Options

Mystery Box/Posters/Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

This doesn't change my love for the band, but it depresses me greatly and makes me wonder if they actually appreciate the Ten Club fans (member since 1999).

Really? They were cleaning out the warehouse. What did you expect? Also, what does how long you've been a member have to do with anything?
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Could a full sized album fit into a mystery box?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    jervin007 said:

Really? They were cleaning out the warehouse. What did you expect? Also, what does how long you've been a member have to do with anything?

It has everything to do with everything - I was a member of the Ten Club before Pearl Jam was even formed. My mystery box is 80 lbs -- sounds about right for a case pack of bennys.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited May 2014
    rpecsok said:
    Wow! I love that hoodie! My women's m is set for delivery Monday. I'd really love one of those!
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

My box was complete garbage. I couldn't not be most upset. Waste of money.

Good/expected
    -bunch of stickers
    -Chicago Tour Poster/2009
    -Vancouver, BC Poster/2011
    -2012 Europe Tour Shirt (Bomb)

Garbage (will trade/send to anymore if interested)
    -The Who Chicago show hat (looks like something a grandpa would wear)
    -The Who Chicago shirt (bad quality shirt and again, looks stupid)
    -Hail, Hail promo (yes, a one track promo from No Code)
    -Brad, Best Friends? CD
    -Tres Mts CD
    -Live at Benaroya Hall promo (four tracks from the album, nothing exclusive)
    -2004 Fan Club 7". (Which I own)

No patches, bootlegs, anything interesting. This doesn't change my love for the band, but it depresses me greatly and makes me wonder if they actually appreciate the Ten Club fans (member since 1999).

Garbage PJ Mystery Box photo imagejpg1.jpg

:))
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

Good/expected
    -bunch of stickers

-Brad, Best Friends? CD
    -Tres Mts CD

No patches, bootlegs, anything interesting. This doesn't change my love for the band, but it depresses me greatly and makes me wonder if they actually appreciate the Ten Club fans (member since 1999).

Is this a serious post or am I missing the sarcasm?

Some pretty cool stuff in there. Hope mine has that "garbage". Did someone force you to buy the Mystery Box? Your good/expected list equals the cost of the box, so how is that depressing?
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    JV130312 said:

mine is set to arrive tomorrow afternoon.

Are the posters in tubes or shipped loose?

That's what I'd like to know. Just had confirmation that my package has been repacked. That means a number of things to me.
    1) The "mystery box" itself is gone :(
    2) The possibility of damage, especially if the posters were just loose and not tubed
    3) Someone else got to pick through my box before me (and extract any of the really rare/good stuff!)

OK, so 3 is probably a stretch but I'm still bummed. The only bright side is that shipping will be much cheaper than the $100 I expected originally. But I think, if it could safely be sent in a smaller box, wouldn't the 10C have done that to minimise costs, and potentially get these out internationally?
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    Ok. Very jealous now in Australia. These look way cool.

Anyway being scarred from collecting vinyl I have to ask do the boxes come sealed?

I ask because if I buy off a flipper I want to know nothing went missing or good things been swapped with crap.
  • Options
    bazzer said:

JV130312 said:

That's what I'd like to know. Just had confirmation that my package has been repacked. That means a number of things to me.
    2) The possibility of damage, especially if the posters were just loose and not tubed
    3) Someone else got to pick through my box before me (and extract any of the really rare/good stuff!)

OK, so 3 is probably a stretch but I'm still bummed. The only bright side is that shipping will be much cheaper than the $100 I expected originally. But I think, if it could safely be sent in a smaller box, wouldn't the 10C have done that to minimise costs, and potentially get these out internationally?
    To add to this, does anyone have a pic of their box just opened, i.e. with the contents still in teh box?
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083

Good/expected
    -bunch of stickers

-Brad, Best Friends? CD
    -Tres Mts CD

The product description does state that each box would contain a bootleg CD, so you have a legitimate issue there. I'd email them about that at least.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    JoshoeuhJoshoeuh Posts: 167
    derbydave said:

rival. said:

AH! people are getting the creepy clown poster :))

AND the REALLY BAD Columbus '10 "Dinosaur & Pioneer" poster!!
    I'd rather have the Creepy Clown one...BECAUSE:

photo SDC12599_zps86459dca.jpg

I ALREADY have my show copy of that AMES Bros. MONSTROSITY!!
    =))
    I actually kind of like this monstrosity, and would like to have it... But I assume that's because it'd be a great reminder of the first time I FINALLY got to see my favorite band.

Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    mill070995mill070995 Wisconsin Posts: 28
    Here was my haul. I've never posted a picture on here, so I could not figure out how to make these smaller. The 2011 Canada tour hat, the long sleeve shirt, the bootleg, and the bookmark will get the most use. I still had this Christmas single from when I was a teenager (I assume all fans from the 90's have one), and I already have a Tres Mts CD. But at least I got a bootleg I do not own. The think the posters are Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 and San Francisco, California 08-28-2009. It looks like a few people got these. The San Fran poster is signed and numbered, but I'm not sure if that's significant as I only try to buy the posters of the shows I go to (Portland flippers,flip you). The cost was probably the same as weekend out back in my drinking days, so I can live with this.

Everything was packaged well and a full sized vinyl would NOT fit in the 8.5 x 8.5 x 36 inch box I received for the people that have asked.

Milwaukee 7-9-95; East Troy 6-26-98; East Troy 10-8-00; Milwaukee 6-29-06; Milwaukee 6-30-06; East Troy 9-3-11; East Troy 9-4-11; Portland 11-29-13; Milwaukee 10-20-14; Chicago 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18; Seattle 8-10-18; Chicago 8-18-18
    (Ed) Milwaukee 8-19-08; Phoenix 11-4-12
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924

Here was my haul. I've never posted a picture on here, so I could not figure out how to make these smaller. The 2011 Canada tour hat, the long sleeve shirt, the bootleg, and the bookmark will get the most use. I still had this Christmas single from when I was a teenager (I assume all fans from the 90's have one), and I already have a Tres Mts CD. But at least I got a bootleg I do not own. The think the posters are Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 and San Francisco, California 08-28-2009. It looks like a few people got these. The San Fran poster is signed and numbered, but I'm not sure if that's significant as I only try to buy the posters of the shows I go to (Portland flippers,flip you). The cost was probably the same as weekend out back in my drinking days, so I can live with this.

Everything was packaged well and a full sized vinyl would NOT fit in the 8.5 x 8.5 x 36 inch box I received for the people that have asked.

Very nice! Congratulations on scoring the Three Fish shirt!!

• Options
    bazzer said:

bazzer said:

JV130312 said:

To add to this, does anyone have a pic of their box just opened, i.e. with the contents still in teh box?
    Another update:
    Anyway that all the mystery box contents could be fitted into a space 12" x 8" x 2"? Where did the posters go? Looks like I'll be filing a complaint with the reshippers on this one! :(
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    Boxes sealed?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'd assume the boxes were sealed with packing tape as per normal. It would be pretty hard to open and reseal without being very obvious. Unfortunately, I'll never know because someone else opened my box for me! :(
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454

Good/expected
    -bunch of stickers

-Brad, Best Friends? CD
    -Tres Mts CD

I thought everyone was also guaranteed a bootleg?
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    mill070995mill070995 Wisconsin Posts: 28
    edited May 2014
    The box I received was sealed, filled with all sorts of packing paper, and contained one poster tube with the two posters in that tube, three shirts folded together, the hat, and then a plastic bag/envelope that was also sealed tight with tape. Inside that was one envelope with all the stickers and the Christmas 45, and another envelope with the CD's (included a bootleg). No way anything fell out in transit. Also, the box was spray painted with "mystery box" on the outside to look like the image in the shop, and I sort of felt like a dork walking up to my apartment door finding it standing there. Hope that helps.
    Post edited by mill070995 on
    Milwaukee 7-9-95; East Troy 6-26-98; East Troy 10-8-00; Milwaukee 6-29-06; Milwaukee 6-30-06; East Troy 9-3-11; East Troy 9-4-11; Portland 11-29-13; Milwaukee 10-20-14; Chicago 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18; Seattle 8-10-18; Chicago 8-18-18
    (Ed) Milwaukee 8-19-08; Phoenix 11-4-12
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited May 2014
    My box was supposed to come today, but didn't. (that's what she said) lol
    I think they asked for it to be returned and reshipped because they forgot 2 GA tics for every fall show with backstage meet and greet passes.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    rpecsok said:
    I have that white 2008 shirt! I wear it to do laundry sometimes.

Also, Bazzer, if the posters are in a tube and they packed the box tight I could see all that stuff fitting into a 2" deep box.

I'm really considering ordering a mystery box when the women's gets replenished and then donating stuff to the wishlist in saint Louis. Hard to say.

