Options

Mystery Box/Posters/Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    Question for those of you that have received your box. Was a signature required or was it left on your doorstep?
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,833

jlaustin said:

My box was complete garbage. I couldn't not be most upset. Waste of money.

Good/expected
    -bunch of stickers
    -Chicago Tour Poster/2009
    -Vancouver, BC Poster/2011
    -2012 Europe Tour Shirt (Bomb)

Garbage (will trade/send to anymore if interested)
    -The Who Chicago show hat (looks like something a grandpa would wear)
    -The Who Chicago shirt (bad quality shirt and again, looks stupid)
    -Hail, Hail promo (yes, a one track promo from No Code)
    -Brad, Best Friends? CD
    -Tres Mts CD
    -Live at Benaroya Hall promo (four tracks from the album, nothing exclusive)
    -2004 Fan Club 7". (Which I own)

No patches, bootlegs, anything interesting. This doesn't change my love for the band, but it depresses me greatly and makes me wonder if they actually appreciate the Ten Club fans (member since 1999).

Garbage PJ Mystery Box photo imagejpg1.jpg

Is this a serious post or am I missing the sarcasm?

Some pretty cool stuff in there. Hope mine has that "garbage". Did someone force you to buy the Mystery Box? Your good/expected list equals the cost of the box, so how is that depressing?
    no, no one forced me. I just expected something more or different. I was hoping for s a bootleg or two, maybe a patch, socks, anything different.

I truly hope yours looks like mine if that is what you want. It is all in the eye of the behold I suppose. I was able to trade some stuff to other members, so it wasn't all bad.

I would be a little bummed with this box too. A couple promos, Tres Mts, Brad? I was hoping everything in box would be PJ not PJ related. And no one "forced" him to buy it so that means he had to love everything in it and can't have an opinion on it?
  • Options
    This would have been a truly excellent opportunity for the band to hook us up with some Mad Season stuff and the buttloads of EV wallets that someone is still sitting on
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    dphares said:

Question for those of you that have received your box. Was a signature required or was it left on your doorstep?

No signature required
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869

This would have been a truly excellent opportunity for the band to hook us up with some Mad Season stuff and the buttloads of EV wallets that someone is still sitting on

I wish I would have gotten 2 or 3 of those wallets at the show, use mine everyday and it's holding up good. But it'll wear out at some point I'm sure...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681

jlaustin said:

My box was complete garbage. I couldn't not be most upset. Waste of money.

Good/expected
    -bunch of stickers
    -Chicago Tour Poster/2009
    -Vancouver, BC Poster/2011
    -2012 Europe Tour Shirt (Bomb)

Garbage (will trade/send to anymore if interested)
    -The Who Chicago show hat (looks like something a grandpa would wear)
    -The Who Chicago shirt (bad quality shirt and again, looks stupid)
    -Hail, Hail promo (yes, a one track promo from No Code)
    -Brad, Best Friends? CD
    -Tres Mts CD
    -Live at Benaroya Hall promo (four tracks from the album, nothing exclusive)
    -2004 Fan Club 7". (Which I own)

No patches, bootlegs, anything interesting. This doesn't change my love for the band, but it depresses me greatly and makes me wonder if they actually appreciate the Ten Club fans (member since 1999).

Garbage PJ Mystery Box photo imagejpg1.jpg

Is this a serious post or am I missing the sarcasm?

Some pretty cool stuff in there. Hope mine has that "garbage". Did someone force you to buy the Mystery Box? Your good/expected list equals the cost of the box, so how is that depressing?
    no, no one forced me. I just expected something more or different. I was hoping for s a bootleg or two, maybe a patch, socks, anything different.

I truly hope yours looks like mine if that is what you want. It is all in the eye of the behold I suppose. I was able to trade some stuff to other members, so it wasn't all bad.

I would be a little bummed with this box too. A couple promos, Tres Mts, Brad? I was hoping everything in box would be PJ not PJ related. And no one "forced" him to buy it so that means he had to love everything in it and can't have an opinion on it?
    thanks for the support. I was glad I could help some folks out with stickers, promos, that I don't want. I can pay those forward and get a bootleg or two I am looking for.

side note, after the 2000 tour I had a friend of a friend who gave me all the bootlegs for the shows. I slowly got rid of them and now am down to 1. Biggest mistake ever!!!

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    if anyone is disappointed with or does not want some of their box contents and is willing to donate items to a preparty raffle, us folks going to the st. paul show would be happy to take them your hands to use for fundraising purposes. feel free to pm me if you'd like.
  • Options

Also, the box was spray painted with "mystery box" on the outside to look like the image in the shop, and I sort of felt like a dork walking up to my apartment door finding it standing there.

that is fucking hilarious... i literally laughed out loud when I read that =))
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 505
    edited May 2014
    Got mine today, bout the same as everyone else (will post speciffics and possibly pics later)

HOWEVER!!!! BOX WAS DAMAGED!!!!

Cardboard is thin and only one seal of tape. It appears as if one end of the box was crushed causing the tape to break along half the length of the box. Sounds like everything was there as I got the same amount of everything as those who have already posted but one can never tell if anything else was in there. Again, i'll post pics later.

The issue I see is that the box is big and not really filled leaving air gaps that if even lightly tapped, will crush easy...

Otherwise, no content complaints, knew what I was getting content wise ;)
    Post edited by Hoccapuk on
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Has anyone gotten a decent (or even semi-rare) poster? I keep seeing the same 5-6 posters, most of which they probably couldn't sell.
  • Options

dphares said:

No signature required
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    domjon77domjon77 Posts: 29
    Pretty psyched I got a Reaper shirt and a "Shoot" shirt. Everything else pretty standard. My bootleg was Yokohama 2003 and my vinyl was the Angel/Ramblings single from 1994. I'm having a hard time posting pics.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    domjon77 said:

Pretty psyched I got a Reaper shirt and a "Shoot" shirt. Everything else pretty standard. My bootleg was Yokohama 2003 and my vinyl was the Angel/Ramblings single from 1994. I'm having a hard time posting pics.

Reaper shirt!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Just got my shipping confirmation email from 10c. :)
  • Options
    wmacsonwmacson Posts: 230
    edited May 2014
    My XL Mystery Box came as well today. I got a lot of what everyone else has received. My favorites are the Backspacer bouncy ball and the Canadian hat. Posters are the Columbus and Wolfman poster that others got. Here are a few pics of everything but the posters:

Post edited by wmacson on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663

Has anyone gotten a decent (or even semi-rare) poster? I keep seeing the same 5-6 posters, most of which they probably couldn't sell.

You gotta check out ..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/10cmembers/

&

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/

Lots of folks posting images of what they received in their Mystery Boxes.
  • Options
    musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233
    Got my Mystery box XL today.
    I got
    2 posters
    2 T Shirts
    1 Hat
    NOTHING ELSE.
    My box has a big dent in the end and looked like it may have been resealed.
    Anyone else missing items?
    Sent Shipping an email...
  • Options
    just got a text from an upset buddy. got his, didnt like the contents. everybody understands that the mystery box is full of all the crap that they couldn't sell, right?
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407
    The stickers music etc were in sealed envelopes.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211

everybody understands that the mystery box is full of all the crap that they couldn't sell, right?

it certainly doesn't seem like it.
  • Options
    ericwaller20ericwaller20 Posts: 325
    Got mine in. Cant get photobucket to work. Got same stickers and Who hat as everyone else. My bootleg was Houston and my two posters were the Cleveland Burwell 2010 print and the Ron English Vancouver 2011 print.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    demetrios said:

You gotta check out ..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/10cmembers/

&

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/

Lots of folks posting images of what they received in their Mystery Boxes.

These aren't public, and I'm not on Facebook (and never will be). Oh, well.

Got mine in. Cant get photobucket to work. Got same stickers and Who hat as everyone else. My bootleg was Houston and my two posters were the Cleveland Burwell 2010 print and the Ron English Vancouver 2011 print.

I've always dug that Cleveland Burwell print.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    PJ_Soul said:

dugangsxr said:

Killer box!

That's what he said. :D
    Wow! Really? Didn't see that coming from YOU!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ51390 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dugangsxr said:

Killer box!

That's what he said. :D
    Wow! Really? Didn't see that coming from YOU!
    "It shows to go you, you never know who anybody is."

-- The Spanish Prisoner
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

just got a text from an upset buddy. got his, didnt like the contents. everybody understands that the mystery box is full of all the crap that they couldn't sell, right?

You mean everyone didn't get tour memorabilia from 1998?
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    ericwaller20ericwaller20 Posts: 325

I've always dug that Cleveland Burwell print.

Its one of my favorites but i have the AP so this one will be going to someone else. Got a few new stickers and wrigley patch. My shirts were the white Who and maroon Amsterdam tee.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Just got mine -- Got Vancouver 2012 and Belfast 2010 posters, 1994 double vinyl Christmsas single, bouncy ball, The Who shirt and hat, grey PJ Europe shirt, and the white w/ Red PJ lettering (from 2010 tour, I think). Lots of stickers, typical CDs (2011 boot, Brad, Tres, etc).

If anyone has any of the Atlanta, Pensacola or Philly stickers and want to trade let me know. Have tons of stickers to trade and lots of other odds/ends as well! Also looking for any Pensacola specific stuff (the bag, bottle,etc) if those pop up too.
  • Options
    musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233
    link93 said:

The stickers music etc were in sealed envelopes.

No Envelope in my box...
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,565
    wmacson said:

My XL Mystery Box came as well today. I got a lot of what everyone else has received. My favorites are the Backspacer bouncy ball and the Canadian hat. Posters are the Columbus and Wolfman poster that others got. Here are a few pics of everything but the posters:

Fun! What's the 7" vinyl?
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 829
    Only seen 1 box with Wrigley cards so far