Options

Pearl Jam Fall 2014 US Tour

Comments

• Options
    hikerjuleshikerjules South Bend, IN Posts: 19
    njnancy said:

hehe, Love the idea of PJA, except it should be based around supporting the ongoing addiction, cuz we don't want to stop!

I am hoping to meet some of those kind members, and maybe share tickets with, since if I win, I doubt I will be able to find anyone to come along. Alas, my friends have somehow avoided the magical power of a PJ concert. I went to Pitt and Buff last tour with a friend who cannot afford to go to more at this time. Also went to Phx alone. Not as much fun, but there are few other places I want to be than at a PJ concert!

I haven't been to any, which is a shame since there have been so many great ones so close to me. MSG would be the closest; even in NJ I'm right on the Hudson - that's where I've been going since my first concert at 14 - there is something special about a Garden concert. Haven't been to many concerts, any band, in the past 20 years. Which would be PJ's career - lol. Life just got real complicated in the '90's. It still is, but I'm finally determined to regain my interests and this is definitely one that's been neglected. I have been tossing around the idea of going to one of the shows alone - was hoping to drive, but all the venues are at least 2 days from here. Denver is my preference; but it seems to be everyone's preference - odds are not good. If I wanted to go to OK - that's got great odds, but don't think so. Was also thinking of Memphis. I have 24 hours to make up my mind for the lottery. I have the same dilemma with the tickets - only going to use one - but i'm sure there will be people who want to go - just remember, face value only!

There are some fun threads in 'All Encompassing Trip' and 'Other Music' - game threads - if you're interested. You've made one board friend :-h , you may want to post in some other threads and mention that you're new. People are very concentrated on getting tickets and the lottery in this thread right now. Not that you won't get a hello from folks. Have fun - PM me if you have questions.

hehe, Love the idea of PJA, except it should be based around supporting the ongoing addiction, cuz we don't want to stop!

I am hoping to meet some of those kind members, and maybe share tickets with, since if I win, I doubt I will be able to find anyone to come along. Alas, my friends have somehow avoided the magical power of a PJ concert. I went to Pitt and Buff last tour with a friend who cannot afford to go to more at this time. Also went to Phx alone. Not as much fun, but there are few other places I want to be than at a PJ concert!

Hey, Welcome to the Club!!!! I am from NW Indiana and I know how you feel. The 10 Club is a great place with awesome people. I went to Wrigley last year with a member from Australia and had so much fun. This tour I will be going to Lincoln and Milwaukee by myself. There is nothing better than a Pearl Jam concert.
    Fireman, a fellow Hoosier! I work in an ER in south bend. Maybe your job has brought you to my work?

I am so jealous you got to go to Wrigley. I didn't even though I wanted to. didn't get bid tics and never made it out of the virtual waiting room when the went on sale for gen public. I couldn't buy from the scalpers, felt it went against PJ philosophy, but it was torture!!! I wanted to be there so bad!!

I won tickets to Memphis this time. gonna make a vacation out of it and explore Beale st and have some good BBQ. Still hoping to get tics for other shows on Fri. Feed the addiction!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I have the
    bender said:

Am I that dense to think that I could've won the lottery for all shows? Why is it that the band hosts a fan club that does not support someone touring to see multiple shows? This is an anomaly to me as live shows are WHAT WE LIVE FOR.

Forgive my cynical rant here, but the greatful dead fan club woulda never let this happen. And it's sad to say as friendly as most of us are, a 30+/- WMA isn't likely to get "miracled" into fan club
    seats.

I kept hearing "He won the lottery" in my head while at work today. Cute.

It's possible to WIN tickets to multiple shows on this tour...BUT you can't do it on your own!!
    I REALLY like the new "ODDS" feature!!
    It's a great tool and if you use it wisely...it can help you accomplish this goal!!
    :-bd
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    grateful dead fan club? hard to see all this negativity. i think it sucks bad for everyone that missed out. but be aware that tickets will be readily available for those with drive.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited May 2014
    Congratulations everyone who got Tickets...and for anyone who didn't I'm sure that you'll be able to find some :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    njnancy said:

I can't believe it - i got Denver reserved. Thank you!

congrats!