I would love a bookmark if anyone wants to sell one! I didn't even know they had those. I collect bookmarks. I wonder if they're sending out reaper shirts from 2008. I'd love one of those too, even in men's.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options

The box I received was sealed, filled with all sorts of packing paper, and contained one poster tube with the two posters in that tube, three shirts folded together, the hat, and then a plastic bag/envelope that was also sealed tight with tape. Inside that was one envelope with all the stickers and the Christmas 45, and another envelope with the CD's (included a bootleg). No way anything fell out in transit. Also, the box was spray painted with "mystery box" on the outside to look like the image in the shop, and I sort of felt like a dork walking up to my apartment door finding it standing there. Hope that helps.

Great info, thanks! This is exactly what I was after anyway!
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    jlaustin said:

Good/expected
    -bunch of stickers

-Brad, Best Friends? CD
    -Tres Mts CD

Is this a serious post or am I missing the sarcasm?

Some pretty cool stuff in there. Hope mine has that "garbage". Did someone force you to buy the Mystery Box? Your good/expected list equals the cost of the box, so how is that depressing?
    no, no one forced me. I just expected something more or different. I was hoping for s a bootleg or two, maybe a patch, socks, anything different.

I truly hope yours looks like mine if that is what you want. It is all in the eye of the behold I suppose. I was able to trade some stuff to other members, so it wasn't all bad.

• Options
    ldent42 said:

Also, Bazzer, if the posters are in a tube and they packed the box tight I could see all that stuff fitting into a 2" deep box.

Sure, but 12" long? I've never seen a poster tube that short before! And then the rest of the stuff needs to get stuffed into a space 12" x 6" which is pretty tight considering the kind of hauls people are getting.
  • Options

Good/expected
    -bunch of stickers

-Brad, Best Friends? CD
    -Tres Mts CD

are you laughing at me or with me!?

;)

• Options
    jervin007 said:

This doesn't change my love for the band, but it depresses me greatly and makes me wonder if they actually appreciate the Ten Club fans (member since 1999).

my member status means jack and you are right shouldn't. I was just annoyed. Disregard.
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    mine arrived today in Seattle, none too pleased but hey! we support our favorite band right?

what I'm keeping
    2 tshirts, Philly Spectrum 2009 & Europe 2012 though every other member so far received 3 tees
    2 posters, San Fran 2009 & Australia 2006 w/ Kings of Leon
    PJ20 2011 Canadian tour hat
    tons of stickers, Wrigley Field patch, Backspacer temp. tattoo
    and of course the box is a keeper...

what I'll give away or sell
    every CD, Brad-Best Friends?, Tres Mts., NAIS single
    bootleg Albany 2003 (at that show)
    and The Fixer 7" (white) I already have...bummer 8(
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Regarding the Columbus posters:

2003: I had heard that this was a limited run, only because the whole poster craze hadn't really took off yet. I don't even remember seeing one at the merch stands, but then again, I wasn't really looking.... I got the t-shirt with the Riot Act cover art on the front and the cities on the back. I think
    you can still get them from Ames:
    http://amesbrosshop.com/1998pearljambrisbane-3-1-1-2-1.aspx

2010: I have no idea what the hell is going on here. Is it because Do The Evolution was played in 2003 and 2010, making it 2/3 times possible it could have been played it Columbus? (It obviously wasn't yet written in the early 90s.) I think part of it is so bad because the posters usually tie in to the cities somehow.... this one doesn't seem to tie in.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited May 2014

Also, the box was spray painted with "mystery box" on the outside to look like the image in the shop, and I sort of felt like a dork walking up to my apartment door finding it standing there.

That is funny. :))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I got the following (sorry no pics)

2 Posters - Immagine in Cornice and NIJMEGEN 6-27-10
    2 Shirts - The white Hawaiian looking one with just PJ and Amsterdam 2012 (red)
    Bunch of stickers (Calgary, Wrigley Field, Backspacer, Binaural)
    Wrigley Field Patch
    Who/PJ Hat
    Not For You/Out of My Mind (Vinyl 45)
    Single for Wishlist (one track)
    Brad cd
    Tres Mts. Cd
    Philadelphia 2003 Bootleg

Not too bad, would have loved the Built to Last Hoodie and a more recent bootleg. Immagine poster is cool, that Nijmegen poster is not to my liking.

Wish everyone else luck!
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I'm pumped about the 2003 bootlegs showing up. I am scheduled to receive my box on Tuesday.

If anyone wants to part with their 2003 bootlegs, I'd be willing to purchase or trade for: 5/30 Vancouver, 6/1 Mountain View, 6/7 Phoenix, 6/13 Council Bluffs, 6/15 Fargo, 6/24 Columbus, 7/18 Mexico City

Keep me in mind.