley, WI
    2006--United Center, Chicago
    2014--Moline, IL
    2016--Wrigley Show # 1
    2016--Wrigley Show # 2
    2020--Baltimore--Didn't happen
    2023--Chicago United Center Night 2
    2024--Chicago Wrigley Field Night 1
    2024--Chicago Wrigley Field Night 2
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    the fact is, people who buddy up and/or create 'spouce accounts' really juice the pot for themselves
  • Options
    Won: Milwaukee Reserved.
    Lost: Milwaukee GA, Moline Res & GA, St Lou Res & GA
  • Options
    hailhail8hailhail8 Posts: 269
    cbeiting said:

I got shut out for Cincinnati, my only choice. I love seeing people get upward of three or four shows...that is awesome.

By awesome I mean it's a crock of shit.

Let me rephrase it... Seniority talks aside, the lottery should work like this...and maybe it does? Each choice should be weighted, and you can only get one pair of tix...period. This would allow a much larger majority of people to get tickets...granted you don't get to travel with the band for multiple 10c seats, but members who pay every year to stay current in their memberships will have an opportunity to see the band.

If they do a 2nd leg? well, you already claimed your tickets for the year. It's a mix of how it use to be, and how it is now...

Highly doubt they'd do it, since it makes sense.

I agree that you should only be allowed to select one show. That would spread it out big time.
  • Options
    Griff14Griff14 Posts: 36
    Detroit (Lost), Moline (Lost), St. Paul (Lost). If anyone has or knows anyone with extra pairs please have them PM me. Greatly appreciated.
    09/16/05 (Ottawa), 05/09/06 (Toronto), 08/21/09 (Toronto), 09/11/11 (Toronto), 07/16/13 (London), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/11/13 (Pittsburgh), 10/12/13 (Buffalo), 11/01/13 (New Orleans), 12/02/2013 (Calgary), 12/04/13 (Vancouver), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 09/16/2014 (Detroit), 09/17/2014 (Moline), 04/08/2016 (Ft. Lauderdale), 04/09/2016 (Miami), 05/05/2016 (Quebec City), 05/08/2016 (Ottawa), 05/10/2016 (Toronto), 05/12/2016 (Toronto), 08/20/2016 (Wrigley), 08/22/2016 (Wrigley)

Europe 2014: Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Leeds, Milton Keynes.

• Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Every time I see the subject of this, I think about Wimmers and Loders. Are you a Wimmer or a Loder?
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Im 28, so you are saying a fan such as my self that was a fan when i was younger but couldnt go to shows and didnt know about a fan club shouldnt get the shot at seeing there favorite band up close? everyone should have that experience a few times i got 3 ga for this tour and have seen them 13 times before this this is the first time we get to be this close

Nope! Not saying that you shouldn't get tickets, but within the body of your response lies my biggest problem. I don't have the time to tour with Pearl Jam like I did when I was younger. I wanted to go to ONE show and that is all that I requested as that's all that I can do. ONE. You have three GAs. Believe me. I am truly happy for you. This isn't really about your age and I was really just working in a TEN reference when I saw what your birthday is according to your profile. GAs are your best chance to put in the effort and get close. All I wanted was to have reserved seats w/ my seniority as I have to work and don't want the hassle and stress of trying to get there ridiculously early to do the pit thing. Seriously! Enjoy the shows. One of the best bands in the history of music and they back it up accordingly live night in and night out. Nuff said!

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    MayDay10 said:

the fact is, people who buddy up and/or create 'spouce accounts' really juice the pot for themselves

I got married to a fellow tenclubber, so we both had our own accounts before. We both entered this time, and would have given our spare tickets to friends if we had both won. Wouldn't you do the same if your partner had an account?

We both lost this time.

• Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    I got shut out of my hometown Denver show today and am a long time member (21 years). I am VERY disappointed, but I completely understand that some of us have to miss out when there is more demand than supply. I still believe that the 10 Club has done an excellent job of designing the process (lottery) to give us the best chance of getting (great) tickets to our hometown show. By having the priority choices for tickets it ensures that you have priority over everyone else who is trying to attend it as their second choice on the tour as we've seen today, anything below 1st choice doesn't get you a ticket unless it is for a small market where there are extra tickets available.

The band secures the best seats in the house for us and has tried to design a ticketing process that is best for the fans. For those of us disappointed in not getting tickets today, let's remember that PJ has done everything in their power to look out for us and provide the best ticketing process for their fans.

There's a reason this band has been the soundtrack of our lives and there's a reason why we're so loyal to them.

Thank you Pearl Jam.
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    Mamasan80Mamasan80 Posts: 298
    I put in for GA and reserved for Denver, Moline, and Detroit, and GA for Lincoln. I didn't get any of them. I've seen the band over 100 times in the past 21 years, and I've had some great experiences, so I'm not really going to freak out. That said, I do think the lottery is a little bit flawed - I'm not sure what the perfect system is. I'm not thrilled about paying $20 a year for basically the same free lottery as Phish does, but I guess this is where we're at in 2014.

One thing I WOULD be interested in finding out more about is how the 10C ticket allocation has apparently gone down so much. As far as I know there are less members trying for tickets than there were in 2003, and only one of those shows oversold (in response to which the band added ANOTHER area show to which those who had been shut out got first dibs on tickets). So to me, they've clearly lost a lot of tickets at each show, and I'd be interested in hearing why.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Bruins24 said:

I got shut out of my hometown Denver show today and am a long time member (21 years). I am VERY disappointed, but I completely understand that some of us have to miss out when there is more demand than supply. I still believe that the 10 Club has done an excellent job of designing the process (lottery) to give us the best chance of getting (great) tickets to our hometown show. By having the priority choices for tickets it ensures that you have priority over everyone else who is trying to attend it as their second choice on the tour as we've seen today, anything below 1st choice doesn't get you a ticket unless it is for a small market where there are extra tickets available.

The band secures the best seats in the house for us and has tried to design a ticketing process that is best for the fans. For those of us disappointed in not getting tickets today, let's remember that PJ has done everything in their power to look out for us and provide the best ticketing process for their fans.

There's a reason this band has been the soundtrack of our lives and there's a reason why we're so loyal to them.

Thank you Pearl Jam.

Finally, some PJ & 10C props! Thank you for saying this!

Besides - they haven't even announced the 2nd leg of the tour yet!!

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020