Options

"Odds Feature"

Comments

• Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    One thing the odds thing will help is to give you your best option at each show.

Right now you would choose Reserved at Detroit, but GA at Cincinatti.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

so if someone's 8 month old wins the lottery for a show, does that mean they have to attend the show? I mean, the person whose name is drawn has to be the one picking up tickets...

Are you even allowed to enter a PJ show WITHOUT a kid these days?

not sure...I think it's a requirement these days...image
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    smak said:

One thing the odds thing will help is to give you your best option at each show.

Right now you would choose Reserved at Detroit, but GA at Cincinatti.

Yeah I'm not liking this. I put in for both GA and reserved and now I am contemplating switching the order of my choices.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    edited May 2014

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by the end of the lottery if all of the shows are below 99%, nobody will get a 2nd choice pick, right? If a show drops below 99 that means that there are more first choice entries than available seats. The FAQ says the following:

'For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system we'll randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority, and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold. Please keep in mind that not everyone can have their #1 priority.'

If all the fan club tickets are gone after the first choice drawing there won't be a second, right?

This is exactly what i was thinking. if the odds drop below 99%, that means anyone who did not put it as a first preference will be locked out. however, if the odds includes all preferences, then percentage would not be accurate at all.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by the end of the lottery if all of the shows are below 99%, nobody will get a 2nd choice pick, right? If a show drops below 99 that means that there are more first choice entries than available seats. The FAQ says the following:

'For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system we'll randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority, and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold. Please keep in mind that not everyone can have their #1 priority.'

If all the fan club tickets are gone after the first choice drawing there won't be a second, right?

This is exactly what i was thinking. if the odds drop below 99%, that means anyone who did not put it as a first preference will be locked out. however, if the odds includes all preferences, then percentage would not be accurate at all.

I didn't think they could make the lottery more confusing than it was before but I think this enhancement just made picking priorities even more stressful.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
    I would guess that these odds include all choices/preferences and arent weighted, but thats just a guess, based on this line:
    - Each ticket option odds are calculated based on the number of entrants versus the number of tickets available.
  • Options

I would guess that these odds include all choices/preferences and arent weighted, but thats just a guess, based on this line:
    - Each ticket option odds are calculated based on the number of entrants versus the number of tickets available.

i read that too. i guess it is impossible to know to really know how the percentage is calculated.

my thinking is that if all preferences are included in the percentage odds, then the percentage would not be correct for all entrants. For example, if the odds for GA show are 50% and if you have it as preference 1 and I have the same GA as preference 3, we both cannot have a 50/50 chance of getting tickets.

maybe i am missing something or not thinking about it in the right way…let me know if i'm off about something
  • Options
    MMPoochMMPooch New Jersey Posts: 68
    Hi, I'm new to the 10c so this is my first time with the lottery and all. I will be traveling to get to the shows I am interested in which are either Memphis or St. Louis. I only want to go to one show because of travel expenses, so I was worried about putting in for two shows. So I picked Memphis because it worked out better for me and I put reserved as choice 1 and GA as 2. After reading what you guys are saying with odds etc...would I have been better putting Reserved as choice 1 Memphis and Reserved as choice one for St.Louis? Is the second choice kind of a waste? I thought by putting both choice 1 and 2 for the same show I would have a better chance of tickets for that show. Sorry if this is not the place to ask these questions. You all just seemed to know the system well and I guess I'm looking for a little advice. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MMPooch said:

Hi, I'm new to the 10c so this is my first time with the lottery and all. I will be traveling to get to the shows I am interested in which are either Memphis or St. Louis. I only want to go to one show because of travel expenses, so I was worried about putting in for two shows. So I picked Memphis because it worked out better for me and I put reserved as choice 1 and GA as 2. After reading what you guys are saying with odds etc...would I have been better putting Reserved as choice 1 Memphis and Reserved as choice one for St.Louis? Is the second choice kind of a waste? I thought by putting both choice 1 and 2 for the same show I would have a better chance of tickets for that show. Sorry if this is not the place to ask these questions. You all just seemed to know the system well and I guess I'm looking for a little advice. Thanks so much.

it is far more likely to get tickets by putting reserved for choice 1. while it is not impossible to get GA as a choice 2, with the demand of GA tickets, it is unlikely.

during last year's tour, i always put GA as choice 1 and Reserved as choice 2 simply because if i didn't get GA, it was more likely there would be choice 2 drawing for reserved than GA. i won GA for leg 1 (pitt) and leg 2 (okc), so i don't know what would have happened had i not.

this time around, i am doing denver reserved as choice 1 and st. louis reserved as choice 2. i live in denver, and don't want to risk losing out. and, going to stl works with my schedule, so if i get tickets i will go, if not, oh well.

i hope this helps making your choices.
    Post edited by gettingright on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    This whole odds thing is a terrific effort at trying to help but really no help at all without more information.

If they wanted to be helpful, the number of actual tickets in each area and then the number of entries ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    MMPooch said:

If you only want to go to one show then only enter for one. If you put in for Memphis choice 1 and St Louis choice 2, there is a chance you will win both and your credit card will be charged for both shows. There is always a lot of stress around here during tour time but remember there will still be tickets on Ticketmaster and also extras on here after that or through a broker.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! I picked Reserved because my husband really prefers a seat. I just worry if I put reserve for two different shows and actually won both I'd be in a bind! I see your point with putting GA as a second choice...pretty much a wash! But I'm probably better off just sticking with the one show. Hopefully I'll be lucky and get some good tickets. Thanks again, imagine how confusing this is to us newbies :-O
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    dougfloyd said:

there will still be tickets on Ticketmaster and also extras on here after that or through a broker.

People really need to remember this. If you HAVE TO HAVE GA or you will just die, even if you dont get them in the lottery, you can find a single or two on here as friends who are initially excited bail. As far as reserved seats go, you can get tickets in the gen. sale or extras on here, especially in these markets.

and as dougfloyd said, if you can only afford one, you better only put in for one show. especially if it is because of expenses, because you will pay for both and not be able to transfer or refund. if money is tight, you;re honestly better off getting one or none and finding a ticket other ways.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    So I was right then on just putting in for the one show, since I don't plan on going to more than that. I'm confused though, would I be better off just going through TM? So really no point in entering the lottery for Reserved seats. I just thought I'd be a little closer through 10c than TM. My last show was in 2006 through TM and in the nose bleed section so I was looking forward to having a chance at being closer and seeing the band better. But I have a very high member # which I just read on another thread said isn't good for getting good seats in reserved. Oh well, I'm in it now I'll see how it works out. Can't be any worse than section 277 row 22 was, but I still had a great time that night! It's PJ how could you not. Thanks again for the input I appreciate it.
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    It appears to me the only benefit of this feature is that it demonstrates which shows/options are the most popular factoring in all choices (including all levels of preference). It is not broken down by preference so it can't tell what your odds are if you, for example, listed Detroit GA as your number on priority.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    As of 10:14pm 5/21/14:

Cincinnati, OH - GA Standing 98%
    Cincinnati, OH - Reserved Seating 63%
    St Louis, MO - GA Standing 69%
    St Louis, MO - Reserved Seating 99%
    Tulsa, OK - Reserved Seating 99%
    Tulsa, OK - GA Standing 99%
    Lincoln, NE - GA Standing 99%
    Lincoln, NE - Reserved Seating 99%
    Memphis, TN - GA Standing 99%
    Memphis, TN - Reserved Seating 99%
    Detroit, MI - Reserved Seating 99%
    Detroit, MI - GA Standing 32%
    Moline, IL - GA Standing 78%
    Moline, IL - Reserved Seating 65%
    St. Paul, MN - GA Standing 90%
    St. Paul, MN - Reserved Seating 99%
    Milwaukee, WI - GA Standing 72%
    Milwaukee, WI - Reserved Seating 99%
    Denver, CO - GA Standing 78%
    Denver, CO - Reserved Seating 94%
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i wonder if the pit in detroit is really small.

also, i just cancelled both my ga and reserved entries and the ga went down to 31% right away :-?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    I think this is a snap shot for all entries.
    It can't be perfect but lets say you don't put in GA then Reserved for the same venue.
    If you but in multiple choices and no doubles, this is the chance you will be selected.
    That is what I am thinking.

So if you put in for GA Detroit you have 30% or so and if you put in for GA Memphis you are 99%.
    They can not figure in you second choice of a duplicate date.
  • Options
    pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 631
    edited May 2014
    Moline looking like the hottest ticket. Damn. Go elsewhere people :)
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048

i wonder if the pit in detroit is really small.

It is a hockey arena. Should be a good size GA.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    MMPooch said:

So I was right then on just putting in for the one show, since I don't plan on going to more than that. I'm confused though, would I be better off just going through TM? So really no point in entering the lottery for Reserved seats. I just thought I'd be a little closer through 10c than TM. My last show was in 2006 through TM and in the nose bleed section so I was looking forward to having a chance at being closer and seeing the band better. But I have a very high member # which I just read on another thread said isn't good for getting good seats in reserved. Oh well, I'm in it now I'll see how it works out. Can't be any worse than section 277 row 22 was, but I still had a great time that night! It's PJ how could you not. Thanks again for the input I appreciate it.

All 10c tickets are better than TM tickets. 10c states that they reserve the best tickets for 10c members. I have a high number and saw 5 shows last year. I was very happy with all of my 10c tickets.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    FrankieG said:

As of 10:14pm 5/21/14:

Cincinnati, OH - GA Standing 98%
    Cincinnati, OH - Reserved Seating 63%
    St Louis, MO - GA Standing 69%
    Tulsa, OK - GA Standing 99%
    Detroit, MI - GA Standing 32%
    Moline, IL - GA Standing 78%
    Moline, IL - Reserved Seating 65%
    St. Paul, MN - GA Standing 90%
    Milwaukee, WI - GA Standing 72%
    Milwaukee, WI - Reserved Seating 99%
    Denver, CO - GA Standing 78%
    Denver, CO - Reserved Seating 94%

As of 7:42 AM EST 5/22/14:

Cincinnati, OH - GA Standing 88%
    Cincinnati, OH - Reserved Seating 58%
    St Louis, MO - GA Standing 60%
    Tulsa, OK - GA Standing 94%
    Detroit, MI - GA Standing 28%
    Moline, IL - GA Standing 65%
    Moline, IL - Reserved Seating 54%
    St. Paul, MN - GA Standing 78%
    Milwaukee, WI - GA Standing 61%
    Milwaukee, WI - Reserved Seating 86%
    Denver, CO - GA Standing 65%
    Denver, CO - Reserved Seating 79%
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    MayDay10 said:

markets are open

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i think this is just one clever strategy and way for the band to make stronger set lists in advance for the more desired 10C shows.

• Options
    lowlighterlowlighter Posts: 315
    I wonder what the typical odds were for past tours? If what is happening in Moline and Detroit is the norm or are they really that hot of sellers..
    Milwaukee -- 07-08-1995 -- Salt Lake City - 1996 (Brad)-- Kansas City 07-03-1998-- Maryland Heights 07-02-1998-- Minneapolis 06-30-1998-- Alpine Valley 1999 - Tibet Freedom Concert (Eddie Solo)-- Kansas City 10-12-2000-- East Troy 10-08-2000-- Chicago 06-18-2003-- Council Bluffs 06-13-2003-- Bonner Springs 06-12-2003-- St. Paul 06-26-2006-- Milwaukee 06-30-2006-- Chicago 08-24-2009-- Kansas City 05-03-2010-- East Troy 09-03-2011-- East Troy 09-04-2011-- Chicago 07-19-2013-- Lincoln 10-9-2014 -- Moline 10-17-2014 -- Chicago 08-20-2016 -- Chicago 08-22-2016
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    When the odds for Detroit GA get to 0% or lower, I will begin to be suspicious of this odds feature.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Begin Panic...
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

so if someone's 8 month old wins the lottery for a show, does that mean they have to attend the show? I mean, the person whose name is drawn has to be the one picking up tickets...

Are you even allowed to enter a PJ show WITHOUT a kid these days?

not sure...I think it's a requirement these days...image
    only if u want a tambourine...otherwise leave your kid at home
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    If you want to make it less stressful, follow my lead.

Put in for the shows you want to attend. Stay the hell away from the ticket page. Check your email next Wednesday. Either you have tickets or you don't.

It may not help w/ your planning, but it'll keep you from thinking about it.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 589

if the odds drop below 99%, that means anyone who did not put it as a first preference will be locked out. however, if the odds includes all preferences, then percentage would not be accurate at all.

Exactly. Unfortunately, I think there's going to be many, many cases (and thus a lot of bitching on this board) of people asking: "I had (insert show) as my first preference... how did I not get it and somebody that had it as their 5th preference did?" I just can't help but think this is going to happen.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22