Options

who's ready for pittsburgh??

Comments

• Options
    Im ready but dont have a ticket. Anyone can help out a longtime fan with 1 good extra seat??? I;ll even pay for your ticket. PM ME!!
  • Options
    East Ruth II just wet my appetite. June 23 cant come soon enough.
  • Options
    shekkieshekkie Posts: 79
    So are most people just gonna kick it at the Mellon, or is there anything fun planned?
    9/24/96 8/25/98 9/5/00 4/25/03 4/26/03 10/2/04 9/28/05 5/20/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 8/2/07 8/5/07 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/9/10 10/11/13
  • Options
    GTHobbesGTHobbes Posts: 128
    I don't know that I've ever seen an event with so few tickets available online. None of the online sellers (e.g., onlineseats.com) have more than 1 or 2 sets of tickets, and even ebay only has 10 or so available. There must not be a lot of people looking to part with their tix (which sucks for those of us who are looking for some).
  • Options
    Lukin1967Lukin1967 Posts: 24
    Yes, Sir!!! Cannot wait for the 23rd!!!

My votes for songs I'd like to hear most are: Footsteps, SOLAT, Alone, Hail Hail, Why Go, Come Back, Comatose, Faithfull, I Got Shit, Not For You, Porch, Red Mosquito, Light Years, Wash, Low Light, Immortality, Go, Leash, Gone, Man of the Hour...

I guess I got a bit carried away, but I could go on and on...

Can't wait to see y'all at the show. Make sure you head to the Red Star Tavern for the pre and post show extravagana.
    May '03 State College, PA
    July '03 Hershey, PA
    June '06 Pittsburgh, PA

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead...
  • Options
    Harryj40Harryj40 Posts: 53
    GTHobbes wrote:
    I don't know that I've ever seen an event with so few tickets available online. None of the online sellers (e.g., onlineseats.com) have more than 1 or 2 sets of tickets, and even ebay only has 10 or so available. There must not be a lot of people looking to part with their tix (which sucks for those of us who are looking for some).
    I AGREE !! I can't find 1 good seat anywhere !! I'm going to go if i have to sit on the light rafters !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    luca girlluca girl Posts: 14
    shekkie wrote:
    STEELTOWN Friday night is gonna ROCK!!!!! (6/23 that is)
    I was at Cleveland, Camden 2, and East Rutherford 2 and the boys rocked the house all 3 nights. Last summer when they opened up for the Stones I got to meet the band. I gave Ed my Casey Hampton jersey, that would be sweet if he came out representing the Super Bowl Champs, I told Ed we were going to the Bowl and he laughed. I will honestly shit myself if that happens. But I severly doubt it...... Who Knows..... ROCK ON Pearl Jam

hey, come to think of it, i wonder if any of our steelers will be at the show? i bet some of them are fans. what do you think?
    Caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go...

Please say, that if you hadn't of gone now
    I wouldn't have lost you another way
  • Options
    Driving from Toronto

Can't wait until the 23rd....they have killed every show so far and I doubt that'll change!
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '03
    Ottawa '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto I '06
    Toronto II '06
    Camden I '06
    Camden II '06
    Pittsburgh '06
    Hartford '08
    Mansfield II '08
    Toronto I - EV '08
    Toronto II - EV '08 (this one takes the cake!!)
  • Options
    shekkieshekkie Posts: 79
    That would be great if some Steelers showed up. I work in the TV Industry and when WWE was in town last week, Casey Hampton, Max Starks, Bryan McFadden, and their new Lineman they drafted this year there. So who knows!!!
    9/24/96 8/25/98 9/5/00 4/25/03 4/26/03 10/2/04 9/28/05 5/20/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 8/2/07 8/5/07 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/9/10 10/11/13
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I'm still looking for a ticket too! The PJADDICT mobile is driving down with several other PIT peeps....we need tickets~please help!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I cannot fucking wait. Broke up with my girlfriend, got in a fight with my best friend, and life sucks just about right now. But come June 23 I'll be the happiest man on earth. Can't fucking wait. :D:D
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    13 days.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    ok.. im sitting here listening to the camden 1 bootleg (which i was at).. given to fly.. and im thinking to myself.. i have nothing to do on the 23rd.. should i take a trip?? im already off that day.. i'd more than likely be going solo, but who cares?? whats a 7-8 hour trip?? (from ct)
    somebody convince me either way what to do....
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    DPrival78 wrote:
    ok.. im sitting here listening to the camden 1 bootleg (which i was at).. given to fly.. and im thinking to myself.. i have nothing to do on the 23rd.. should i take a trip?? im already off that day.. i'd more than likely be going solo, but who cares?? whats a 7-8 hour trip?? (from ct)
    somebody convince me either way what to do....

we're all gonna be dirt in the ground.

go for it.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    StoneG82 wrote:
    we're all gonna be dirt in the ground.

go for it.

fuckin-a right.. your point, plus come back playing right now.. and im 96% going

thanks man
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    Hi can anyone help me with 1 or 2 tickets to Pitt?? Please pm me and let me know. thanks
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 543
    Does anyone have any info on what hotel the band might be staying at in Pittsburgh (or at least know where they have stayed previous tours in pittsburgh). Please PM me with any suggestions.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    Does anyone know if section b17 or b-18 is pretty good for seats at the Mellon ?
  • Options
    Going to Pittsburgh on 6/23, from central NJ. Decided to get the ticket after East Rutherford II....they were absolutely incredible!!! I'm coming in solo...none of my friends could take the day off on short notice, but I'm a teacher and my last day is 6/22, so I'm set! What does Pittsburgh do before a Pearl Jam show? Tailgating, or is there a bar or something where people hang out?
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    6/19/08 Camden
    6/20/08 Camden
    6/22/08 DC
    6/25/08 MSG
    8/4/08 EV NYC
    8/5/08 EV NYC
    8/7/08 EV Newark
  • Options
    burghpjfanburghpjfan Posts: 36
    Going to Pittsburgh on 6/23, from central NJ. Decided to get the ticket after East Rutherford II....they were absolutely incredible!!! I'm coming in solo...none of my friends could take the day off on short notice, but I'm a teacher and my last day is 6/22, so I'm set! What does Pittsburgh do before a Pearl Jam show? Tailgating, or is there a bar or something where people hang out?

pittsburgh drinks alot of beer!!!
    some bars are souper bowl, and shales, and a bunch of bars in close walking distance! tailgating sucks at mellon arena.
  • Options

People of Pittsburgh love to tailgate. I'm not sure how good the tailgating is at the Mellon, or where it's at. Bars? Restaurants? Parking lot? I always attend concerts at the Pavilion, and tailgating there is incredible. According to the DMB crowd it's some of the best.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    12 Days.

Twelve. Holy Shit. I can't take this wait anymore!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Is there anyone here who is willing to switch me 10C tickets? I saw some people doing it earlier in the tour, and was wondering if anyone would be so generous to allow this huge PJ fan, who will be attending his first show on June 23, to sit as close as possible. I have 338#, so it's still fan club seating, but won't be as close as possible.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    BigballsBigballs Posts: 44
    Woof woof, Go Browns! (I know the Steelers kicked our ass on X-mas eve, i was there, still gotta represent though... and we've got LeBron, so hah!)

I actually have had a renewed respect for Steelers fans ever since the Monday night game in 95 when they wore the orange armbands to protest the Browns moving to Baltimore. So ever since then I hate the Ratbirds, and am relatively indifferent to the Steelers, it's not even like Ohio State-Michigan...

anyways, I have a pair of ten club seats, and looks like I'm gonna be coming in solo, cuz my friends are either not hip enough to be huge PJ fans or they are too broke to afford to go. So I'm looking for a cool person to sell my extra to for face price and hang out at the show with...

What's up bro. I'd love to grab that extra ticket off you. I'm coming into P-Burgh solo for pretty much the same reasons you listed for having an extra. On top of paying for tix we could meet up pre-game and I'll buy you a couple brews and a bite to eat. I'll be driving down from Syracuse. Please let me know either way, thanks!
    Broken Heart don't feel so bad, ain't got half of what you thought you had".
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    drew0 wrote:
    12 Days.

Twelve. Holy Shit. I can't take this wait anymore!

Yay!! 12 days!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    People of Pittsburgh love to tailgate. I'm not sure how good the tailgating is at the Mellon, or where it's at. Bars? Restaurants? Parking lot? I always attend concerts at the Pavilion, and tailgating there is incredible. According to the DMB crowd it's some of the best.

MMMM tailgating at the Pavillion is AWESOME...I've done it for DMB and its a good time...except trying to get out after the show when you have to drive around people STILL tailgating...and then you just get out of the damn car and tailgate some more while you wait for the lines of traffic to budge...
    Anyways I don't think people tailgate much at the Mellon Arena...theres always tailigaiting at PNC Park/Heinze Field lots for games. I'd say since there are a thousand bars in the area, thats where the tailgating will be but I dunno, I was still in high school for the 2003 show at the Mellon.
  • Options
    So are a bunch of you...yinz...going to the Red Star Tavern in Station Square for the pre party?? Is this still on and what's going on with drink specials for ticket holders, I have seen that mentioned in some previous posts about the Pitts show? I AM SO EXCITED!! I work til 2 and my boyfriend probably til 4:30 but I'm thinking of driving to Pitts by myself from Cranberry after work hehehe and surround myself with awesome PJ fans.

And I'm wondering when the Here We Go Steelers chant will take place...perhaps we should place bets..I'm saying as everyone is leaving the show there will be one...those not from Pittsburgh...this happens at EVERY event basically...concerts, tailgating, what have you, there is always a rowdy Here We Go chant..its ingraining into our culture, allow me to apologize now.
  • Options
    I like living in BFE. I get to hear the cows go mooooooooo.

Heya where in BFE outside of Pittsburgh are you from? I am also...like 50 minutes outside, on the Beaver County Lawrence County line. I can smell the damn cow manure from my house on a windy day.
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856

And I'm wondering when the Here We Go Steelers chant will take place...perhaps we should place bets..I'm saying as everyone is leaving the show there will be one...

Hopefully never, though leaving would be the best time for sure. ;)

I'm at a rock concert at the Igloo, not across the river at Ketchup Field. ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    Does anyone know how the arena is for a show?? small?? good sound?? etc