Options

who's ready for pittsburgh??

burghpjfanburghpjfan Posts: 36
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
some say on tour openers the boys take it easy. what do u think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    burghpjfan wrote:
    some say on tour openers the boys take it easy. what do u think?
    hmm
    this isnt a tour opener though

and either way i wouldn't agree albany was great
    satans
    rats
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Nah. It's Pittsburgh, and they're going to rock! '98, '00, '03 Pitt shows have all ruled, and PJ won't let us down this time.

Here we go. Here we go PJ, here we go.

Sorry..it's two weeks from this Friday, will be my first show, and it's all I can think about.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    Tommy311Tommy311 NYC Posts: 28
    hmm
    this isnt a tour opener though

and either way i wouldn't agree albany was great
    satans
    rats

toronto was the tour opener, albany was 3rd
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG I, MSG II
    2000: Jones Beach I, Jones Beach II, Jones Beach III, Saratoga, Camden I, Camden II
    2003: Uniondale, MSG I, MSG II, Holmdel
    2006: Albany, Hartford, E. Rutherford I. E. Rutherford II
    2008: Camden II, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford, Mansfield II
    2009: Philadephia I, Philadelphia IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, Newark, MSG I, MSG II
    2012: Philadelphia
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Hartford, Seattle
    2014: Detroit
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philadelphia II, MSG I, MSG II, Boston I
    2017: RRHOF
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    drew0 wrote:
    Nah. It's Pittsburgh, and they're going to rock! '98, '00, '03 Pitt shows have all ruled, and PJ won't let us down this time.

Here we go. Here we go PJ, here we go.

Sorry..it's two weeks from this Friday, will be my first show, and it's all I can think about.
    i don't care if it's pearl jam or not, never put anything besides the steelers in that chant EVER. you should be shot into the sun for that. bastard.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    I am SO ready. The igloo is going to shake on the 23rd.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    inmyrvm wrote:
    i don't care if it's pearl jam or not, never put anything besides the steelers in that chant EVER. you should be shot into the sun for that. bastard.

Not a Steelers fan, so I could care less. ;)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    drew0 wrote:
    Not a Steelers fan, so I could care less. ;)
    then you aren't a true pittsburgher, and should dissassociate yourself with the city
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    Black Red Yellow!!!
    Black Red Yellow!!!
    Black Red Yellow!!!
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • Options
    kidapollo wrote:
    Black Red Yellow!!!
    Black Red Yellow!!!
    Black Red Yellow!!!

I second that!!!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    inmyrvm wrote:
    then you aren't a true pittsburgher, and should dissassociate yourself with the city

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? Especially since based on your location (BFE, outside of Pittsburgh, PA) you aren't a "true Pittsburgher" either.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    slushslush Posts: 32
    Just got home from my very first show in Jersey, and I cant wait. Its going to be a long wait for me. Im ready to see them again now!!!
  • Options
    cobainkidcobainkid Posts: 17
    I'm going to go insane. And I'm going with a friend. And we will dance.
  • Options
    mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    *raises hand*
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    ill be there!
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    I want to go badly, but I need 2 Tickets.....someone please H-E-L-P!!!!!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    [size=-2]Me.
    [/size]
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I like living in BFE. I get to hear the cows go mooooooooo.
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    ill be there. DIRTY FRANK IN DA BURGH!!!
  • Options
    I'll be there.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

PITTSBURGH IS GOING TO ROCK!!!!!! :D

(You can tell I'm excited for attending my first, and only, show). :)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Woof woof, Go Browns! (I know the Steelers kicked our ass on X-mas eve, i was there, still gotta represent though... and we've got LeBron, so hah!)

I actually have had a renewed respect for Steelers fans ever since the Monday night game in 95 when they wore the orange armbands to protest the Browns moving to Baltimore. So ever since then I hate the Ratbirds, and am relatively indifferent to the Steelers, it's not even like Ohio State-Michigan...

anyways, I have a pair of ten club seats, and looks like I'm gonna be coming in solo, cuz my friends are either not hip enough to be huge PJ fans or they are too broke to afford to go. So I'm looking for a cool person to sell my extra to for face price and hang out at the show with...
    11/1/92, 10/30/93, 10/31/93, 11/7/95, 7/13/98, 10/21/00, 10/31/00, 10/21/01, 6/3/03, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, 10/4/09
  • Options
    gaelgael Posts: 5
    I pm'd you, Stardog.
  • Options
    Let me just say...that I went to the Cleveland show-5/21 and if that spectacular spectacle was a hint of things to come...we are in for a fucking treat in our hometown...The band seems rejuvenated...they were better than I have ever seen them...everything came together...like the pinnacle of the universe pinpointing the collective power of the band right there on the stage...seriously, I know I sound like a maniac but the power was there, rockin' that night...it was an event...unfortunately the rest of the experience wasn't all that great...I felt kind of uncomfortable in Cleveland.
    Fellow Pittsburghers, let us rally together and show all the visiting Pearl Jam fans that we are a gracious and friendly town...and that we know how to fucking PARTY!!!!! DEAL?
    Pittsburgh '98/Cleveland '03/Pittsburgh '03/Hamilton, ON '05/Cleveland '06 and coming soon-PITTSBURGH '06!
  • Options
    shekkieshekkie Posts: 79
    STEELTOWN Friday night is gonna ROCK!!!!! (6/23 that is)
    I was at Cleveland, Camden 2, and East Rutherford 2 and the boys rocked the house all 3 nights. Last summer when they opened up for the Stones I got to meet the band. I gave Ed my Casey Hampton jersey, that would be sweet if he came out representing the Super Bowl Champs, I told Ed we were going to the Bowl and he laughed. I will honestly shit myself if that happens. But I severly doubt it...... Who Knows..... ROCK ON Pearl Jam
    9/24/96 8/25/98 9/5/00 4/25/03 4/26/03 10/2/04 9/28/05 5/20/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 8/2/07 8/5/07 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/9/10 10/11/13
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I'm going...looking for extra 10C ticket!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    HELL YES!!! There are going to kick ass like they always do! It will be my 4th show this tour, and i have yet to hear parachutes live. Hoping for it in pitts or cincy! Got my fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    Man, I'd love a show on par with Cleveland. I hit up Cleveland, Camden and Boston ... and while Camden and Boston rocked like sick mofos, with rare songs and whatnot ... Cleveland was a great show. The crowd singing "Betterman" as the opener ... going nuts as we did ... that boot gives me chills. When Ed finally comes in on that song, the place erupts!!! Awesome show. And while I've been bred to hate Cleveland with every last Steeler-lovin' blood cell in my body, I have to say it's a great place to see a show and hang out for a couple days.

But, my hometown is my hometown. Or, at least my old hometown. I can't wait to see the Pittsburgh show.
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • Options
    10c# 141xxx. I need 1 good 10c seat to this show, could someone help out a long time fan?? I will sell you my extras face value for when the boys come around for leg3!! Hopefully a couple more NY-NJ dates.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    steelers.......
  • Options
    go2theshowgo2theshow Posts: 79
    brain of c wrote:
    steelers.......

Nice super bowl win. Lame.
  • Options
    I'm ready for Pittsburgh big time !..gonna be my first time in that city..
    hopefully it's worth it
    Master of Zen