Options

Pearl Jam Fall 2014 US Tour

Comments

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    The political climate of FL is, how shall we say, not as lovely as the actual state is, and that matters to progressive thinkers. Sorry.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    AB33658AB33658 Seattle, WA Posts: 7
    the odds feature is making my stomach turn! TMI!
    Milwaukee 1995 Kansas City 1998 St Louis 2000 San Antonio, Dallas, Little Rock 2003 Toledo, Gorge, Vancouver 2005 Seattle 2009 London 2010 Chigago (wrigley), Portland, Spokane, Seattle 2013
  • Options
    tloughtlough Posts: 4
    My dad and I are coming down from Edmonton, Canada for the last 6 shows. Just curious if the percentage odds are based on first choices only, or based on all entries for that show (2nd, 3rd choice etc.). Cheers.
  • Options
    tloughtlough Posts: 4
    tlough said:

My dad and I are coming down from Edmonton, Canada for the last 6 shows. Just curious if the percentage odds are based on first choices only, or based on all entries for that show (2nd, 3rd choice etc.). Cheers.

Nevermind. Found another discussion about this!

• Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795

The political climate of FL is, how shall we say, not as lovely as the actual state is, and that matters to progressive thinkers. Sorry.

I doubt the band would engage in such ignorant and prejudicial judgement of 20 million people, especially given the history of rock music breaking down barriers for progressive ideas. Hardly something a "thinker" of any kind would do. The fans in Florida deserve a show just as mush as everyone else who loves Pearl Jam and anyone who thinks they don't because of some of the politicians elected in a pluralist democracy needs to long hard look at their life and value system.

It's probably just too far out of the way to haul the gear to.

• Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751

Please bare with me,

It's a little cold for that.

• Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Anybody think Ed will do some solo shows in the US after this tour?
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    dte_78dte_78 Posts: 15
    alizmi said:

dogtown said:

alizmi said:

I have to go to Cincy and Memphis alone this year since nobody can take the trip with me. I hope I can meet some of you in these cities!

I'm planning to do Memphis solo, as well. Maybe we can have a Ten Club meet up at Graceland.

I'm hoping to get GA seats. I can fly in early and get right to the FedEX Forum and camp out to make sure I get center rail!
    Atlanta here too, hoping for GA to Memphis, are there ever any PJ fan events in the ATL?
    Alpine Valley - 6/26/98, Alpine Valley - 10/08/00, Milwaukee - 6/30/06, Camden - 6-20-08, Chicago - 6-23-09, London - 6-25-10, Alpine Valley - 9-3-11, Alpine Valley - 9-4-11
    EV - Tibetan Freedom Concert - 6-13-99, EV - Minneapolis - 7-2-11
    Brad - Seattle - 12/05/10
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    tcadd94 said:

Hope so. Maybe between Europe and the fall tour?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049

Ya, it's a fantastic city!! How many former mayors of Detroit are in jail? When are they just gonna shut that city down? Aren't they completely bankrupt too?

What the fuck does a city's political system have to do with Pearl Jam fans? Did you even finish high school? Dickhead.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    BV84003 said:

bbison said:

BV84003 said:

Possibly stupid question, but is it not possible to put in for both GA and Reserved to the same concert? I'd feel 100% more comfortable in my own seat, but the reduced floor sections seem pretty intimate. I'd hate to put in for GA and get shut out and left with nothing though. Bah.

You can request both; if your first choice gets filled, the second choice is cancelled.

Thanks! I see now that this is stated in the rules as well. I went ahead and made GA my top priority and reserved 2nd.. The area is VERY small according to the map on Ticketmaster (Detroit). Also, I'd be pretty disappointed to show up to the venue and have like.. 50th row of reserved seating on the floor. I'm only 5'5 so I wouldn't be able to see shit. It's all probably moot though, because this show looks like it's in ultra high demand. I feel like I'll be resorting to TM on the 30th, ugh.
    I requested GA 1st and Reserved 2nd. I'm 5'1", so if I get too far back, I'm afraid that all I'll get to see are shoulders, backs and ass. In all honesty, I'll just be happy to score tickets and make the best out of whatever those might be. Believe me, I won't be complaining.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,048

Please bare with me,

It's a little cold for that.

Hahaha!!!
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    deadendp said:

BV84003 said:

bbison said:

BV84003 said:

Possibly stupid question, but is it not possible to put in for both GA and Reserved to the same concert? I'd feel 100% more comfortable in my own seat, but the reduced floor sections seem pretty intimate. I'd hate to put in for GA and get shut out and left with nothing though. Bah.

You can request both; if your first choice gets filled, the second choice is cancelled.

Thanks! I see now that this is stated in the rules as well. I went ahead and made GA my top priority and reserved 2nd.. The area is VERY small according to the map on Ticketmaster (Detroit). Also, I'd be pretty disappointed to show up to the venue and have like.. 50th row of reserved seating on the floor. I'm only 5'5 so I wouldn't be able to see shit. It's all probably moot though, because this show looks like it's in ultra high demand. I feel like I'll be resorting to TM on the 30th, ugh.
    I requested GA 1st and Reserved 2nd. I'm 5'1", so if I get too far back, I'm afraid that all I'll get to see are shoulders, backs and ass. In all honesty, I'll just be happy to score tickets and make the best out of whatever those might be. Believe me, I won't be complaining.
    This is true. I think being able to secure any tickets at all will be a relief. I was fortunate enough to grab a side stage single ticket to the London, ON show last summer. And I realize that venue is about half the size of the Joe... but I wouldn't be surprised to see this show be pretty close to an instant sell out next Friday.

2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    jjflash said:

Happy for Midwesters
    Good luck at the draw and have fun at the shows

welcome back! missed you old friend

+1
    hope announcement made you happy and enjoy a few shows..have a good weekend peeps
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

Happy for Midwesters
    Good luck at the draw and have fun at the shows

For us non-facebook folks, good to see you are still out there dude!
    hola amigo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    cifrancgx said:

PP193448 said:

TUTMAN08 said:

Can someone help me understand how it is that StubHub already has tickets on sale?

Isn't Stubhub owned by Ticketmaster or something?? Yes that is how people profit from us crazy fans. Tenclub should just demand all the venue tickets and sell as many as possible to fan club members, then list them on ebay per ticket.
    Stubhub is owned by eBay. I too would like to know how there are already 190+ tickets for the Cinci and other shows already on Stubhub.

Some of it is people offering seats in the nosebleeds for $500/ticket. Then, either one of two things happens. They get better tickets at a better price and offer to "upgrade" the buyer's tickets to something like "lower bowl for $180/ticket" or "pit for $250" or something equally insane. The buyer gets a decent view at street prices while not paying the $500 for nosebleeds. The seller still makes a profit on the tickets.

As far as the season ticket holders to the arena? The only tenant is a third-division hockey team, but yeah, I can see their fans scalping tickets.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    astrololeeastrololee Posts: 5
    "Crikey" What a pack of whingers, obviously too many of you have been spoilt for choice in the past, maybe PJ should quit touring the US all together and come on down under for a few years, where any show, anywhere, even in the middle of nowhere, in Australia, would be supported!! And we are extremely gratefully that they even bother to come down here, nearly every 3 years or so and although we would like a tour every 2 years at least we do realize Oz is a long way away!

So some of us save, like crazy and we go to the US to see them...so I'm not ever gonna whinge about where they play so long as I can get to one or two shows. I have put my hand up for Denver & Milwaukee and I don't care that I have to travel over 24 hours + to get there, I will enjoy the fact that I am seeing them live, on their home turf and I may never be that lucky again to see them in the US when it fits in with Bridge!

Note to all you whingers, spare a thought for other fans around the world whom are not as privileged as you all are! Be thankful that you all have had a lot of choice and more opportunities to see them altogether than I can even contemplate! Also PJ could decide one day not to ever tour again, I know that I will always be thankful for the handful of concerts I have seen.

So looking forward to this years concerts! Thank You PJ for the opportunity to connect with some of your less whinging fans whom I have met, whom are as awesome as you!! :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Detroit, MI - GA Standing 19%. That's what happens when you offer no Ontario PJ show. :p
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Ontario Jammers are practically Michiganders anyway, and vice versa, so it's all good! It would be nice to have the GA be a nice mixture of Detroiters and Canadians. :)>-
    demetrios said:

Detroit, MI - GA Standing 19%. That's what happens when you offer no Ontario PJ show. :p

~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    tcadd94 said:

I was thinking the same.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    verceman said:

tcadd94 said:

I was thinking the same.
    I was also thinking the same. A lot of time between the European tour and the fall tour, so I could see it happening.

Not to cause any hysteria and probably not going to happen, but I have heard a few rumors that Ed already has an extremely nice local theater here in Des Moines called the Hoyt Sherman booked for a solo show this year before the fall tour.

http://www.hoytsherman.org/

Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    dte_78 said:

alizmi said:

dogtown said:

alizmi said:

I have to go to Cincy and Memphis alone this year since nobody can take the trip with me. I hope I can meet some of you in these cities!

I'm planning to do Memphis solo, as well. Maybe we can have a Ten Club meet up at Graceland.

I'm hoping to get GA seats. I can fly in early and get right to the FedEX Forum and camp out to make sure I get center rail!
    Atlanta here too, hoping for GA to Memphis, are there ever any PJ fan events in the ATL?
    Very cool. I love that even though I have to make the trip solo...I know that I won't have to be alone.
  • Options
    AgpanAgpan Posts: 3
    Midwest tour!!! Awesome. Wish KC was in the mix....but looking hard at Lincoln and Tulsa! Still close to home.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,653
    i_lov_it said:

ldent42 said:

Which means the crowd is gonna be nuts right? Like Hartford level nuts? ;-)

What Level is that? ;) lol

• Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Few more days, can't wait for the drawing!
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    jaycabicjaycabic Posts: 15
    DETROIT!!! finally thank you thank you thank you my first ever show
  • Options
    jaycabicjaycabic Posts: 15
    JimmyV said:

Very happy for the Midwest and the kickass people there. Not sure I am going to make a show this year but to those that do I hope you have the best of times.

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    have a great time ya'll! :D
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    jaycabic said:

Very cool!! Well enjoy the show, I hope to be there as well
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    jaycabic said:

Congratulations even after Looking at the Pictures someone Posted of Detroit over at the Detroit Thread :P lol