• Options
    kevolutionkevolution Posts: 20
    Not a happy PJ fan today. Would've loved to have been chosen for tix, got nothing out of 4 possible choices.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

I feel for the people that lost out on the lottery, but there is still a public sale tomorrow.

I know it's not the same as 10c tickets, but in my opinion theirs no such thing as a bad seat at a Pearl Jam concert. (Even if you miss tomorrow's sale, if it's your hometown, head in to the preparty the day of the show, in many cases, ticket companies make some seats available on the day if the show.... I think this happens more often than people realize)

Don't give up hope people!
  • Options
    rohde80rohde80 Posts: 14
    1st choice 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI - GA Standing
    LOST
    2nd choice 10/17/2014 Moline, IL - GA Standing
    LOST
    3rd choice 10/19/2014 St. Paul, MN - GA Standing
    LOST
    4th choice 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI - Reserved Seating
    LOST
    5th choice 10/17/2014 Moline, IL - Reserved Seating
    LOST
    6th choice 10/19/2014 St. Paul, MN - Reserved Seating
    LOST
    1st choice 10/16/2013 Worcester, MA GA Standing
    LOST
    2nd choice 10/16/2013 Worcester, MA Reserved Seats
    LOST
    1st choice 10/21/2013 Philadelphia, PA GA Standing
    WON
    2nd choice 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY GA Standing
    LOST
    3rd choice 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY Reserved Seats
    LOST
    4th choice 10/21/2013 Philadelphia, PA Reserved Seats
    LOST
    5th choice 10/25/2013 Hartford, CT GA Standing
    LOST
    6th choice 10/25/2013 Hartford, CT Reserved Seats
    LOST
    1st choice 07/19/2013 Chicago, IL Standing GA Pit
    LOST
    1st choice 07/19/2013 Wrigley Seated Lower Bowl / Upper Box
    LOST

As a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, I have years of seeing LOST next to the events I care about. It sucks that even in the sober light of day, I still have no intention of continuing with the band. Hail Hail the Lucky Ones to get theirs. For me, I guess nothing lasts forever. At least it wasn't an OD or a suicide that stops the music...is it possible to a bitter 32-year old?

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Thankfully Pearl jam is NOT the grateful dead!

Looking at the odds page and thinking you might win every choice is sad. Somewhere we are failing at teaching math in our schools if this is the case.

I'm sorry for those who lost and happy for those who won. Will be glad to share the good fortune in cincy with my spare.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Miss TerriMiss Terri Bucksport, ME USA Posts: 24
    Happy, happy, happy! Thank you, 10Club!!! So very, very excited! See you all in Detroit!!
    Makes much more sense to live in the present tense....

Vedder-Boston 6/16/2011
    Pearl Jam~Worcester, MA 10/15/2013
    Pearl Jam~Fenway Park 8/07/2016
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    The show similarities between PJ and the Grateful Dead are huge. The vibe is the same. The faithful fans and the love for the band is spot on. I am fortunate to have seen many Dead shows in the 80's and early 90's and trust me when I tell you the music may be different but the band holds us together. It was actually he Dead that paved the way for me to PJ and I've felt PJ has been a comfort and a home to me just as the dead was when I was a teenager.

Just my thoughts but I would imagine that the host of PJ Radio, The Rob would agree as he is also the host of the grateful dead channel on XM 23.
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    Last tour, I got seats for Philly 2 on TM that were in the same section as my Ten Club tickets for Philly 1. So anyone who didn't get tix still has hope to get good seats. And even if you don't, at least you'll be in the building! My seats for both Brooklyn shows were side view and all the way up top, but I still had an absolute blast.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    RG307469RG307469 Posts: 54
    Must be my lucky day. Entered just for Cincinnati floor and reserved, and won the floor! First time actually doing one of these 10C lotteries. Looks like I have one more trip to plan for this fall!
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    SUPER EXCITED!!!! I won GA standing in Memphis. I will be driving from NW Indiana with a smile on my face the whole way!! I think the lottery with odds was a great idea, I got completely shut out of Wrigley and almost died in the virtual waiting room. I did enjoy the show via Earth Cam. Water anyone?!
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347

SUPER EXCITED!!!! I won GA standing in Memphis. I will be driving from NW Indiana with a smile on my face the whole way!! I think the lottery with odds was a great idea, I got completely shut out of Wrigley and almost died in the virtual waiting room. I did enjoy the show via Earth Cam. Water anyone?!

We'll be there to, coming from Florence, AL
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    SlickSlick Posts: 20

Indiana boy here too, Mishawaka actually
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    won Lincoln GA......lost all 5 others chances.... 182XXX and been a fan even much much longer.... don't hate the new system, as they did the senority ordeal for so many years.... props to the other winners and feel for the ones whom weren't so lucky... all we can ask for was a chance or an opportunity,....and that's exactly what they gave us.... no one earned theirs, no one was entitled or deserved theirs more...we are all fans here and when you have much more fans that seats available, you cannot please everyone.... realistically, dealing with Ticketmaster is still the biggest issue here and that's really the only thing i'm saddened about,...PJ gave us a chance...Ticketmaster is simply a NIGHTMARE!!! Once again, let the ones with the most money finish filing these arena's.... Congrats again to the winners.......Curly
  • Options
    ok ok,...I just checked out the seating chart for St Paul.... what are my chances of getting the upper bowl 3rd level behind the stage worst seats in the house tomorrow for face value? anyone have a clue on how "in demand" this is going to be? will it sell out tomorrow? even with the 1000+ seats behind the stage?? any input is appreciated....
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    I like how I already see ticket broker websites selling tickets for the fall tour! GA going for as much as $500 each! It's sad! You have true fans that didn't get tickets but somehow these brokers did! That's what's wrong with the music industry now. I remember when you could get to a ticketmaster venue early and wait in line to get your tickets! They would do a lottery in the line if there was more than ten people. You knew you would get decent seats though. Now it's just ridiculous how many tickets these brokers buy up leaving the true fans left out. Just my thoughts
  • Options
    fserranofserrano Posts: 3
    LOst out on the only show I was gonna be able to make cause my wife who will be road tripping with friends and I have to stay with the kids. So if there is a kind soul that has an extra to Denver please keep me in mind and let me know. I can pay or my wife has an extra reserved lincoln and tulsa that she has allowed me to try and trade to get into Denver. Thanks for your consideration.
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    Peyton18 said:

I like how I already see ticket broker websites selling tickets for the fall tour! GA going for as much as $500 each! It's sad! You have true fans that didn't get tickets but somehow these brokers did! That's what's wrong with the music industry now. I remember when you could get to a ticketmaster venue early and wait in line to get your tickets! They would do a lottery in the line if there was more than ten people. You knew you would get decent seats though. Now it's just ridiculous how many tickets these brokers buy up leaving the true fans left out. Just my thoughts

Unfortunately for the fans tickets are big business. Sports, music etc. It comes down to buying power and the brokers have national networks buying seats to every event in every city. They are going to take care if those huge buyers and leave the scraps for the fans.

Sad state but it's the truth. Luckily for PJ fans we at least have a chance at great seats before the brokers get their hands on them. I'll take a 20-30% chance of getting tix before having to shell out 2x or 3x face any day.
  • Options
    Peyton18 said:

agree with your post here payton... as the Moline show,...someone already has tix up for over $2,000.00 for the pair... on StubHub...
  • Options
    michael_augustinemichael_augustine Chicago Posts: 40
    rohde80 said:

1st choice 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI - GA Standing
    LOST
    2nd choice 10/17/2014 Moline, IL - GA Standing
    LOST
    3rd choice 10/19/2014 St. Paul, MN - GA Standing
    LOST
    4th choice 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI - Reserved Seating
    LOST
    5th choice 10/17/2014 Moline, IL - Reserved Seating
    LOST
    6th choice 10/19/2014 St. Paul, MN - Reserved Seating
    LOST
    1st choice 10/16/2013 Worcester, MA GA Standing
    LOST
    2nd choice 10/16/2013 Worcester, MA Reserved Seats
    LOST
    1st choice 10/21/2013 Philadelphia, PA GA Standing
    WON
    2nd choice 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY GA Standing
    LOST
    3rd choice 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY Reserved Seats
    LOST
    4th choice 10/21/2013 Philadelphia, PA Reserved Seats
    LOST
    5th choice 10/25/2013 Hartford, CT GA Standing
    LOST
    6th choice 10/25/2013 Hartford, CT Reserved Seats
    LOST
    1st choice 07/19/2013 Chicago, IL Standing GA Pit
    LOST
    1st choice 07/19/2013 Wrigley Seated Lower Bowl / Upper Box
    LOST

As a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, I have years of seeing LOST next to the events I care about. It sucks that even in the sober light of day, I still have no intention of continuing with the band. Hail Hail the Lucky Ones to get theirs. For me, I guess nothing lasts forever. At least it wasn't an OD or a suicide that stops the music...is it possible to a bitter 32-year old?

I totally feel your pain. That is pretty much how my tickets tab looks too (except I have no "Won" in mine). Being a member of the 10C is now pretty much just a raffle ticket. I am a bitter 32 y/o as well. Ha.
    Cincinnati 00'
    Cleveland 03'
    Pittsburgh 03'
    Cincinnati 06'
    Chicago 08' (EV Into the Wild 1 & 2)
    Chicago 09' (1 & 2)
    Chicago 11' (EV Uke 1 & 2)
    East Troy 11' (PJ20 1 & 2)
    Chicago 13' (Wrigley)
    Brooklyn 13' (1 & 2)
    Moline 14' (No Code)
    Milwaukee 14' (Yield)
    Chicago 16" (Wrigley 1 & 2)

• Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    curly said:

Peyton18 said:

agree with your post here payton... as the Moline show,...someone already has tix up for over $2,000.00 for the pair... on StubHub...
    10club should be able to pinpoint who they are and cancel membership and/or tickets IMO.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    Slick said:

Indiana boy here too, Mishawaka actually
    Hi Slick! always like finding other locals that are PJ fans!

• Options
    WimstaWimsta Posts: 25
    Coming to Memphis from Atlanta, my first 10C experience.

We'll be there to, coming from Florence, AL
  • Options
    BV84003 said:

curly said:

Peyton18 said:

10club should be able to pinpoint who they are and cancel membership and/or tickets IMO.

does anyone know if they've ever been able to catch anyone selling their 10c tix...
    not being a smartass here,... really wondering if they can actually bust them or prove it?
  • Options
    WimstaWimsta Posts: 25
    I know it would be very easy, but I don't know if they actually try.
    curly said:

BV84003 said:

curly said:

Peyton18 said:

does anyone know if they've ever been able to catch anyone selling their 10c tix...
    not being a smartass here,... really wondering if they can actually bust them or prove it?
  • Options

I am pretty sure those tickets are fake, no one would pay that price but it makes other over priced tickets look cheap.
  • Options
    FalcorFalcor Posts: 11
    Agg said:

Last tour, I got seats for Philly 2 on TM that were in the same section as my Ten Club tickets for Philly 1. So anyone who didn't get tix still has hope to get good seats. And even if you don't, at least you'll be in the building! My seats for both Brooklyn shows were side view and all the way up top, but I still had an absolute blast.

I agree with this. Other than Moline, which is a very small venue, there will be plenty of good seats available via ticketmaster to the larger arenas. I was fortunate to win tickets to Moline reserved, but had I not, I was ready to snag some at 10am tomorrow morning. If you can be at a computer when the public onsale starts there is a likelihood you'll have good to decent seats at the show anyway. I think people who are upset about the lottery system should keep that in mind. If you lost the lottery, you haven't been shut out. Just get on TM and make it happen. Good luck, all.
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself