Options

Official Memphis Ten Roll call - 10/14/14

Comments

• Options
    OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    alizmi said:

Ozzie said:

Wife and I just booked in - 3 days Memphis, 3 days Nashville. Can't wait! Coming in from Scotland too, really buzzing for the show already!

Always blows me away how this music brings the world together. Have a great trip and I'll see you in Memphis!
    Thanks very much. Going to try get a show -anything- at the Ryman and soak up some music in town. Any areas recommended/best avoided? My wife hopes we stumble upon the cast of 'Nashville', ha!
    Also, need to rent a car to drive from Memphis to Nashville - any recommended companies? Will be a one way drive.
    Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
    Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
    Memphis, 14th October 2014
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    jms said:

Ozzie said:

Wife and I just booked in - 3 days Memphis, 3 days Nashville. Can't wait! Coming in from Scotland too, really buzzing for the show already!

If you want any suggestions on what to do while you are in Nashville just let me know.
    And sorry jms, meant to quote you too! Obviously I'm descended from Luddites...
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    cant wait, looking for one ga ticket though, got cash or trade :)
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Looking for 1 tenclub GA tic, I can trade 2 tenclub RS tix or pay cash
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I have an extra GA for memphis, looking to trade for either St. Paul or Milwaukee GA....
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    Does anybody on here happen to have an extra reserved or GA ticket that they would like to sell. Coming from Nashville solo.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Ozzie said:

alizmi said:

Ozzie said:

Always blows me away how this music brings the world together. Have a great trip and I'll see you in Memphis!
    Thanks very much. Going to try get a show -anything- at the Ryman and soak up some music in town. Any areas recommended/best avoided? My wife hopes we stumble upon the cast of 'Nashville', ha!
    Also, need to rent a car to drive from Memphis to Nashville - any recommended companies? Will be a one way drive.
    They usually film episodes of Nashville around downtown a lot during the day some, so you might be able to stumble upon them. There's usually shows a couple of nights a week at the Ryman, most of them are country shows. I know Loretta Lynn is playing the Ryman that weekend before the PJ show. there's lots of bars with live music downtown on Broadway (the Stage, Robert's, Tootsies to name a few) with some good live bands. Definitely check out the Blue Bird Cafe too. the first show of the night is free(first come first served) and you never know who will show up. as far as where to stay, most all of downtown is good. Don't know your price range, but best hotels downtown are probably Hilton (right by arena, across the street from Ryman and by Country Music Hall of Fame) and the new Omni (connected to HOF). There's also plenty of other hotels down on West End area (near Vanderbilt university and Centennial Park, which has a full size replica of the Parthenon in Greece). Just check hotels.com or priceline or something and if you have questions about locations, just post them here or pm me
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited August 2014
    all of you fellow Memphis attendees, those of us attending have been working on a setlist for Memphis, sure it may only have .01% chance of happening but, you never know, because Eddie is the kind of dude if sees something cool, he'd be like "aw hell let's try it", so here is the link so you all can get involved, and it is fun
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/236104/all-the-fans-attending-memphis-lets-try-something-cool#latest

and here is the setlsit we have come up with so far:

1.Undone
    2.Severed Hand
    3.Given To Fly
    4.Animal
    5.Why Go
    6.Cropduster
    7.Of The Girl
    8.Footsteps
    9.Sirens
    10.Insignificance
    11.I Believe In Miracles (Ramones cover)
    12.In Hiding
    13.Love Reign O'er Me (Who cover)
    14.Amongst The Waves
    15.Force Of Nature
    16.Off He Goes
    17.Nothing As It Seems
    18.Ghost
    19.Army Reserve
    20.Do The Evolution
    21.Rearviewmirror
    First encore
    22.Oceans
    23.Hard To Imagine
    24.Corduroy (acoustic)
    25.Thin Air
    26.Light Years (dedication to Rivers for Peacefrog1975)
    27.No Way
    28.In My Tree
    29.Mind Your Manners
    30.All Or None
    31.Porch
    Second Encore
    32.Smile
    33.Can't Keep
    34.Better Man
    35.It's Okay (dedication to the West Memphis 3)
    36.Hail, Hail
    37.Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pink Floyd cover)
    38.Outshined (Soundgarden cover)
    39.Alive
    40.Black
    41.Yellow Ledbetter
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited September 2014
    so i just learned that Tennessee is the 2nd largest manufacturer of outdoor marijuana in the USA
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    ponytd said:

Ozzie said:

alizmi said:

Ozzie said:

They usually film episodes of Nashville around downtown a lot during the day some, so you might be able to stumble upon them. There's usually shows a couple of nights a week at the Ryman, most of them are country shows. I know Loretta Lynn is playing the Ryman that weekend before the PJ show. there's lots of bars with live music downtown on Broadway (the Stage, Robert's, Tootsies to name a few) with some good live bands. Definitely check out the Blue Bird Cafe too. the first show of the night is free(first come first served) and you never know who will show up. as far as where to stay, most all of downtown is good. Don't know your price range, but best hotels downtown are probably Hilton (right by arena, across the street from Ryman and by Country Music Hall of Fame) and the new Omni (connected to HOF). There's also plenty of other hotels down on West End area (near Vanderbilt university and Centennial Park, which has a full size replica of the Parthenon in Greece). Just check hotels.com or priceline or something and if you have questions about locations, just post them here or pm me
    Thanks for the info. Staying at Louews Vanderbilt (if I've spelled correctly) which seems decently placed. Everything closer to the river was booked up. Now doing 4 days Nash. and 2 Memphis.
    What's the driving like into the city? Not too fraught I hope!
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    Ozzie said:

ponytd said:

Ozzie said:

alizmi said:

Ozzie said:

Thanks for the info. Staying at Louews Vanderbilt (if I've spelled correctly) which seems decently placed. Everything closer to the river was booked up. Now doing 4 days Nash. and 2 Memphis.
    Driving in Nashville is easy. You shouldn't have any problems at all. Lowes probably runs a shuttle but it should be great walking weather in October. NHL season will be starting around the same time so lots of people should be out and about.
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    If anybody is going to be in Nashville the Saturday before the Memphis show, I think its the 11th, and you want to go to an nhl game I will give you my tickets to the Nashville v Dallas game. Pretty good seats and a great way to start a Saturday night of bar hopping Broadway.
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    edited September 2014
    With all respect, I'd rather see a show with a set list picked by the band.
    Post edited by dogtown on
  • Options
    Two Months from tomorrow, Can't Wait!!
    Still trying to get Light Years played for all of us who have lost loved ones. Please check it out…
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/233068/please-play-light-years-in-memphis-please
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    Only 2 months??!!! Man time is flying....this show is gonna be EPIC!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    I will be leaving the show only to arrive at work a few hours later from Nashville. PJ is the only band ill lose sleep to see.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

the Loews Vanderbilt is a really nice hotel. Great location too. Some good restaurants right there(great Indian place across the street and Ruth Chris steakhouse is in the same building). Lot's of good bars on 21st ave/Division street about a 5-10min walk away. There's a great little 24hr restaurant about 2-3 blocks behind the hotel called Cafe Coco and then there's Krispy Kreme doughnuts behind the hotel too. Those things are like crack! lol Like JMS said, driving into the city isn't that bad. Can get heavy traffic in morning and afternoon rush hour, but other than that, it's pretty good

• Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    still looking for that elusive GA pit ticket, I have a phish vegas halloween to trade if anyone wants :)
  • Options
    ponytd said:

the Loews Vanderbilt is a really nice hotel. Great location too. Some good restaurants right there(great Indian place across the street and Ruth Chris steakhouse is in the same building). Lot's of good bars on 21st ave/Division street about a 5-10min walk away. There's a great little 24hr restaurant about 2-3 blocks behind the hotel called Cafe Coco and then there's Krispy Kreme doughnuts behind the hotel too. Those things are like crack! lol Like JMS said, driving into the city isn't that bad. Can get heavy traffic in morning and afternoon rush hour, but other than that, it's pretty good

Thanks for the info. They just opened a KK near my house - way too tempting!
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I need another single ticket. Anyone have a good spare?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Looking for 1 GA
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    gettin close
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    Ticket found.
  • Options
    Air23 said:

Looking for 1 GA

Help me out please!
  • Options
    36 days
  • Options
    LinnaLinna Stockholm, Sweden Posts: 105
    I'll be there, leaving for the US and this tour in less than three weeks. Can't wait!
    A friend has two 10c RS if anyone wants to trade for a pair of GA. Or I have GA for Lincoln and Moline to trade for a single GA. :)
    2014: Stockholm 6/28, Cinci 10/1, StL 10/3, ACL 10/5, Tulsa 10/8, Lincoln 10/9, ACL 10/12, Memphis 10/14, Detroit 10/16, Moline 10/17, StP 10/19, MKE 10/20, Denver 10/22, Bridge School 10/25 & 10/26.
    2015: NYC 9/26, Bogotá 11/25, Mexico City 11/28.
    2016: Philly 4/28, NYC 5/1 and 5/2, Quebec 5/5, Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Wrigley 8/20 & 8/22. (+ EV: Ohana 8/27).
    2017: RRHOF 4/7 (+EV: Amsterdam1 4/27, Sicily 6/26 & 6/27, Louisville 9/23, Franklin 9/24)
    Fan since the first time I heard Jeremy on MTV in 1992. White whales: Other Side & Brother. Love, peace & PJ! – Linn
  • Options
    looking for 1 ga here as well, also is there gambling in memphis?
  • Options
    zevilone said:

looking for 1 ga here as well, also is there gambling in memphis?

Tunica, MS is the gambling mecca of that area. It is just south of Memphis.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    There is a dog track somewhere in West Memphis, but Riverrunner frowns on that sort of thing. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

There is a dog track somewhere in West Memphis, but Riverrunner frowns on that sort of thing. ;)

PBM

Yes. Yes indeed. You get me, PBM.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi